Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Loungers who lunch even more!! **MOD WARNING OPENING POST**

Options
  • 15-11-2012 10:00am
    Registered Users Posts: 32,513 ✭✭✭✭

New thread!

penguin-cake-21361859.jpg

Cake!!

MOD WARNING HERE:
    Mod

We are getting tired of the snide/bitchy remarks. They stop now.

If you have issues with a poster, put them on ignore, do not respond to their posts. Lashing out at others makes the thread uncomfortable for everyone.

If it continues, we will be forced to close the chat thread. Don't be the one who ruins it for everyone else.

This is the FINAL warning. From here on in, posters will be infracted and/or taking breaks from the Ladies Lounge if they decide they don't want to play nice.

Ignorance of this warning will not be accepted as an excuse.

Comments

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 17,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭Das Kitty

So this is going to be the pregnancy scare version, right?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,020 ✭✭✭Ah_Yeah

No, this is the pengweng version :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 944 ✭✭✭xDramaxQueenx

I am like an Anti-Christ today. :( going to leave my phone at home today and spend the day doing something fun. Am going to have to give the money tree a slap or two, I'm broke from yesterday. Oh well

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,154 ✭✭✭Dolbert

Ooh shiny :D

Is it just me or is this the longest week ever? How the frick is it only Thursday :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,844 ✭✭✭Honey-ec

Spent two hours last night reading my history text before realising I was on the wrong chapter.

/rage

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,772 ✭✭✭Ella

Uni flu, vit C, olbas oil, tissues and junk food. This bad boy is leaving my body by the end of the day.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,949 ✭✭✭✭IvyTheTerrible

Yay new thread! Penguins are cute.

Also, my New Years plans are sorted, woop! :)

Yay new thread! Penguins are cute.

Also, my New Years plans are sorted, woop! :)
    You're coming home to see me? Awwww wuvs you <3

• Registered Users Posts: 2,166 ✭✭✭carolinespring

I want to clime back into my bed cover y head and block the world out. Feeling ****ty and really finding it hard not to cry at work today.

Roll on home time.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 81,309 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

Bake sale on today run by another team. Going to buy ALL the cake.

Also I'm getting a cold, stay away.
    I tried to scan myself in to work today with my bus card which is a brightly coloured papery thing. The work id is not.
    :cool:

• Advertisement

Ella wrote: »
    You're coming home to see me? Awwww wuvs you <3
    Yesssss....

<_<

>_>

Actually a friend of ours, his parents converted a big old farmhouse and other buildings in the middle of nowhere into gites. The parents are away for New Years, so all the friends have been invited there. It's great because it's so far from anywhere, you can make as much noise as you like (when there are no paying guests of course! :) ). Really looking forward to it. Haven't seen some of the people in over a year.

I want to clime back into my bed cover y head and block the world out. Feeling ****ty and really finding it hard not to cry at work today.

Roll on home time.
    ((Hugs)).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,380 ✭✭✭WinterSong

Can't get a doctor's appointment until tomorrow at the earliest. Not cool.

The shine of this new thread is cheering me up a bit though :D

Yesssss....

<_<

>_>

Actually a friend of ours, his parents converted a big old farmhouse and other buildings in the middle of nowhere into gites. The parents are away for New Years, so all the friends have been invited there. It's great because it's so far from anywhere, you can make as much noise as you like (when there are no paying guests of course! :) ). Really looking forward to it. Haven't seen some of the people in over a year.
    Ah that sounds awesome! Think we're all heading to a Greek restaurant for NY. They move all the tables after dinner and turn it into a little disco :)

/my room now smells like a rave :D

Why is everybody sick?

What sort of plague monkeys are we?

@bluey -- we have baileys sponge cake at home. I don't like it. It's my mate's wedding cake so I feel bad throwing it in the bin.

Finished off the last of the sherbet UFO's last night. Still got lots of refreshers and sherbet lemons left. om nom

@Stenchy -- the November dog in my calendar is a gorgeous leggy blonde one and it has the same name as you. Now I'm not saying she reminds me of you... but every time I look at my calendar I think of you.

