Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UPC On-Demand (was RTÉ Player etc) [Merged]

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 246 ✭✭Kamjana

Bodan wrote: »
    hopefully you will have it in the next few days. AFAIK , they have finished upgrading the network here.

What part of Waterford you in?

• Registered Users Posts: 30 WoodenShoe

Kamjana wrote: »
    What part of Waterford you in?
    It might be more an entitlement on your smartcard inside your box. Seems to take a period of time to give your smartcard the rights to "see" it :cool: They have to broadcast each individual right to the smartcard.

• Site Banned Posts: 385 ✭✭pontia

they still wont give date for lucan,shower of cowboys

• Registered Users Posts: 5,459 ✭✭✭shinzon

im just hoping with the upgrade work done it also means speed upgrades in waterford as well for BB

• Registered Users Posts: 3,345 ✭✭✭fergiesfolly

On demand on in Galway. Not a huge amount of content, but its a start. Good to see UPC are moving into the 21st century

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,124 ✭✭✭7upfree

Im in the city and its not on my TV yet

I'm in John's Hill. It came on last night!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,213 ✭✭✭✭therecklessone

Just noticed On Demand enabled in Swords this evening, looks decent.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,951 ✭✭✭_Whimsical_

On demand on in Galway. Not a huge amount of content, but its a start. Good to see UPC are moving into the 21st century

No sign of it on my tv and I'm in Galway. Did you need to do anything to enable it ?What part of the city are you in?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,641 ✭✭✭zero19

No sign of it on my tv and I'm in Galway. Did you need to do anything to enable it ?What part of the city are you in?
    not working for me either, i'm in renmore.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 246 ✭✭Kamjana

Bodan wrote: »
    hopefully you will have it in the next few days. AFAIK , they have finished upgrading the network here.

Working here now for me,just had a look and much ado about nothing really,wont be getting rid of Netflix for it anyway.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,345 ✭✭✭fergiesfolly

zero19 wrote: »

In Ballybane. Thats a strange one!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,641 ✭✭✭zero19

In Ballybane. Thats a strange one!
    Left the box and router off overnight and it's working now :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 794 ✭✭✭bluecode

Left the box and router off overnight and it's working now :)
    Yes that's how it's done.

Couldn't figure out my pin for buying movie being a bit thick. Then tried something and it worked. Bought the movie by mistake. I figured there'd be further option to back out, Doh. Which there really should be.

Oh well lesson learned.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 539 ✭✭✭iDann

Available in Cork City now :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,808 ✭✭✭Stokolan

7upfree wrote: »
    Im in the city and its not on my TV yet

I'm in John's Hill. It came on last night!!!

Ferrybank here. Working aswell.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,375 ✭✭✭Sin City

Just checked and on demand is working in Limerick

• Registered Users Posts: 523 ✭✭✭VikingG

Eamo71 wrote: »
    TV players are free, box sets are free, movies are PPV with pricing from 1.99 to 4.99 with new HD titles at 5.99.
    Content is SD and HD.
    Hope that helps.

Just to point out that the box sets are only available if you are on the Digital Extra Pack... if you are on the standard Value pack then No Box Sets...

It was just enabled here at the weekend and I found this quite annoying.... loads of ads saying free box sets... but they are only free if you pay more :(

• Registered Users Posts: 184 ✭✭lauraww

Hi there,UPC On Demand is up and running in my area, my neighbours have it but i dont.the On Demand Channel came on my TV yesterday but i cant access anything on it.RTE player and 3 player come on when im on channel 119 but i cant view the programmes.When i have on RTE 1 and 2 or TV3 and i press the red button,i get a message saying the problem is at my end,it says its UPC On Demand is unavailable,this is due to your in home wiring or connections.I have the wire split and going to three other TVs,would that be the cause of the problem?i did the test on channel 999 and it failed .i was thinking if connected a booster box to the cable wire maybe that would resolve the problem.if i have to remove the splitter to get On Demand i dont think that i'll bother as i will lose the channels in the bedrooms.can someone give me some advice?thank you

