Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Muse announced UK & European tour 2012 [Dublin date confirmed]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21,227 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Jaysus Mushy, Muse AND Leeds fan? :)

I have to like something good in life don't I?:)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 188 ✭✭KnowYourEnemy

I have a feeling shows in Dublin and Belfast will be announced this week :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

THink I'm gonna go to Hamburg to see them. Seems to be a trate of the last year that some bands are leaving out Ireland on their tours.

SantryRed wrote: »
    THink I'm gonna go to Hamburg to see them. Seems to be a trate of the last year that some bands are leaving out Ireland on their tours.

Nah, confident they'll play the O2 again!

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭itchy elbows

whirlpool wrote: »
    http://muse.mu/tour-dates/

No Irish date...... yet! :confused:

I hope they don't pull a foo fighters and only do a gig up north.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭Shreddy Krueger

There's still plenty of space in their schedule and plenty of time to announce the dates. I'd say MCD are waiting to announce the dates after the Westlife/Red Hot Chili Peppers/Phoenix Park Gigs between now and mid july.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,988 ✭✭✭Monsieur Folie

There's still plenty of space in their schedule and plenty of time to announce the dates. I'd say MCD are waiting to announce the dates after the Westlife/Red Hot Chili Peppers/Phoenix Park Gigs between now and mid july.
    I have a feeling shows in Dublin and Belfast will be announced this week :)

Hope you're right. I wanna see Muse live!

Same was said about the Arctic Monkeys, never happened.

Made me sad. :( They better come back too, actually..

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,906 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Muse have a bigger following over here then Arctic Monkeys

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,328 ✭✭✭karaokeman

That could happen, if they play the O2 in November, I'd imagine they will announce it in mid-July, which is around the time they announced RHCP last year. I've noticed a pattern with Irish gigs in the autumn that they go on sale about 4 months in advance.

If no date is announced by that stage I wouldn't hold my breath for an Irish Muse gig this year.

Still think Muse will headline Slane in 2013

• Registered Users Posts: 3,328 ✭✭✭karaokeman

Still think Muse will headline Slane in 2013

AC/DC perhaps for their 40th anniversary.

I don't think Muse would sell out Slane unless they have a huge support, and right now my expectations are low for their next album.

karaokeman wrote: »
    AC/DC perhaps for their 40th anniversary.

I don't think Muse would sell out Slane unless they have a huge support, and right now my expectations are low for their next album.

Yea suppose we may start thet ACDC for Slane thing again ha (Hopefully its finally time for them to play) Yea Muse wont sell out Slane sure they didnt sell out Marley Park few years ago(although it did sell well and probably close to sell out , but Slane is over twice as big)

Bet we'll hate it
    Muse are set to debut their brand new single, 'Unsustainable', tomorrow (June 27) evening on BBC Radio 1, reports Muselive.com.

The station will premiere the track at 7.30pm (BST) on Zane Lowe's show. The track is rumoured to be linked to the Olympics. For more information visit bbc.co.uk/radio1.

Muse recently unveiled the trailer for their new studio album. To watch the trailer, which ends with the words 'The 2nd Law' and 'September 2012', scroll down to the bottom of the page and click.

The band's new album is the follow-up to 2009's 'The Resistance' and has been recorded in London. Little has been revealed about the album so far, but bassist Chris Wolstenholme previously said that the band wanted to do "something radically different" on their new LP.

The Devon trio will play five shows across the UK in October. The gigs begin at Glasgow's SECC on October 24, before the band move onto London's O2 Arena for two shows on October 26 and 27. They then play Birmingham LG Arena on October 30 before finishing up at Manchester Arena on November 1.

Only a snippet of the new song

I don't like the almost dubstep-like influences there at the end of that clip. =/

I don't like the almost dubstep-like influences there at the end of that clip. =/

And thats the bit thats gonna be on the single tomorrow!

I really don't think the above is anything to do with the new single, I think the band are trying to throw us abit :)

I really don't think the above is anything to do with the new single, I think the band are trying to throw us abit :)

I hope you're right!

• Advertisement

The repeated saying of Unsustainable and the song being called Unsustainable makes me think otherwise. Its only a small part of it anyway.

Mushy wrote: »

The repeated saying of Unsustainable and the song being called Unsustainable makes me think otherwise. Its only a small part of it anyway.

I disagree.

The teaser given a few months before the release of The Resistance was the intro to United States of Eurasia, but Uprising was the first single.

I don't doubt that the above audio snippet will be on the album in some shape or form, I just think its not representative of the first single. At least I HOPE it's not

Its going to be called Survival tonight, its an anthemic rock song tto be used for the Olympics.

Mushy wrote: »

Have they broadcast it yet mate?

Ehhhhhhhhhhhhhhh???

On second listen.

Its USoE and IBTY having sex!

• Moderators Posts: 24,367 ✭✭✭✭ChewChew

So no Dublin gig yet? Can't see them doing Belfast though. I'm booked for Manchester in November! Can't wait :)

So Is this gonna happen?

• Advertisement

Nope def not. My theory will be theyll do a large headline outdoor show next year, maybe a festival if it happens. Itll help shift more tickets if they havent played here in such a long time.

Advertisement