Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Skangers on RTE news now

Options

Comments

I'm not into violence much, but those scummy ****ing toerags should have the heads kicked off them, after they've been raped by a junkie in jail of course.

• Registered Users Posts: 217 ✭✭Unavailable for Comment

daRobot wrote: »
    Completely different society for a multitude of reasons, and certainly not comparable imo.

It doesn't need to be compared to anywhere else. It is more than possible to judge it on its own merits.

The USA has approximately 5% of the world's population yet over 23% of the world's prisoners at a cost of approximately $70 billion per annum.

Approximately 25% (500,000) of those being held have not been convicted of anything and just cannot afford bail. This is a despite most of them being arrested for non violent offences. Unfortunately these days being released on your own recognisance has almost disappeared there as a monstrous prison industry has to be kept working.

The US jails around 750 out of every 10,000 of her citizens. To put that in context when the Russian Gulags operated in the late 30's they jailed around 800 citizens per 10,000.

Around 500,000 juveniles are brought to various facilities each year. This is despite the overwhelming trend in the US to treat juveniles as adults.

Disease, drug dependency, gangs, rape, criminality, prison corruption, all are endemic and growing. Sure California buries one inmate a week murdered while in the State's "care".

How the American system for "protecting" society can engender anything but disgust is beyond me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,025 ✭✭✭Tipp Man

The sooner we can put these scumbags down the better. If there were animals they would be put down - they have don't nothing to warrent better treatment than animals so put them down

and no messing around - once they have reached the end of the judicial line then inject them the next day

Is injection cheaper than the chair?? Electricity is gone very dear so it should be

• Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭Keitho_san

55 convictions? If the Government has done something a mans life should have been saved.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,246 ✭✭✭✭Dyr

How the American system for "protecting" society can engender anything but disgust is beyond me.

How many crimes do those criminals inflict on Joe Public while they're in jail? That's some pretty good protection right there :)

• Advertisement

It doesn't need to be compared to anywhere else. It is more than possible to judge it on its own merits.

The USA has approximately 5% of the world's population yet over 23% of the world's prisoners at a cost of approximately $70 billion per annum.

Approximately 25% (500,000) of those being held have not been convicted of anything and just cannot afford bail. This is a despite most of them being arrested for non violent offences. Unfortunately these days being released on your own recognisance has almost disappeared there as a monstrous prison industry has to be kept working.

The US jails around 750 out of every 10,000 of her citizens. To put that in context when the Russian Gulags operated in the late 30's they jailed around 800 citizens per 10,000.

Around 500,000 juveniles are brought to various facilities each year. This is despite the overwhelming trend in the US to treat juveniles as adults.

Disease, drug dependency, gangs, rape, criminality, prison corruption, all are endemic and growing. Sure California buries one inmate a week murdered while in the State's "care".

LOL comparing prison for repeat offenders with GULAGS

• Closed Accounts Posts: 956 ✭✭✭RiseToTheTop

If only we where able to travel to other planets and live there, a new Australia.

These bastards would be on the first spaceship.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 38 C3P0

Such a waste of money locking these individuals up for life.

I reckon we should gain some use out of them. For example, I'd imagine there are some neurosurgeons who would like to try out some new experimental procedures that would involve opening the skull, and having a poke around in there. Kind of ironic too, when you think about it.

But when it boils down to it, in my opinion, it's the State that's at fault, for allowing their vermin parents to vomit their cess-ridden slime into this world in the first place. If they get rid of benefits like child support, maybe we wouldn't have so many useless kunts here to begin with (and I mean that literally). My mind boggles sometimes when I think of how that came about in the first place (giving someone an allowance for having a child), but I'm sure it would be down to getting votes.

Anyway, here's hoping Judge Barry White doesn't get a hard-on tomorrow when he passes down his sentencing.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,061 ✭✭✭benway

C3P0 wrote: »
    I reckon we should gain some use out of them. For example, I'd imagine there are some neurosurgeons who would like to try out some new experimental procedures that would involve opening the skull, and having a poke around in there. Kind of ironic too, when you think about it.

