Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Loungers who lunch even more!! **MOD WARNING OPENING POST**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭Hermione*

That sounds fab! I would love to curl up in bed or on the couch but I'm watching Who Do You Think You Are and only our kitchen tv has Saorview to watch RTE on so I've to stay here for now, first world problem or wha :p
    Love that show!

Friday afternoon cannot come qickly enough. Up the walls with busyness this week :eek: That really horrible type of busy, Where you’re running around all day, and the day flies, but it feels you’ve actually gotten nothing done :(

• Registered Users Posts: 3,020 ✭✭✭Ah_Yeah

Gonna be stuck late in office today :( Was really hoping to ride the horsey, it's such a lovely evening!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,440 ✭✭✭cdaly_

That sounds fab! I would love to curl up in bed or on the couch but I'm watching Who Do You Think You Are and only our kitchen tv has Saorview to watch RTE on so I've to stay here for now, first world problem or wha :p

Saorview decoder €40.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,772 ✭✭✭✭Whispered

:( I am feeling so terribly bad and I can't talk about why. I'm between sitting in silence and crying. WTF, sometimes life throws something at you that you just weren't expecting.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,401 ✭✭✭✭x Purple Pawprints x

Hope you're okay Whispered. x

Just dyed my hair and I feel great. Just about to go dry it now. Cannot wait because I love how shiny it is right after it's been dyed. :D

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,687 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

Hope you are ok Whispered.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,364 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

For anyone interested, some of the stuff from the Herald yesterday on dating. Still think it's meant as a joke, it's such crap if can't be for real...

Rule: Don't talk to or text a guy first
    Talking to or texting a guy first may make you feel cool, buy essentially you're just getting in the back door, creating a relationship that may not have happened otherwise. He may date you because he is flattered or bored or because you're nice, but he probably isn't truly crazy about you

Rule: Don't ask a guy out by text, social networking, instant messenger or any other way.
    ...some crap...when it comes to dating the woman an not be the aggressor without eventually regretting it. Men love a challenge and asking them out destroys the chase - and while he may say 'yes' to be polite, for sex or out of boredom, he will eventually drop you for the girl he really likes

Rule: Wait at least four hours to answer a guys first text and then a minimum of 30 mins thereafter
    Four hours is for the yougest set - for those in college and women in their early to mid-twenties who grew up with texting and facebook. The older you are the more you should try to wait - a 30 yeara old should wait more like 12 hours and a 40 puls year old should wait a day to reply. After you do text back, limit the conversation to 15 minutes or 10 total exchanges. This strategy makes him wonder what you are doing, creates anticipation and forces him to ask you out

Rule: Don't answer his texts after midnight

Rule: Rarely write anything on his wall and other rules for social networking sites
    Never friend a guy first this is like talking to him first
    Wait 24 - 48 hours to confirm a friend request from a guy you like, let him think you're busy.
    Rarely write on his wall - writing on his wall is like broadcasting to the world that you like him
    Don't alway respond if he posts on your wall - always do the least and/or write less

Rule: Don't email a guy first, and keep it brief
    ...some crap...long emails make it clear that you are not busy

Rule: Don't talk too much in the first few weeks
    you don't even want to know what they've put here

Rule: Let him suggest skype and visit you more in a long distance relationship

Rule: Don't write to guys first, ignore winks and other rules for online dating
    The cardinal rule to online dating is that he writes to you first. You never message him or send him a wink or chat him up first, no matter how perfect or your type he is. As with everything else, it is better to let him make the first move so you have no doubts how interested he really is

Rule: Don't sext or send a guy anything you wouldn't want him to have if you break up
    Because the type of guy you'll end up with if you follow all these crap rules will put all you dirty pics and messages on the internet for the world to see

Rule: Wait for a guy to follow you on twitter first and rarely return tweets
    ...some crap...keep your accout protectes, meaning you have to approve followers
    Don't follow a guy on twitter unless he follows you first, even then wait 24 - 48 hours to accept his request so you don't seem obsessed with him or twitter
    Don't respond to any of his open timeline tweets
    If he sends you an @ reply, don't always respond

