Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GW 17 Transfers

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,230 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

jolim24601 wrote: »
    Going to laugh my a** off when I leapfrog the fools that doubled up on Rooney and RVP

Post your team. Please. I dare you.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭MaxPower89

Think I'll just go with the 1 transfer this week, Fletcher out for Suarez.

But considering taking a hit to get Cazorla in also, Arsenal have a good run now for a few games.

• Registered Users Posts: 589 ✭✭✭Steel Dog

I have Fletcher/Suarez/RVP up front. This week I'm debating Feltcher->Berbatov

However the only thing that's holding me back is, keeping my transfer for next week whereby if i downgrade a defender i can then do Fletcher-Torres (home to villa with decent enough fixtures coming up).

What does everyone think? Then I'd have Torres/Suarez/RVP with a midfield of Fellanini/Michu/Carzola/Bale/Sterling.

All I'd be missing then potentially is city coverage so maybe Silva->Bale/Carzola.

Thoughts?
    That sounds good to me on paper but Torres has let so many people down before, but he does seem to be hitting form.

It is a very tasty front 8 with serious points potential each gameweek. Puncheon for Sterling could free up the cash for you too.

• Registered Users Posts: 589 ✭✭✭Steel Dog

MaxPower89 wrote: »
    Think I'll just go with the 1 transfer this week, Fletcher out for Suarez.

But considering taking a hit to get Cazorla in also, Arsenal have a good run now for a few games.
    I would not take a points hit to get an Arsenal player in at the moment.

Depends who you are thinking of getting out for him i suppose and if you have the 11 players to field a team for the gameweek really.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭MaxPower89

Steel Dog wrote: »
    I would not take a points hit to get an Arsenal player in at the moment.

Depends who you are thinking of getting out for him i suppose and if you have the 11 players to field a team for the gameweek really.

I'll have 11 players, but McCartney, Baird and Tevez are 3 of those and all are at risk of rotation.

Ill hold off on Cazorla I think alright, looking at it there I would have to downgrade a defender or keeper also(Al Habsi for Bunn probably), to get him in, and I dont want to change any of Feilini/Michu/Mata really.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,746 ✭✭✭Swiper the fox

MaxPower89 wrote: »
    I'll have 11 players, but McCartney, Baird and Tevez are 3 of those and all are at risk of rotation.

Ill hold off on Cazorla I think alright, looking at it there I would have to downgrade a defender or keeper also(Al Habsi for Bunn probably), to get him in, and I dont want to change any of Feilini/Michu/Mata really.

McCartney is probably behind Demel in the pecking order due to his recent injury and a couple of decent results in that time,
    Baird played the 90 minutes the other night and Fulham won so he is likely to play again IMO, I'm tempted to play him myself in place of Sterling with all the talk about him being rested, Fulham have a decent shot of a clean sheet and Baird is due another goal now. Tevez will probably play from the start this week as it's his turn but the rotation will continue with Aguero being the one to suffer least.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,962 ✭✭✭Hogey007

Apologies for the length of this post but if anyone wants to read it all and give me their opinion they might help because i've never been so clueless with what to do with my transfer, i usually have them in mind from a week before.

Team

Jussi, begovic

baines, mc cauley, mertesacker, nelsen, enrique

fellaini, cazorla, nolan, sterling, michu

RVP, crouch, fletcher

3.5 in the bank.

here's my thought process. want to get rid of crouch, fletcher and mc cauley over the next 3 weeks but also want to get bale back in (most likely for cazorla unless i drop baines)

I don't mind keeping mc cauley for the next 2 gameweeks because he's at home both games with a reasonable chance of a cs.

if i put suarez in for fletcher i only have .3 available so can't really upgrade crouch to berbatov without putting in a 4.0 defender for mc cauley (i'd like to get cameron in)

I could put defoe in for fletcher this week, leaving me enough to put bale in for cazorla or berbatov for crouch the week after and mc cauley to cameron too.

Or keep my transfer for this week and take a look at torres in the final on sunday and if his form continues then put torres in for fletcher next week and 1 of the other transfers i need to make.

last option which i don't think i'll go with is putting carlton cole in for fletcher giving me enough money to still get defoe/torres for crouch but instead of ditching cazorla for bale i could probably get bale in for kevin nolan.

I have a full squad this week so i'm not pressured to field 11 so could leave the transfer but don't want to miss out on suarez at home to villa or defoe at home to swansea if i choose to go with either player.....decisions decisions!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 15,263 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

I have Fletcher/Suarez/RVP up front. This week I'm debating Feltcher->Berbatov

However the only thing that's holding me back is, keeping my transfer for next week whereby if i downgrade a defender i can then do Fletcher-Torres (home to villa with decent enough fixtures coming up).

What does everyone think? Then I'd have Torres/Suarez/RVP with a midfield of Fellanini/Michu/Carzola/Bale/Sterling.

All I'd be missing then potentially is city coverage so maybe Silva->Bale/Carzola.

Thoughts?

I'd be very wary of Torres. People have seen what happened before, getting him in on the back of one or two good performances. There's a good chance i'll do Cazorla->Silva next week, and i recommend you do the same, you want some City coverage at H to Reading where they could run riot, and Silva has looked very impressive in his recent games. Cazorla i'm still wary of despite his good fixtures, he plays too deep for my liking, so i won't lose any sleep over shipping him out. Other than that i'd wait another couple of weeks to do Fletch->Berba, Fletch has Southampton next week, and i don't think Berba's worth it til they have Southampton at home (week after - and coincidentally around the same time Ruiz might be back). This week, save your transfer, or maybe use it on defense/goalie, if you think you could improve a position there

• Registered Users Posts: 17,770 ✭✭✭✭keane2097

Hogey007 wrote: »
    Apologies for the length of this post but if anyone wants to read it all and give me their opinion they might help because i've never been so clueless with what to do with my transfer, i usually have them in mind from a week before.

Team

Jussi, begovic

RVP, crouch, fletcher

3.5 in the bank.

here's my thought process. want to get rid of crouch, fletcher and mc cauley over the next 3 weeks but also want to get bale back in (most likely for cazorla unless i drop baines)

I don't mind keeping mc cauley for the next 2 gameweeks because he's at home both games with a reasonable chance of a cs.

if i put suarez in for fletcher i only have .3 available so can't really upgrade crouch to berbatov without putting in a 4.0 defender for mc cauley (i'd like to get cameron in)

I could put defoe in for fletcher this week, leaving me enough to put bale in for cazorla or berbatov for crouch the week after and mc cauley to cameron too.

Or keep my transfer for this week and take a look at torres in the final on sunday and if his form continues then put torres in for fletcher next week and 1 of the other transfers i need to make.

last option which i don't think i'll go with is putting carlton cole in for fletcher giving me enough money to still get defoe/torres for crouch but instead of ditching cazorla for bale i could probably get bale in for kevin nolan.

I have a full squad this week so i'm not pressured to field 11 so could leave the transfer but don't want to miss out on suarez at home to villa or defoe at home to swansea if i choose to go with either player.....decisions decisions!!!

You look to have way more invested in your defence than I'd be comfortable with, think you should downgrade most of it and use the cash to beef up your strikeforce, maybe upgrade Nolan as well.

keane2097 wrote: »
    You look to have way more invested in your defence than I'd be comfortable with, think you should downgrade most of it and use the cash to beef up your strikeforce, maybe upgrade Nolan as well.

i was planning a bit of an overhaul of the defence with the january wildcard, mertesacker has a nice run of fixtures until then as does enrique and i plan on ditching mc cauley soon.

I could ditch baines now which would solve a lot of my problems but i'm just afraid to....i know the second i do he'll go on a points run i know he's capable of. Although i suppose if he does i could use the january wildcard to get him back??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 241 ✭✭orkkukunkku

Any news about Ridgewell, Bale and Enrique? I have understood that Enrique is likely to be fit and Bale is 50/50.

I have curretly Mata, pucheon and Clyne not playing. This week going to be disaster.

If Bale, Ridgewell and Enrique isnt playing is worth of taking 8 point hit?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,611 ✭✭✭carlop

Hogey007 wrote: »

Team

Jussi, begovic

RVP, crouch, fletcher

3.5 in the bank.

Basically what Keane said. You have way too much invested in your defence. I have Gibbs, but aside from him all my other defenders started out at 4 or 4.5. You need to try and bring in at least one more of the 'big' striking options, which I would classify as RVP, Rooney, Tevez, Suarez and Ba (I keep wanting to take him out, but he doesn't make it easy when he keeps scoring).

I've never had Baines, and while it's caused me the odd stressful Saturday I'm happy overall to never have invested that much in him. He is one of the few defenders who guarantees attacking points, but I think overall defenders are there to be cheap and keep the odd clean sheet. If they bang in a goal or assist every now and then that's great, but that wouldn't be my motivation in bringing them in.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,770 ✭✭✭✭keane2097

I was planning all week on shipping Ashley Cole and either Fletcher or Ba out to get in a cheapo defender and either Tevez or Suarez.

With fixtures and injuries I really needed to get a defender in who I was happy to play this week. A little mini-project I've been working on is figuring out how to get my defence on a Home/Away rotation as well, and Nelsen is part of that plan so even though his upcoming fixtures aren't great I've gotten him in to play against Fulham this weekend along with Suarez.

Next week the plan will most likely involve shipping Fletcher out for Berbatov, but might continue changing my defence around depending how other things are going either. Happy enough with how I'm ticking along at the moment, if I can sort out the backline I'll be in a pretty good spot I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,600 ✭✭✭roryc

keane2097 wrote: »
    I was planning all week on shipping Ashley Cole and either Fletcher or Ba out to get in a cheapo defender and either Tevez or Suarez.

With fixtures and injuries I really needed to get a defender in who I was happy to play this week. A little mini-project I've been working on is figuring out how to get my defence on a Home/Away rotation as well, and Nelsen is part of that plan so even though his upcoming fixtures aren't great I've gotten him in to play against Fulham this weekend along with Suarez.

Next week the plan will most likely involve shipping Fletcher out for Berbatov, but might continue changing my defence around depending how other things are going either. Happy enough with how I'm ticking along at the moment, if I can sort out the backline I'll be in a pretty good spot I think.

I'm literally in an identical situation. I'm thinking Azpilicueta to Nelson this week, leaving me almost £2m to work with, and guaranteeing that I at least have a full team this week! I considered an Arsenal defender but it's really not worth spending cash on defenders this season.

Gives me the option to bump Fletcher to Ba next week if needed, although I'd prefer getting Suarez in soon. Might downgrade RVP to Rooney next week.

Ideal front line for me is Rooney, Tevez and Suarez, which I can do over my next three transfers (with 0.2 in the bank to cover price rises).

• Registered Users Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭wonski

roryc wrote: »
    I'm literally in an identical situation. I'm thinking Azpilicueta to Nelson this week, leaving me almost £2m to work with, and guaranteeing that I at least have a full team this week! I considered an Arsenal defender but it's really not worth spending cash on defenders this season.

Gives me the option to bump Fletcher to Ba next week if needed, although I'd prefer getting Suarez in soon. Might downgrade RVP to Rooney next week.

Ideal front line for me is Rooney, Tevez and Suarez, which I can do over my next three transfers (with 0.2 in the bank to cover price rises).

Rooney, Tevez and Suarez is a killer. But expensive...Have Rooney, and Suarez at this moment. Need to get rid of Berbatov - who would you suggest? Have not much to spend...

Could sell Berbatov to bring Holt in. This would give me extra cash to bring Fellaini in. Is it good idea?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,230 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

Bale very unlikely to play at weekend - AVB

https://twitter.com/BenPearceSpurs/status/279588783781994496

• Registered Users Posts: 4,293 ✭✭✭OneColdHand

FutureGuy wrote: »

Yessss!

• Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭Captain Bob

+1,

+100!!!

