Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Loungers who lunch even more!! **MOD WARNING OPENING POST**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,020 ✭✭✭Ah_Yeah

Ella wrote: »
    I've bungee jumped. Jumped out of a plane. But you won't catch me near a magic carpet ride or even the waltzers these days :p

#ima****ingpussynow

Im devastated. All my friends are boring/broke :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,080 ✭✭✭McChubbin

I'm listenin g to a whole slew of cheesy 80's power ballads.
    Can't beat a bit of Jennifer Rush! :D

• Registered Users, Moderators, Education Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 15,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭rebel girl 15

Wasn't going to - but going to now, and do it very slowly, legs have no energy!!

I did - and I felt better than the previous two runs :D

*pats oneself on back - doing a few stretches, bite to eat and bedtime. Must remember my passport in the morning, flying home tomorrow evening!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,772 ✭✭✭Ella

Ah_Yeah wrote: »

Im devastated. All my friends are boring/broke :(
    Well I'm getting my car serviced so will probably be broke by Sunday too. But it's payday on Tuesday yay!

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 17,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭Das Kitty

Lyaiera wrote: »
    I know what I want to write. I just need to sit down and do it. I get notions of doing things all the time.

I want 1000 words of it written by bedtime on Sunday.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,331 ✭✭✭Ilyana 2.0

I was looking wistfully at some lovely Paper Blanks notebooks today, and it got me all enthused to write something (to write what, I don't know). Pity they're so expensive, but if I could write something worthwhile they'd be worth it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,154 ✭✭✭Dolbert

McChubbin wrote: »
    I'm listenin g to a whole slew of cheesy 80's power ballads.

turnaround.eufd3lkg3u8ssk8wokog0socg.2xne1totli0w8s8k0o44cs0wc.th.png

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,676 ✭✭✭✭herisson

But it's payday on Tuesday yay!

Woo monthly pay in two weeks for me :(

Well I'm getting my car serviced so will probably be broke by Sunday too. But it's payday on Tuesday yay!

Jealous! 16 days for mise! Doing ok for money so far though :)

Someone posted on FB to turn on fm104. Some guy is standing on a bridge and wants to jump off and rang the phone show :eek: the guards are there now trying to get him down. Fcuk!!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,965 ✭✭✭SarahBeep!

Ah_Yeah wrote: »
    Jealous! 16 days for mise! Doing ok for money so far though :)

21 :( hoping and praying that my grant comes in before then!!

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 17,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭Das Kitty

Someone posted on FB to turn on fm104. Some guy is standing on a bridge and wants to jump off and rang the phone show :eek: the guards are there now trying to get him down. Fcuk!!!!

Jesus ****ing Christ, and they're broadcasting it live rather than putting on a recorded thing and talking to him off air?

Das Kitty wrote: »

Jesus ****ing Christ, and they're broadcasting it live rather than putting on a recorded thing and talking to him off air?
    Yup they're saying they're staying on air to share the texts to him if he's still listening. It's the second time he's done this on the show. He's on a bridge over a motorway :(

• Registered Users Posts: 9,286 ✭✭✭WesternNight

FM 104 is going to be in serious, serious shít.

some people are saying its a publicity stunt but how ****ed up in the head would you have to be to think of a stunt like that!

I really hope the guy is ok though :(

FM 104 is going to be in serious, serious shít.
    I hope so. I've turned it off.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,401 ✭✭✭✭x Purple Pawprints x

Das Kitty wrote: »

Yep. They're broadcasting it. They're "Listen Live" function isn't working. Although I'm not sure if I want to.

Haven't heard it myself, but broadcasting a call like that, regardless of whether it turns out to be genuine or not, is so far beyond inappropriate.

• Registered Users Posts: 31,832 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

Wasn't he threatening to jump if they cut him off?
    If they cut to something different then he'd have known coz he was listening to the show.

Puts the presenters between a rock and a hard place.

Mars Bar wrote: »
    If they cut to something different then he'd have known coz he was listening to the show.

I didn't actually hear the call only the presenter explaining what was going on. Very sad.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,850 ✭✭✭FouxDaFaFa

I think their reasoning for keeping him on air was that he said he felt like no-one was listening to him and that he'd jump if they cut him off.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭hollypink

That fm104 thing is disturbing :(

I went back to circuit training class this evening (admittedly a little reluctantly). I've done very little strength training since November so I'm sure I'll be a bit achy tomorrow, but in a good way!

I've typed about 10 different responses to this, but none of them are any use. I just don't know.

I've typed about 10 different responses to this, but none of them are any use. I just don't know.

I dunno what to think of it either. Apparently it's the second time he's done it.

Is it a real cry for help?

• Registered Users Posts: 40,401 ✭✭✭✭x Purple Pawprints x

The poor guy :(

Is it a real cry for help?

No idea. Haven't listened to the call and don't know him so impossible to say. I'd caution against speculation though.

The poor presenter as well. Hardly what he expected tonight.

No idea. Haven't listened to the call and don't know him so impossible to say. I'd caution against speculation though.

The poor presenter as well. Hardly what he expected tonight.

I wasn't listening either but one of my friends was and was telling me about it in almost real time.

Ill hear all about it in work tomorrow. Dont feel like putting myself through that now :(

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,687 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

Just back from my hospital appointment :eek:

• Advertisement

Just to lighten the thread! And if you dont like hedgehogs you are made of stone!!

tumblr_m1i0qxLgRA1rsqv9ko1_400.jpg

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement