Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NBA 2k13

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭Mikeyt086

I'm in a league with a load of guys in the UK and get almost no lag, makes for a very enjoyable game.

Would be up for setting up and Association on here, and I know a number of others are too. Shall we start taking names then? I'll take the Celtics.

If you want to play just copy the list and add your Xbox Live Gamertag and the team you would like, I'll set the league up tomorrow, we'll give it a week or so (let's aim for 10 at the start?) then do the fantasy draft?

1. Mikeyt086 - Celtics

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 6,331 Mod ✭✭✭✭PerrinV2

Mikeyt086 wrote: »
    I'm in a league with a load of guys in the UK and get almost no lag, makes for a very enjoyable game.

Would be up for setting up and Association on here, and I know a number of others are too. Shall we start taking names then? I'll take the Celtics.

If you want to play just copy the list and add your Xbox Live Gamertag and the team you would like, I'll set the league up tomorrow, we'll give it a week or so (let's aim for 10 at the start?) then do the fantasy draft?

1. Mikeyt086 - Celtics
    2. PerrinV2 - ah anyone
    Well I have no idea what I'm doin but I'll take any team

• Registered Users Posts: 10,732 ✭✭✭✭Pudsy33

1. Mikeyt086 - Celtics
    2. Pudsy33 - Cavaliers

• Registered Users Posts: 539 ✭✭✭shreddedloops

I'll take the Nets I suppose

1. Mikeyt086 - Celtics
    2. PerrinV2 - ah anyone
    3. Pudsy33 - Cavaliers
    4. Shreddedloops - Nets

• Registered Users Posts: 1,505 ✭✭✭Carroller

Ill take thunder :)

1. Mikeyt086 - Celtics
    2. PerrinV2 - ah anyone
    3. Pudsy33 - Cavaliers
    4. Shreddedloops - Nets
    5. Penguins Haooo - Thunder

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭sulc84

My friend play it,but games lag on max graphics settings ,on quad-core.. and good graphic card ?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,343 ✭✭✭buyer95

Ill take the Knicks

1. Mikeyt086 - Celtics
    2. PerrinV2 - ah anyone
    3. Pudsy33 - Cavaliers
    4. Shreddedloops - Nets
    5. Penguins Haooo - Thunder
    6. conoro127 - Knicks

Just realised this is an Xbox league. I'm out :(

1. Mikeyt086 - Celtics
    2. PerrinV2 - ah anyone
    3. Pudsy33 - Cavaliers
    4. Penguins Haooo - Thunder
    5. conoro127 - Knicks

• Registered Users Posts: 10,732 ✭✭✭✭Pudsy33

everyone is aware this is xbox, right?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,977 ✭✭✭Soby

Just realised this is an Xbox league. I'm out :(

Well im PS3 two and have 2 boardsies on skypes who have it who might be interested , anymore ps3 heads ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,208 ✭✭✭shamrock55

Just picked this up yesterday after getting fed up with 2k11.

Only just played my first online game and it was horrible. I thought I'd be destroyed because of my skill but it was the lag that did it.

There was a slight lag throughout the whole game which meant it was near impossible to defend.

Worst of all it seemed to only affect me as the other player was sinking 3s at will whilst I couldnt time any shots due to lag.

Is this common?

Where did you get the game and how much thinking of getting it myself

shamrock55 wrote: »

Where did you get the game and how much thinking of getting it myself

I got it in GameStop Swords but only because I needed to trade in games for it.

It's €50 there but is included in the offer where you trade in 2 selected games and get a new release for €10.

Amazon is probably best anyway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31 Betty Swallocks 83

1. Mikeyt086 - Celtics
    2. PerrinV2 - ah anyone
    3. Pudsy33 - Cavaliers
    5. conoro127 - Knicks
    6. hardasNIALLs83 - Lakers

1. Mikeyt086 - Celtics

Sorry ,but what is the Fantasy draft?

