Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What would you do with Tim Tebow?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,146 ✭✭✭Morrisseeee

HigginsJ wrote: »
    tim-tebow-god-jesus-2.jpg

Isn't that.....................you know.................Gandalf :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 36,261 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

So Tebow was a topic of hot discussion on this forum a couple of years ago. Looks like me and others are being proven correct, and he is not going to make it as an NFL QB.

That said, do any believers in brother Tebow forsee an upturn in his fortunes at this point? Where will he go next?

I think Canada is calling myself.

• Registered Users Posts: 754 ✭✭✭themacdaddy

LuckyLloyd wrote: »
    So Tebow was a topic of hot discussion on this forum a couple of years ago. Looks like me and others are being proven correct, and he is not going to make it as an NFL QB.

That said, do any believers in brother Tebow forsee an upturn in his fortunes at this point? Where will he go next?

I think you may be right but I would love to see him stay in the NFL. That's just mainly because I really like the guy. I think he would have something to offer some teams but he will need someone who can really utilise his skills and look after him. With so much talent out there it may be very hard for any team to make a case to move for him over other talent. Saying that he sells jerseys and maybe a team would go for that, however, if that was the case he would be picked for the wrong reasons.

He could stay in the NFL and contribute some if he was willing to play as a Tight End or H Back. It's his insistence on being a QB that will see him out of the NFL.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,139 ✭✭✭Red Crow

The Jets are a mess. I think Tebow has his flaws and I doubt he has the ability to be a QB in the league but he should get a chance in a team that's not crap.

• Advertisement

The Jets are a mess. I think Tebow has his flaws and I doubt he has the ability to be a QB in the league but he should get a chance in a team that's not crap.

Why should he get a chance? He can't grasp an offense and can't make all of the throws required of an NFL QB. Why should a team attempt to put together the perfect offensive setup for him to play under center, when the best result from doing so is a wildcard playoff spot if your defense is above average?

Tebow sucks, and his time as an NFL QB is just about done. He could be a great hybrid offensive option and eke out a decent career as a role player for about the league minimum. He'd need to swallow his pride first though, we'll see.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,971 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

He did make it as a QB. He took over as the starter on a 1-4 team and led them to the playoffs and a playoff win. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

Having one season in the NFL and then being rejected by every other team would be considered not making I'd think.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,860 ✭✭✭nerd69

Having one season in the NFL and then being rejected by every other team would be considered not making I'd think.

He's still in the nfl, he's been in it for more than one year and I doubt every nfl team has already rejected him

I would see about signing him to my marketing team he seems to be a or machine

eagle eye wrote: »
    He did make it as a QB. He took over as the starter on a 1-4 team and led them to the playoffs and a playoff win. :)

Ah right. This period must be a designed test for his believers. Have faith for Brother Tebow will come again as an NFL QB to deliver us from evil!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,965 ✭✭✭Syferus

Ah right. This period must be a designed test for his believers. Have faith for Brother Tebow will come again as an NFL QB to deliver us from evil!

Yeah. Mocking a player's faith will win you the argument. C'mon lads, at least try to stick to football.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,094 ✭✭✭TO.

Seems he wont start in Canada either though. Montreal Alouettes own the rights to him in the CFL. Means if Tebow goes to Canada Montreal get him and it is up to them what he does. And this is what they said about it:

http://newyork.cbslocal.com/2013/04/30/tim-tebow-to-cfl-hed-be-competing-for-backup-job-says-alouettes-gm/
    “If Tim Tebow wants to come to Canada we’d definitely welcome him,” general manager Jim Popp said. “That’s why we have him on our neg list and we’d take a look at him and see if he can play in Canada, but it would obviously be competing for a backup job.”

• Registered Users Posts: 3,093 ✭✭✭Johnny_Fontane

in a league that is generally about winning, this guy proves in his first year, that he can do it and yet suddenly he's being blanked by the league.

I'd put him on a par or ahead of a fitzpatrick, locker, henne, whoever the browns go with, pryor (early days) and ponder (tight one).

would be very interesting to see him play with peterson at the vikings, it would be mayhem at the line of scrimmage.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,971 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

Whats this 'Brother' Tebow muck?

