Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Loungers who lunch even more!! **MOD WARNING OPENING POST**

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,772 ✭✭✭Ella

Ah_Yeah wrote: »

I've been so busy at work I havent thought about it. Im more tired from lack of food than anything.
    Tbh my tummy is no better, Im hoping it will be tomorrow, if not Ill go to the doctor.
    You need a few pints if bulmers pear to clear you out :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,390 ✭✭✭Stench Blossoms

Not enough people booked in! I shoulda booked in :(

I'm on a carb detox for 24 hours to see if my tummy settles down. Had porridge for breakfast, just yoghurt for lunch.
    Yoghurt and an apple again for dinner. Not the hugest sustenance I know, but I need to see if my stomach is less upset!

And No Ella, no tests have been done yet ;)

Those are all carbs :confused:

I got my blood done this morning. I'm 26 and I still feel like crying every time I have to get it done. Arm is so sore atm.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,331 ✭✭✭Ilyana 2.0

I've been so busy at work I havent thought about it. Im more tired from lack of food than anything.
    Tbh my tummy is no better, Im hoping it will be tomorrow, if not Ill go to the doctor.

Look after yourself though, try reintroducing foods slowly so you're not running on empty. It might be worth seeing the doctor, even just to rule some things out.

As for pear cider...never again :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,020 ✭✭✭Ah_Yeah

Those are all carbs :confused:

Well heavy carbs then Queen Nutrition :p

I'm in bits when I eat bread, rice, pasta, potatoes, etc.
    My mum gets the same thing as me, she told me try that for 24 hours.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,245 ✭✭✭psycho-hope

Ilyana 2.0 wrote: »
    Hello all! Well the doctor says there's nothing to worry about, but I'm being sent for an ultrasound to be on the safe side. I'm taking evening primrose oil to help things; I bought it in Holland & Barrett with some vitamin B12, which absolutely stinks. I'm refusing to take it :(

boots do their own brand vitamins that has evening primrose oil and vitamin b12 in it, dosent smell too bad either

• Advertisement

Well heavy carbs then Queen Nutrition :p

I'm in bits when I eat bread, rice, pasta, potatoes, etc.
    My mum gets the same thing as me, she told me try that for 24 hours.

Haha I like that name :D

Yeh I don't eat any of those. It sounds hard but you could remove them from your diet without much trouble if they really bother you.

Hope you feel better anyway x

Haha I like that name :D

Yeh I don't eat any of those. It sounds hard but you could remove them from your diet without much trouble if they really bother you.

Hope you feel better anyway x

You could be like a superhero!

It sounds really hard! I tried to give them up before and it was impossible.
    My gran is coeliac too which makes me concerned that might be it!

You could be like a superhero!

It sounds really hard! I tried to give them up before and it was impossible.
    My gran is coeliac too which makes me concerned that might be it!

You can PM if you want and I'll point you in the right direction or head over to the nutrition forum.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,772 ✭✭✭✭Whispered

Yeah I've heard of those alright, apparently the 'slebs get them. I only picked up the B12 as it was on sale, it's not vital or anything.

I get them, I've got Pernicious anemia apparently. Where my body won't absorb VitB12 so it needs to me shoved into my arm. The difference in how I felt after the first course was amazing.

Whispered wrote: »
    I get them, I've got Pernicious anemia apparently. Where my body won't absorb VitB12 so it needs to me shoved into my arm. The difference in how I felt after the first course was amazing.

Don't you need vitamin B12 in order to absorb iron? Or something like that? Pernicious anaemia sounds rough, poor you!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,772 ✭✭✭✭Whispered

Don't you need vitamin B12 in order to absorb iron? Or something like that? Pernicious anaemia sounds rough, poor you!

It's actually fine once you know you have it because treatment is just a few injections a year. I'm vegetarian so I've always taken vitB supplements so I never thought to have my levels checked. I went into the doc one day to ask about sleeping tablets and ended up passing out in the office. I woke up sobbing that she HAS to help me, I'm was so tired, couldn't sleep, always upset, terribly anxious etc.