This stuff all comes from this woeful book...http://www.amazon.co.uk/The-New-Rules-generation-bestselling/dp/0749957247/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1357836575&sr=8-1

Hugs whispered x

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,565 ✭✭✭Cerulean Chicken

cdaly_ wrote: »

We'd all just freeze and die without you wouldn't we. RTE 1 is not worth €40 to me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 683 ✭✭✭General Relativity

Dating ahem 'advice'

salt-mountain.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,949 ✭✭✭✭IvyTheTerrible

Hope you're ok Whispered.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,772 ✭✭✭✭Whispered

Thanks. Just being a drama queen. :o I'll be fine I'm sure.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,818 ✭✭✭Lyaiera

For anyone interested, some of the stuff from the Herald yesterday on dating. Still think it's meant as a joke, it's such crap if can't be for real...

Rule: Don't talk to or text a guy first
    Talking to or texting a guy first may make you feel cool, buy essentially you're just getting in the back door, creating a relationship that may not have happened otherwise. He may date you because he is flattered or bored or because you're nice, but he probably isn't truly crazy about you

Rule: Don't ask a guy out by text, social networking, instant messenger or any other way.
    ...some crap...when it comes to dating the woman an not be the aggressor without eventually regretting it. Men love a challenge and asking them out destroys the chase - and while he may say 'yes' to be polite, for sex or out of boredom, he will eventually drop you for the girl he really likes

Rule: Wait at least four hours to answer a guys first text and then a minimum of 30 mins thereafter
    Four hours is for the yougest set - for those in college and women in their early to mid-twenties who grew up with texting and facebook. The older you are the more you should try to wait - a 30 yeara old should wait more like 12 hours and a 40 puls year old should wait a day to reply. After you do text back, limit the conversation to 15 minutes or 10 total exchanges. This strategy makes him wonder what you are doing, creates anticipation and forces him to ask you out

Rule: Don't answer his texts after midnight

Rule: Rarely write anything on his wall and other rules for social networking sites
    Never friend a guy first this is like talking to him first
    Wait 24 - 48 hours to confirm a friend request from a guy you like, let him think you're busy.
    Rarely write on his wall - writing on his wall is like broadcasting to the world that you like him
    Don't alway respond if he posts on your wall - always do the least and/or write less

Rule: Don't email a guy first, and keep it brief
    ...some crap...long emails make it clear that you are not busy

Rule: Don't talk too much in the first few weeks
    you don't even want to know what they've put here

Rule: Let him suggest skype and visit you more in a long distance relationship

Rule: Don't write to guys first, ignore winks and other rules for online dating
    The cardinal rule to online dating is that he writes to you first. You never message him or send him a wink or chat him up first, no matter how perfect or your type he is. As with everything else, it is better to let him make the first move so you have no doubts how interested he really is

Rule: Don't sext or send a guy anything you wouldn't want him to have if you break up
    Because the type of guy you'll end up with if you follow all these crap rules will put all you dirty pics and messages on the internet for the world to see

Rule: Wait for a guy to follow you on twitter first and rarely return tweets
    ...some crap...keep your accout protectes, meaning you have to approve followers
    Don't follow a guy on twitter unless he follows you first, even then wait 24 - 48 hours to accept his request so you don't seem obsessed with him or twitter
    Don't respond to any of his open timeline tweets
    If he sends you an @ reply, don't always respond

This stuff all comes from this woeful book...http://www.amazon.co.uk/The-New-Rules-generation-bestselling/dp/0749957247/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1357836575&sr=8-1

Rule: Don't read this and gawk. You'll have to explain to anyone watching why you gawked and they'll end up gawking too. This will set up a chain of vomit not even the norovirus can beat. And as everyone knows, the norovirus isn't sexy.

My hair is all pretty :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,710 ✭✭✭shalalala

I love the smell of freshly dyed hair.

• Registered Users, Moderators, Education Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 15,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭rebel girl 15

I'm feeling so sick :( Got this terrible headache at lunchtime today, and now I feel it in my head and in my ears :( Came home and hopped straight in the shower, thought it was my hair being slightly greasy that was the cause, but it wasn't. Gonna take tablets and go to sleep for a while

• Registered Users Posts: 2,813 ✭✭✭PhysiologyRocks

2728450211_49a05d7c15_m.jpg

Oh mon dieu, your hair is a tree?

I must have the name of your stylist.

shalalala wrote: »
    I love the smell of freshly dyed hair.

Me too, I keep smelling mine.. I know that's weird.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,331 ✭✭✭Ilyana 2.0

Hello all! Well the doctor says there's nothing to worry about, but I'm being sent for an ultrasound to be on the safe side. I'm taking evening primrose oil to help things; I bought it in Holland & Barrett with some vitamin B12, which absolutely stinks. I'm refusing to take it :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,772 ✭✭✭Ella

Going to the later bootcamp tonight. Why can't it be indoors??? :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32,513 ✭✭✭✭Lucyfur

Ella wrote: »
    Going to the later bootcamp tonight. Why can't it be indoors??? :(

COS INDOORS WON'T MAKE YOU FIT NOW MOVE

Or something like that, I would imagine :D

Lucyfur wrote: »

COS INDOORS WON'T MAKE YOU FIT NOW [SIZE="4"]MOVE[/SIZE]

Or something like that, I would imagine :D
    Ah I know by 9 tonight ill be showered and in my pjs and very happy I did it. Just so hard to go back out in the cold when I'm so warm now. But yes, I'll be fit soon enough :)

Ilyana 2.0 wrote: »
    Hello all! Well the doctor says there's nothing to worry about, but I'm being sent for an ultrasound to be on the safe side. I'm taking evening primrose oil to help things; I bought it in Holland & Barrett with some vitamin B12, which absolutely stinks. I'm refusing to take it :(

You can get B12 injections too! My friend gets them.

Rushed through everything to get to the horse. Lesson cancelled :(

Ah_Yeah wrote: »

Rushed through everything to get to the horse. Lesson cancelled :(
    Aw how come?

Yeah I've heard of those alright, apparently the 'slebs get them. I only picked up the B12 as it was on sale, it's not vital or anything.

Currently looking at trying a yeast and sugar free diet to help my skin. I feel like a need a detox, but I'll miss my crap food so much!

Yeah I've heard of those alright, apparently the 'slebs get them. I only picked up the B12 as it was on sale, it's not vital or anything.

Currently looking at trying a yeast and sugar free diet to help my skin. I feel like a need a detox, but I'll miss my crap food so much!
    My Mam gets them injections and she's not famous :p

Glad your appointment went well Ilyana :)

Ella wrote: »
    Aw how come?

Not enough people booked in! I shoulda booked in :(

I'm on a carb detox for 24 hours to see if my tummy settles down. Had porridge for breakfast, just yoghurt for lunch.
    Yoghurt and an apple again for dinner. Not the hugest sustenance I know, but I need to see if my stomach is less upset!

And No Ella, no tests have been done yet ;)

Not enough people booked in! I shoulda booked in :(

I'm on a carb detox for 24 hours to see if my tummy settles down. Had porridge for breakfast, just yoghurt for lunch.
    Yoghurt and an apple again for dinner. Not the hugest sustenance I know, but I need to see if my stomach is less upset!

And No Ella, no tests have been done yet ;)

Sorry to hear about your lesson btw!

That's quite a detox, you must be starving! My tummy is all over the shop too lately, I haven't stopped the Christmas overindulgence because I'm not back at college so I have no routine. I need to detox as well, and try get my skin clearer. And if I drop a pound or two I won't complain, although I'll have to keep an eye on that.

• Advertisement

Sorry to hear about your lesson btw!

That's quite a detox, you must be starving! My tummy is all over the shop too lately, I haven't stopped the Christmas overindulgence because I'm not back at college so I have no routine. I need to detox as well, and try get my skin clearer. And if I drop a pound or two I won't complain, although I'll have to keep an eye on that.

I've been so busy at work I havent thought about it. Im more tired from lack of food than anything.
    Tbh my tummy is no better, Im hoping it will be tomorrow, if not Ill go to the doctor.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement