Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NBA 2k13

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,505 ✭✭✭Carroller

Feckin women

• Registered Users Posts: 19,081 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

I'd say we'll only be a couple of rounds in at that point, you'll be able to shape your role players around the lads the CPU gives you.

28? Loada gip.

Already most hated man in the league B)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31 Betty Swallocks 83

I got no idea whats going on, just seems to be automatically selecting my players.

• Advertisement

look down in the bottom right, if auto draft is on press Y.

Made a mistake on my 2nd pick, should have taken Ginobli. Panicked with no time remaining.

damn you Mikey, I wanted to bring Nash home, that was why I looked around for my 2nd pick, thought he might make it around.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31 Betty Swallocks 83

That's quite annoying. Kind of lost interest already now, I was more looking forward to picking my team than anything else.

• Registered Users Posts: 29 MrQuack

Anyone else frozen? I've been stuck for about five minutes waiting to pick. What round are we in now haha?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,056 ✭✭✭darced

This post has been deleted.

I imagine everyone is on auto draft now :)

• Advertisement

Carroller wrote: »
    I imagine everyone is on auto draft now :)

not at all, just picked up Thabo Sefolosha in the 10th round, very happy.

disconnected for my last 2 picks though, missed out on who I wanted. Went over budget too, damn expensive Turkoglu.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭Mikeyt086

Liam O wrote: »
    look down in the bottom right, if auto draft is on press Y.

Made a mistake on my 2nd pick, should have taken Ginobli. Panicked with no time remaining.
    damn you Mikey, I wanted to bring Nash home, that was why I looked around for my 2nd pick, thought he might make it around.
    That was an accident!

I was deciding between Mike Conley and Steve Nash, had both in my short list, accidentally hit Y for auto draft, and my picks were gone before I knew what was happening!

Trying to trade Conley away for a PF now. Although I got the 2nd pick and took KD, cant complain too much.

Just on trades lads, CPU trading is allowed, but dont be silly. If I see trade-raping I'll shut it down, as soon as a trade is accepted everyone in the league has a day to veto it if they think it isnt fair, you can do this from your home screen.

Also, regarding league speed. It will be on normal, which moves pretty quickly from Monday-Friday, Friday night I will pause the league so people have the weekend to play any matches which are close to being simmed. You can play up to a month in advance, so get playing! I suggest arranging games with human opponents either on here, by PM, or using the "Arrage Date" option on the game itself.

Good luck. There are some QUALITY CPU teams left if anyone wants to join late.

I was getting beat in a close game in the 4th quarter by the Hawks when I disconnected, didn't go back on to check but they had a very good team with Deron Williams, Derrick Favors, Tyson Chandler and a few others. Shame because I was enjoying the game and I didn't think the computer would have given me so much of a challenge. Was probably that their frontcourt was so good and when Williams was gone they had Collison who could penetrate at will too. I think the game overall allows too many offensive rebounds. Dirk and Bogut were getting beat a fair few times for no reason.

Messed up. Beaten badly in my first game by the Nuggets. Disconnecting during the draft has affected my team badly, literally none of my players can make a basket! Denver on CPU are a very good side, Kobe and Kris Humphries (who I overlooked in the draft) destroyed me.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 6,331 Mod ✭✭✭✭PerrinV2

Mikeyt086 wrote: »
    T

Just on trades lads, CPU trading is allowed, but dont be silly. If I see trade-raping I'll shut it down, as soon as a trade is accepted everyone in the league has a day to veto it if they think it isnt fair, you can do this from your home screen.
    1639349.jpg

Just bet the hawks there think it was 55-50! They just double teamed Allen the whole game! Playing my first user game now so let's see how I do :)

I was getting beat in a close game in the 4th quarter by the Hawks when I disconnected, didn't go back on to check but they had a very good team with Deron Williams, Derrick Favors, Tyson Chandler and a few others. Shame because I was enjoying the game and I didn't think the computer would have given me so much of a challenge. Was probably that their frontcourt was so good and when Williams was gone they had Collison who could penetrate at will too. I think the game overall allows too many offensive rebounds. Dirk and Bogut were getting beat a fair few times for no reason.