I'm surprised at you, I thought you were smarter than to read what some mediots say or to be hateful towards somebody because their beliefs, or lack of them, differ to your own.

Personally I am not religious in any way. I am not one who goes around thumping the soap box telling others that there is no god either.

What I love is great sportsmen and Tim Tebow is certainly a great sportsman and he has proven that at college level and when he got the starting job with the Broncos. I put up a video of him while the starter with the Broncos where he was sitting talking to Demaryius Thomas after the kid had dropped the ball and what he said to him shows the type of guy he is. He is the guy you want to succeed. Most QBs, especially ones under pressure, would not want to talk to a receiver who dropped the ball.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,369 ✭✭✭UnitedIrishman

The general feeling amongst all fans seems to be - we want Tebow in the NFL.. aslong as its not with my team!

To be honest, I hope the guy gets another chance. He has a great attitude, and I can't really understand why he gets so many disparaging comments just because he is popular with the media. It's not his fault they've hyped him to the last. And yet Jamarcus Russell gets comments of support from people when he's a mess of a QB trying to make a comeback because he's probably pissed everything he had up the wall. I know who I'd want to succeed.

Everyone knows Im not Tebow's biggest fan. I think his QB skills are just still too raw if he has "it" or is a "Winner" as people continue to bang on about over the last few years. But I would like to see him go to a team that has an already established QB and see Tebow sit behind said QB and once and for all get the fixes he needs. He needs development and I have said in recent months I wouldn't mind him sitting behind Brady and the Pats fixing Tebow and making him the complete package. Can it be done who knows but im sure its worth a shot.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,863 ✭✭✭✭Realt Dearg Sec

Yeah, he seems a nice guy, and you've summed it up: we all want him to succeed but nobody really wants him with their own team.

I was reading a WCG article about the draft and the guy was musing in passing about the Bears picking him up, and I was a little worried. The writer, incidentally, thought it would be a good idea, especially as we need a back up. He also notes that Trestman prepared Tebow for the 2010 draft, and seems to have been the one behind the Alouettes decision to take out the option on him moving to the CFL too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

nerd69 wrote: »
    He's still in the nfl, he's been in it for more than one year and I doubt every nfl team has already rejected him

I would see about signing him to my marketing team he seems to be a or machine

When Broncos wanted rid only two teams wanted to trade for him - Jets and Jags. Jags have now said they aren't interested and Jets have just cut him. He might make it onto a team, but it'll be a back-up. The fact teams only seem interested if he switches position says it all. He's failed as a QB in the league, it's time for Tebow to accept this if he wants to continue to be an NFL player who plays on Sundays.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,363 ✭✭✭✭DDC1990

• Registered Users Posts: 1,444 ✭✭✭Dohnny Jepp

eagle eye wrote: »
    Whats this 'Brother' Tebow muck?

What I love is great sportsmen and Tim Tebow is certainly a great sportsman and he has proven that at college level and when he got the starting job with the Broncos. I put up a video of him while the starter with the Broncos where he was sitting talking to Demaryius Thomas after the kid had dropped the ball and what he said to him shows the type of guy he is. He is the guy you want to succeed. Most QBs, especially ones under pressure, would not want to talk to a receiver who dropped the ball.

I agree with this, How Tebow approached Thomas after the drop and what he said, that shows a lot a class. If ever there was a guy you wanted to succeed it is Tebow.

In my opinion he is the perfect back up to any read option QB. redskins, panthers, to a lesser extent sehawks or titans.

• Advertisement

Tebow got an offer:

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/jaguars-dont-want-tebow-185056080.html
    The Omaha Beef indoor football team has a job for Tim Tebow, if the recently unemployed quarterback is interested.

The Nebraska team called the office of Tebow's agent Jimmy Sexton to offer a standard player contract, which includes a salary of $75 a day. Beef assistant GM Andrew Mather told TV station WOWT Omaha Tuesday that he doesn't expect to hear back, but wanted to ask.

