Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GW 17 Transfers

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,474 ✭✭✭YeatsCounty

I have 3.8 in the bank, which I was planning to use to upgrade Morrison to Bale. However since Morrison is playing deep these days and is dropping in value tonight or tomorrow, I was thinking of swapping him for Snodgrass for one week until Bale is fit again. I can make a bit of extra cash from Snodgrass, hopefully.

The only problem is that I'd have to hold on to Fletcher for another couple of weeks but I don't see a cut and dried replacement for him anyway until I downgrade Jose Enrique.

Thoughts? This is my current team for next week:

Jaaskelainen
    Cameron/Rafael/Jose Enrique/Hughes
    Michu/Fellaini/Morrison
    Van Persie/Suarez/Fletcher

Subs: Mignolet/Clyne/Puncheon/Mata

Edit: Or should I just wait and hope Bale is fit for this week?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,996 ✭✭✭✭billymitchell

Got Defoe in for LeFondre.

Team for the week
    De gea
    o'brien/rafael/cameron
    Sterling/fellani/michu/carzola
    suarez/defoe/tevez

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,236 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

Rooney and Snodgrass in for Walcott and Ba. Love Walcott but injured again and it seems that contract talks not going well. I consider Snodgrass a sneaky 2 week gamble but he rose in price last night and I think he might again before the end of the week.

fpl17.png

Done for the week but might take a hit on Saturday morning for a defender if needed.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

What do people think of bringing in sagna. Only 5.1 and as mentioned befor arsenal have a decent run. Will he defo start the next couple of fixtures or better off bringing in a sure starter liker metersacker?

ye im thinking of getting sagna in for enrique this week. The values gone from enrique(although they do have nice fixtures) now that hes back playing left back and a slight injury doubt for the weekend.

ye im thinking of getting sagna in for enrique this week. The values gone from enrique(although they do have nice fixtures) now that hes back playing left back and a slight injury doubt for the weekend.

Agreed, but I'll hold him even if he a doubt. If he is confirmed out, I might get in Sagna of Nastasic. If he is not injured, will get rid of Cuellar for someone around 4.0 to get some funds for Mata/Silva/Bale

• Advertisement

There is a growing feeling that United will be out to try and humiliate Sunderland at Old Trafford on Saturday and that SAF will be using the comments above to motivate their player to get a measure of revenge.

Last night, both Rose and Bardsley went off injured and their 2 CBs ended the game at LB and RB. Perhaps a defensive crisis at Sunderland on Saturday?

Plenty of reasons to stock up on United this weekend.

• Registered Users Posts: 607 ✭✭✭BroLo

FutureGuy wrote: »

There is a growing feeling that United will be out to try and humiliate Sunderland at Old Trafford on Saturday and that SAF will be using the comments above to motivate their player to get a measure of revenge.

Last night, both Rose and Bardsley went off injured and their 2 CBs ended the game at LB and RB. Perhaps a defensive crisis at Sunderland on Saturday?

Plenty of reasons to stock up on United this weekend.

I would love to stock up on United this weekend, but I just don't have the cash. Rooney & RVP are the two I see doing major damage, but I can't get both, so I don't know whether to leave RVP or bring in Rooney and hope he becomes a prolific goal scorer for the rest of the season.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,746 ✭✭✭Swiper the fox

FutureGuy, you have plenty of form in this regard, coming on here and advising us that Utd are gonna open up a can of whoopass any time they have a favorable fixture:pac::pac:;)

On a serious note, outside of Rooney and RVP do you see value anywhere else, I couldn't be relying on a utd clean sheet till Vidic is back, or any midfielder till Kagawa.

FutureGuy, you have plenty of form in this regard, coming on here and advising us that Utd are gonna open up a can of whoopass any time they have a favorable fixture:pac::pac:;)

On a serious note, outside of Rooney and RVP do you see value anywhere else, I couldn't be relying on a utd clean sheet till Vidic is back, or any midfielder till Kagawa.