I'll reset it for you so you can go again if you like. Lads if you disconnect in a close game against the CPU let me know and I can reset it, but dont be acting the bollox, I could see Liam's game was tight from the screen. If you quit or DC it gives the CPU the win, so be honest and let me know and I can reset the game.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,343 ✭✭✭buyer95

I made a trade request, shumpert for kawhi Leonard, but decided I want to keep shump , but couldn't find the option to cancel trade request.. So Mikey could you block the trade if its accepted by the other team? Sound. Happy enough with how I drafted. Westbrook has got what we know he always wanted, to be the franchise player! I had planned to take a PG first and then a good big, unless something drastic happened like lucking out and getting a top 3 pick. Some people have all the luck(MikeyT) karma's a bitch though, lol, unlucky with the 2 starting PG! Did the Milsap for Conley deal go through? I took Noah as my big, which means I've got a serious defensive team, with Westbrook and Shump on the perimeter, watch out! I'm 3-0 so far, with two of those games coming down to the last possession. Draft steal of the night for me was Korver, I was down big in my 2nd game against the clippers and he came off the bench to drop 17, including 5 3's. the next game was touch and go too until Korver stepped onto the court, and went 4 for 4 from behind the arc. He was drafted by me in the 11th round! Good luck to everyone, thisshould be fun

buyer95 wrote: »
    I made a trade request, shumpert for kawhi Leonard, but decided I want to keep shump , but couldn't find the option to cancel trade request.. So Mikey could you block the trade if its accepted by the other team? Sound. Happy enough with how I drafted. Westbrook has got what we know he always wanted, to be the franchise player! I had planned to take a PG first and then a good big, unless something drastic happened like lucking out and getting a top 3 pick. Some people have all the luck(MikeyT) karma's a bitch though, lol, unlucky with the 2 starting PG! Did the Milsap for Conley deal go through? I took Noah as my big, which means I've got a serious defensive team, with Westbrook and Shump on the perimeter, watch out! I'm 3-0 so far, with two of those games coming down to the last possession. Draft steal of the night for me was Korver, I was down big in my 2nd game against the clippers and he came off the bench to drop 17, including 5 3's. the next game was touch and go too until Korver stepped onto the court, and went 4 for 4 from behind the arc. He was drafted by me in the 11th round! Good luck to everyone, thisshould be fun

I've offered Conley with Villanueva for Zach Randolph and a crap lad in a deal that I'm waiting to hear on, I'll try and stop your trade if I can but it seems I've got very little influence on whether they go through or not.

My team is actually unreal, just a little unbalanced without a big at PF. I'm playing Durant there now and my first 2 CPU games were piss easy, I've got so many scorers that it gets to the point where I think "Who hasn't scored in a while? I'll give him a few." Durant, Crawford, Nash, Conley, Miller, Hamilton and Ryan Anderson can all drain the 3, McGee can score down low. Really enjoying it so far.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,343 ✭✭✭buyer95

Just played the craziest game I have ever played. Word to the wise the mavs can play. I got down big in this one, 12 in the third, but made a comeback in the fourth. With 10 seconds to go I was down 2 and they had the ball, I fouled John wall straight away, wall split the Ft, which gave me a lifeline. Jason Terry had basically dragged me back into the game, so I ran the play to get him the 3 in the corner. The shot was contested, but with no time to work with I had to put it up. The shot rolled around the ring, and after an eternity dropped! We were going to OT, and I was doing cartwheels around my bedroom. OT was a tense affair but with the momentum with me, from the most improbable comeback I was up 2 and it was the final possession, and the mavs had the ball. The ball went inside to Brook Lopez, he shaked and baked and with 1.6 on the clock dropped a beautiful shot. I had no time outs left m, so I couldn't advance the ball to get a shot, double OT looked a certainty. I inbounded the ball under my own basket to Shumpert, who for 1 second sprinted, got to just before the half way line, I then hoisted up a Hail Mary from there, Shump who was 1-6 from 3, swished the shot, the craziest shot ever. I try this shot in 100s of games at the end of quarters when I have the ball, and can only remember making it one other time, when I was up like 20 at the time anyway. Best 2k match I've ever played for sheer excitement. I didn't deserve to be in the game in the 4th, let alone win it like I did. To think I ever wanted to trade Shump! This is why I play video games, buzzing!!

