Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UPC On-Demand (was RTÉ Player etc) [Merged]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,092 ✭✭✭celticbest

Eamo71 wrote: »
    If folks can't wait a few seconds... there's little hope for the world :D
    BTW NCIS and Sex And The City have reappeared in the Box sets

Hopefully they stay up this time, I was looking forward to watching NCIS the last time you said it was up and when I went to watch it, it wasn't there :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,092 ✭✭✭celticbest

Eamo71 wrote: »
    Never watched it. Any good?

I've never seen it myself but I like NCIS LA, so if it's along the same lines I'd say it should be good.

• Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭cruibin

Dean09 wrote: »
    :eek: :eek:
    What a joke!

Yes indeedy a joke it is, got a call from a UPC rep about it.. Dec 2013 in Dublin 12 ... no explanation why or the lack of any comms on the UPC website about it.
    Also refused to give it to me in writing!
    :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,638 ✭✭✭bombidol

Is it currently down?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,112 ✭✭✭mollser

dexter nor Californication will play, annoying

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 117 ✭✭HattieMcDoogal

Twin Peaks added to the On Demand, today I think. Maybe during the week? Either way I'm looking forward to watching it. Never watched a single ep before :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,133 ✭✭✭FloatingVoter

Twin Peaks added to the On Demand, today I think. Maybe during the week? Either way I'm looking forward to watching it. Never watched a single ep before :-)

Thats my weekend sorted. Seen it first time round - it is a classic.

• Registered Users Posts: 644 ✭✭✭Eamo71

Thats my weekend sorted. Seen it first time round - it is a classic.
    Just watched the pilot... Still great.

...though the 22 episodes of season 2 would be nice. Oh well, 'tis why God invented downloading.;)

...though the 22 episodes of season 2 would be nice. Oh well, 'tis why God invented downloading.;)
    Indeed. Though I'd say S2 will be along st some point.
    X-Files next pls!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 155 ✭✭macker22

TG4 player put on today and a section in tv players and more for bbc box sets

Twin Peaks Season 2 is up - although they seem to have forgot about the last 3 or 4 episodes - I'm sure that'll be fixed.

• Registered Users Posts: 287 ✭✭h2s

Red Alert wrote: »
    Some programmes appear to be unavailable on the UPC version of RTE Player. For instance, Prime Time. I wonder why?

Actually there is quite a lot of programmes not available on the UPC version. I was looking for the Mario Rosenstock series and it no where to be found. There have been several other series I have not be able to find on the UPC version.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,394 ✭✭✭decies

My season 1 cheers episode 11 to 14 won't load!!! Anbody else's ??

• Registered Users Posts: 4,557 ✭✭✭The tax man

decies wrote: »
    My season 1 cheers episode 11 to 14 won't load!!! Anbody else's ??

Those episodes load and play fine for me.

Tried rebooting and all :-/

Got them working by pressing resume and rewinding , wont play when press beginning

there is now sky on demand in the tv players and more section only films from sky premiere in hd aswell

• Registered Users Posts: 1,029 ✭✭✭patrickmooney

Sky on-demand is a very interesting addition. I didn't think we would ever see sky anything up there.
    Currently it's three movies, prompts you to subscribe to see. Perhaps Sky will limit the content to subscription only to tempt more users to upgrade to the premium packages.

Will/would/could we ever see Sky1/Living content up there too?

• Registered Users Posts: 422 ✭✭loup

How does the Sky On Demand subscription work? Is it one subscription to all Sky content or pay per film viewed (how much per film)?

• Advertisement

http://www.irishtimes.com/newspaper/finance/2012/1220/1224328041827.html seen this earlyer sounds like theres more to come :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,043 ✭✭✭Wabbit Ears

I saw this in the paper and asked UPC about it. Apparently if you have a sky moves SD subscription the Sky movies content is free and if you have the Sky movies HD subscription both SD and HD are free. You cant buy the sky stuff individually and its due to refresh on a weekly basis.

Sounds like if you are a Sky moves subscriber this is a sweet bonus

Anyone see the new music section?
    Cracking Neil Diamond Live DVD in there.

sky on demand looks good like to see them add sky1 and sky sports content . . seen the music part looks very good

Am finding this UPC on demand very very buggey , often getting plank screen when trying to access programmes .

• Registered Users Posts: 500 ✭✭✭who is this

I'd much rather if RTÉ Player got the imported stuff.

Nearly all imported stuff is available on rte.ie/player, yet none (except soaps) are on the box.

Getting that would be a lot more useful to a lot more people than Sky Movies OD is.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,333 ✭✭✭fergiesfolly

When are they going to add some new content to existing series.
    Been stuck on season 2 of Dexter and Californication for ever

When are they going to add some new content to existing series.
    Been stuck on season 2 of Dexter and Californication for ever
    Agreed. bit disappointed nothing fresh for the new year. And considering netflix just got dexter seasons 4-6 and Californication up to season 4 thought UPC would be getting similar.

• Registered Users Posts: 556 ✭✭✭shane.

stannaway road and sundrive road in crumlin got on demand this week,its getting closer to my address by the day, just around the corner now!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,663 ✭✭✭JoeyJJ

I got onto them about dextor on twitter, they said they'd inquire with the relevant team.

Advertisement