Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UPC On-Demand (was RTÉ Player etc) [Merged]

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 117 ✭✭HattieMcDoogal

Season 1 + 2 of Cheers just added :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 644 ✭✭✭Eamo71

great news RE Cheers. Legendary series.
    And in more good news the first two seasons of Californication have been added as well. I can't recommend Californication highly enough. It's brilliant.

icdg wrote: »
    None of the sports programming is on the UPC version, last time I checked.

Meanwhile the Doctor Who mistakes have been rectified. Also BBC programming is also now split into Drama, Comedy, and Factual with CBBC programmes moved to the Kids section.
    It'd be nice if the movies had a kids section as well for all PG and U movies.
    On that one... we watched Liar Liar recently which had a PG rating. We felt it was unsuitable to be rated PG. Lots of sexual references and swear words. Funny though.

• Registered Users Posts: 591 ✭✭✭Techless

Eamo71 wrote: »
    Medium, Rules of engagement and Deadwood added to boxsets. Nice.

Deadwood is brilliant, being ploughing through season 1 and notice that one of the episodes is missing.
    Assume this will be rectified in due course.

• Registered Users Posts: 184 ✭✭lauraww

Season 1 + 2 of Cheers just added :-)
    LOVE that show,can't wait till i get On Demand,not in my area yet:(

Married With Children would be a great addition

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 979 ✭✭✭Keedowah

Maybe this has been answered already - but I cant see the answer (granted I havn't done a huge amount of looking! ;) )

Can you only watch boxsets if you have a HD UPC box? We upgraded to the standard DVR box recently and I don't have a HD TV so don't see the point in paying the HD rate.

Techless wrote: »
    Deadwood is brilliant, being ploughing through season 1 and notice that one of the episodes is missing.
    Assume this will be rectified in due course.

I noticed on one of the sets maybe t'was Deadwood that one of the episodes had made its way to the end... seemed to have been shuffled.

lauraww wrote: »
    LOVE that show,can't wait till i get On Demand,not in my area yet:(

Married With Children would be a great addition

If Cheers is there can Frasier be far behind? :-)

Keedowah wrote: »
    Maybe this has been answered already - but I cant see the answer (granted I havn't done a huge amount of looking! ;) )

Can you only watch boxsets if you have a HD UPC box? We upgraded to the standard DVR box recently and I don't have a HD TV so don't see the point in paying the HD rate.
    No you don't need a HD tv. It depends on the TV package you have. AFAIK you need to be on Digital Select extra + or Digital Max packages to get the box sets see http://www.upc.ie/television/.

• Registered Users Posts: 979 ✭✭✭Keedowah

That clears that up - thanks.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 184 ✭✭lauraww

If Cheers is there can Frasier be far behind? :-)[/QUOTE

I think i seen him in Tesco with Lillith earlier so he should be along soon :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,008 ✭✭✭colly10

Anyone know when this is supposed to work in Sandyford?

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭Flip Flop

From what people are been told by UPC on Twitter, August 13th appears to be the next big launch day for On Demand. It looks as though it will be made available in Swords, Malahide and the other major cities around the country at that stage. However to answer your question I don't know whether those of us in the rest of Dublin who still don't have it, will get it at that stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 591 ✭✭✭Techless

I noticed on one of the sets maybe t'was Deadwood that one of the episodes had made its way to the end... seemed to have been shuffled.

That is on season 1 but one of the episodes (think its 7 or 8) is missing altogether.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,408 ✭✭✭Sunny!!

13th of august is the day for the launch of on demand in cork:D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,669 ✭✭✭who_me

(Sorry if these are already answered but..)

Is the On Demand content free or ppv, or a mix? And is it SD, or HD?

who_me wrote: »
    (Sorry if these are already answered but..)

Is the On Demand content free or ppv, or a mix? And is it SD, or HD?

TV players are free, box sets are free, movies are PPV with pricing from 1.99 to 4.99 with new HD titles at 5.99.
    Content is SD and HD.
    Hope that helps.

lauraww wrote: »
    If Cheers is there can Frasier be far behind? :-)[/QUOTE

I think i seen him in Tesco with Lillith earlier so he should be along soon :D
    I detect a chill in the air...Lilith must be close by. ;-)

colly10 wrote: »
    Anyone know when this is supposed to work in Sandyford?
    Have you gone to the UPC site to see if you can actually receive On demand TV at your address yet? http://www.upc.ie/on_demand_tv/Can_I_get_On_Demand_TV_/

• Registered Users Posts: 3,669 ✭✭✭who_me

TV players are free, box sets are free, movies are PPV with pricing from 1.99 to 4.99 with new HD titles at 5.99.
    Content is SD and HD.
    Hope that helps.

Thanks! I knew movies were unlikely to be free, but the free box sets are a very nice touch (although I assume there's a limited selection). Not sure now whether to dump Netflix for this, or dump the UPC TV package for Netflix. :)

• Advertisement

who_me wrote: »
    Thanks! I knew movies were unlikely to be free, but the free box sets are a very nice touch (although I assume there's a limited selection). Not sure now whether to dump Netflix for this, or dump the UPC TV package for Netflix. :)
    At present On Demand is a great start. Probably not enough content to dump netflix just yet. I have both and if On Demand keeps ramping up the way it's been doing since it was launched then perhaps I'll part with Netflix at some point in the future. It really depends on how much you use netflix.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,440 ✭✭✭forzacalcio

Either way this is great news as Netflix will pro9bably need to bump up the Ireland database. At the minute it is shocking, hasnt a patch on the US Version.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 246 ✭✭Kamjana

Sunny!! wrote: »
    13th of august is the day for the launch of on demand in cork:D

Earlier than that,next week in fact.

http://www.siliconrepublic.com/new-media/item/28430-upc-on-demand-tv-to-expand/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭jack presley

End of August for Mulhuddart and probably the rest of D15 that doesn't have it yet

I sent them an email asking and they rang me back yesterday telling me that

• Registered Users Posts: 2,644 ✭✭✭SerialComplaint

TV players are free, box sets are free
    It's worth remembering that it depends on what package you have. I have the bottom of the range digital package, and I can't access the box sets.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,408 ✭✭✭Sunny!!

Kamjana wrote: »

thats great!! was told 13th by upc rep

• Registered Users Posts: 10,790 ✭✭✭✭martingriff

Sunny!! wrote: »
    thats great!! was told 13th by upc rep

Ya I am in limerick and Was told middle to end of August. Its like when the electricity will be turned off in your area and they tell you a time but is on before that. It makes them look good that they worked extra hard. While in fact it is just incase any unforeseen stuff comes up

• Registered Users Posts: 448 ✭✭Bodan

Upc on demand just went live here in Waterford. So far it looks great !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 246 ✭✭Kamjana

Bodan wrote: »
    Upc on demand just went live here in Waterford. So far it looks great !

Im in the city and its not on my TV yet

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 448 ✭✭Bodan

Kamjana wrote: »
    Im in the city and its not on my TV yet

hopefully you will have it in the next few days. AFAIK , they have finished upgrading the network here.

Advertisement