Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UPC On-Demand (was RTÉ Player etc) [Merged]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,331 ✭✭✭✭jimmycrackcorm

Casey78 wrote: »
    In Moyglass area of Lucan and still don't have this.
    Anyone in Lucan have it yet?

In the same area as you. I understand it's available in Arthur Griffith.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,199 ✭✭✭PopTarts

Anyone have it around Dublin 15?

I'm Carpenterstown.

Thanks

• Site Banned Posts: 385 ✭✭pontia

its on in esker estate in lucan

• Registered Users Posts: 644 ✭✭✭Eamo71

To UK favorites in recent weeks such as Maigret, The Memoirs of Sherlock Holmes, Hornblower and some PD James stuff.
    Lewis and Morse also there, they might have been there for a while as I'm starting to forget what's what.

• Registered Users Posts: 226 ✭✭SnowY32

anyone know when they'll add the other series to some of the boxsets????
    finished series 1,2 and 3 of Spooks and im having withdrawls :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,116 ✭✭✭starviewadams

Finished Blue Bloods on OD too,not a great show by any means but decent enough to watch when nothing else is on late at night.

Hopefully they will add some more soon!

Started watching Deadwood on OD - stunning. One of the best first episodes of a series I've seen.

SnowY32 wrote: »
    anyone know when they'll add the other series to some of the boxsets????
    finished series 1,2 and 3 of Spooks and im having withdrawls :D
    Dexter Season 3 please!!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,133 ✭✭✭FloatingVoter

Could do with more Cheers - finished watching season two last night.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,663 ✭✭✭JoeyJJ

Eamo71 wrote: »
    Dexter Season 3 please!!

and 4 and 5! Man I wish they would sort out dextor. Breaking bad would be nice too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭Flip Flop

Well after months of phone calls, emails and complaints on here, UPC have finally delivered and I finally have On Demand here in Monkstown in Dublin. I got a phonecall yesterday to say that I could finally get Phone and Broadband from them and tonight I came home from work and I have On Demand, proof positive that the two things are linked. Anyway as others have said it's a good start rather then a complete service yet. But it is a very good start. I'm delighted to get this on the same day as the new HD channels, I'll have to change my attitude towards UPC after this. I really hope that everybody else who hasn't got it yet will get it soon. Stay patient and it will happen eventually.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,331 ✭✭✭✭jimmycrackcorm

boardzz wrote: »
    If broadband is not available then On Demand won't ever be available.

No, you said that if broadband is not available to someone (as in right now) then they WON'T EVER get On Demand.

Duh.

• Registered Users Posts: 860 ✭✭✭boardzz

Have you ever wrote an if statement.

If "_____"
    Then "_______"
    Else "_______"

If "no broadband"
    Then "won't ever be on demand"
    Else "will be on demand"

DUH

The Prisoner (McGoohan) was added to UK Favs a few days ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,332 ✭✭✭fergiesfolly

Eamo71 wrote: »
    The Prisoner (McGoohan) was added to UK Favs a few days ago.
    This series will make you wish you never heard of television.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,408 ✭✭✭Sunny!!

can anyone tell me has any content been added at all since the lauch? Its very bare.

I don't think we'll ever get it in Dublin 15 (Carpenterstown)

:(

• Registered Users Posts: 3,008 ✭✭✭colly10

I kind of have on demand but i'm getting the following any time I try to view a program -
    This programme is currently unavilable, please try again. Should this problem continue, please contact the customer care team. (CD103)

I ran a test on the UPC test channel (999) and all was ok. Anyone else getting the same thing or have got around the problem?

Sunny!! wrote: »
    can anyone tell me has any content been added at all since the lauch? Its very bare.

Yes there's been extra content added. If you scroll from this page and go backwards it's all been highlighted.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,144 ✭✭✭peter1892

colly10 wrote: »
    I kind of have on demand but i'm getting the following any time I try to view a program -

I ran a test on the UPC test channel (999) and all was ok. Anyone else getting the same thing or have got around the problem?

Very same thing - the test suggests that all is OK and we can now get into the player but nothing plays. Until tonight it didn't even get that far, just said service unavailable when attempting to go into on demand.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 932 ✭✭✭swampy353

On demand is now active in Annfield in Carpetenersstown, doesn't let me lay anything yet, but sure it will work fully in the next day or so

• Site Banned Posts: 385 ✭✭pontia

every second time i try and use it it dosent work,says not available,more crap from upc,can they do anything right

swampy353 wrote: »
    On demand is now active in Annfield in Carpetenersstown, doesn't let me lay anything yet, but sure it will work fully in the next day or so

Not in Woodbrook yet :(

• Registered Users Posts: 46 chris.o

Grand Canal Dock area... been yelling at the tv for months every time an On Demand advert comes on!

Finally have the framework as of this saturday but when I try to watch anything I get the error CD103.

I have too much sympathy for the poor bastards who work in customer care to call them up and yell at them.

FFS UPC!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 47 jmcgold

Finally got OnDemand in Luttrellstown, Dublin 15.
    Mixed bag. Quality of video on the channel players is quite poor, lower than watching it directly in a browser in fact.
    The video and audio quality for the box sets is good, if they bump up the content available then this would be the most valuable part of the service.
    Rented a new release movie last night and payed 5.99 for the HD version. Very bad value. While the image quality is good (although not 1080p), there was no surround sound. I could have knocked around to Xtravision and got the same movie for 1.50 less with 7.1 surround sound and 1080p picture.
    Some of the old releases might be worth a purchase at 1.99 but I don't see myself making much use of this feature.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭jack presley

It has kind of arrived in Mulhuddart Dublin 15 as well now. I say kind of because although I can access the menus which I couldn't up until now, when I actually go to select a program, I get an error message telling me the service is unavailble, please try later or something to that effect

• Registered Users Posts: 498 ✭✭FueledByAisling

Would love if they had new seasons of The Good Wife, Blue Bloods and Californiacation added. Californiacation has the best bet of being updated as it has 6 series so they have at least 3 older series and should be able to get away with adding it unlike the other two who's next series was only released this year.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,116 ✭✭✭starviewadams

Yeah hope they add more Blue Bloods,I kinda like the episodes I've watched on OD,but not enough to actually download the latest series!

• Registered Users Posts: 498 ✭✭FueledByAisling

Yeah hope they add more Blue Bloods,I kinda like the episodes I've watched on OD,but not enough to actually download the latest series!

It's on RTE on some day I forget which but the newer series is definitely better!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 46 chris.o

Worst digital product roll out in history...

Advertisement