Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GW 17 Transfers

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,236 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

Am giving serious thought to having RVP and Rooney.

BroLo wrote: »
    Is Enrique injured?

Didn't catch anything this weekend and he only played 26 minutes, so any word on him?

Would Enrique -> Shawcross be a good move?

Where has Rooney been playing of late? Last I heard he was playing a deep, closer to attacking midfielder role? Worth RVP -> Rooney?

Tight hamstring. Ambiguous response.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,589 ✭✭✭✭Necronomicon

Trying to decide whether or not to sell Bale until he gets back. I only got him in last week, so I don't think I'd be buying him back in at a loss when he's fit again (though haven't checked the figures).

If I do, I'm thinking either another Spurs midfielder (probably Dempsey) or a United midfielder for the game against Sunderland. They're probably the most attractive fixtures for this GW.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,770 ✭✭✭✭keane2097

After threatening to do it for weeks the time has finally come for me to ship out Ashley Cole. I also want to get rid of Fletcher again (have two free transfers).

I'm between two minds about which way to go with it - either a cut price defender like Shorey and Tevez in for Fletcher or else Gibbs/Nastasic and Berbatov.

Any thoughts?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,881 ✭✭✭bohsman

keane2097 wrote: »
    After threatening to do it for weeks the time has finally come for me to ship out Ashley Cole. I also want to get rid of Fletcher again (have two free transfers).

I'm between two minds about which way to go with it - either a cut price defender like Shorey and Tevez in for Fletcher or else Gibbs/Nastasic and Berbatov.

Any thoughts?

Really don't see the point of paying over 5m for a defender. Shorey/Tevez for me all the way.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,367 ✭✭✭S.M.B.

Maybe I'm being too hasty in brining Suarez in for Tevez.

Has anyone considered the RVP to Rooney move?

• Registered Users Posts: 36,190 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

it's too early to do anything this gameweek IMO.

i've no idea yet if Bale will be fit. although unlikely, he's a bit of a freak.

Walcott's also due back, but we won't know for sure until later in the week.

no clue if Evans will be fit after coming off early yesterday, or if United defenders will just be rested, so I may keep Smalling for a week.

this week will most definitely be a Friday transfer, although my kneejerk Monday transfer last week of Wisdom
    > Clark did work out well.

• Registered Users Posts: 36,190 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

S.M.B. wrote: »

i have.

but at the moment, i do have enough money to keep RVP and it not affect elsewhere too much, and it's not like he's going to stop scoring.

if i needed the extra money, i'd seriously think about it though.

Have thought about it a little but I'd only be doing it to strengthen my defence really as my MF is pretty stacked already so probably not worth it.

I think Tevez's points to price and minutes ratio very much outweighs the rotation risk he poses, and I don't even have him in my team.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,634 ✭✭✭miller82

pulled the trigger already

santi cazorla
    > Nolan
    Flethcher
    > RVP

front three of Suarez
    RVP
    Tevez

Serious firepower :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭Captain Bob

as Rooney goes up tonight thinking between him and Suarez (already have RVP)
    Any thoughts?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,634 ✭✭✭miller82

as Rooney goes up tonight thinking between him and Suarez (already have RVP)
    Any thoughts?

Becasue you have RvP i would go with Suarez and use the money else where

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

Rooney being on penos makes it one to consider but Im going to stick with RVP. Just looking at the league table today utd have scored 40 goals in 16 games ten more than any other team in the league. There could be an argument for having the two of them.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,263 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

Rooney being on penos makes it one to consider but Im going to stick with RVP. Just looking at the league table today utd have scored 40 goals in 16 games ten more than any other team in the league. There could be an argument for having the two of them.

i could have both of them (just) if i do Mata and Fletcher to Kacaniclik and Rooney (for a hit)

tempted :pac:

United's fixtures are very tasty

manual_man wrote: »
    i could have both of them (just) if i do Mata and Fletcher to Kacaniclik and Rooney (for a hit)

tempted :pac:

United's fixtures are very tasty

As sated earlier, a strikeforce including Rooney and RVP is incredibly tempting to me for the next few weeks. I'm also planning to get in that boy Rafael.

The only thing that is stopping me from pulling the trigger on Rooney is Kagawa's immiment return. If he can keep fit, he will be a great player for United and I might bring in Kagawa instead of Rooney.

As you can see, I'm going to be putting my chips on United.

• Registered Users Posts: 215 ✭✭jolim24601

Rafael has been given so much license to roam forward that he'd be a necessity if Man U were actually keeping any clean-sheets. I love Evra this year too though he's been in such great form and I think he's improved with the captain's armband.