• Registered Users Posts: 292 ✭✭raze

The league starts with 30 teams, any teams with no human players are controlled by the computer.

None of the teams start with any players so they have to fill out a roster of 14, (5 starters, 9 bench) - and all the players in the league are ranked in order of ability, so Lebron first, Dwight Howard and so on.

The teams are put in random order and take turns to choose one player each round to build their teams.

If it's a serpentine draft then the order reverses each round - so the team who picks first won't pick again until 58 other players have been selected, but the team who picks 30th will get to pick again immediately after.

To do this everyone in the association has to agree a time to all be online at the simultaneously - the draft is sheduled for then. Each team gets to a short time (2 minutes or less I think) to make a pick or the computer will make a pick for you. It's fun, and pretty tense, especially when you're scrounging for the best of a bad bunch in the later rounds when all the good players are gone, or if another human player sneaks in and steals your pick before you.

If anyone can't be online when the draft is happening, they can set up a short list of players they most like before it, and the computer will try select those players in that order if they haven't already been picked.

raze wrote: »
    The league starts with 30 teams, any teams with no human players are controlled by the computer.

None of the teams start with any players so they have to fill out a roster of 14, (5 starters, 9 bench) - and all the players in the league are ranked in order of ability, so Lebron first, Dwight Howard and so on.

The teams are put in random order and take turns to choose one player each round to build their teams.

If it's a serpentine draft then the order reverses each round - so the team who picks first won't pick again until 58 other players have been selected, but the team who picks 30th will get to pick again immediately after.

To do this everyone in the association has to agree a time to all be online at the simultaneously - the draft is sheduled for then. Each team gets to a short time (2 minutes or less I think) to make a pick or the computer will make a pick for you. It's fun, and pretty tense, especially when you're scrounging for the best of a bad bunch in the later rounds when all the good players are gone, or if another human player sneaks in and steals your pick before you.

If anyone can't be online when the draft is happening, they can set up a short list of players they most like before it, and the computer will try select those players in that order if they haven't already been picked.

Sounds good. So it doesn't really matter what team we choose then. If anyone wants the Lakers I dont mind. Was actually getting bored of career mode and haven't played in a while.

• Registered Users Posts: 292 ✭✭raze

Sounds good. So it doesn't really matter what team we choose then. If anyone wants the Lakers I dont mind. Was actually getting bored of career mode and haven't played in a while.

Only real difference is the kits.

If you run plays, I think you start with the playbook for the team you have chosen, if not then everyone might start with the Spurs' playbook as it's the most well rounded.

In online association you can completely change the plays and which players they're assigned to, and use your own selection from any other team's playbooks.

It's pretty essential if you want to fully take advantage of the team you make. Most people wouldn't be bothered by it.

Ok guys, the Xbox league is set up.

League name: Boards NBA
    Leas password: boardsie

Go to Game Modes > The Association Online > Join, and search for the league on there. Join asap and pick your team.

The league rules are going to be mostly default. 29 games (any longer gets a bit much), Pro difficulty, League pace = Normal, Injuries OFF, Fantasy Draft will be serpentine (this means if you have #1 pick, you don't pick again until pick #60, if you are pick #30 you are also pick #31) and the playoffs will be Best of 3, Best of 3, Best of 3, Best of 5 for the finals. Quarter length will be 5 mins, sim length is 6 mins (to keep stats a bit more realistic).

So I've got the draft date set as Thursday April 4th at 8.30pm, that is to give everyone enough time to join the league etc. If that time doesn't work for the majority we can change it.

So join away lads, and tell anyone on your friends list who may be interested.

