Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GW 17 Transfers

Options
  • 08-12-2012 6:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 22,249 ✭✭✭✭

Right lads, need a defender to replace Gorkks. I get 3.9 million for him and have 2.5 million in the bank.

My other defenders are Clark, Shorey, Cuellar and Hughes. I have Begovic and Jaas in goals and don't like doubling up.

I'm thinking Caulker or an Arsenal defender. I'd go for Nastasic but Mancini's meddling wrecks my head.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,362 ✭✭✭S.M.B.

Can you make use of the money elsewhere?

Maybe Mertesacker?

And re: Caulker, I remember you saying that last week and I was looking at the same move. I'm worried about what happens when BAE comes back though and that doesn't look like being too far away.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,249 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

S.M.B. wrote: »

Maybe Mertesacker?

Yep, I want to try and save some of it. I had planned to go Tevez to Aguero but I'm now thinking Tevez to Torres could be a cheaper and better move. After next Gameweek of course.

Mancini's meddling won't be pretty over Xmas I reckon.

• Registered Users Posts: 833 ✭✭✭omniscient_toad

A bit stuck for who to go for in midfield, injury apocalypse meant I brought in Sessegnon purely to avoid ending up with 10 possibly 9 men and I have Fellaini/Michu/Sterling/Bale, can't really see a compelling choice at any price. Arsenal/Cazorla look a bit miserable, Silva has been quiet the last 3 games after showing an initial upsurge, Chelsea are a confusing mess at the moment with a new manager and Nolan has trailed off his impressive early form.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,263 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

2 ft and may well use both + another to get rid of my 3 Sunderland jokers. Mata i think i'll keep despite his blank gw, he's just too good. Bassong for Cuellar will probably be my first change, he should go up 0.2 this week as well as being Norwich's top scorer, i think

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,763 ✭✭✭Jax Teller

S.M.B. wrote: »

Maybe Mertesacker?

And re: Caulker, I remember you saying that last week and I was looking at the same move. I'm worried about what happens when BAE comes back though and that doesn't look like being too far away.

Did you bring in that Southampton keeper a few weeks back? He wasn't even on bench today

• Advertisement

Jax Teller wrote: »
    Did you bring in that Southampton keeper a few weeks back? He wasn't even on bench today
    Nope, went with Bunn (who didn't look much better today).

Thanks for the advice! Much appreciated!

• Registered Users Posts: 16,668 ✭✭✭✭dahat

Fletcher to Berba,simples......5.7 in the bank.......

• Registered Users Posts: 4,094 ✭✭✭SpaceCowb0y

Want to bring Suarez back in for the Villa game, choice is for who... Either Tevez away to Newcastle or Defoe home to Swansea??

Want to bring Suarez back in for the Villa game, choice is for who... Either Tevez away to Newcastle or Defoe home to Swansea??

I'm transferring out Tevez. There'll be too much Coty rotation over Xmas.

Lemlin wrote: »
    I'm transferring out Tevez. There'll be too much Coty rotation over Xmas.

Does Suarez, Defoe and RVP not seem a little weak though? Im afraid Defoe will be rotated with Adebayor too!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

Fletcher out,the shower of shite that's Sunderland at the moment have too many games they'll not get anything from coming up.

Berba,Ba or Defoe to replace him?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,643 ✭✭✭Phoenix Park

Does Suarez, Defoe and RVP not seem a little weak though? Im afraid Defoe will be rotated with Adebayor too!

I haven't had Defoe at all this season. AVB seems to fancy one up front usually (can play two sometimes of course) and i still think once Defoe goes a couple of games without a goal which is inevitable that Adebayor will come back in and hold his place. He's a much better forward than Defoe, Defoe is on a freakishly hot run though and fair play to those who stuck with him. :(

Just taken a 4 point hit for next week, had these two in mind for the past few days as i had 3 million in the bank after ditching Silva for Michu a few days ago (yay!).

Cuellar and Britton (perennial 3rd sub) OUT
    Ben Davies and Fellaini IN

Leaves 0.0 in the bank, but i had to get Fellaini in at any cost this stage, he's hammered me by not having him and i can't take it any more! Also happy to swap a Sunderland defender for a Swansea one as Sunderland have some tough fixtures coming up and i'm already exposed with Mignolet as a goalie option. Shane Long is the only read "dud" in my squad now i feel, hopefully he turns this poor recent form around. Three decent fixtures coming up.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,962 ✭✭✭Hogey007

would of liked to get shawcross in but i think other areas need my attention unless i want to take a 4 point hit which i don't

I've wanted to get rid of crouch for a while and his price is dropping a lot. had also planned on getting rid of fletcher after the DGW. not sure what striker to bring in. i'm thinking defoe and he's due to go up .1 tonight so not sure if i should do it tonight or pay the extra .1 to make sure he doesn't get injured tomorrow.

will get rid of whichever of crouch/fletcher i don't sell then in a week or two for most likely berbatov to have him in in time for his nice run of fixtures.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,049 ✭✭✭unkymo

Cuellar out, Cameron in.

I have George McCartney sitting on my bench for the last few weeks so he'll be gone next week for either Ben Davies or Nathaniel Clyne.

• Registered Users Posts: 409 ✭✭TaytoCrisps

Silva and Defoe in for Tevez and sessegnon this week baring injuries tomorrow

• Registered Users Posts: 6,746 ✭✭✭Swiper the fox

Silva and Defoe in for Tevez and sessegnon this week baring injuries tomorrow

You need to think carefully about Defoe, he's in great form and will always have a decent goals to minutes ratio but AVB will be looking to get Adebayor into a bit of form and views him as his number 1 striker, Defoe will be lucky to play 50% of the time after the next week or so.

Silva still much too pricey for what he will return IMO.