• Registered Users Posts: 14,336 ✭✭✭✭jimmycrackcorm

lauraww wrote: »
    Hi there,UPC On Demand is up and running in my area, my neighbours have it but i dont.the On Demand Channel came on my TV yesterday but i cant access anything on it.RTE player and 3 player come on when im on channel 119 but i cant view the programmes.When i have on RTE 1 and 2 or TV3 and i press the red button,i get a message saying the problem is at my end,it says its UPC On Demand is unavailable,this is due to your in home wiring or connections.I have the wire split and going to three other TVs,would that be the cause of the problem?i did the test on channel 999 and it failed .i was thinking if connected a booster box to the cable wire maybe that would resolve the problem.if i have to remove the splitter to get On Demand i dont think that i'll bother as i will lose the channels in the bedrooms.can someone give me some advice?thank you
    Try connecting the box before the cable split first. I doubt if a signal booster will improve it unless it is some sort of dedicated digital booster.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,660 ✭✭✭zg3409

Try connecting the box before the cable split first. I doubt if a signal booster will improve it unless it is some sort of dedicated digital booster.

Agreed. A normal booster will actually make you less likely to get it working. This is because UPC's boosters have a return path, which cheap boosters do not. Try removing all splits and make sure you have the correct box and subscription level.

• Advertisement

was on to UPC they need to send a technician out to fix the fault,im curious,does anybody else have their cables split and are you receiving On Demand without any problems?

zg3409 wrote: »
    Agreed. A normal booster will actually make you less likely to get it working. This is because UPC's boosters have a return path, which cheap boosters do not. Try removing all splits and make sure you have the correct box and subscription level.

i have the right box and subscription,i have been having trouble wit a few channels for a while now,they have been flashing on and off so hopefully the guy will fix it for me without having to remove the splits

• Registered Users Posts: 2,092 ✭✭✭celticbest

I have access to On Demand since yesterday on two of my UPC Digi boxes however my third box does not have access to the service, it's an old Sagem box that we got from Chorus about 7 & a half years ago.

Do I need to contact UPC and ask for a modern replacement Digi box?

If I contact them will they replace it free of charge as it does provide me with the full service which I'm entitled to?

celticbest wrote: »
    I have access to On Demand since yesterday on two of my UPC Digi boxes however my third box does not have access to the service, it's an old Sagem box that we got from Chorus about 7 & a half years ago.

Do I need to contact UPC and ask for a modern replacement Digi box?

If I contact them will they replace it free of charge as it does provide me with the full service which I'm entitled to?

you will have to pay 45 euro for the new box they give you

• Registered Users Posts: 2,092 ✭✭✭celticbest

lauraww wrote: »
    you will have to pay 45 euro for the new box they give you

So I think it will just stop working 'accidentally' and they will replace it as faulty for free instead.....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,018 ✭✭✭blindsider

As others have reported, OD is now working in Cork city.

I've only had a scan through what's available, but so far so good.

I'd like to think they can add to the content, and it'd be nice if the Players were extended to sport.

Overall, thumbs up from me - well done UPC!

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,587 Mod ✭✭✭✭icdg

To say again, On Demand only works on UPC boxes. Not NTL and Chorus ones.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,429 ✭✭✭decies

First time looking at it in Waterford watching the first episode of cheers on it . Won't rent a movie on demand though, pay enough for service as it is.

• Registered Users Posts: 644 ✭✭✭Eamo71

Just noticed On Demand enabled in Swords this evening, looks decent.
    COYS ;-)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 644 ✭✭✭Eamo71

VikingG wrote: »
    Just to point out that the box sets are only available if you are on the Digital Extra Pack... if you are on the standard Value pack then No Box Sets...

It was just enabled here at the weekend and I found this quite annoying.... loads of ads saying free box sets... but they are only free if you pay more :(

That's correct it is on the web site here http://www.upc.ie/television/

Advertisement