:pac:

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 81,309 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

Someone made mini cookie monsters :eek::eek:
    And piggies with marshmallows!
    So cute
    The cakes looked AMAZING, one had a ton of mnms as the topping

I got a few things :o

My baileys cheesecake is the bestest, DK :cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,390 ✭✭✭Stench Blossoms

Das Kitty wrote: »
    @Stenchy -- the November dog in my calendar is a gorgeous leggy blonde one and it has the same name as you. Now I'm not saying she reminds me of you... but every time I look at my calendar I think of you.

:pac:

Hahaha ! The gave a dog my name? I'm honoured. Actually, no I'm not :(

:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,565 ✭✭✭Cerulean Chicken

Chocolate & Baileys cake ftw, om nom nom.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,401 ✭✭✭✭x Purple Pawprints x

Cool, new thread. :)

Having a bit of a fight with my bf. Won't go into the details because it's too complicated. Suffice to say I'm mad at him and he's mad at me. Lovely.

Cinema later though, looking forward to it but not as much as I was because of this fight but I'll go an enjoy it anyway.

Not sure if I should ring bf.. :confused:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,710 ✭✭✭shalalala

Ring him if you think it will make you feel better.

I need NYE plans. I don't want to stay in this year and NYE is usually a dud. My Bestie is going to be home but I will prob be working on NYE so that means travelling to Mayo after and getting there just in time for midnight :(

• Registered Users Posts: 40,401 ✭✭✭✭x Purple Pawprints x

I don't know if it will. It might. I'll have to think about it. I think he had to go to the SW office this morning so I'll ring in a while maybe. Yesterday was a crappy day for me.

Hahaha ! The gave a dog my name? I'm honoured. Actually, no I'm not :(

:D

Reminds me of the time I was doing my Open Water qualification and the instructor proudly told us his wife had just had a baby, and they were calling him Jack. "Oh that's my dog's name," says I. He wasn't too impressed.

Serves him right for being so unoriginal, that was around 2002 when every second boy born in this country was called Jack.

Honey-ec wrote: »
    Reminds me of the time I was doing my Open Water qualification and the instructor proudly told us his wife had just had a baby, and they were calling him Jack. "Oh that's my dog's name," says I. He wasn't too impressed.

Serves him right for being so unoriginal, that was around 2002 when every second boy born in this country was called Jack.

My grandparents' next door neighbours have a child called Oscar.
    I brought Osky over to them one day.
    The neighbours weren't impressed when I was calling him ;)

Honey-ec wrote: »

It's still in the top five names. I have a first name that is extremely common, I hate it. I would never give a child such a popular name!

It's still in the top five names. I have a first name that is extremely common, I hate it. I would never give a child such a popular name!

Ne're shall there be a child named Jack in our family, as Jack was the dog and it will always be a dog's name to us. He was born during Italia 90 and was named after Jack Charlton. Lived til he was 17, fair play to him.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 7,439 Mod ✭✭✭✭XxMCRxBabyxX

That's why I love mine. It may be impossible for people to pronounce or spell but it's always a talking point and always something I can be proud of.

I'm never taking advice from here again :P
    I went to sleep to try clear my head for my essay. Only just woke up...

I have 6 hours to get this done. Go go go!

I know someone with a dog called Rachel.

I also know someone with a dog called Charlie... and a son called Cathal. It would have been the other way around if they arrived in the opposite order...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,931 ✭✭✭Ilyana

If we hadn't called our dog Archie, I would have seriously considered it for a son I may have had in the far distant future. So now I'mma go with Theodore :)

My first name is more common in the UK, not so much here. Still, it's kinda classic and there wasn't a pile of others with the same name in school.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 7,439 Mod ✭✭✭✭XxMCRxBabyxX

I almost forgot...
    In the words of those annoying people on facebook

First! (Page)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement