Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UPC On-Demand (was RTÉ Player etc) [Merged]

Options
1242526272830»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,145 ✭✭✭lolo62

It's in the 'TV Players and More' section & listed as BBC Box Sets (not as BBC Player). All the content from that section is also listed & available to view in the 'Box Set' section.

Still pointless having them all side by side if you have no access to them. it's deceptive, particularly with all the hype they make of it on ads.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,624 ✭✭✭iba

Hi,

Would be grateful if someone could explain why not all the programmes that are available on the RTE player on the RTE website are not available on the RTE player from UPC.

For example, I was looking for Quirke on UPC last night and it was not there but it was available on rte.ie

Regards

• Registered Users Posts: 1,861 ✭✭✭Cushie Butterfield

iba wrote: »
    Hi,

Would be grateful if someone could explain why not all the programmes that are available on the RTE player on the RTE website are not available on the RTE player from UPC.

For example, I was looking for Quirke on UPC last night and it was not there but it was available on rte.ie

Regards
    UPC don't have full broadcasting rights for all player content.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,178 ✭✭✭✭Dodge

iba wrote: »
    Hi,

Regards

It's not just the UPC player. Have a look at the RTE "XL" player on Playstation or other consoles or any of their mobile/tablet apps. Similarly limited selection.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,624 ✭✭✭iba

Dodge wrote: »
    It's not just the UPC player. Have a look at the RTE "XL" player on Playstation or other consoles or any of their mobile/tablet apps. Similarly limited selection.

Thanks.

Up to last night I naievly thought that all the players had the same content.

Do UPC actually advertise RTE Player by saying they only have limited/selected content?

• Advertisement

Just wondering, is there anywhere you can see when the on demand selection is going to be updated / what new stuff is upcoming? The upc website dates back to June last year.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,133 ✭✭✭FloatingVoter

Just wondering, is there anywhere you can see when the on demand selection is going to be updated / what new stuff is upcoming? The upc website dates back to June last year.

Most of the shows in the Drama section like Dalziel and Pascoe / Doctor Who etc. have an expiry date of Feb. 28th. So wait and see is my best guess.

Advertisement