Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Skangers on RTE news now

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,441 ✭✭✭old hippy

No he's not.

And you as well.

I imagine you support punishment beatings & knee cappings, as well?

Or perhaps you fancy yerselves as caped crusaders, dishing out judgement to the wrong uns?

Pathetic.

Disenfranchised my hole. Scumbags.

You ghettoise people, marginalise them, demonise them, treat them like scum and what do you expect?

Scumbags, indeed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 191 ✭✭Explosions in the Sky

old hippy wrote: »
    See the blood lust here? You are as bad as they are.
    OMG You're right I'm the same as those two scumbags who kicked a man in the head to death because I think they should pay for their actions

• Registered Users Posts: 14,598 ✭✭✭✭prinz

Nodin wrote: »
    I asked - rather logically, and here for the sixth time - What do you think the consequences would be, of long term unrehabiltated offenders being released on the streets without recourse to any aid from the state?
    For some reason - despite having brought it up - you seem absolutely unable and/or unwilling to expound on that.

I answered it in relation to this case. After that you are on your own to indulge in a bit masturbatory debating.
    And the point of throwing that in and its relation to this debate is.....?

To illustrate how wrong our society can get things. Prícks like Long (as it says after a string of convictions for rapes and assaults) can get this...
    ....welfare continued to pay him more than €200 a week along with a string of benefits to look after her until she died. Long was entitled to more than €170,000, as well as a free TV licence, electricity supplements and free phone rental as part of his welfare package.

Whereas if you are law abiding and hardworking what do you get? Pay your TV License...OR ELSE!....

• Registered Users Posts: 517 ✭✭✭Atlantis50

The so called "constitutional convention" should look at introducing tough new anti-crime laws but given that the convention was a Labour idea (the party who opposed the new gang laws brought in after the murder of Roy Collins) it will probably be packed with liberal pinkos on about abortion, gay marriage and so on.

• Advertisement

OMG You're right I'm the same as those two scumbags who kicked a man in the head to death because I think they should pay for their actions

You are exactly the same, delighting and getting off on the threat of physical violence.

You don't give a sheeit about the victim. This is just an excuse for you to wave your noose about.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,298 ✭✭✭Duggys Housemate

You are exactly the same, delighting and getting off on the threat of physical violence.

You don't give a sheeit about the victim. This is just an excuse for you to wave your noose about.

I give a sheeit about the victim, for two reasons.

1) A guy going to work at 4:30 AM lives my life ( admittedly he lives it earlier in the morning), not the life of the (non-working) scum who killed him for kicks.
    2) I worked in the same area once. It could have been me, although I suspect going to work at 7:30 is safer than going to work at 4:30. The scammers have 12 hours left to sleep at that stage.

I usually come on boards with the intention of adding positively to boards. You said I don't care about this victim and just want to get off on statement of violence towards perpetrators. Yes I don't know the man who died but you need to get off your high horse if you don't think I care for the man, I'm human of course his death won't affect me, I dont know him but if you think I don't feel for a man that got kicked to death your completely wrong. Getting off on the high of violence towards the criminals, what am I a sereal killer ?. People like you are the reason why they close their boards accounts, have a good night anyhows

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,219 ✭✭✭woodoo

So kneejerk cock-ology, emotive nonsense once more, with a bit of strawmanning and misrepresentation for good measure.

We'll try a third time.

What do you think the consequences would be, of long term unrehabiltated offenders being released on the streets without recourse to any aid from the state?

He means they never see the outside again. Lock them up for life and who cares how they are treated or what becomes of them in there. Some people should never be freed. This Morgan guy is one of them.

I usually come on boards with the intention of adding positively to boards. You said I don't care about this victim and just want to get off on statement of violence towards perpetrators. Yes I don't know the man who died but you need to get off your high horse if you don't think I care for the man, I'm human of course his death won't affect me, I dont know him but if you think I don't feel for a man that got kicked to death your completely wrong. Getting off on the high of violence towards the criminals, what am I a sereal killer.

