Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Muse announced UK & European tour 2012 [Dublin date confirmed]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭aka accounts 2010

hdr_news.gif
    MUSE COMING TO THE O2!
    News last updated: 24-09-2012

TICKETS FROM €54.65 (INC BOOKING FEE) ONSALE THIS FRIDAY SEPTEMBER 28th 10AM

The incredible MUSE will play The O2 Dublin on November 3rd as part of a massive European tour. Tickets from €54.65 including booking fee, go on-sale this Friday 28th of September at 10am. It has been almost three years since they have played Ireland so this is a real treat for Muse fans, as it also coincides with the release their sixth studio album “The 2nd Law” on Helium 3 / Warner Records this Friday 28th September. The group has made a stunning short film to preview the album; this can be seen on www.muse.mu. New single Madness is here : http://wtrns.fr/7wKSaMordGcNMB
    Muse didn’t set out to make the most gloriously ambitious album of their career. How could they have? The band who dreamt up Supermassive Black Hole, Knights Of Cydonia and the three-part Exogenesis symphony were already well-versed in going One Louder. Any wilder, any further out there, and Muse would risk incineration by a dwarf star of their own making.
    But you don’t become one of the biggest bands on this planet – in excess of 15 million albums sales worldwide, 5 MTV Europe Awards, 2 Brit Awards, 8 NME Awards, 5 Q Awards, 4 Kerrang Awards and winner of the Best Rock Album Grammy 2011; No 1 in 19 countries with 2009’s The Resistance; filler of arena and stadia across the world – by sitting on your hands.
    So when Muse approached the making of their sixth studio album, they wouldn’t stint on the choirs, strings and horn sections. And be reassured: guitar-shredding, piano-thumping, orchestra-arranging, book-chewing, big-thinking Matt Bellamy, as the band’s chief songwriter, didn’t lower his sights from The Big Picture nor ignore The Precious Details. And nor were the trio afraid of giving space to a brilliant new element to their sound – songs written and sung by bass player Chris Wolstenholme.
    And this time, Muse had the experience born of self-producing The Resistance to apply their studio knowledge to creating the album they really wanted to make. From solid beginnings came big tunes.

“We all had a lot of great fun doing it,” says Wolstenholme, “and hopefully you can hear that on the album. There are some real moments of positivity in the songs. And I just think everyone personally is in a pretty good place at the moment.”
    “It feels like the best thing we’ve ever done,” says drummer Dom Howard. “There was a sense of adventure making it.”
    “This was a breeze!” declares Bellamy, still high from the experience of seeing rock-operatic new track Survival emerge victorious as the official anthem for the London 2012 Olympics. “We were making ourselves laugh at times with how different things were sounding.”
    MUSE // THE O2 DUBLIN // SATURDAY 3rd NOVEMBER
    TICKETS FROM €54.65 (INC BOOKING FEE) ONSALE SEPTEMBER 28th 10AM
    AVAILABLE FROM TICKETMASTER.IE // P: 0818 719 300

Muse play the following dates in 2012:
    16.10 Park&Suites Arena, Montpelier, France
    18.10 Bercy, Paris, France
    20.10 Palacio de Deportes, Madrid, Spain
    22.10 Zenith, Nantes, France
    24.10 SECC, Glasgow, UK
    26.10 O2 Arena, London, UK
    27.10 O2 Arena, London, UK
    30.10 LG Arena, Birmingham, UK
    01.11 MEN Arena, Manchester, UK
    03.11 The O2, Dublin, Ireland
    12.11 Olympiahalle, Munich, Germany
    14.11 St. Jakobshalle, Basel, Switzerland
    16.11 Unipol Arena, Bologna, Italy
    17.11 Adriatic Arena, Pesaro, Italy
    19.11 Stadhalle, Vienna, Austria
    20.11 Arena, Budapest, Hungary
    22.11 O2 Arena, Prague, Czech Republic
    23.11 Atlas Arena, Lodz, Poland
    05.12 Spektrum Arena, Oslo, Norway
    06.12 Ericsson Globe, Stockholm, Sweden
    07.12 Arena, Malmo, Sweden
    10.12 Hartwall Arena, Helsinki, Finland
    11.12 Saku Arena, Talinn, Estonia
    13.12 Arena, Riga, Latvia
    15.12 O2 World, Hamburg, Germany
    17.12 Ziggo Dome, Amsterdam, The Netherlands
    18.12 Sportspaleis, Antwerp, Belgium

• Registered Users Posts: 21,216 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Hunt for a pre-sale code is on.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,900 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

mcd_productions
    We'll be doing a presale for MUSE on our facebook page this Thursday at 10am! Dont miss out on this show! facebook.com/mcd.productions

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,574 ✭✭✭whirlpool

There'll also be a presale for Muse.mu members, just go to the site and sign up. I don't know if people who sign up after the Dublin announcement was made will be eligible for the Dublin pre-sale code though. Some artists have operated like that in the past.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭aka accounts 2010

Are we expecting this to sell out within minutes/hours or will it sell 60%-70% of the way on Friday with the remaining tickets going in next few weeks?

I want to get tickets for this but given the fast I've been at a wagon load of festivals and few stadium gigs in the past few weeks and months, funds are tight plus I'm hoping on securing myself a Glasto ticket on the 7th Oct.

