Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NBA 2k13

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 29 MrQuack

Not due to play Cavs sorry

My record is horrendous so far. Half given up already and decided to sim my CPU games and lost them all..

Getting off now but down to play Lakers, Suns and Trail Blazers in my next so I'll arrange to play when suits you guys

• Registered Users Posts: 292 ✭✭raze

Good games one and all tonight to aeghnor, PerrinV2 and Stackooo. Was a lot of fun, and a tough night for my team. Lebron and Faried to start, Wade and Pierce to follow, and a Carmello finish.

Apologies I missed you Pudsy33, by the time I was free it was too late, but if Friday night suits we can get it done then.

MrQuack wrote: »
    My record is horrendous so far. Half given up already and decided to sim my CPU games and lost them all..

Getting off now but down to play Lakers, Suns and Trail Blazers in my next so I'll arrange to play when suits you guys

Don't let it get you down - you've been playing the game for a fortnight total, and it's a pretty deep game that's as frustrating as it is rewarding to learn. Results really don't matter. The game tries (and often fails) to be a simulation. This means that there's no balance, sometimes the odds will be totally against you, other times vice versa.

If you fancy a regular online game hit me up if you see me online. If it's an option for you to use a mic all the better, I'll give you any advice I can.

• Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭Aeghnor

Thanks for yesterday games lads. Almost everything was perfect... almost. One thing is bugging me though. When you losing by 20 with little time to go, please, remember that there is another human on the other side of the cable and try not to quit early. You have to remember that if you quit early your game will be simmed and opponent will lose all the stats and satisfaction from a nice win. It does not matter if i lose or win but i never quit early. I think it is very unsporting and childish. So guys... Please think about others and try and play your games to the end.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 31 Betty Swallocks 83

Aeghnor wrote: »
    Thanks for yesterday games lads. Almost everything was perfect... almost. One thing is bugging me though. When you losing by 20 with little time to go, please, remember that there is another human on the other side of the cable and try not to quit early. You have to remember that if you quit early your game will be simmed and opponent will lose all the stats and satisfaction from a nice win. It does not matter if i lose or win but i never quit early. I think it is very unsporting and childish. So guys... Please think about others and try and play your games to the end.

I didn't quit. I would never do that, I got disconnected.

Fair enough... It just looked like a rage quit that's all :P

Fair enough... It just looked like a rage quit that's all :P

No, I can guarantee you it wasn't. Look at the amount of games I have already lost. I'm used to it by now :)

No, I can guarantee you it wasn't. Look at the amount of games I have already lost. I'm used to it by now :)

Just wondering... Would you be willing to replay our game if Mikey could reset it?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,320 ✭✭✭v3ttel

Should be around Sunday evening after 8 and every evening next week. Heading out tonight and probably won't be around much of Saturday.

I've added you as a friend on XBL. I just realised I'm on holidays for like a week and a half in May. Is there an option to play a game ahead of time?

• Advertisement

Just wondering... Would you be willing to replay our game if Mikey could reset it?

Yea im easy man, whatever suits.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,083 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

I can play anytime until about 8 tonight. (Suns)

Mikey could you reset Nets vs Lakers game? It was simmed due to disconnection in a 4th quarter.

raze wrote: »
    Don't let it get you down - you've been playing the game for a fortnight total, and it's a pretty deep game that's as frustrating as it is rewarding to learn. Results really don't matter. The game tries (and often fails) to be a simulation. This means that there's no balance, sometimes the odds will be totally against you, other times vice versa.

If you fancy a regular online game hit me up if you see me online. If it's an option for you to use a mic all the better, I'll give you any advice I can.

Thanks man, appreciate it! Yeah I still need to get used to some aspects. Love playing but end up getting so frustrated once I start losing haha.

Rooney10 wrote: »
    Should be around Sunday evening after 8 and every evening next week. Heading out tonight and probably won't be around much of Saturday.

I've added you as a friend on XBL. I just realised I'm on holidays for like a week and a half in May. Is there an option to play a game ahead of time?

No problem, I should be available then myself.

Liam O wrote: »
    I can play anytime until about 8 tonight. (Suns)

Okay brilliant. I'll hop on now if that suits?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,941 ✭✭✭osh

So how longs left in the league, is it still worth joining? Or will you be doing another after?

I'm half thinking of picking this up, had the 2k11 for a while but didn't play it a huge amount. Found it tough enough to play tbh so I'm sure I'll be rubbish at it again if I do get it! Doesn't help that I don't follow it in RL

• Registered Users Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭Mikeyt086

Mikey could you reset Nets vs Lakers game? It was simmed due to disconnection in a 4th quarter.

I'll go on now and see if I can yeah.
    osh wrote: »
    So how longs left in the league, is it still worth joining? Or will you be doing another after?

I'm half thinking of picking this up, had the 2k11 for a while but didn't play it a huge amount. Found it tough enough to play tbh so I'm sure I'll be rubbish at it again if I do get it! Doesn't help that I don't follow it in RL

Not even half way through so far, and we will probably be continueing into season 2 of this or maybe starting a new one. Either way, sign up! Nuggets are a beast of a CPU team for you to take.

Cool sure stick me down for them and i'll try and pick the game up over the weekend

Lakers online now , if anyone wants to beat me. Im getting better though I think. My team is actually pretty good.

I got disconnected against Clippers right at the start. It simmed it I think, any chance you could reschedule it for me please?

• Advertisement

Anyone interested in the real life Playoffs this weekend might like to know that the NBA League Pass is free this Saturday and Sunday - it works with an app on xbox called "NBA Game Time" - letting you watch the 8 games played tonight and tomorrow either live or on demand.

Head to www.nba.com for details. You can watch the video in a regular internet browser also.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,320 ✭✭✭v3ttel

raze wrote: »
    Anyone interested in the real life Playoffs this weekend might like to know that the NBA League Pass is free this Saturday and Sunday - it works with an app on xbox called "NBA Game Time" - letting you watch the 8 games played tonight and tomorrow either live or on demand.

Head to www.nba.com for details. You can watch the video in a regular internet browser also.

It may sound odd, but is there any way to watch the games with the ads? The long blank screens between timeouts, quarters and half time are pretty annoying.

Back on topic.....does anyone have a good site tips or tutorials? I just got absolutely mauled by the Bobcats. I started on a horrendous run of 17-2. I shot something like 20% in the first quarter. My biggest problem is defense though. I seem to give up the same types of points over and over.

Every game is an epic battle which is pretty good though. I've had four or five games that have only been won or lost by a point.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,505 ✭✭✭Carroller

I don't know any tips sites but I'm sure YouTube Would be the best! The best tip I got when playing NBA 2k12 was to not try and reach in and end up fouling!! Just stand off the offence an let them shoot. once they are under pressure by standing close to them they often miss the basket but then that leads to rebounding which is another thing altogether

• Registered Users Posts: 3,343 ✭✭✭buyer95

It may sound odd, but is there any way to watch the games with the ads? The long blank screens between timeouts, quarters and half time are pretty annoying.

Back on topic.....does anyone have a good site tips or tutorials? I just got absolutely mauled by the Bobcats. I started on a horrendous run of 17-2. I shot something like 20% in the first quarter. My biggest problem is defense though. I seem to give up the same types of points over and over.

Every game is an epic battle which is pretty good though. I've had four or five games that have only been won or lost by a point.

In the playoffs you don't get the blank screen, you get shown " great moments in NBA history " and NBA trivia, it's quite good actually!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭Mikeyt086

Bobcats are ridiculous! Howard and Millsap grab EVERY board. Thats the only CPU game I've struggled with, I only won because I got my scoring in when those 2 freaks were on the bench. Mario Chalmers and Matt Barnes as well I think? Very tough.

As for tutorials, I looked for a few when I was new to the game (literally like a month and a half ago) but I couldn't find anything good. Just by playing regularly now I am crushing the CPU by around 20 points every game I play. A lot of trial and error, but if you keep trying new things and go back to the things that work for you it should get easier.

Got the game and signed up. Going to be a steep learning curve I think!

GT: king0sh

Team: Denver Nuggets

osh wrote: »
    Got the game and signed up. Going to be a steep learning curve I think!

GT: king0sh

Team: Denver Nuggets

Welcome to the league, how many human players do we have now Mikey?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,404 ✭✭✭Felexicon

Just signed up as the Bobcats

I'm 0-2 just getting the hang of the post play as I usually play a more guard orientated game

Anyone want Milsap or Gortat for a decent guard?

Felexicon wrote: »
    Just signed up as the Bobcats

I'm 0-2 just getting the hang of the post play as I usually play a more guard orientated game

Anyone want Milsap or Gortat for a decent guard?

I've got a very good Small Foward in Grant Hill, who is an A- 3 point shooter, and has the defensive speciality thingy, I'd throw in Deshawn Stevenson, a decent shooting guard, who can knock down the 3, and also has the defensive speciality thing, for Milsap if your interested?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,404 ✭✭✭Felexicon

buyer95 wrote: »
    I've got a very good Small Foward in Grant Hill, who is an A- 3 point shooter, and has the defensive speciality thingy, I'd throw in Deshawn Stevenson, a decent shooting guard, who can knock down the 3, and also has the defensive speciality thing, for Milsap if your interested?
    Throw in the request. Think they're two I could use

Advertisement