You can be a cereal killer, for all I care. You say you feel for someone who died a violent death & in the same breath advocate a violent outcome for someone else? Please, do us a favour, spare the crocodile tears.

Yes, justice is needed but Hollywood style vigilantism? Stick to the comic books.

People like you, indeed

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,340 ✭✭✭deco nate

ever hear the saying...treat others how you expect to be treated?
    i have never,nor will ever go down a road,and see a man an think.
    im gonna have a bit of a buzz here......but did you see that cnut goin for the camera man?yea,im sure he's REAL sorry for killing that poor man.

sure dosnt it show how he has mended his ways in the vt.
    after all he has been thru? yea riigghhht

LEAVE HIM ALONE!!!HE'S BEEN THRU ENOUGH!!!!:mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46,938 ✭✭✭✭Nodin

prinz wrote: »
    I answered it in relation to this case. After that you are on your own to indulge in a bit masturbatory debating.

You referred to "murderers and scumbags" so you were speaking generally. Now you want laws tailor made to each individual case. How will that work?
    To illustrate how wrong our society can get things. Prícks like Long (as it says after a string of convictions for rapes and assaults) can get this...

A carers allowance of 10 grand a year. In place of the dole.

I presume you aren't really interested in better checks for carers and instead are making some ill conceived effort to justify a complete ban on payments to anyone who has ever been convicted of anything.
    Whereas if you are law abiding and hardworking what do you get? Pay your TV License...OR ELSE!....

So you're actually against the benefits system and the free tv licence for pensioners?

woodoo wrote: »
    He means they never see the outside again. Lock them up for life and who cares how they are treated or what becomes of them in there. Some people should never be freed. This Morgan guy is one of them.

He was speaking more generally.

And much as it might be painful, one can't tailor punishments to individual cases.

deco nate wrote: »
    ever hear the saying...treat others how you expect to be treated?
    i have never,nor will ever go down a road,and see a man an think.
    im gonna have a bit of a buzz here......but did you see that cnut goin for the camera man?yea,im sure he's REAL sorry for killing that poor man.

sure dosnt it show how he has mended his ways in the vt.
    after all he has been thru? yea riigghhht

LEAVE HIM ALONE!!!HE'S BEEN THRU ENOUGH!!!!:mad:

The mob has spoken.

I presume you aren't really interested in better checks for carers and instead are making some ill conceived effort to justify a complete ban on payments to anyone who has ever been convicted of anything.

A man convicted of a string of rapes, sexual assaults and suspected murdered. Yeah that equates to "anyone who has ever been convicted of anything"... Jesus wept.
    So you're actually against the benefits system and the free tv licence for pensioners?

LOL, say what now?
    So kneejerk cock-ology, emotive nonsense once more, with a bit of strawmanning and misrepresentation for good measure

You go bro. Keep fighting the good fight.

A man convicted of a string of rapes, sexual assaults and suspected murdered. Yeah that equates to "anyone who has ever been convicted of anything"... Jesus wept.

LOL, say what now?

You go bro. Keep fighting the good fight.

You're not really answering Nodin's questions, though, are you?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,340 ✭✭✭deco nate

The mob has spoken.

watch the video and you will see what i was talking about:rolleyes:

you need to re read my post:p

And much as it might be painful, one can't tailor punishments to individual cases.

Actually in this case one can. The Minister of Jutice to be more exact..
    The final decision as to whether a life-sentenced prisoner is released rests solely with the Minister.

http://www.inis.gov.ie/en/JELR/Pages/Life_sentences

You can be a cereal killer, for all I care. You say you feel for someone who died a violent death & in the same breath advocate a violent outcome for someone else? Please, do us a favour, spare the crocodile tears.

Yes, justice is needed but Hollywood style vigilantism? Stick to the comic books.

