Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GW 17 Transfers

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22,249 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

I'm not too sure if you are genuinely interested or if it is an attempt to belittle me for some percieved slight on your part, I didn't just make it up, I was just relaying something I had heard or read somewhere recently, I have other things going on in my life, it is even possible that what I said was incorrect, nevertheless it is what I heard.

I'm looking for someone to replace Tevez. Defoe is one of the names on my list of potentials.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,724 ✭✭✭kennyb3

Just to confirm suarez isn't actually suspended next week?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,746 ✭✭✭Swiper the fox

Lemlin wrote: »
    I'm looking for someone to replace Tevez. Defoe is one of the names on my list of potentials.

Apologies so for my paranoia. I've already given my opinion on bringing in Defoe, I would tread carefully, I honestly think Ade will play more minutes. When you look at the Spurs midfield it seems likely to me that they will play a lot of games with one up front, If Sigurdsson comes into any form he'll expect to start as well,

• Registered Users Posts: 4,094 ✭✭✭SpaceCowb0y

Apologies so for my paranoia. I've already given my opinion on bringing in Defoe, I would tread carefully, I honestly think Ade will play more minutes. When you look at the Spurs midfield it seems likely to me that they will play a lot of games with one up front, If Sigurdsson comes into any form he'll expect to start as well,

Sigurdsson is completely wasted at Spurs, cant see him pushing into the first team much at all! its a joke, he was lethal last season for Swansea! I know its off topic but he could have been magic at Liverpool!

• Registered Users Posts: 409 ✭✭TaytoCrisps

I was all set to drop tevez for defoe but having 2nd taughts now. he wont start every match but still has 7 goals and 10 assists so far . cant complain to much about those returns over the course of the season

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 409 ✭✭TaytoCrisps

kennyb3 wrote: »
    Just to confirm suarez isn't actually suspended next week?
    The site will update once this gameweek finishes, he only had a 1 match ban so he will be clear to play

• Registered Users Posts: 48,176 ✭✭✭✭km79

Considering Ashley young for Walters ....

• Registered Users Posts: 20,553 ✭✭✭✭Dempsey

Considering Bale to Dempsey now!

Dempsey wrote: »
    Considering Bale to Dempsey now!

Long term?? I would think that once Bale is fit again he is the go to man for spurs cover!

I was all set to drop tevez for defoe but having 2nd taughts now. he wont start every match but still has 7 goals and 10 assists so far . cant complain to much about those returns over the course of the season

Plus Balotelli did himself no favours today.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,367 ✭✭✭S.M.B.

Will probably switch my plan form Rafael -> Caulker and Tevez -> Suarez to Enrqiue -> Sagna and Tezez to Suarez

Im looking to get Suarez in for Defoe but seriously considering shipping McAuley out for Bassong and just getting it over with! What a hero he is turning out to be for Norwich!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,090 ✭✭✭the whole year inn

Why would anyone consider swapping tevez,on for 30 minutes and 2 assists.Nearly the top stricker in the ff and alot cheaper the the top stricker (RVP).
    Mancini was sick with Batotelli today so I think Tevez will start with Augero with rotation maybe coming in the 60+ minutes.
    Im keeping him!

I was thinking about swaping Pienaar for Fellani maybe worth keeping tho and walcott to Arteta thoughts?

• Registered Users, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 68,370 Mod ✭✭✭✭Grid.

Tevez was brilliant when he came on.....he has to be first choice with Aguero, instantly turned the game around. Balotelli throws his usual strop..when subbed!:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 9,367 ✭✭✭S.M.B.

It's not the first time that Tevez has done well with Balotelli throwing a hissy fit and Mancini has still continued to rotate his 4 strikers.

I said before that I'm going into this Christmas with players who are guaranteed their 90 minutes. I'll look at bringing Tevez back in with my wildcard if he nails a place down over the coming 6 weeks or so.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 5,175 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr Moon

Are Chelsea players prices frozen while they're away?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,675 ✭✭✭thunderdog

Can anyone see any obvious transfers I might want to do for next week? I plan to keep Tevez and Mata for next week. My main problem at the moment is leaving a lot of points on the bench.

tmpxq.png

• Registered Users Posts: 8,076 ✭✭✭Eathrin

Have 6.8m to spend on a midfielder, or should I keep Lallana?
    Have Sterling.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,148 ✭✭✭barneygumble99

Eathrin wrote: »
    Have 6.8m to spend on a midfielder, or should I keep Lallana?
    Have Sterling.

snodgrass??