But if there's a strong chance of an instant sell out, I'll source the funds and get a ticket!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,328 ✭✭✭karaokeman

I'm thinking this will sell out straight away, well not straight away as there will be extra tix released two weeks before, but the initial tickets should be gold dust.

Just entered a competition in the Metro this morning so hopefully I shall be lucky.

• Registered Users Posts: 525 ✭✭✭heartofwhite

Chancing my arm but could somebody please supply me with a o2 presale code? I would really appreciate it!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,430 ✭✭✭wolfyboy555

How does one get an o2 presage code? If I know someone on O2 could they get one?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,929 ✭✭✭JaMarcus Hustle

How does one get an o2 presage code? If I know someone on O2 could they get one?

Good question, I recently signed to on O2 contract but never thought of looking into this. Any ideas?

• Registered Users Posts: 834 ✭✭✭Dontfadeaway

Text Muse to 51020 from 02 phone.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,605 ✭✭✭OakeyDokey

Want to go but don't have funds until the Friday :rolleyes: Hopefully I will be lucky!

• Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭Ron Burgundy !

new album is awesome really want to see them but 50 euro + is it worth it ? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭FairCity12

Oh most definitely yes!

• Registered Users Posts: 642 ✭✭✭creativedrinker

If their last gig was anything to go by........ YES :D They are great live!!!

If their last gig was anything to go by........ YES :D They are great live!!!

Best live band I have ever seen. I just sat there the whole time [actually both times] with my mouth open, catching flies.

*wow wow wow*

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,929 ✭✭✭JaMarcus Hustle

Muse are amazing live, one of the few bands who can justify a €50 plus ticket imo.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,900 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

As good as they are not sure if i wanna see them again , have seem them about 4 times at this stage

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 91 ✭✭Decade of Decadence

Was going through my old tickets last night and found the ticket stub when I saw them in the Button Factory/Temple Bar Music Centre in 2000, ticket was only £9!!!

Any sign of the muse.mu preseale information yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 206 ✭✭okla

whirlpool wrote: »
    Any sign of the muse.mu preseale information yet?

Yes It's up on their site now :)

• Advertisement

okla wrote: »

So how do you get presale tickets tomorrow?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,729 ✭✭✭lertsnim

Where? I cannot see it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,111 ✭✭✭rob w

How quickly do people think thepresale tickets will go? I prob won't be able to get to a computer till a few mins after 10, and am worried they might be gone by then?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,430 ✭✭✭wolfyboy555

rob w wrote: »
    How quickly do people think thepresale tickets will go? I prob won't be able to get to a computer till a few mins after 10, and am worried they might be gone by then?

Similar situation....won't be on till quarter past

• Registered Users Posts: 206 ✭✭okla

lertsnim wrote: »
    Where? I cannot see it.

Beside where you click to log in, there is a white box with "members" in pink lettering. Click that and the next is Members home and it's on that.

FairCity12 wrote: »
    So how do you get presale tickets tomorrow?

Register on Muse.mu and do the above.
    Cant wait for the gig, 3 years seems so lomg ago now.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,729 ✭✭✭lertsnim

Beside where you click to log in, there is a white box with "members" in pink lettering. Click that and the next is Members home and it's on that.

It's not on the page here.

• Registered Users Posts: 309 ✭✭RonyPonyBah

I can't see anything relating to the pre-sale help !

O938g.png

I can't see anything relating to the pre-sale help !

O938g.png

You see where it says "LATEST DOWNLOADS?" Well, for me it instead says:

"YOUR EVENT CODES

EUROPEAN TOUR 2012

Your Code:
    [CODE IS HERE!]

Please find your unique code for these pre-sales above. Tickets go on sale at 10:00 local time on Thursday 27th September. Click on the date required below and use your code to access the pre-sale. Please note that, due to ticket agency restrictions, we have not been able to set up pre-sales for all dates that have additional tickets. For any dates not listed below please refer to the TOUR DATES or NEWS sections of muse.mu for more information.

Please note that quantities and types of ticket available will vary across the dates.

These codes have been made available to muse.mu members in order to give those of you who didn't manage to get tickets the first time round the best chance of buying these remaining ones. Please respect this and don't pass your code on to someone else."

• Registered Users Posts: 309 ✭✭RonyPonyBah

whirlpool wrote: »
    You see where it says "LATEST DOWNLOADS?" Well, for me it instead says:

"YOUR EVENT CODES

EUROPEAN TOUR 2012

Your Code:
    [CODE IS HERE!]

Please find your unique code for these pre-sales above. Tickets go on sale at 10:00 local time on Thursday 27th September. Click on the date required below and use your code to access the pre-sale. Please note that, due to ticket agency restrictions, we have not been able to set up pre-sales for all dates that have additional tickets. For any dates not listed below please refer to the TOUR DATES or NEWS sections of muse.mu for more information.

Please note that quantities and types of ticket available will vary across the dates.

These codes have been made available to muse.mu members in order to give those of you who didn't manage to get tickets the first time round the best chance of buying these remaining ones. Please respect this and don't pass your code on to someone else."

Some bull s**t !!! Can't even use the o2 presale scabby out

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,032 ✭✭✭SmokeyEyes

Yeay we just got our tix, can't wait!!

Advertisement