Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NBA 2k13

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 6,331 Mod ✭✭✭✭PerrinV2

I use Lakers, I am awful, lost 5/5. Should be on after 5 today for a game.
    I'm in no great shapes either,only won my 2nd cpu cause I got 2 free throws in the 3 seconds on the game....and still missed my first one,2nd one sneaked in even though it was rated c- :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31 Betty Swallocks 83

Online now for a while if you are available to play?

Online now for a while if you are available to play?
    Ya I am.I was just finishing a quick game online there when you sent the invite

I cant play with this lag, feels like im trippin.

I cant play with this lag, feels like im trippin.
    Was is that bad? It was fine my side(bar maybe 2 slow moments in the 2nd quarter),you shud have paused and either messaged/said something over the mic.

• Advertisement

PerrinV2 wrote: »
    Was is that bad? It was fine my side(bar maybe 2 slow moments in the 2nd quarter),you shud have paused and either messaged/said something over the mic.

Oh I didn't realise it was only my side haha. I just guessed it would have been the same for you. Went haywire in the second half for me.

Oh I didn't realise it was only my side haha. I just guessed it would have been the same for you. Went haywire in the second half for me.
    My internet connection is pretty crap to be honest maybe I dragged yours down or something.If I had known I would have quit out or something,I don't care if I win or lose.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭Mikeyt086

Buyer95, the trade was upheld, you lost Shumpert.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,505 ✭✭✭Carroller

I'm currently 6-0 down to play Mikey who's 3-0 my only available game!!

SOMEONE'S 0 HAS GOT TO GO

• Registered Users Posts: 10,737 ✭✭✭✭Pudsy33

Did my rubio trade go through?

• Advertisement

My league game versus the Suns/Loki was simmed and lucky enough the Bulls come away with a 3 point victory.
    Next up are spurs/Stackoo and Cavaliers/Pudsy,so I'm free most nights after 10 for those games
    Sorry Carroller I rejected your trade for Pierce,I just like playing with him and he's a great shooter also his rating went up after the last game.
    Actually what affects a players rating just winning games?
    A few of mine went up but Pierce being the only starter with a boost
    Pudsy33 wrote: »
    Did my rubio trade go through?
    He's still with Dallas as far as I can see,don't see your offer in the trades section either so maybe it was rejected?

Sorry Carroller I rejected your trade for Pierce,I just like playing with him and he's a great shooter also his rating went up after the last game.
    ?
    Ha was just chancing my arm ;) I'm in another trade anyway with Garnett even though I'm still not sure what type of player I need/want!

On a side note anyone want a friendly game? I've no association games to play

He's still with Dallas as far as I can see,don't see your offer in the trades section either so maybe it was rejected?

Cheers Perrin, I'll have another shot at getting him later so

Carroller wrote: »
    Ha was just chancing my arm ;) I'm in another trade anyway with Garnett even though I'm still not sure what type of player I need/want!

On a side note anyone want a friendly game? I've no association games to play
    Ha I'd probably do the same.
    I could probably play a game tomorrow after half 9 if thats any good to ya

6-1 :( got smashed by Mikey!! Couldn't keep up with all the 3 pointers and when I tried to change the settings to double team durant it wouldn't let me was doing my head in!

Now in no game for like 50 game days :(

6-1 :( got smashed by Mikey!! Couldn't keep up with all the 3 pointers and when I tried to change the settings to double team durant it wouldn't let me was doing my head in!

Now in no game for like 50 game days :(

Yeah, I didn't know what the hell you were doing in defensive settings :pac:

Word of advice, take it easy on the steal attempts. Especially when I'm just still with the ball, the % of success there is so low, at one stage you fouled me directly after the inbound 4 times in a row, you're putting your players in fould trouble and delaying the game.

If you were in the party chat during the draft, the lads will tell ye, it's gonna be raining 3's in Boston. Didn't set out to pick my team that way but I have a ridic amount of weapons from range.

From the inbound I was trying to intercept the ball but he ended up throwing a hand in way too late! For as good a 3 pointer ray Allen is he's unreliable a lot of the time

I can only play 3 games, and there are no CPU games available at the moment. Is that right? Bulls,magic and spurs, let me know when youre around

• Registered Users Posts: 19,083 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

I can only play 3 games, and there are no CPU games available at the moment. Is that right? Bulls,magic and spurs, let me know when youre around

Can play now if you're around or tomorrow night?

Liam O wrote: »
    Can play now if you're around or tomorrow night?

Later on tomorrow night works. What time?

• Advertisement

Most nights after 10 would suit me Pudsy.
    Bulls

• Registered Users Posts: 539 ✭✭✭shreddedloops

Can anyone explain to me how the games/time passing system works in Online Association? My understanding at first was that you got a choice of 3 available games to play before the time runs and whatever games you havent played are simmed. However I seem to be able to go to my schedule and play any game.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,083 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

devastating loss to the trail blazers there, was winning the entire game and ran it out of bounds with the score tied with 9.4 seconds left and gave away free throws with 0.4 seconds to go. They have a serious team, makes me wonder what I was doing during the draft...

Can anyone explain to me how the games/time passing system works in Online Association? My understanding at first was that you got a choice of 3 available games to play before the time runs and whatever games you havent played are simmed. However I seem to be able to go to my schedule and play any game.

The clock is the amount of time it takes for one game day to elapse! On the home screen the left side has a date which is the current date and where you see your available matches have their own date. So if the current date is the 6th and your next game has to be played by the 12th you have 6 game days to play it which is roughly about a day depending on how fast the clock speed is set!

Basically you can play any game within the month you are in, the 3 games at the home screen are just your next 3 fixtures by date, which are most in danger of being simmed as if the league date passes the fixture date it gets simmed. You can go ahead and play games further down your schedule if you wish.

Just keep an eye on your next game's date, and remember that the league will be advancing a day every 4 hours. We should be into December by Friday, where I will pause the league till Sunday to give everyone a head start on the month.

Ok, I'll post here tonight if I'm on Perrin and Liam. Looking forward to playing a human game. Even though I hate my team :P

• Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭Aeghnor

Ok, I'll post here tonight if I'm on Perrin and Liam. Looking forward to playing a human game. Even though I hate my team :P

You still have me to play. I hope we can schedule a game soon.

Post up here when you're around mate and We'll see what we can do

• Registered Users Posts: 292 ✭✭raze

From the inbound I was trying to intercept the ball but he ended up throwing a hand in way too late! For as good a 3 pointer ray Allen is he's unreliable a lot of the time

Does that ever work for you? Steal attempts on inbounds freeze your feet, giving the receiver the lane - or worse, if you press late they'll make you jump wildly out of position. If they don't move you almost definitely foul because they've got two hands on the ball.

Worthwhile to experiment with switching control to the man on the imbounder, not the man on the receiver. Typically this will give you someone at 3, 4 or 5 positrons. Their hands won't be good enough to steal, but use the right stick to play hands-up defence and you have a fair to middling chance to bother the pass. You know where it's coming from, you just need to nudge your player around a small area (less is more on the movement, you can't rely on bigger players to reposition themselves quickly, you'll risk a roll and a dunk if you overplay it).

If you've got your hands up and the ball hits it you're almost guaranteed a steal with zero foul risk, even if a big can't catch it your guards will react quick enough to get out on the fast break.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭Aeghnor

Pudsy33 we can play in 10 minutes if you are online.

Advertisement