Right lads, Gorkss out for which of the following:

Nastasic, Sagna, Mertesacker, Caulker?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,962 ✭✭✭Hogey007

Lemlin wrote: »
    Right lads, Gorkss out for which of the following:

Nastasic, Sagna, Mertesacker, Caulker?

arsenal have a nice run of fixtures for next 4 or 5 games, i'd go for mertesacker or sagna.

seriously thinking of putting rooney in for crouch or fletcher (want rid of them both) i can afford it but then can't afford to put bale back in.

i already have rvp so didn't want to double up on united strikers but united's fixtures are decent now and rooney has a habit of going on spurts of scoring once he gets a couple.

edit: i can't afford rooney without taking a 4 point hit to transfer out baines so i think i'll leave the rooney transfer for now. would like to give baines a few more weeks, i think he has been incredibly unlucky, especially against norwich.

so now back to the drawing board as to who to replace crouch or fletcher with, i have 3.5 in the bank but would like to keep some of that to get bale back in. i'll get berbatov in for one of them but don't mind leaving that a week or two until his fixtures turn nice. I was thinking defoe for the other spot but some of you are talking me out of it. tevez, too much of a rotation risk, might have a look at ba tomorrow night if he plays. or would it be worth just putting in a cheap striker like carlton cole who's guaranteed a game?

• Registered Users Posts: 33,061 ✭✭✭✭CSF

Looking at Suarez and Fellaini in for Mata and Tevez. Have 2 freebies so seems to makes sense

CSF wrote: »
    Looking at Suarez and Fellaini in for Mata and Tevez. Have 2 freebies so seems to makes sense

yeah i'd go for that, fellaini is a must and liverpool's next fixtures are nice, villa and fulham at home and qpr away in the next 4 games (other game is tricky away to stoke i think)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,605 ✭✭✭Fizman

Lambert -> Suarez for me. No immediate danger in either of them changing in price anytime soon so will probably hold off for a few days just in case.

• Registered Users Posts: 215 ✭✭jolim24601

I'm in a sort of crucial period. 50 points down from being 1st in my league and jumping through hoops to justify not having RVP in my team while everyone else does.

Got a few weeks until the January wildcard opens up, next gw I'm looking at at least Mata, Bertrand, Clyne, and Bale out.

I don't have Fellaini, Suarez, or Berbatov and my defense is in shambles. Never put in any Stoke defenders which minimized my gains in the past few weeks. Opted for Enrique and Jonny Evans which is proving to be an ambivalent situation.

Luckily I've been making good progress with Tevez and Ba up top and I just put in Rooney which turned out to be a decent decision. I don't agree with everyone who's trying to take Tevez out. He's staying in my team the whole season barring injury. The man's on a mission people and the fact that he's not a cemented starter is just fuel to his fire. 200+ season without a doubt and with a gorgeous price tag to boot. I imagine only Bale and/or Mata will be able to duplicate a 200/9-10 price range.

• Registered Users Posts: 607 ✭✭✭BroLo

Is Enrique injured?

Didn't catch anything this weekend and he only played 26 minutes, so any word on him?

Would Enrique -> Shawcross be a good move?

Where has Rooney been playing of late? Last I heard he was playing a deep, closer to attacking midfielder role? Worth RVP -> Rooney?

• Registered Users Posts: 241 ✭✭orkkukunkku

Bale to Walcot if fit

or

Bale to Depsey?

Is it worth point hit? It seems that I dont get 11 players on pitch in coming gw.

Bego
    Enrique-Ridgewell- Cuellar
    Mata- Fellaini- Michu- Puncheon
    Suarez- Tevez- Rvp

bench: Bale, Demel, clyne

Puncheon, Clyne and Mata doesnt have game and Bale is injured.

0 Ft ja 0.0 in the bank

• Subscribers Posts: 126 ✭✭Camo22

I got Defoe for Fletcher, a bit worried now though. Suarez, RVP and Defoe up front.

I was thinking of captaining Defoe as everyone will have RVP and need to make up ground in my league...

Any thoughts on Captains?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 963 ✭✭✭amber69

Camo22 wrote: »
    I got Defoe for Fletcher, a bit worried now though. Suarez, RVP and Defoe up front.

I was thinking of captaining Defoe as everyone will have RVP and need to make up ground in my league...

Any thoughts on Captains?

Ye. RVP All the way..

Advertisement