Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Muse announced UK & European tour 2012 [Dublin date confirmed]

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,587 ✭✭✭Pace2008

Only a snippet of the new song

That's a pisstake, right? It's like some horrible brostep song a 15-year-old would cobble together with 2 days experience on Fruity Loops.

EDIT: It was a pisstake

http://www.nme.com/news/muse/64556

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,574 ✭✭✭whirlpool

Mushy wrote: »
    Nope def not.

I find that pretty hard to believe. Muse never leave Ireland out of their arena tours. What are you basing this theory on?

• Registered Users Posts: 21,216 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

whirlpool wrote: »
    I find that pretty hard to believe. Muse never leave Ireland out of their arena tours. What are you basing this theory on?

Not hearing anything of any more shows to be announced. And theyll hardly randomly announce just an Irish show months after the rest of the tour announcement. Mcd may have said no to them for the arena tour for the reason in my post.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

Fcuk it,

I'm off to Hamburg so.

SantryRed wrote: »
    Fcuk it,

I'm off to Hamburg so.

250 euro for return flight and 3 nights in Hamburg for the weekend before Christmas to go see them. Gonna be class :D

• Advertisement

Mcd may have said no to them for the arena tour

Oh. Well that's that then. :( I can live with waiting for a Marlay Park gig next summer.

As I said, they may have said no. I strongly doubt Muse wanted to skip here, they always do. Or maybe their stage show doesnt fit the o2. Whole host of possibilities. Summer wont be missed though.

As I said, they may have said no. I strongly doubt Muse wanted to skip here, they always do. Or maybe their stage show doesnt fit the o2. Whole host of possibilities. Summer wont be missed though.

Wonder who organises their concerts for them. It's a trend that has been set in the past. Coldplay and Arctic Monkeys being two who had tours but didn't come here.

SantryRed wrote: »
    Wonder who organises their concerts for them. It's a trend that has been set in the past. Coldplay and Arctic Monkeys being two who had tours but didn't come here.

Mcd do the shows here. Bands cant play here as much cos of the smaller market base. Either the band or the promoter, or both, dont think itll be the right time for them to come. Tis why im sure a festival date will happen, more people will go to see them.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,328 ✭✭✭karaokeman

Anyone know if Muse will be touring the US next summer?

Prob won't be able to see them at an outdoor show here next year:( as I'm hoping to do a J1, so may need to catch them stateside if I can.

• Advertisement

karaokeman wrote: »
    Anyone know if Muse will be touring the US next summer?

Prob won't be able to see them at an outdoor show here next year:( as I'm hoping to do a J1, so may need to catch them stateside if I can.

Thats more vague, as Euro fests/large scale outdoor shows will most likely be a staple for the summer. Not to say its a definite though. I can see american dates occuring in Feb/March/April though. This year will be huge for them stateside.

As I said, they may have said no.

Ohh, I didn't see the "may" in your post.

Well, I suppose we'll just have to wait and see. If it turns out to be a big gig next summer, I can live with that.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 91 ✭✭Decade of Decadence

:(

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭Gunner5

Nope def not. My theory will be theyll do a large headline outdoor show next year, maybe a festival if it happens. Itll help shift more tickets if they havent played here in such a long time.

I'd say if kasabian/ noel gallgher Marley park gig this summer is a success, then its looking very likely thats what they'll do especially considering that muse played it in 2008.

Would rather an arena date myself :)

Don't think they'll use that as a yardstick, but they dont want to saturate the market for them. Annoying but them the times. Sucks!

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Andre A

I just tweeted muses tour manger and said " when are your bringing muse to Ireland ?!" he replied with "Soon" so we can't definitely expect muse in the near future ! I have it print screen incase anyone doesn't believe me :)

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,900 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Andre A wrote: »
    I just tweeted muses tour manger and said " when are your bringing muse to Ireland ?!" he replied with "Soon" so we can't definitely expect muse in the near future ! I have it print screen incase anyone doesn't believe me :)

That probably means a show next summer so

• Closed Accounts Posts: 223 ✭✭xxyyxx

Indeed. Foo Fighters at Oxegen said they would be back soon lol

• Registered Users Posts: 1,175 ✭✭✭StaticAge11

Metallica said when they were last here in 09 that they would be back "very soon". Never believe these things, its just standard responses to keep fans hyped with anticipation

• Registered Users Posts: 285 ✭✭lisaj

Metallica said when they were last here in 09 that they would be back "very soon". Never believe these things, its just standard responses to keep fans hyped with anticipation

For some reason that quote made me picture someone waving a ball in front of a puppy...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,402 ✭✭✭nxbyveromdwjpg

Ads running on facebook and google for November 3rd (attached a screenshot).. nothing when you click through though.

Weird.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,017 ✭✭✭the_doctor199

For the Metallica and Foos examples aboves, both bands played in Belfast a year later so they probably meant that, although in Metallica's case, Lars
    would play a gig on the moon and say cya soon.

Must be announcing it this week so :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,585 ✭✭✭honru

Maybe they were referring to the Belfast gigs they played the following year?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,438 ✭✭✭frantic190

nm wrote: »
    Ads running on facebook and google for November 3rd (attached a screenshot).. nothing when you click through though.

Weird.

Apparently there is an ad in the Indo today too?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,438 ✭✭✭frantic190

A3Zbwb8CcAA5DHe.jpg:large

The Indo. Tickets between €55 and €60. On sale Friday.

Announcement probably coming on Monday?

Absolutely delighted about this. Very surprised its so late, but even better that its closer now. And I'm off work Friday, so shall buy the album then get tix.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,900 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Not sure if im gonna get tickets , have seen them the last couple of times they have been here but the fact the new song is utter s**t . Might try pick up a ticket closer to the date

Not sure if im gonna get tickets , have seen them the last couple of times they have been here but the fact the new song is utter s**t . Might try pick up a ticket closer to the date

Listen to Panic Station and Supremacy, it balances itself out. That and Madness is growing on me slightly. Love unsustainable too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,328 ✭✭✭karaokeman

Not surprised about this being added with the recent gigs that were announced in Dublin closer to their dates (i.e. Kasabian and Robbie Williams).Might get a ticket on friday, if not will prob get one closer when production tickets go on sale. Can't decide as of yet, as I haven't been that impressed with their new material but will be cool to finally get to see them live.

Advertisement