Current Beef's quarterback, James McNear, has thrown for 21 touchdowns while leading his team to a 5-1 start, and would welcome Tebow's arrival.

"I think Tim can learn a lot from me."

While Tebow is unlikely to suit up for the beef, he's won't be wearing a Jacksonville Jaguars uniform either, as that team quickly moved to dispel any rumors about their interest in man who won the Heisman Trophy while at the University of Florida.

"The Jacksonville Jaguars' plans do not include Tim Tebow," Jim Woodcock, spokesman for team owner Shad Khan, wrote in an email to the Times-Union Monday.

The statement is consistent with the team's position all along regarding Tebow, amid all the speculation that he would be cut by the Jets.

A year earlier, the Jaguars nearly landed Tebow from Denver, which had recently signed Peyton Manning. The team offered a fourth-round pick and a willingness to pay part of Tebow's salary advance, but he was sent to the Jets instead, who offered Denver a similar deal.

Afterward, Khan told the paper that Tebow didn't want to play for the Jaguars.

"He didn't want to come, obviously. ... Any one of the 53 players we have, have to be committed to Jacksonville, making us be the best team we are," Khan said.

Jacksonville currently has four quarterbacks on the roster: veterans Blaine Gabbert and Chad Henne and undrafted rookies Matt Scott (Arizona) and Jordan Rodgers (Vanderbilt).

The Canadian Football League also seems unlikely as a landing spot. The Montreal Alouettes own Tebow's exclusive CFL negotiating rights, but general manager Jim Popp told the Montreal Gazette that his team has plenty of signal callers.

"We have quarterbacks under contract," Jim Popp told the Gazette. "We're going to camp in a month. We've got a starting quarterback. I'm not out there enticing or trying to convince [Tebow] to come to Montreal because he's [not] going to be a starting quarterback. He would be coming to Montreal to be a backup player ... to learn the game and, maybe, in the future, he'll be able to compete for a starting job."

• Registered Users Posts: 9,860 ✭✭✭nerd69

He'd make a good backup for cam in Carolina

• Registered Users Posts: 1,444 ✭✭✭Dohnny Jepp

TO. wrote: »

I love the "0 butt-fumbles" brilliant!

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 9,629 Mod ✭✭✭✭mayordenis

I have to say I have a lot of time for the description of Cromartie in that

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,523 Mod ✭✭✭✭Amirani

The Jbubuntu Malai thing is hilarious.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 4,978 Mod ✭✭✭✭GoldFour4

nerd69 wrote: »
    He'd make a good backup for cam in Carolina

No thanks! I rather Anderson and Clausen as backups to be honest. The Tebow circus is his worst enemy.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,434 ✭✭✭Jolly Red Giant

Tebow is done in the NFL - the only way he gets another shot is as a TE.

If he wants to throw the ball then he goes to the Arena League - in the pass happy structure of the CFL he wouldn't be able to throw consistently (and most of the CFL teams are stable at QB anyway and wouldn't want the distraction).

Personally I think he ends up as an 'analyst' on some TV channel and makes a healthy living as a 'motivational speaker' on the lecture tour (probably around the bible-belt).

I liked the guy (despite all the Jesus stuff) and hoped he could have made the step up - it is clear he can't.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,434 ✭✭✭Jolly Red Giant

Just a quick comment on this - Denver didn't send Tebow to the Jets - Tebow chose the Jets - Denver actually favoured the deal with the Jags.

• Advertisement

Just a quick comment on this - Denver didn't send Tebow to the Jets - Tebow chose the Jets - Denver actually favoured the deal with the Jags.

I dont think anyone cares about that including the guy who wrote the article but to his defense the article tells us what you just said
    The team offered a fourth-round pick and a willingness to pay part of Tebow's salary advance, but he was sent to the Jets instead, who offered Denver a similar deal.

Afterward, Khan told the paper that Tebow didn't want to play for the Jaguars.

"He didn't want to come, obviously. ... Any one of the 53 players we have, have to be committed to Jacksonville, making us be the best team we are," Khan said.

Advertisement