Yeah, let's bring Doc Joe Mengele out of retirement altogether. Real cute.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,115 ✭✭✭Pal

Hoping the judge comes up with the right decision today.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,441 ✭✭✭old hippy

RVP 11 wrote: »
    I'm not into violence much, but those scummy ****ing toerags should have the heads kicked off them, after they've been raped by a junkie in jail of course.

Sounds like you get off on rape fantasies, mind

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,441 ✭✭✭old hippy

Tipp Man wrote: »
    The sooner we can put these scumbags down the better. If there were animals they would be put down - they have don't nothing to warrent better treatment than animals so put them down

and no messing around - once they have reached the end of the judicial line then inject them the next day

Is injection cheaper than the chair?? Electricity is gone very dear so it should be

And you'd be the one to do it, eh? Bet you'd probably pay for the pleasure.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,407 ✭✭✭Cardinal Richelieu

Pal wrote: »
    Hoping the judge comes up with the right decision today.

Life for one, 12 and 6 years for the other two.

http://www.rte.ie/news/2012/0330/20-year-old-gets-life-for-polish-mans-murder.html

• Closed Accounts Posts: 956 ✭✭✭RiseToTheTop

OP is delighted with number of thanks he has.

thanks for that update.

Wonder how long he will serve, whats the usual for a life sentence in Ireland , does anyone know? do they get time off for good behaviour, etc?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,545 ✭✭✭SteoL

Jake1 wrote: »

thanks for that update.

Wonder how long he will serve, whats the usual for a life sentence in Ireland , does anyone know? do they get time off for good behaviour, etc?

I think 15 year is considered life but could be less with good behaviour, ratting etc

• Registered Users Posts: 1,429 ✭✭✭Cedrus

thanks for that update.

This is discussed earlier in the thread. Each prisoner is assessed individually and this crime is certainly could not be considered as 'usual'.

thanks for that update.

17 years on average before being allowed outside the prison, even on temporary release. Would say this guy will be looking at 20 years plus. Covered here:

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=77617873

so you get the same sentence in this country for :
    • Not paying tax on Garlic
    • Stamping a person to death

Shocking

• Registered Users Posts: 706 ✭✭✭MoonDancer

Just watched the video. What sick people to do that to the poor man. I feel sick just hearing about it. What a disgrace to have Irish people do something so evil. Us Irish were raised better, at least the majority were.
    They should be locked up forever.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,250 ✭✭✭lividduck

They got 9 years and 6 years, the judge suspended 3 years of the twelve!!!
    Sick:mad:

Shocking

Bullsh!t. Life for the main perpetrator.
    lividduck wrote:
    Sick

Why are you leaving the life sentence out of that, if you don't mind me asking?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 149 ✭✭Thepredator

Ah Sure he showed remorse so i can understand the three years being taken off! In fact his sentence should have been halved!. The justice system in this country is an absolute joke. Its sickening to think that these mutants will be still in their 20's/30's when their released. What will it take for scum like this to be punished appropriately? A minister or judge being murdered perhaps??

lividduck wrote: »
    Sick:mad:

What is it gonna take to get Justice? What would the judge sentence if it was one of his children that was beaten to death?!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 609 ✭✭✭Dubit10

So life for one = Out in 15
    9 for another = Out in 5
    6 for another = Out in 3

Some country alright.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 609 ✭✭✭Dubit10

Shocking

Money first people second, it's always been that way.

The first one could be out when he's 21.
    Free to resume savagery in our streets again in about 3 years time.

Ah Sure he showed remorse so i can understand the three years being taken off!

This shouldn't even be a deciding factor in the sentence, any solicitor can tell their defendant to apologise just so they get a lower sentence. It doesn't mean they mean it!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,072 ✭✭✭marcsignal

Utter scumbag, hope he rots in the joy, that is all.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3 rogerball

These scumbags should be brought to a mexican prison, left to fend for themselves there, our prison system will be far too cushy for them. V upsetting case altogether. Makes me ashamed to be from the same country as them

Advertisement