• Advertisement

I'm in need of more scorers and inside presence when Bogut isn't there, I thought I'd have penetration with Ellis and DeMar but I messed up my rotation a bit experimenting with Turkoglu and Nelson. Too many shooters, not enough speed merchants. I didn't need an extra SF with Ilyasova there but went for value with Budinger. Amir Johnson makes a good difference off the bench but I might look into getting someone like Shannon Brown for some of my mid rangers.

I've been disconnecting a lot the last couple of days, my internet went haywire a bit so it might be a regular occurrence, it normally sorts itself out after a while (I know how stupid that sounds but it does)

I'm in need of more scorers and inside presence when Bogut isn't there, I thought I'd have penetration with Ellis and DeMar but I messed up my rotation a bit experimenting with Turkoglu and Nelson. Too many shooters, not enough speed merchants. I didn't need an extra SF with Ilyasova there but went for value with Budinger. Amir Johnson makes a good difference off the bench but I might look into getting someone like Shannon Brown for some of my mid rangers.

I've been disconnecting a lot the last couple of days, my internet went haywire a bit so it might be a regular occurrence, it normally sorts itself out after a while (I know how stupid that sounds but it does)

I'm exactly the same. Luckily I got Carmelo as my first pick because I didn't get back into the draft until the 6th round and most of my players are terrible at shooting. My team is all over the place and shooters is what I'm crying out for :o

I noticed there in the trade finder that it was offering me trades from people who are user controlled. I was hypothetically seeing what I could pick up for Dirk and it offered me Kevin Love who is on a user controlled team as far as I could see. Also offered me D. Wade in the most tempting move of the day.

• Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭Aeghnor

All this talk made me join...

GT: Aeghnor

Team: Brooklyn Nets

I noticed there in the trade finder that it was offering me trades from people who are user controlled. I was hypothetically seeing what I could pick up for Dirk and it offered me Kevin Love who is on a user controlled team as far as I could see. Also offered me D. Wade in the most tempting move of the day.
    No I don't think that will be happening :pac:
    I drafted a team,know about 3 players,no idea what I doing,think I'm playing the suns.Loki I think the GT was so when suits you?

PerrinV2 wrote: »
    No I don't think that will be happening :pac:
    I drafted a team,know about 3 players,no idea what I doing,think I'm playing the suns.Loki I think the GT was so when suits you?

If you're available at about 5 or 6 i can play?

Also Mikey, that first game never got reset as far as I can see...not that big a deal as it's only one game though.

Also Mikey, that first game never got reset as far as I can see...not that big a deal as it's only one game though.

I actually don't have the option to reset that one, it's greyed out for some reason. Sorry about that.

Welcome Aeghnor, anyone else who feels tempter, there are some very stong CPU sides left.

Also buyer95, I have veto'd that Shumpert trade for you, but that just means it's been sent to Arbitration where somehow the game decides if it's fair or not. It might still go through.

Not today,after 10 most nights I'll be free...but not tonight

• Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭Aeghnor

Had a pretty close game against Penguins Haooo. Lost 80-75 and noticed that my team needs a buckets load of work to be at desired level. :P Overall not bad for a first game.

Edit: For some reason i have no games available

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,977 ✭✭✭Soby

I hate you all for having a Xbox :(

Advertisement