Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NBA 2k13

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 29,530 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Very hard to build a player just using SP. Playing logged into 2k servers, you earn vc instead. You earn vc playing any other modes and 2 mobile apps. I was getting about 200 vc a day just from the apps and then more from blacktop. Built up a good player but if you play one game not signed into psn , aka offline, 2k deletes your vc profile and you can never earn vc again unless you start a new career. This happened me and since it was so hard to build skills using sp, and lebrob being a glory bastard, I just gave up playing. 2k have a brilliant formula but always seem ti fu*k up my fun every year.

Anyone looking fir it, hmv are selling it for 35 euro new.

• Registered Users Posts: 394 ✭✭clonadlad

So they're just making it pointless to play offline then? Thanks for that 2K. I'm banned so that's a bit of a problem.

Still really enjoying the career though. Now starting on the first team and getting around 20 points a game with a few assists thrown in. But it's hard enough to level up when I need about 200 SP's for a 3 point attribute and I'm only getting about 90 a game. I'll probably get bored of it after a while if I'm still doing the same thing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31 Betty Swallocks 83

Anyone know if you can start over in career mode and get 1500 vc again?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭Mikeyt086

Anyone know if you can start over in career mode and get 1500 vc again?

Don't think so man. VC is stored on your 2K account so think it's the same on all modes.

If you're struggling for VC, and you have an iPhone/iPod Touch, then download the NBA 2K game, you can play mini-games for VC, the autograph signing game takes about 15 seconds and gives you 50 VC, but there is a limit of 1000 VC a day, so I just go on every day I can remember and spend about 10 mins to get myself an extra 1000 VC.

Mikeyt086 wrote: »
    Don't think so man. VC is stored on your 2K account so think it's the same on all modes.

If you're struggling for VC, and you have an iPhone/iPod Touch, then download the NBA 2K game, you can play mini-games for VC, the autograph signing game takes about 15 seconds and gives you 50 VC, but there is a limit of 1000 VC a day, so I just go on every day I can remember and spend about 10 mins to get myself an extra 1000 VC.

Yea I didn't think so, I hadnt played any of the other games before and went straight into career mode and used vc buying stupid things. I bought the dimer but still not quite sure what it actually does, my passing doesn't seem to have improved. Ill check out the phone app anyway , cheers.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,010 ✭✭✭saiint

i mainly play online games
    you get about 275 vc on average if you win 285
    nice amount for only putting 20-25minutes into a game

does anyone else relise
    every person i play online their always american and always black (not been a racist or a sterotype) but they keep calling me the n word and saying their gonna **** me up
    which they do to be honest :L
    im 15-43 :P although sometimes when im winning by like 10+pts in a game , the sever ends up saying connections are to bad to play the game
    and i get a loss even though i was winning
    thats very annoying

my player is pretty bad
    trying to get up his stamina and medium distance shots
    and dunking since i have him as a PF
    only getting about 6-8pts on average per game with him and maybe 3 assists and 2 rebounds

• Registered Users Posts: 5,977 ✭✭✭Soby

How the hell do you score in my player mode. I got his mid range shooting up to 92 and he is still awful, I can score using players playing normal games who have lower ratings than 92. Doin my head in at this stage.

go into settings and their is a option to get a more detail stats of your shot and it gives you a rating each time you shoot , and says if you released too early /too late etc...

Soby wrote: »
    go into settings and their is a option to get a more detail stats of your shot and it gives you a rating each time you shoot , and says if you released too early /too late etc...

Was gonna say I did that, even sometimes gives me an A or B and it still doesn;t go in. Then sometimes I get a C for when it goes in.

• Advertisement

Was gonna say I did that, even sometimes gives me an A or B and it still doesn;t go in. Then sometimes I get a C for when it goes in.

its not just that though
    theirs a few stats youd have to get up

like shoot while dribbling
    shoot while in traffic
    shoot while handling the ball

if you get them up to same score
    youd score most of the time

i found that out the hard way.... got my 3pt whore player up to max and bam he couldnt hit **** cause his other stats were to low:pac:

Also, the jump shot and shot release you chose could be not the best suit for you.

Personally since I switched to Ray Allen's jumper I've been dropping 30-40 points a game from PG. You can buy it in the signature animations place in the menu, or something similar, then equip it to your pro.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,505 ✭✭✭Carroller

Anyone looking for a few online games on Xbox feel free to add me penguins haooo

We should do the association league again like in 2k12

• Registered Users Posts: 3,343 ✭✭✭buyer95

Carroller wrote: »
    Anyone looking for a few online games on Xbox feel free to add me penguins haooo

I would, but im busy atm, summer last year was a great time for me. Ill give you a few exhibition games though!

All 6 of us you mean? :pac:

I pretty much exclusively play My Player, but wouldn't mind the craic of the fantasy draft in the Summer or something.

I'm a newbie, what does this mean??