People like you, indeed
    I'm going to do you a favour buddy and close my boards account, your a reason this community has closing accounts. I merely said I thought the murderers deserved to be punished/die as they kicked a man to death for the craic. You went on some power trip when I merely stated they deserved to die and guess what they do. By your logic all people on here bad mouthing the murderers are lying. Enjoy your life man.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,962 ✭✭✭✭dark crystal

I daresay if it was a close friend or family member who had been viciously beaten and killed for kicks, your views on the 'marginalised' thugs may be sorely tested.

The vast majority of people who come from poor areas do not commit acts of sadistic violence for the thrill of it. There may be reasons why these boys turned out the way they did, but there are no excuses.

The anger people are expressing here is a lot to do with the intrinsic fear they have that they could well have been that guy on his way to work who never made it home.
    Of course people care about the victim, because the victim could have been any one of us.

• Advertisement

By your logic all people on here bad mouthing the murderers are lying. Enjoy your life man.

Don't worry about it, said poster is on another thread supporting another murderer.

deco nate wrote: »
    watch the video and you will see what i was talking about:rolleyes:

I'm not saying the crime should go unpunished. I'm not saying the perpetrator is an angel.

But the knee jerkery here is astounding.

Perhaps we should be taking a closer look at what drives people to commit such horrific acts and behave in such an ugly fashion towards their fellow human beings?

Only then can we begin to judge. Not just them but ourselves as well.

Don't worry about it, said poster is on another thread supporting another murderer.

Less weasel words, a chara. Be more precise.

A man convicted of a string of rapes, sexual assaults and suspected murdered. Yeah that equates to "anyone who has ever been convicted of anything"... Jesus wept..

So you brough that up because you wanted to highlight the need for greater checks and regulation of carers?

You still haven't explained what you think the consequences would be, of long term unrehabiltated offenders being released on the streets without recourse to any aid from the state?

LOL, say what now?

You complained that you were impelled to pay the TV licence yet he did not (purely by taking advantage of his mothers entitlement to a free licence). You object to pensioners having that benefit? That situation would rather be taken care of by more thorough vetting of carers....

You object to pensioners having that benefit?

Yes that's exactly what I object to. Pensioners. If it wasn't so pathetic it would be funny.

Actually in this case one can. The Minister of Jutice to be more exact..

http://www.inis.gov.ie/en/JELR/Pages/Life_sentences

And a prisoner that was singled out, beyond precedent, would easily be able to take a court action on those grounds.

I daresay if it was a close friend or family member who had been viciously beaten and killed for kicks, your views on the 'marginalised' thugs may be sorely tested.

The vast majority of people who come from poor areas do not commit acts of sadistic violence for the thrill of it. There may be reasons why these boys turned out the way they did, but there are no excuses.

The anger people are expressing here is a lot to do with the intrinsic fear they have that they could well have been that guy on his way to work who never made it home.
    Of course people care about the victim, because the victim could have been any one of us.

I have been viciously beaten and worse in the past. Severe head trauma, resulting in a decade of seizures, living in fear and compounding a life of depression already underway.

I hated it. I still hate it. But it also made me see beyond the black and white dogma offered up over these pages.

But I don't hate those who visited violence on me. Rather, I wanted to understand what leads to that kind of mindset.

Yes that's exactly what I object to. Pensioners. If it wasn't so pathetic it would be funny.

Well, you're unable and unwilling to clarify what you mean, save to rant, rave etc. You can, of course, explain yourself at any time, should you wish to, so its not really down to me.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,510 ✭✭✭✭Galwayguy35

I'm not saying the crime should go unpunished. I'm not saying the perpetrator is an angel.

But the knee jerkery here is astounding.

Perhaps we should be taking a closer look at what drives people to commit such horrific acts and behave in such an ugly fashion towards their fellow human beings?

Only then can we begin to judge. Not just them but ourselves as well.

Simple answer to that, some people are just born bad to the bone and this piece of pond life fits that description perfectly.

• Advertisement

Simple answer to that, some people are just born bad to the bone and this piece of pond life fits that description perfectly.

I disagree. That's far too simplistic. What he did is unforgiveable but you have to dig deeper and find the cause of such behaviour.

Advertisement