Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What would you do with Tim Tebow?

Options
  • 19-03-2012 6:08pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 7,510 ✭✭✭

The fallout of the What would you do with Peyton Manning? thread...it could possibly be a bigger thread, not joking

What do you think the Broncos get for him? and where does he endup?

I'm thinking they're going to have to cut him, i dont see many teams wanting to trade for him even if they have a half stable QB position because of the sheer hysteria that follows him.

Even if the Jags trade for or sign him, it mean Glabbert will never get a chance and even if the does and plays well, the fans are going to scream for Tebow not matter what. Although the Jags new owner Khan did say he would have drafted him if he was the owner back then.

What do the Bronco's get for Tebow? 67 votes

They keep him
    0% 0 votes
    1st round pick
    17% 12 votes
    2nd round pick
    8% 6 votes
    3rd round pick
    25% 17 votes
    4th round pick
    17% 12 votes
    5th round pick
    19% 13 votes
    6th round pick
    4% 3 votes
    7th round pick
    0% 0 votes
    They cut him
    5% 4 votes

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,249 ✭✭✭Stev_o

It'll end up the "Tebow Team Thread" just like last time :rolleyes:

Anyway my opinion is pretty is that he either starts or he's not worth the distraction that your going to get. Jags makes the most sense given the complete lack of talent they have across the board, an option offence would elevate their offence.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,965 ✭✭✭Syferus

Broncos will get something for him, he's a young, hugely popular, character guy with exceptional intangibles. Play him correctly and let him grow and you've got yourself the makings of a franchise QB. Someone's going to bite. Miami and the Jags are the obvious candidates, but who knows what Cleveland are thinking? McCoy and Tebow competing for the same job. College fan fiction come true.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,510 ✭✭✭Hazys

Stev_o wrote: »
    It'll end up the "Tebow Team Thread" just like last time :rolleyes:

Anyway my opinion is pretty is that he either starts or he's not worth the distraction that your going to get. Jags makes the most sense given the complete lack of talent they have across the board, an option offence would elevate their offence.

Ya i dont mind where this thread ends up but i wanted to have a poll to see what people think theyll get for him.

What are the possible options? Jags? Dolphins? anybody else a legit possibility?

Dolphins possibly as they have nobody in the QB position now and the owner Ross is probably panicking that he has to sign somebody after the way the offseason is gone.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,299 ✭✭✭spiralism

Dolphins probably, they're in a bad way at QB and it would get most of the state of Florida behind him. Maybe Cleveland to galvanise the fanbase but i hope for Tebow's sake he doesn't go there, it's where careers go to die.

Watch Jeff Ireland blow this up on Miami by insulting Tebow's faith in a conversation or something now.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,363 ✭✭✭✭DDC1990

Option offence with MJD be fairly impressive. Could get the Jags an extra win or 2.

Miami most likely candidate however. Having Seemingly lost out on Flynn, Manning and as a result Smith :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,779 ✭✭✭Benimar

spiralism wrote: »
    Dolphins probably, they're in a bad way at QB and it would get most of the state of Florida behind him. Maybe Cleveland to galvanise the fanbase but i hope for Tebow's sake he doesn't go there, it's where careers go to die.

Watch Jeff Ireland blow this up on Miami by insulting Tebow's faith in a conversation or something now.

Most Dolphin fans don't want him, so Ireland will probably screw this up by actually getting him to sign :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,299 ✭✭✭spiralism

Benimar wrote: »
    Most Dolphin fans don't want him, so Ireland will probably screw this up by actually getting him to sign :rolleyes:

In that case i'm looking forward to seeing your first round pick for Tebow then :D

• Registered Users Posts: 7,779 ✭✭✭Benimar

spiralism wrote: »
    In that case i'm looking forward to seeing your first round pick for Tebow then :D

I would laugh but with Ross and Ireland you just never know.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,941 ✭✭✭✭titan18

Can't see it being the Browns with Holmgren there, and Dolphins and Jags is possible only if their owners overrule the coaches. He'll get traded but not sure if he's starting somewhere

• Registered Users Posts: 7,317 ✭✭✭HigginsJ

Hard to see any team trading too much for him. They might get a 3rd round pick for him. I think when the initial hype dies down he will stay with the Broncos. They will give him maybe 5 play a game. It will help protect/prolong Mannings time there and keep Tebow happy. They already have the option playbook for him so why throw it all away.

