Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Muse announced UK & European tour 2012 [Dublin date confirmed]

Options
12345679»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,127 ✭✭✭Linguo

Did they say they were playing Aviva or did they just say they'll be back next year??

• Registered Users Posts: 700 ✭✭✭nommm

Linguo wrote: »
    Did they say they were playing Aviva or did they just say they'll be back next year??

As far as I remember, Matt said something like 'We'll have a show next summer' and then Dom said 'Yeah, the good old Avive.' I'm trying to find a video of the end to confirm but all the Survival videos on youtube cut off before they start talking.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,109 ✭✭✭QueenOfLeon

Linguo wrote: »

I heard him say they'll be back next year but I didn't hear any venue given.

I thought they were incredible last night, my 2nd time seeing them and they were just amazing. Everything about their shows is brilliant, the pyramid was class and the mix of songs across all their albums was great :D

Well the important thing is they'll be coming back, can't get over how good last night was!:D We'll defo be getting tickets, wouldn't miss that again for the world!

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

lazurs pew pew

398323_487205714634689_781795169_n.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,234 ✭✭✭Meesared

krudler wrote: »
    lazurs pew pew

398323_487205714634689_781795169_n.jpg
    Madness had an amazing light show

• Registered Users Posts: 927 ✭✭✭Maybe_Memories

Chris was a beast during Liquid State. Delighted they played Sunburn!!

While Muse are my favourite band, their setlists are waaaay too predictable. Seriously, Uprising, Resistance, Knights of C, Starlight, SMBH and TIRO are all mediocre songs that are played at EVERY gig. I know they're massive hits and all the casual fans go to see those songs, but they don't need to play every single every night. And then only playing the intro to Host was basically a massive orgasm denial for all the hardcore Muse fans.

Anyway still an awesome gig. Unsustainable, Liquid State and Sunburn were the highlights for me. Definitely going to this Aviva gig everyone in internet land is talking about.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,255 ✭✭✭Shlippery

What a stunning night, I didn't think they could get much better than when I saw em for the first time in '09. How wrong I was!
    xnpStl.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,311 ✭✭✭splashthecash

Just gotta say again that this I think was the best gig I have ever been at!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,771 ✭✭✭jebuz

I agree with that man. best gig I've ever witnessed...ever! 5th muse gig and that one was positively mind-blowing. Highlight for me was Unsustainable, incredible when that bass and synth kicked in, you just knew you were in for a good night. Really enjoyed Survival too, quality track and what a finish. What a musician and showman Bellamy is. If the rumous are true about the Aviva next year, I'm there!!

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6 Dr Feelgood

It was a good gig, not great though. Sick of the setlist at this stage.

Highlight for me was Stockholm Syndrome

• Registered Users Posts: 2,255 ✭✭✭Shlippery

Quite pleased with how this came out! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,857 ✭✭✭Spudmonkey

Shlippery wrote: »

Quite pleased with how this came out! :D

Think I might have been standing beside you!

I was pleasantly surprised with the songs off the new album. Enjoyed them much more live than I thought I would.

They did Madness excellent...but Jesus, I can't pick out a top song from this gig....I was hoping that Newborn would be picked by SS was f**kin' class!

Plugin baby, Knights, Madness, Panic Station.....the list goes on!

:D:D:D:D

Just found this link....Muse were asked to mime on an Italian show and they took the piss, swapped around instruments and had Dom singing...

• Registered Users Posts: 200 ✭✭Sheog

It was an absolutely superb gig! Definitely in my top 5 and so much better than the last time they were in the O2. I think it was even better than the gig they played in Marley Park a few years ago. (and that is one of my all time favourite gigs!)

From the light show and the pyramid to the sound quality and even the set list, it was just awesome. Yes, they played their usual hits, but that's when everyone goes crazy and it's why we keep going back to see them live over and over!

Muse have to be one of the best live bands on the go!

Just found this link....Muse were asked to mime on an Italian show and they took the piss, swapped around instruments and had Dom singing...

Check this one out :D

• Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭Ron Burgundy !

that was my first gig :) what a gig :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1 MuseIreland

Hi everyone here is the video of where they say the will play the Aviva. Go to 4:10 and you will hear it..
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UgEcvHzZVhY

<snip>

Can't make it out very well! Hope it's true I don't care if they play a shed we're there!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,207 ✭✭✭miralize

I'd like to see them overseas, partly just as an excuse to travel but also to see what other crowds are like. The Irish crowd admittedly wasn't the best

miralize wrote: »
    I'd like to see them overseas, partly just as an excuse to travel but also to see what other crowds are like. The Irish crowd admittedly wasn't the best

That's because everyone goes to see songs like Resistance and Starlight without even listening to half of Muse's catalogue. It's the same everywhere really. I was told that at R/L when they played OOS in full half the crowd just stood there with completely blank looks on their faces when they were playing Citizen Erased, Screenager, Megalomania, Darkshines etc but then went mental when Uprising came on.

At the O2 gig I was there having a freakout during Host (and was very annoyed they didn't play the full thing) while everyone else was like "wtf is this??"

There's nothing they can do to please everyone. Let's just be thankful they ditched Guiding Light from the set, hopefully forever.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,225 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

That's because everyone goes to see songs like Resistance and Starlight without even listening to half of Muse's catalogue. It's the same everywhere really. I was told that at R/L when they played OOS in full half the crowd just stood there with completely blank looks on their faces when they were playing Citizen Erased, Screenager, Megalomania, Darkshines etc but then went mental when Uprising came on.

At the O2 gig I was there having a freakout during Host (and was very annoyed they didn't play the full thing) while everyone else was like "wtf is this??"

There's nothing they can do to please everyone. Let's just be thankful they ditched Guiding Light from the set, hopefully forever.

Exact same happened me during Host and Animals, everyone just waiting for the same songs. Think might have to sit at gigs from now on, as apparently I shouldn't have been dancing around for them. During Sunburn too.

Mushy wrote: »
    Exact same happened me during Host and Animals, everyone just waiting for the same songs. Think might have to sit at gigs from now on, as apparently I shouldn't have been dancing around for them. During Sunburn too.

Yeah no one cared for Animals when it came on, which really surprised me.

Haha, I went absolutely mental during Sunburn. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,065 ✭✭✭Mike Litoris

Everyone seemed to go to the jacks or the bar when Animals was played.

Either way, and despite hating most of the new album, it was an awesome gig. Would have rathered New Born meself. I dont mind the played out standards like Starlight, Knights and the recent Uprising as they are great live tunes. I cant take to poppiness of Follow Me or Madness. The opening and closing tracks are perfect for the job. Both those and Liquid State, which I thought was immense, are the only songs I like from the album.

I love thier epics. I'd love to hear them play Butterflies, Take a Bow, Apocalypse, Citizen, Assassin, City of Delusion, Muscle, Eurasia:eek: again but that aint gonna happen. Their set was pretty much in line with what most bands do. Loads of new album songs and the popular/hits. It sucks but they cant please everyone.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,186 ✭✭✭kensutz

That was from a few years back

kensutz wrote: »
    That was from a few years back
    :D
    correct, hence the reference to their "new" album resistance...I only found it recently...that's not to say it happened recently

:)

Animals is an incredible song, was beautiful live!

• Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭Ron Burgundy !

anyone know where i can find the whole concert online or if they are making a tour dvd ?

• Advertisement
Advertisement