:D I know, but this is an exceptional circumstance and I'm making the case that an overload on United attacking options ain't the worst idea in the world especially between now and the Christmas wildcard! United will need to get as many points ahead of City as possible before the European football starts again as City will be more rested.

As a United fan, when facing weaker teams at home, I want three points and a good performance. On Saturday, I hope United wipe the fcuking floor with them after they (the fans) celebrated City winning the league. I mean absolutely embarass them. United are yet to completely trounce someone this season and Sunderland look like they could receive a beating from a team that is on form. Rooney has already stated he is looking for retribution and I am sure they will all feel the same.

I'm waiting on Kagawa to get settled again but he is on my radar. Valencia is also a semi-decent bet, but with RVP and/or Rooney in your team covering United and so many better options in midfield right now, I cannot justify adding a United midfielder for another few weeks. If Kagawa looks enticing after Christmas, I may bring him in and get rid of Rooney or RVP.

If I had Rafael, I'd keep him but with Vidic back and Smalling doing everything to get a starting place, I cannot take a risk on transferring Rafael in right now.

BroLo wrote: »
    I would love to stock up on United this weekend, but I just don't have the cash. Rooney & RVP are the two I see doing major damage, but I can't get both, so I don't know whether to leave RVP or bring in Rooney and hope he becomes a prolific goal scorer for the rest of the season.

I will not say to bring in Rooney for RVP. It's the type of advice that could backfire. But if you look at Rooney, when he gets in form he is absolutely incredible regardless of fixtures.

I'll say this...Rooney is probably going to be my captain and not RVP.

• Advertisement

I will not say to bring in Rooney for RVP. It's the type of advice that could backfire. But if you look at Rooney, when he gets in form he is absolutely incredible regardless of fixtures.

I'll say this...Rooney is probably going to be my captain and not RVP.

Yeah that's true. It's a tough call, it's the type of game where either or in this case even both of them could fire a hat trick.

Has Rooney been playing further forward of late? Last I heard he was playing deeper, closer to an attacking midfielder?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,589 ✭✭✭✭Necronomicon

I'd love to get Rooney in, but don't think I can afford it. The only two options for me are replacing RVP (don't want to do it because I think RVP is going to be more consistent over the season) or replacing Tevez and downgrading Bale to a 7.6 midfielder.

• Registered Users Posts: 329 ✭✭donglen

Thoughts on strikeforce please: (I've 3.5 in the bank so I can seriously upgrade Fletcher)

Current:
    RVP
    Aguero
    Fletcher

I was thinking of: Option 1
    RVP
    Aguero
    Suarez

but now thinking of: Option 2
    RVP
    Rooney
    Tevez

Thoughts please :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 17,770 ✭✭✭✭keane2097

Anyone know who makes up WBA's first choice backline?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,290 ✭✭✭Oregano_State

donglen wrote: »
    Thoughts on strikeforce please: (I've 3.5 in the bank so I can seriously upgrade Fletcher)

Current:
    RVP
    Aguero
    Fletcher

I was thinking of: Option 1
    RVP
    Aguero
    Suarez

but now thinking of: Option 2
    RVP
    Rooney
    Tevez

Thoughts please :confused:

Jaysus, you've a stacked attack!

Can't see much of a problem having tevez and aguero, although I'd have Rooney over Aguero personally, with United's fixtures.

Hrm I can just about afford this:

Present forwards:
    Ba Berbs RVP

Possible forwards:
    Rooney Le Fondre RVP

Other options would be Ba for Rooney and Cazorla for Snodgrass... but I just don't trust Norwich to keep scoring well, they've only scored 17 goals this year so far (just over 1 per game). Other options for Snodgrass are Duffer who seems to play 90 minutes one game and then only do 30 in the following game. The other thing is that I've 1M in the bank which I was saving to bring Bale back in at the end of the month which'd be completely used up to bring in Rooney under the above option. Decisions decisions.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,625 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

Major surgery required on my team at the minute:

Krul
    Jaaskelainen

Clyne
    Cuellar
    Enrique
    Gorkss
    Shawcross

Fellaini
    Sterling
    Bale
    Ramirez
    Sessegnon

RVP
    Tevez
    Le Fondre

With Clyne having no game and Gorkss not first choice anymore, I'm faced with the prospect of playing Cuellar at OT. Want to keep Bale until he's back. Sessegnon was a punt for the DGW but has to go soon I think. Ramirez has done nothing since I got him and has no game this week. Was going to use my transfer to get Michu back in again. Have taken too many hits the last few weeks so don't want to take any more. Any suggestions??

Probably just went on a bender last night and was hungover... I kid, this may make my decision so much easier now, although it is probably nothing too serious and he will play this weekend.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,746 ✭✭✭Swiper the fox

It seems Cameron for Stoke will go up overnight, I've been thinking of getting another Stoke at the back, I have Begovic, I'll be replacing McCartney from West Ham, question is are Stoke ever gonna implode or is that backline all it seems, I'd be nervous enough about having 2 from the same team but obviously it has it's benefits. I was thinking of saving my transfer for saturday morning to get the latest on Bale, if he plays he will make mincemeat out of Swansea, it'll be like Kevin Mouse back in the day:pac::p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,263 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

It seems Cameron for Stoke will go up overnight, I've been thinking of getting another Stoke at the back, I have Begovic, I'll be replacing McCartney from West Ham, question is are Stoke ever gonna implode or is that backline all it seems, I'd be nervous enough about having 2 from the same team but obviously it has it's benefits. I was thinking of saving my transfer for saturday morning to get the latest on Bale, if he plays he will make mincemeat out of Swansea, it'll be like Kevin Mouse back in the day:pac::p

personally i hope even more double and triple up on Stoke defenders people will just get greedy there's no way they'll continue getting as many clean sheets just look at their upcoming fixture list, i hope they concede v Everton (who have scored in every game except 1) this weekend i can just see loads of people playing 2 and even 3 Stokies at the back, i have Shawcross myself but he'll be benched this weekend

• Site Banned Posts: 549 ✭✭✭Ares

Stoke City, and Asmir Begovic and Geoff Cameron have been my favourite two fantasy players this year. Since I brought in Cameron in GW 10 the two have combined for 68 points in 7 weeks. For a goalkeeper and defender that's amazing.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

manual_man wrote: »

personally i hope even more double and triple up on Stoke defenders people will just get greedy there's no way they'll continue getting as many clean sheets just look at their upcoming fixture list, i hope they concede v Everton (who have scored in every game except 1) this weekend i can just see loads of people playing 2 and even 3 Stokies at the back, i have Shawcross myself but he'll be benched this weekend

You know, after that post, Shawcross will get a clean sheet and 7 blocks with his face to earn him 3 bonus points :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 31 benji2012

have a look at this team, think i should change anyone or get a new captain?
    jasskelainen
    a cole nastacic clarke
    sterling snodgrass michu fellani
    rooney tevez van persie(captain)

• Registered Users Posts: 16,305 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

benji2012 wrote: »
    have a look at this team, think i should change anyone or get a new captain?
    jasskelainen
    a cole nastacic clarke
    sterling snodgrass michu fellani
    rooney tevez van persie(captain)

Ashley Cole will not play this weekend, I would try and get some Stoke defense in there too. RVP is the best candidate for a captain over the course of a season. Although Rooney would be more of a wildcard captain.

• Registered Users Posts: 215 ✭✭jolim24601

I don't agree with pairing Rooney and RVP at all. It's a stupid move because you're losing a lot of quality in your midfield and you're looking at a limited amount of minutes when you consider the fact that they will be rested in the course of the season. Man U are still very much in the Champions League as well.