There still has to be question mark over Manning and they'll need a plan B just in case he gets injured.

• Advertisement

The Broncos ARE actively trading him. And he's going to be starting come week one.

Anyone who thinks different is letting their personal opinions of Tebow cloud their judgement.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Jaguars for a 2nd round pick, IMO.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,395 ✭✭✭✭mikemac1

He cost a second, third and fourth when McDaniels did the deal with the Ravens

Trade to the Jags but they'd be doing well to get a third

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,510 ✭✭✭Hazys

His value depends on demand.

If only one team wants him he'll just get cut as the Broncos dont want to drag it out.

If two teams want him, which I'm skeptical off, their could be a bidding war but i dont see the 'war' going higher than a 3rd.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,188 ✭✭✭Justin10

The market for Tebow is tiny.

Any team interested just need to sit back and let the Broncos make a mistake.

He could be easily be got for a 4-5th round pick.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,216 ✭✭✭Danger_dave1

Hazys wrote: »
    His value depends on demand.

If only one team wants him he'll just get cut as the Broncos dont want to drag it out.

If two teams want him, which I'm skeptical off, their could be a bidding war but i dont see the 'war' going higher than a 3rd.

+1 Can't see anything but a 3 round pick. What team will give more? Will the dolphins see Tebow as a massive upgrade on Matt Moore?

The Jaguars are different, gabbert seems timid in the pocket, but are they ready to give up on him? Will the owner push a tebow deal. If so the broncos will be lucky to get a second rounder for him.

Is there any other team remotely interested in Tebow to come into there team? The browns? Again what would they be willing to give up?

The Dolphins need something to energise their base and distract from their utter failures over the past year. They need to believe in Tebow as a player, though, or it'd be pointless. There's plenty of people out there that see a spark in Tebow.

• Registered Users Posts: 370 ✭✭UCD AFC

If they can get a 4th or under round pick, trade. Otherwise keep him for some special package/ trick plays

• Registered Users Posts: 37,796 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

I think Belichick might want him. We have a lot of things that make it realistic that they will go after him. Belichick likes good character guys and Tebow is that, Belichick likes players with good leadership qualities and Tebow certainly has that, Belichick likes players that work hard on their game and again Tebow is that.

Then you go Josh McDaniels who drafted Tebow in the first round and I'm sure he'd love to have him in New Engalnd. McDaniels works very well with QBs. Look at what he did with Matt Cassel and then with Kyle Orton.

We already know that Belichick likes Tebow and had a visit with him and a private workout before the draft. Personally I'd love to see him with the Patriots even if its only for deep red zone plays. Last year when I seen Brady getting drilled by Ray Lewis on a QB dive where he scored I was so worried. As it turned out he was fine after it but having somebody to do that stuff instead of Brady would be great.

If Tebow is willing to switch position then I think there would be a lot of teams interested in him. I think he would make an awesome H-back/wildcat QB.

Have to trade away Hoyer first

Not sure what you'd get for him

He looked good against the Bucs in Wembley :)

• Advertisement

No chance of Tebow playing for a team trying to use him as anything but a real QB, he's certainly earned that respect this past year.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,500 ✭✭✭ReacherCreature

mikemac1 wrote: »
    Have to trade away Hoyer first

Not sure what you'd get for him

He looked good against the Bucs in Wembley :)

Hoyer's on the trading block iirc. Looking at a 1st/2nd round pick.

