Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Skangers on RTE news now

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46,938 ✭✭✭✭Nodin

prinz wrote: »
    You wouldn't be advocating we keep people in prison for crimes they were never convicted of now would you?

I'm stating what happened. Essentially that and the political element were what kept in him so long.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,541 ✭✭✭Smidge

Of course I'm outraged by this killing. As is any right-minded person. What I am saying is that anyone who has witnessed half the sh*t that people like this do before they commit an act like this cannot be shocked by it.
    It was in the post.
    We watch them grow up on every rung of the criminal ladder from a young age. An example
    A neighbour of mine(79 years old) had her house broken into while at bingo with her daughter. Not only did they rob her house and thrash it, they shat in her bed. We all knew who did it, they lived nearby. they got away with it.
    As for socio-economic reasons apart from a very, very few serious incidents(ie Annabels etc) these tragic things happen regularly happen in places like Moyross, Finglas and Ballyfermot among all of the other places we too often hear on the news

mikom wrote: »
    Read my earlier post in the thread.

I think we were agreeing re the "Virgin Criminal" thing???

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,391 ✭✭✭✭mikom

mishkalucy wrote: »
    A neighbour of mine(79 years old) had her house broken into while at bingo with her daughter. Not only did they rob her house and thrash it, they shat in her bed.

One little duck..... Number 2.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,216 ✭✭✭brimal

My brother used to work with Lukasz.

He told me that he was an absolute gent. Always smiling, happy, hard-working, loyal, etc.

Very tragic. I hope these guys get the harshest sentence possible.

• Advertisement

mikom wrote: »
    One little duck..... Number 2.

Actually it broke her heart. She could take the robbery not the insult. She told me she couldn't understand why someone would do that to her, it shamed her. As I'm sure was the intention

• Registered Users Posts: 1,534 ✭✭✭Pataman

Bet they will get/serve less than the garlic man.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,497 ✭✭✭billybudd

Biology is cruel in that it lets scum give birth to scum.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,943 ✭✭✭✭the purple tin

We seriously need to overhaul the law in this country.
    The manslaughter angle is constantly being used and abused by cold blooded killers.
    No matter how brutal a murder is nobody ever seems to actually get charged with murder.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,699 ✭✭✭bamboozle

Should be sent to Poland to serve the sentence....:mad:

that's a great suggestion actually, those scrots will be treated far too well in an irish prison.

Shocking story, animals would act better than those 3 excuses for human beings.

how this case can not be considered murder is beyond me. They attacked the guy for no reason and danced on his head. 3 brave lads.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

This case reminded me of the film A Clockwork Orange

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,562 ✭✭✭✭Sunnyisland

We seriously need to overhaul the law in this country.
    The manslaughter angle is constantly being used and abused by cold blooded killers.
    No matter how brutal a murder is nobody ever seems to actually get charged with murder.

In this case Martin morgan was charged and convicted of murder even though he pleaded guilty to manslaughter.

Prisoners serving very long sentences (including life sentences), are normally reviewed on a number of occasions over a number of years before any substantial concessions would be recommended by the Board. The final decision as to whether a life sentenced prisoner is released, rests solely with the Minister. The length of time spent in custody by offenders serving life sentences can vary substantially. Of those prisoners serving life sentences who have been released, the average sentence served in prison is approximately 12 years. This, however, is only an average; there are prisoners serving life sentences in Ireland who have spent in excess of thirty years in custody.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,183 ✭✭✭✭Grayson

Are irish prisons actually that nice? Mountjoy has never had a rosy image in my imagination.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,441 ✭✭✭old hippy

billybudd wrote: »

It's to do with your environment and circumstances, actually.

deco nate wrote: »
    i just think they should get real time,not
    just bs 7-10.
    at the end of it all was a man walking to
    work at 4am.doin no one harm and he
    lost his life....at 4am......
    not drunk...livin his life savin a few quid....
    and now his family have lost a good,son,brother..etc
    and yet we stiil have this do do-gooder's bs.

we need to give real sentence to these scum.

end of.

Less of the "we", Travis Bickle.

prinz wrote: »
    Good man. You haven't actually contributed anything in terms of fair punishment whatsoever on the thread. If that's what gets you off go for it. Don't be suprised when other people have the courage to take a real stand.

Yeah, this whole thread is awash with "courage" and heroic acts of bravery.

Fair punishment? All I read is people advocating murder, torture and old testament style vengeance and retribution.

I'm finding it hard to distinguish who the "barbarians" are, at this stage.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,382 ✭✭✭lastlaugh

Do you think that babies are scum just because their parents are?