If you don't have Mata, Bale, Silva, Hazard, or Cazorla in your midfield you're going to pay for that sooner or later. People who think cut-price midfielders like Fellaini and Michu are going to salvage the lack of elite players in their midfield will be punished.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,643 ✭✭✭Phoenix Park

jolim24601 wrote: »
    I don't agree with pairing Rooney and RVP at all. It's a stupid move because you're losing a lot of quality in your midfield and you're looking at a limited amount of minutes when you consider the fact that they will be rested in the course of the season. Man U are still very much in the Champions League as well.

If you don't have Mata, Bale, Silva, Hazard, or Cazorla in your midfield you're going to pay for that sooner or later. People who think cut-price midfielders like Fellaini and Michu are going to salvage the lack of elite players in their midfield will be punished.

I've had bothRooney and RVP for over a month and gone from low down in my league to closing in on a Champions League spot ;)

Only shame is that everyone is now wise to it and that edge is gone. Rooney has been great to own the last few weeks, i'd be afraid to get rid of RVP and Utd have great fixtures to come.

All about getting points, this stuff of being top-heavy and limiting your midfield is for the birds. Get the players that get you the most points in their respective positions and work around the prices. I have Bale out of the midfielders you mentioned. I sold Mata and Silva a while ago to get in Fellaini and Michu. Only mistake i made was not doing it earlier. I'd love to have have kept Silva in particular but you can't have it all. Nothing wrong with splashing out for both Rooney and RVP imo.

jolim24601 wrote: »

I think you are basing your idea on qality on the price of the player. I think the lack of big hitters in midfield last year would have been suicide, but with Michu, Nolan, Felliani, Sterling and Puncheon scoring well, you do not need more than one midfield player worth 9m+.

You say that Michu and Felliani are not going to make up for big hitters? We are halfway through the season and they have not only matched their score but they have beaten them by a dozen points and for 3.5 m less!

I have RVP, Suarez and Rooney up top and have Michu, Snodgrass, Felliani, and Puncheon in my midfield, and Cazorla as my current heavy hitter. Cazorla can be changed to Bale/Mata/Silva as I see fit.

2 x 5.5 m defenders provide the spine of my defense and 3 cheap defenders rotate each week.

EDIT: I will admit that getting in Much and Felliani NOW, when they are now both 8m isn't a clear cut decision when Bale, Mata and Silva are just 1.5 m more. But if you bought them early (I got Michu at 6.5 in GW 1 and Felliani at 7.0 in GW11), then it's madness to get rid of them.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,600 ✭✭✭roryc

I'm still struggling to see any transfer other than Fletcher to Berbatov.

18btap.jpg

Fulham have QPR, Liverpool, Southampton, Swansea, West Brom and Wigan in their next 6 games, I fully expect Berbs to perform against these teams. Fletcher has United and City coming up before Christmas, and hasn't been on fire.

My defence worries me though, with Enrique doubtful and Azpilicueta missing a game (and didn't get a game last week) I'm thinking perhaps I might need to look at strengthening up this week. Rafael isn't guaranteed a start, so I may be stuck with just Cameron and Clark (who faces Liverpool!).

Hopefully I can play Rafael, Enrique and Cameron, but I'll be saving my transfer until tomorrow or Saturday morning until I hear more news. If it looks like I might be stuck I'll have to shift Azpilicueta.

Bassong won't even be considered, he's had an amazing few games but there's no way he will keep this up. Not much other options though, perhaps Mertesacker?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,589 ✭✭✭✭Necronomicon

roryc wrote: »
    My defence worries me though, with Enrique doubtful and Azpilicueta missing a game (and didn't get a game last week) I'm thinking perhaps I might need to look at strengthening up this week. Rafael isn't guaranteed a start, so I may be stuck with just Cameron and Clark (who faces United!).

Hopefully I can play Rafael, Enrique and Cameron, but I'll be saving my transfer until tomorrow or Saturday morning until I hear more news. If it looks like I might be stuck I'll have to shift Azpilicueta.

Bassong won't even be considered, he's had an amazing few games but there's no way he will keep this up. Not much other options though, perhaps Mertesacker?

Villa are playing Liverpool this weekend, or was that a typo?

Advertisement