I'm a newbie, what does this mean??

think of fifa13
    its an online league

saiint wrote: »
    think of fifa13
    its an online league

ah right, on xbox or ps3?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,505 ✭✭✭Carroller

We had one on Xbox last year.. I think there was 8 user teams and the rest were CPU.. Everyone plate each other after a fantasy draft. Was good craic all the same!

Not enough people play this game considering how good it is

• Registered Users Posts: 5,320 ✭✭✭v3ttel

I only play MyPlayer...... I tried a normal exhibition game the other day and I got absolutely hammered (offline). Everything feels different.

I'd be up for playing in some sort of league, although, I'd be last without a doubt. It'd be a bit of craic.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 11,082 Mod ✭✭✭✭Say Your Number

I'm playing MyPlayer, I've played 6 seasons and my player's rating is 96, but recently if a game is close in the 4th Quarter my player misses absolutely every shot, it's pretty strange and f*cking infuriating.

I'm playing MyPlayer, I've played 6 seasons and my player's rating is 96, but recently if a game is close in the 4th Quarter my player misses absolutely every shot, it's pretty strange and f*cking infuriating.

yea, i dont play too often but im at the end of the 1st season, my player has good ratings, scores about 20 pts a game, about 18 of them in the 1st half. So annoying, he just dies in the second half. stamina is 99 too.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,320 ✭✭✭v3ttel

Finally completed my first season of MyPlayer. 82 games + playoffs is a bloody marathon. Playing as an athletic PG with the Denver Nuggets, finished second in the West behind the Thunder.

The Nuggets drafted Carmelo & Raymond Felton about half way through, and pulled it back from being 5th-6th, to 2nd.

In the playoffs, I got to the divisional final against the Thunder, they'd beaten me in all of the regular season games and went 3-0 up in the series. No idea how, but I managed to win the series 4-3 by winning four straight against them.

In the NBA finals against Miami, went 2-0 down in the series, losing both home games. I came back to it last night after 3 months (got NFS, Far Cry 3, over Christmas!). Won 3 games on the road in Miami, and a home game, to win the series 4-2. Actually, I was 3 points up in another game when it hung at half time as I tried to skip the half time report.

I thought they'd kill me having not played it for so long. I ended up scoring between 25 & 43 points in each of the four games. The cutscene where you get handed over the trophy is a nice touch.

F*cking brilliant game.

If anyone has it on PS3 and would be up for a few regular games add me :)

Carefree_Ste :D

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 6,331 Mod ✭✭✭✭PerrinV2

Got the game during the week,first playing 2k since 08 I think,alot has changed.
    Anyway if an association does start up I join up for the laugh.
    Right now just playing my career,quite addictive

• Registered Users Posts: 14,380 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

Soby wrote: »
    If anyone has it on PS3 and would be up for a few regular games add me :)

Carefree_Ste :D

I'll play you. I'm awful though!

• Registered Users Posts: 539 ✭✭✭shreddedloops

Just picked this up yesterday after getting fed up with 2k11.

Only just played my first online game and it was horrible. I thought I'd be destroyed because of my skill but it was the lag that did it.

There was a slight lag throughout the whole game which meant it was near impossible to defend.

Worst of all it seemed to only affect me as the other player was sinking 3s at will whilst I couldnt time any shots due to lag.

Is this common?

• Registered Users Posts: 292 ✭✭raze

Worst of all it seemed to only affect me as the other player was sinking 3s at will whilst I couldnt time any shots due to lag.

Is this common?

Short answer, yes. The other guy was just more used to playing online.

Personally I've been playing since 2k11 and each year online gets worse. You can't choose who you'll be matched against because they dumped lobbies. The matchmaking doesn't prioritise location, ping, or experience. It's a mess.

I love the game, and I think it's getting better offline but I don't even think about playing strangers, and there's a long list why not. Nearly every game is against either Thunder or Heat, the AI skill is set to a low level so help defence is non existent, the game lets people troll by pausing and playing back replays, alley oops don't require enough effort on offensive positioning compared to trying to stop the pass receiver, the default settings online adjust the defensive assistance slider reducing the responsiveness of your player, steal spamming isn't discouraged enough, the perk system has some ups and downs but doesn't inform new players that there are shots they could never have stopped, stamina doesn't have enough bearing on shooting percentage in a game of five minute quarters.

None except the lag is a deal breaker, but all put together this game would be 5/5 offline, 2/5 online.

• Registered Users Posts: 539 ✭✭✭shreddedloops

Ah that's a shame.

I've had a couple of close games since despite the lag. Not giving up on it just yet.

If there's any leagues or such on PS3 add me: Shreddedloops

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 292 ✭✭raze

Ah that's a shame.

I've had a couple of close games since despite the lag. Not giving up on it just yet.

If there's any leagues or such on PS3 add me: Shreddedloops

There's fun to be had with it all right. But it's a lucky dip, and the game is way more popular in the States than in Europe so lag isn't guaranteed, just very likely every time you go online. I just noticed earlier that it's number 6 in the top ten for games played on Xbox Live at the start of March, so take my ardent opposition to 2k online for what it's worth, just one person's opinion.

Advertisement