• Registered Users Posts: 329 ✭✭donglen

Suarez or Berba?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,466 ✭✭✭✭machiavellianme

Yeah, cos having 3 of the top 5 forwards in the game is very weak. You could hardly expect any points back from that lot. :pac:
    I haven't had Defoe at all this season. AVB seems to fancy one up front usually (can play two sometimes of course) and i still think once Defoe goes a couple of games without a goal which is inevitable that Adebayor will come back in and hold his place. He's a much better forward than Defoe, Defoe is on a freakishly hot run though and fair play to those who stuck with him. :(

Just taken a 4 point hit for next week, had these two in mind for the past few days as i had 3 million in the bank after ditching Silva for Michu a few days ago (yay!).

Cuellar and Britton (perennial 3rd sub) OUT
    Ben Davies and Fellaini IN

Leaves 0.0 in the bank, but i had to get Fellaini in at any cost this stage, he's hammered me by not having him and i can't take it any more! Also happy to swap a Sunderland defender for a Swansea one as Sunderland have some tough fixtures coming up and i'm already exposed with Mignolet as a goalie option. Shane Long is the only read "dud" in my squad now i feel, hopefully he turns this poor recent form around. Three decent fixtures coming up.
    You need to think carefully about Defoe, he's in great form and will always have a decent goals to minutes ratio but AVB will be looking to get Adebayor into a bit of form and views him as his number 1 striker, Defoe will be lucky to play 50% of the time after the next week or so.

Silva still much too pricey for what he will return IMO.

He does? This is the same Adebayor who has 234 minutes to his name all season and a measely 8 points? Versus Defoe's 9 goals and 1176 minutes in the same period? Why would any sae manager drop his top goalscorer for a loose cannon like Adebayor? From what I can see, AVB is more likely to play Dempsey up front than Adebayor....

He does? This is the same Adebayor who has 234 minutes to his name all season and a measely 8 points? Versus Defoe's 9 goals and 1176 minutes in the same period? Why would any sae manager drop his top goalscorer for a loose cannon like Adebayor? From what I can see, AVB is more likely to play Dempsey up front than Adebayor....[/QUOTE]

Ya, thats the fella I'm talking about, methinks you don't know as much as you'd like us to believe, we'll see whose right

• Registered Users Posts: 1,141 ✭✭✭Santi101

AVB loves Defoe, he's not getting dropped anytime soon.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,668 ✭✭✭✭dahat

Santi101 wrote: »

Sure he is as good as Falcao!

Santi101 wrote: »

It could be a horses for courses situation and Defoe will certainly get a lot of game time, not as much as he has while Adebayor was out though. AVB will probably want to play most weeks with one striker, look at the midfield options he has, Adebayor has a more physical presence for the lone striker role and the word is that he favors Adebayor, I'm only issueing a note of warning for anyone buying Defoe now, he will certainly be in a competition for his place whereas until now he has been a certainty.

Def not as good as Falcao ha but he's in great shape this season. Adebayor is a stroppy, overrated muppet. Him and AVB dont seem to be on great terms either.

It could be a horses for courses situation and Defoe will certainly get a lot of game time, not as much as he has while Adebayor was out though. AVB will probably want to play most weeks with one striker, look at the midfield options he has, Adebayor has a more physical presence for the lone striker role and the word is that he favors Adebayor, I'm only issueing a note of warning for anyone buying Defoe now, he will certainly be in a competition for his place whereas until now he has been a certainty.

Fine in tough away games, but I can see both starting alot. He went with Ade alone away to City, went with both away to Arsenal. Anyway, Spurs' fixtures look fine over the next month so I wouldnt be moving DEFOE on yet.

Plus there seems to be some underlying issues with Ade's fitness, whereas Defoe is in his best shape in years.

Any source for "the word is that he favours Adebayor"?

Any source for "the word is that he favours Adebayor"?

No source, am I required to give one with every throwaway comment, like most here I have no insider knowledge of any Premier league team, what I said was something I had heard mentioned on the Boards Spurs supporters Club forum and possibly on radio I think. The last time AVB made a decision between them he went with Adebayor, as far as I remember that was after Defoe scored a hat trick mid week in Europe.

Guys, like the rest of ye I am only giving my opinion, you might need to be wary with Defoe, maybe I'm completely wrong, as a Spurs supporter I much prefer the little guy.

Rooney is beginning to look tasty again! Much cheaper then RVP and is good to see him popping up on the score sheet again lately!

No source, am I required to give one with every throwaway comment, like most here I have no insider knowledge of any Premier league team, what I said was something I had heard mentioned on the Boards Spurs supporters Club forum and possibly on radio I think. The last time AVB made a decision between them he went with Adebayor, as far as I remember that was after Defoe scored a hat trick mid week in Europe.

Guys, like the rest of ye I am only giving my opinion, you might need to be wary with Defoe, maybe I'm completely wrong, as a Spurs supporter I much prefer the little guy.

Well even if you could link to the comment from the Boards supporters club?

Well even if you could link to the comment from the Boards supporters club?

I'm not too sure if you are genuinely interested or if it is an attempt to belittle me for some percieved slight on your part, I didn't just make it up, I was just relaying something I had heard or read somewhere recently, I have other things going on in my life, it is even possible that what I said was incorrect, nevertheless it is what I heard.

• Advertisement

There's a bit of truth in what Swiper is saying but the reality is that nobody knows what AVB will do over the coming weeks.

Today he's got both Ade and Defoe upfront but Bale is out so Dempsey is covering his position.

I'd be cautious when it comes to Defoe and he's not really one I'd be looking at long term. Having a fit Bale in your team seems like the more sensible option.

Anyway, now I need to re-evaluate my Rafael out move.

Advertisement