I had decided in advance to keep Dempsey this weekend anyway so in a way I'm happy enough if Bale doesn't play, with Dempseys recent form it might be hard to leave him go next week, particularly if he scores against Swansea. if I was really flush for cash I'd quite happily use both of them for a while.
    I've decided not to use any transfer this weekend and unless there is last minute news tomorrow I'll stick to it.

I know that most here aren't interested in premium priced defenders but next week I will be getting Vidic, Luiz, Terry or Assou Ekotto, haven't decided yet. Also waiting on reliable news on Kagawa as I'd like to get him in also, I've a feeling his price could rise quickly once he's settled back.

• Registered Users Posts: 36,145 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

Bale ----> Dempsey.

happy for it to be short-term if need be.

i've still got Walcott in the team. if he's fit, he'll start. though he doesn't seem to be in the provisional squad.

does that mean he's definitely out, or can he be added?

Sterling will come in if he doesn't play.

Mata may well then come in for Walcott/Dempsey, though i'm still not happy with my defence. i'll live with a meh defence for the time being as IMO it's more important to try and get your midfield/forward positions right.

• Advertisement

FutureGuy wrote: »

F**K

• Closed Accounts Posts: 56 ✭✭Green Brigade

Lads brought in Fletcher for the DW and he's def getting the bullet, just can't make my mind up whether its gonna be Defoe or Suarez? Have enough money for both and fear both this weekend.

Lads brought in Fletcher for the DW and he's def getting the bullet, just can't make my mind up whether its gonna be Defoe or Suarez? Have enough money for both and fear both this weekend.

Long term I would suggest Suarez, for this weekend I can certainly see Defoe scoring against a tired Swansea team but as we saw already last weekend he may not get as much minutes as he had been.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,974 ✭✭✭Theboinkmaster

Definitely Suarez.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 56 ✭✭Green Brigade

Long term I would suggest Suarez, for this weekend I can certainly see Defoe scoring against a tired Swansea team but as we saw already last weekend he may not get as much minutes as he had been.

That's what I was thinking, Suarez is a guaranteed starter, while I think Defoe will play the majority of the time, will probably not see as much game time.

With Bale gone I can't waste my transfer on Fletch to Berbs, need to ensure I field 11. Looks like its Azpilicueta OUT, Nelsen IN.

If Berbs scores I will lose the plot...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,094 ✭✭✭SpaceCowb0y

Walcott down to 50/50 he will hardly play will he?? Not sure whether to use my free transfer to Bring Suarez in for Defoe now or transfer Walcott out for someone else?? Was trying to hold off for Bale! Out of my 3 subs McCartney has now popped up as a doubt and Clyne has no game so im stuck with Kackaniclic who rarely plays! :(

• Registered Users Posts: 36,145 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

Walcott down to 50/50 he will hardly play will he??

he's being assessed, but he's got until Monday.

if he's fit, given their form, i'd say he'll start IMO.

i've him in at the minute, but Sterling will come off the bench (hopefully!), if he doesn't play.

carlop wrote: »
    Basically what Keane said. You have way too much invested in your defence. I have Gibbs, but aside from him all my other defenders started out at 4 or 4.5. You need to try and bring in at least one more of the 'big' striking options, which I would classify as RVP, Rooney, Tevez, Suarez and Ba (I keep wanting to take him out, but he doesn't make it easy when he keeps scoring).

I've never had Baines, and while it's caused me the odd stressful Saturday I'm happy overall to never have invested that much in him. He is one of the few defenders who guarantees attacking points, but I think overall defenders are there to be cheap and keep the odd clean sheet. If they bang in a goal or assist every now and then that's great, but that wouldn't be my motivation in bringing them in.

thanks for your feedback and keane2097 too. it makes sense with none of the big teams doing well clean sheet wise and plenty of cheap options available. I'll start trimming my defence a bit.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,605 ✭✭✭Fizman

Fizman wrote: »
    Lambert -> Suarez for me. No immediate danger in either of them changing in price anytime soon so will probably hold off for a few days just in case.

Done.

Advertisement