Regarding the in game sliders, they will be set to Sim. So this means if you consistently attempt to steal you will be called for fouls etc., common sense will prevail over everything lads, so if you have a headset or mic please use it as this game can get VERY frustrating if your playing and not having a chat with the opponent. Don't be a dick, try and mix your play up, so don't shoot the 3 in transition every time. One great rule from another league I am in is that one player can not have 50% or more of a team's field goal attempts. That means for whoever gets LeBron with the #1 pick, if you take 40 shots in a game, LeBron can take no more than 19. To keep it realistic/fun/fair.

I won't be chasing people to get their games done. Inevitably some people will get fed up like last year, if that's the case I believe as admin I can award sim victories and have games reset, so if you have a problem with a game just PM me and we can sort it out. But please try to organise and play your Human vs Human games, either on here or by PM. CPU games are up to you. Some people don't like playing the CPU, so if you want to leave those games go to sim then that's fine, but I'll be playing mine, as I'm sure most will.

Above all else lads have fun, it's not going to be a serious league by any means as I'm sure most of us are fairly new to the game, so don't get upset over it, it's just for a laugh. That said, join, spread the word, and if anyone has any more rule suggestions or anything regarding advice for running the league, then post it, this is my first go at running one.

Cheers.

Nice one Mikey,right I might just pick the Bulls so if it hasn't any affect apart from the jerseys.
    No idea how to steal correctly so I'll limit that :pac:.
    I'm gonna get walloped but sure its only a laugh

• Advertisement

So Perrin takes the Bulls which means we have 6 players confirmed and 6 teams reserved. Anyone else wanting to join the league, you have the details so just join, pick a team and then post in here. Hoping to get around 12 members.

1. Mikeyt086 - Celtics
    2. PerrinV2 - Bulls
    3. Pudsy33 - Cavaliers
    5. conoro127 - Knicks
    6. hardasNIALLs83 - Lakers

raze did a great job explaining, it really is the most fun mode. You pick all 12 players on your roster, you have a cap that you have to keep in the limits of (be careful when picking as their contract is not on the first page of info about them, make sure to check first).

The beauty of NBA 2K is that every single player is true to their NBA counterpart, so if you know the real NBA well, you should have great fun picking your squad, if not, you can still pick guys that suit your game, so it's all about balance, like if you pick Pau Gasol as your PF, you will need a C who has great rebounding as Pau isn't the best on the boards. If you pick Rondo as your PG, you'll need shooters at the 2 and 3, as Rondo can't shoot but has amazing passing. etc etc.

The draft itself will be a random lottery in terms of who picks when. So the CPU could get #1 pick or a user, there is no way to tell. But all is not lost if you have a late pick, the 2 picks in quick succession often mean more balanced teams.

CPU trading will be allowed within reason. If the CPU is being trade-raped then I can and will veto the trade, but if you need to change your squad there is a trade-finder in the Online Association which can be very helpful.

Honestly the fantasy draft is the best part of this, so hopefully we can get decent numbers and if everyone has headsets we can have a party chat during the draft, as they always make for great craic.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,505 ✭✭✭Carroller

PerrinV2 wrote: »
    Nice one Mikey,right I might just pick the Bulls so if it hasn't any affect apart from the jerseys.
    No idea how to steal correctly so I'll limit that :pac:.
    I'm gonna get walloped but sure its only a laugh

Hopefully revenge for madden >:-)

Wish i had this for xbox now :'(

• Registered Users Posts: 19,081 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

I'll join later, probably pick the Suns.

I got it a couple of weeks ago in Gamestop for €40, not the amount I would want to be spending on it but alright.

• Registered Users Posts: 29 MrQuack

Has anyone seen this game around Dublin for sale recently? Looking to pick it up cheap but haven't been able to get out recently.

I think it's €35 in Gamestop, or €30ish from Amazon.

• Registered Users Posts: 29 MrQuack

Thank you. Going to try look around the city centre tomorrow in hope of picking it up :)

Was €50 in Gamestop when I was there last week

• Advertisement

Was €50 in Gamestop when I was there last week
    Differs from store to store I'd say,my nearest one had it down to 35

Advertisement