Other high-priced defenders like Vertonghen and Vermaelen I'm staying away from with a 10 foot pole but Baines and one of the regular Chelsea defenders look mighty tempting. Does anyone know anything about Cahill's chances of remaining a starter when Terry comes back?

no guarantee Kagawa will get his game. they got him before they got Rvp, with Rvp there now Rooney is playing in the position Kagawa was bought for. bit unlucky for Kagawa but i don't really see where he's gonna fit in, it's possible he could be put in centre midfield or on the wing but i don't think either really suit him

• Registered Users Posts: 6,746 ✭✭✭Swiper the fox

jolim24601 wrote: »
    Rafael has been given so much license to roam forward that he'd be a necessity if Man U were actually keeping any clean-sheets. I love Evra this year too though he's been in such great form and I think he's improved with the captain's armband.

Other high-priced defenders like Vertonghen and Vermaelen I'm staying away from with a 10 foot pole but Baines and one of the regular Chelsea defenders look mighty tempting. Does anyone know anything about Cahill's chances of remaining a starter when Terry comes back?

Terry would appear more likely to get regular playing time alongside Luiz, personally I'm considering Terry and Vidic for my defence soon enough

• Registered Users Posts: 9,600 ✭✭✭roryc

Will be closely watching Berbs and Fletch in their respective games, my most likely swap is still bringing the crazy Bulgarian back.

Hopefully he plays well tonight and still drops in price (currently at 97%), could do with saving some cash seeing as Bale keeps losing value. Due to drop AGAIN tonight but I can't get rid of him, it seems there's a chance of him playing this weekend, gone to orange (50%) on FF.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,385 ✭✭✭cardwizzard

Bale at -219%, think he might go down .2 this week.

• Advertisement

Bale's price dropping only really matters if you're going to sell him anyway right?

keane2097 wrote: »
    Bale's price dropping only really matters if you're going to sell him anyway right?

well yes, obviously... i don't have him but i'm happy to hold off for a while. he's touch and go for the weekend, and after that they have Stoke and then Villa away. you wouldn't expect a whole load of goals in either. add to that the fact he's one booking away from a suspension. Reading at home is the next potential for big points imo, but that's a good few weeks away yet

• Registered Users Posts: 19,111 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

Gone for Cazorla>Snodgrass and Le Fondre>Giroud. Pretty happy with it as It's a huge improvement while keeping that Arsenal cover for their fixtures.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,367 ✭✭✭S.M.B.

Yeah, the penalty situation is what's tempting me. Add to that the January wild card which gives you an easy solution of reverting back to RVP should the decision back fire and it becomes even more tempting.

I agree with the "no need to make the change unless you can find a worthwhile use for the cash saved" advice though.

Will see how Berbs gets on tonight and make a decision later.

• Registered Users Posts: 241 ✭✭orkkukunkku

Really need help.

a) Bale->Walcot
    b) Bale-> Dempsey

Already have michu, fellaini, mata, puncheon

• Registered Users Posts: 1,806 ✭✭✭q2ice

RVP is a beast. Always a threat for a goal.

I got him in as soon as Man Utd signed him at £13.0 million
    If I was to get rid of him now it would need to be a permanent move as I would £13.4 million for him meaning I would have to find £0.4 from elsewhere to get him back in.

On a different note. one thing I don't like is that a player needs to go up 0.2 for you to get a benefit of 0.1. however if the player goes down by 0.2 then you get the full hit - 0.2. The same rule should be applied for both increases and decreases. Feels like you get punished both ways .

• Registered Users Posts: 1,806 ✭✭✭q2ice

Really need help.

a) Bale->Walcot
    b) Bale-> Dempsey

Already have michu, fellaini, mata, puncheon

How about Ben Arfa?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,605 ✭✭✭Fizman

q2ice wrote: »
    RVP is a beast. Always a threat for a goal.

I got him in as soon as Man Utd signed him at £13.0 million
    If I was to get rid of him now it would need to be a permanent move as I would £13.4 million for him meaning I would have to find £0.4 from elsewhere to get him back in.

On a different note. one thing I don't like is that a player needs to go up 0.2 for you to get a benefit of 0.1. however if the player goes down by 0.2 then you get the full hit - 0.2. The same rule should be applied for both increases and decreases. Feels like you get punished both ways .

I actually prefer that it's set up that way. It's makes it more challenging. If it increased at the same rate as the decrease then everyone would have ridiculously high-valued squads by xmas and there would be little or no difference between most squads.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,186 ✭✭✭✭km79

Anyone looking at Ashley young ....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 215 ✭✭jolim24601

Young or Valencia might be worthwhile moves very soon.

I would do Bale ---> Dempsey or possibly Cazorla. Or I would keep Bale and monitor Walcott for a week or two.

Advertisement