One of the most retarded things I've read here of late.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,480 ✭✭✭wexie

old hippy wrote: »
    It's to do with your environment and circumstances, actually.

Absolute nonsense, there are perfectly lovely people living in the very same neighbourhoods and streets were this scum was dragged up, living in the same environment and under the same circumstances and the majority of them (thankfully) don't go around kicking people to death.

Of all people I would have thought you the last one to come out with such hideous and unfounded generalizations.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,246 ✭✭✭✭Dyr

Apart from the fact that rehabilitation is a misnomer as its based on the assumption that these f**ks were decent citizens at some stage, Answer me this o hippies: Why would these two individuals WANT to be rehabilitated?

wexie wrote: »
    Absolute nonsense, there are perfectly lovely people living in the very same neighbourhoods and streets were this scum was dragged up, living in the same environment and under the same circumstances and the majority of them (thankfully) don't go around kicking people to death.

Of all people I would have thought you the last one to come out with such hideous and unfounded generalizations.

Sigh. Do I have to be specific? I guess so. It's to do with your family environment, your set of circumstances growing up, the values and ideals you are presented with, whether or not you are disciplined, or beaten or abused.

You look into any violent offenders background (irrespective of social strata) and you will find a very unhappy story. Not that this excuses their repulsive behaviour but it may go some way towards stopping the cycle.

• Advertisement

Bambi wrote: »
    Apart from the fact that rehabilitation is a misnomer as its based on the assumption that these f**ks were decent citizens at some stage, Answer me this o hippies: Why would these two individuals WANT to be rehabilitated?

It's old hippy, deer.

It's old hippy, deer.

Not referring to you at all there horse

Sigh. Do I have to be specific? I guess so. It's to do with your family environment, your set of circumstances growing up, the values and ideals you are presented with, whether or not you are disciplined, or beaten or abused.

You look into any violent offenders background (irrespective of social strata) and you will find a very unhappy story. Not that this excuses their repulsive behaviour but it may go some way towards stopping the cycle.

So what you're saying then is that our friend Billybud here, is right, albeit he might have been a bit more subtle in expressing it, I'll grant you that.

Lets translate it to : Parents who have failed to be a decent part of law abiding society or more likely than not to raise children that will turn out to be scum as well.

Agreed?

Not referring to you at all there horse

So it was a rhetorical question, then?

So what you're saying then is that our friend Billybud here, is right, albeit he might have been a bit more subtle in expressing it, I'll grant you that.

Lets translate it to : Parents who have failed to be a decent part of law abiding society or more likely than not to raise children that will turn out to be scum as well.

Agreed?

No. I don't buy into all the demonisation here - skangers, scum, knackers etc. I do however, believe that there is a cycle that needs to be broken and we have to find out how to prevent abuse - in all its forms.

No. I don't buy into all the demonisation here - skangers, scum, knackers etc. I do however, believe that there is a cycle that needs to be broken and we have to find out how to prevent abuse - in all its forms.

Fair enough, so apart from symantics we more or less agree. (on some points at least).

Personally I don't think that the word scum is all too inappropriate for these fella's, they're not exactly fine upstanding citizens.

But I won't argue with you on that one, I doubt we'd ever agree. Although it'd be an interesting chat over a few pints :D

So it was a rhetorical question, then?

"O hippies": plural, not specific to an individual. Feel free to answer in you're the type of person who invokes the mantra of rehabilitation to sooth their noble conscience about locking scumbags up :)

Fair enough, so apart from symantics we more or less agree. (on some points at least).

Personally I don't think that the word scum is all too inappropriate for these fella's, they're not exactly fine upstanding citizens.

But I won't argue with you on that one, I doubt we'd ever agree. Although it'd be an interesting chat over a few pints :D

They are certainly not find upstanding citizens; I wouldn't dare suggest otherwise. However, I am curious as to the root causes for such heinous behaviour. I find myself at odds with the certain mindset here who hold them responsible for their own miserable condition without trying to understand the reasons leading up to such an horrific abandoment of humanity.

There's a barely concealed contempt (on some of the forums on boards) that seem to castigate the less fortunate sections of society.

"O hippies": plural, not specific to an individual. Feel free to answer in you're the type of person who invokes the mantra of rehabilitation to sooth their noble conscience about locking scumbags up :)

Ach, not much point - you're the type of person who uses the word "scumbags" to advance your argument.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,129 ✭✭✭my friend

it is truly time for a cull of the lumpenproletariat

Advertisement