Hoyer's on the trading block iirc. Looking at a 1st/2nd round pick.
    Hoyer hasn't been resigned yet. He is a RFA this year.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,025 ✭✭✭vetinari

I'd say he's either cut or he's kept. Broncos will probably want a 2nd round pick and everyone else is going to play the waiting game. If the Broncos don't want him, they'll have to cut him.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,317 ✭✭✭HigginsJ

eagle eye wrote: »
    I think Belichick might want him. We have a lot of things that make it realistic that they will go after him. Belichick likes good character guys and Tebow is that, Belichick likes players with good leadership qualities and Tebow certainly has that, Belichick likes players that work hard on their game and again Tebow is that.

Then you go Josh McDaniels who drafted Tebow in the first round and I'm sure he'd love to have him in New Engalnd. McDaniels works very well with QBs. Look at what he did with Matt Cassel and then with Kyle Orton.

We already know that Belichick likes Tebow and had a visit with him and a private workout before the draft. Personally I'd love to see him with the Patriots even if its only for deep red zone plays. Last year when I seen Brady getting drilled by Ray Lewis on a QB dive where he scored I was so worried. As it turned out he was fine after it but having somebody to do that stuff instead of Brady would be great.

If Tebow is willing to switch position then I think there would be a lot of teams interested in him. I think he would make an awesome H-back/wildcat QB.

Thats all well and good and your not the 1st person to mention Pats trading for him but I am wondering if contract value could be a huge stumbling block if someone wants him to be something rather than a QB.

What are you going to be willing to pay a guy who will only be a special package/wild cat/trick play guy. He is going into year 3 of a 5 yr $33 million dollar contract. No-one is going to trade that for a guy who might be a running back but you'd have no idea if he could be or not.

As an outside shot how about the Eagles. Could make sense as they need viable back up to Vick who'll get to play at least 5 games next season going on Vicks injury record.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,369 ✭✭✭UnitedIrishman

I reckon the Jags make a move for him before the Broncos cut him. Shahid Khan was fairly sweet on an attempt to trade for him if he became available according to reports.

If he does get cut, there'll no doubt be a good few sides willing to give him a try and see if they can improve his skills.

HigginsJ wrote: »
    Thats all well and good and your not the 1st person to mention Pats trading for him but I am wondering if contract value could be a huge stumbling block if someone wants him to be something rather than a QB.

What are you going to be willing to pay a guy who will only be a special package/wild cat/trick play guy. He is going into year 3 of a 5 yr $33 million dollar contract. No-one is going to trade that for a guy who might be a running back but you'd have no idea if he could be or not.

As an outside shot how about the Eagles. Could make sense as they need viable back up to Vick who'll get to play at least 5 games next season going on Vicks injury record.
    His contract is not worth $33 million, that figure included targets that he was never going to achieve in Denver and a lot of them are Denver specific which don't go forward to another team.

As of now his contract for the next three years is this,

• 2012: $1.942.5 million (fully guaranteed)
    • 2013: $2.266.75 million (fully guaranteed)
    • 2014: $2.590.5 million ($567,500 guaranteed)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,740 ✭✭✭nerd69

eagle eye wrote: »

i dont think so i like mallet and i think the pats do as well no need for 3 starting qbs at a team

HigginsJ wrote: »

That have Mike Kafka who looks a very good young QB

Ok they brought in Vince Young last season on a handsome contract but Kafka seems good enough to be the backup

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,740 ✭✭✭nerd69

mikemac1 wrote: »
    That have Mike Kafka who looks a very good young QB

Ok they brought in Vince Young last season on a handsome contract but Kafka seems good enough to be the backup

i like kafka and i feel he should have been starting instead of young last year but if we can get tebow in for a year or 2 and see what andy ried can do with him i can see either him improving as a passer like vick did or at the very least see him over performing and making another team overpay for him ala aj feely and kevin kolb.
    for me it all comes down to the price a 3rd rounder may be worth a shot anything above that forget it

Advertisement