A week later my blood tests came back, I got my first injection and I had the best night sleep I ever had. I felt like there had been a net curtain over my face and it had been lifted. Seriously ladies, if you're feeling like crap but can't find the cause, ask about having your levels of Vit B checked. It changed my life and is so simple.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,687 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

Why did I think it was a good idea to book a scan for 9:30 in the evening? :confused::confused:

Glad to hear your news Illyana :)

• Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 26,928 Mod ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

I need to get out for a run, but I just got my hair cut and I don't want to wreck it...

/firstworldproblems

I need to get out for a run, but I just got my hair cut and I don't want to wreck it...

/firstworldproblems

When I used to swim regularly, I'd skip it a few times if I'd just dyed my hair :pac:

• Registered Users, Moderators, Education Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 15,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭rebel girl 15

Feel some way human now again - took a load of tablets and went to sleep for two hours, which helped. Now if someone could kick me off the couch and out for my run, that would be well appreciated!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,813 ✭✭✭PhysiologyRocks

Feel some way human now again - took a load of tablets and went to sleep for two hours, which helped. Now if someone could kick me off the couch and out for my run, that would be well appreciated!!
    <does one better and chases Rebel off the couch>

<collapses in an out-of-breath heap>

<only in a non-perverted way>

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,080 ✭✭✭McChubbin

Hey, everyone! I'm pregnant!!!

....With a food baby! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,813 ✭✭✭PhysiologyRocks

McChubbin wrote: »
    Hey, everyone! I'm pregnant!!!

....With a food baby! :pac:

Congratulations.

I've always liked the name "Poonam."

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,687 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

Congratulations.

I was going to suggest Bertie?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,080 ✭✭✭McChubbin

Congratulations.

I shall call him Chicken McAngus. He is the result of too much steak and pasta in one day.

• Advertisement

He practically made us run for an hour. If anyone sees a couple of lungs lying around can you return to their correct owner please.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 17,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭Das Kitty

There are quizzers in my kitchen. I'm not quizzing tonight though. Wrecked and I want to write.

• Registered Users, Moderators, Education Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 15,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭rebel girl 15

<does one better and chases Rebel off the couch>

<collapses in an out-of-breath heap>

<only in a non-perverted way>

Wasn't going to - but going to now, and do it very slowly, legs have no energy!!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,818 ✭✭✭Lyaiera

Das Kitty wrote: »
    There are quizzers in my kitchen. I'm not quizzing tonight though. Wrecked and I want to write.

Now I want to write.

This could be because I'm highly suggestible when I've had a few drinks. But damnit I'm a smart person! It'd be just a lot easier if I had other people to write with. I tried to get my friends to do a collaborative fiction thing a year or two ago and they were all enthusiastic, until it came to the writing part. Which left me unenthused.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,286 ✭✭✭WesternNight

Just spotted an M.Sc. in Wealth Management. The fee is €17,500 per year.

At least they have a sense of humour I suppose.

:pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,676 ✭✭✭✭herisson

Im quite content right now. Things have been patched up, ive been listening to happy music thats kinda sad if that makes sense and i wore an entire outfit that wasnt a skirt or black of any kind and was told i looked different.

Funderland this sunday anyone? :D

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 17,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭Das Kitty

Lyaiera wrote: »
    Now I want to write.

This could be because I'm highly suggestible when I've had a few drinks. But damnit I'm a smart person! It'd be just a lot easier if I had other people to write with. I tried to get my friends to do a collaborative fiction thing a year or two ago and they were all enthusiastic, until it came to the writing part. Which left me unenthused.

I could give you a theme and a target if you want? :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,818 ✭✭✭Lyaiera

Das Kitty wrote: »
    I could give you a theme and a target if you want? :pac:

I know what I want to write. I just need to sit down and do it. I get notions of doing things all the time.

• Advertisement

Funderland this sunday anyone? :D
    I've bungee jumped. Jumped out of a plane. But you won't catch me near a magic carpet ride or even the waltzers these days :p

#ima****ingpussynow

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement