Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

League of Ireland betting.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,963 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

P.Walnuts wrote: »
    What you think of unders in the Salthill v Rvoers game Gav?

17/10 looks good and Rovers are very goal shy so far this season bar the Drog game

Could be good, although, Salthill -v- Pats ended 2-2 the Monday before last so not sure.

Tolka Rovers could be a decent bet too lads, they should beat Cork Corinthians, supposedly Cork are missing some players due to work commitments too which makes me even more confident (only found this info about a while ago).

• Registered Users Posts: 12,002 ✭✭✭✭ben.schlomo

***League of Ireland Bets***

Its Cup weekend, potentially so much value in some of these games as they’re priced on the tier that they play at rather than how good the team is (Some non-League sides are quality as their players have the ability to play in the League of Ireland but don’t have the time).

I’ve also been onto two of my mates who play football in the same leagues against some of these non-league side and one mate who plays for one of the First Division sides playing.

FRIDAY:

Dundalk –v- Phoenix – 7.45pm

There’s potentially an inplay + handicap bet in this, my mate plays for Phoenix and when I asked if they could snatch anything he said “No hope for us man!”. At 16/1 they could be on a large + handicap, and Dundalk don’t score much. Phoenix +2 for example is 17/10 on PP at the moment, hopefully can get +3 inplay at around evens.

SD Galway –v- Shamrock Rovers – 7.45pm

Again, potentially an inplay + handicap bet in this. As some of you may remember, SD Galway were beating St.Pats the Monday before last in a different Cup match. We have seen Rovers and Pats both play in recent weeks, Pats are a miles better side! At 18/1 they could be a decent + handicap.

Also a point on SD Galway, their pitch is next to the coast and is essentially in a quarry, so the wind there does be mental hence why clubs struggle.

SATURDAY:

St.Patricks CY –v- Cobh Ramblers – 2.30pm

Pats CY play in the highest tier of the Leinster Senior League (amateur league basically below the LoI First Division), they’ve not had the best of season at all this year finding themselves 11th out of 14. But Cobh have been shocking recently, losing last week to SD Galway at home!

We had potentially a large stake bet lined up for this until we found out the match isn’t being played on St.Pats CY pitch (an astro turf pitch), and is instead being placed in a ground 20 mins away.

St.Patricks CY win @ 10/3 (WH) – SMALL STAKE
    St. Patricks CY DNB @ 11/5 (BetVic) – MEDIUM STAKE

Bluebell Utd –v- Athlone Town – 7pm

This has over taken St.Pats CY as my most confident bet. We’ve stated several times in these write ups that I don’t really rate Athlone while Bluebell are 4th in the top tier of the Leinster Senior League (goal difference denying them 3rd atm). Bluebell are a quality LSL side, and they have veteran marksman Trevor Molloy (ex-Shamrock Rovers/Pats/Shels/Bohs player) on their books.

The match isn’t being essentially being played on Bluebells pitch but it’s being played a short distance away.

Bluebell win @ 31/10 (BetVic) – MEDIUM STAKE

Longford Town –v- Pike Rovers 7.30pm

Many of you will remember the tip a few weeks ago of KIlbarrack to beat Pike Rovers (which Kilbarrack won 2-1). Now Kilbarrack/Pike Rovers wouldn’t be on the same par as Bluebell but 10/1 for Pike is serious value.

Pike Rovers generally get hold of some decent ex-League of Ireland players, Jeffrey Judge for example took a break with them a couple of seasons ago and is back with Limerick FC. They have a quality keeper.

Also, I was talking to a mate of mine on Tuesday who is a first team player with Longford, he thinks that they’ll be pushed all the way on Saturday by Pike Rovers.

Pike Rovers DNB @ 11/1 (PP) – SMALL STAKE

The Salthill game is moved to Terryland/Deacy park tonight Gav just so you know.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,759 ✭✭✭P.Walnuts

Could be good, although, Salthill -v- Pats ended 2-2 the Monday before last so not sure.

Tolka Rovers could be a decent bet too lads, they should beat Cork Corinthians, supposedly Cork are missing some players due to work commitments too which makes me even more confident (only found this info about a while ago).

Might go for Asian goaline under 3, 3.5 instead at 2.02 instead.

The pitch news above does make a difference

• Registered Users Posts: 9,351 ✭✭✭magherakid

Bohemians V Drogheda
    Over 2.5 goals 1/1
    Should be goals in this one Drogheda score and concede

Might go for Asian goaline under 3, 3.5 instead at 2.02 instead.

The pitch news above does make a difference

Went with the Asian goaline instead of under 2.5, still a nice win though

• Advertisement

The Salthill game is moved to Terryland/Deacy park tonight Gav just so you know.

Tits, I was on my way to Tolka so only seeing this now, if I had of known that I wouldn't have been on. :(

Just a bet update, Derry City (3pm KO) could be worth a punt against Blarney Utd. Blarney Utd finished 9 points behind Bandon (I seen them play Shelbourne last night, they were dire) in the league. Derry -2 asian could be decent inplay.

Also, Derry are current champions, they'll want a good start to their defense.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,071 ✭✭✭user2011

Any thoughts on LSC Gav? Will Pat's be taking this serious?

user2011 wrote: »
    Any thoughts on LSC Gav? Will Pat's be taking this serious?

Haven't a breeze, I'd have them down as more aimed at the FAI Cup, League and Europe, but with no League matches till Saturday I can see all 4 teams fielding strong teams tonight. Shels and UCD will be 90 minutes of gold no doubt...:(

Was thinking the same. Over 2.5 was 19/20 for shels match.

Wait for line ups regards Pats

• Advertisement

Was thinking the same. Over 2.5 was 19/20 for shels match.

Wait for line ups regards Pats

Over 2.5 could be close, we can't score for our dinner (3-0 against Bandon was modest, should have been double that but so many chances wasted). UCD are hit and miss, can beat Derry and Rovers one week then completely under-perform the next.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭Randomfriend

Not sure longford will be taking this very seriously. Played a shadow team v Drogheda in a more important competition, and lads all over the shop positionally, I'd expect more of the same tonight.

Over 2.5 could be close, we can't score for our dinner (3-0 against Bandon was modest, should have been double that but so many chances wasted). UCD are hit and miss, can beat Derry and Rovers one week then completely under-perform the next.

Just as well I was rushing out the door didn't place it.

Shame Gavin isn't on but i'll take a chance on Shels 15/8 based on below

Hello and welcome to our live updates for tonight's game between Shelbourne and UCD. The line ups should now be on the side of your page. UCD appear to be giveing a chance to lots of their U19 squad for this evenings game while Shels have gone for a strong line up for this Leinster Senior Cup game.

http://www.extratime.ie/fixtures/detail/19636/1/

Just as well I was rushing out the door didn't place it.

Took a moment of genius by Dean Kelly to bring the over 2.5 goals in. The match was so sloppy as I expected.

magherakid wrote: »
    Shame Gavin isn't on but i'll take a chance on Shels 15/8 based on below

Good bet, both sides had chances to win it, but as I said above a moment of genius swung it our way.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭Randomfriend

balls, I doubled shells with pats in play @7.8, just small stakes but ffs if they had to beat Longford could they not do it in normal time.

Took a moment of genius by Dean Kelly to bring the over 2.5 goals in. The match was so sloppy as I expected.

Good bet, both sides had chances to win it, but as I said above a moment of genius swung it our way.

Made some money from the "overs" :pac: Shels to score in the second half at 2.00 :D

St Pats v Limerick
    Limerick have scored in each of their last 34 away league games, run extends back to March 2011

BTTS 5/4
    Limerick goals over 0.5 10/11

***League of Ireland Bets***

St. Patricks Athletic –v- Limerick 5pm (credit to magherakid for this one)

Limerick have scored in each of their last 34 away league games.

Pats have scored in 7 out of 8 of their home matches this season.

Limerick missing loads, Pats full squad, I’ll be about inplay for some of this so may be a Pats Asian bet.

Both Teams To Score @ 6/5 (General) – MEDIUM STAKE

Shelbourne –v- Derry 8pm

Personally hate backing Shels, makes matches more painful to be at but this looks a decent bet.

Derry have conceded 10 goals in their last 4 league games.

An even better stat is Derry have conceded 7 goals in their last 4 away League matches.

Both Teams to Score @ 11/8 (WH) – SMALL STAKE

Finn Harps –v- Athlone 7.45pm

Athlone have only won one game in Finn Park in 20 years, add into the fact that Athlone had to play a cup replay, which went to Extra-time on Tuesday (they lost 3-2) which their first team were nearly all playing in.

Athlone have a full squad to choose from, while Finn Harps are sweating over the fitness of Johnny Bonner, Michéal Doherty and Josh Mailey along with the four suspended players (3 first teamers). I still fully expect Harps to win; they need to win to keep up with the race for the League. No mention of it, but Stephen O’Flynn (decent striker who was with St. Pats last season) has been on trial, not sure if he’s signed or not as of yet but could feature tomorrow if he has.

Finn Harps win @ 11/10 (General) – MEDIUM STAKE

Didn't realise Limerick missing loads Gavin :eek:

Limerick FC
    Injured: Shaun Kelly, Brian O’Callaghan, Pat Purcell, Robbie Williams, Steven McGann and Craig Curran.
    Unavailable due to the Leaving Cert: Shane Costelloe, Barry Sheedy, Darragh Rainsford and James McGrath.
    Doubtful: Patrick Nzuzi.
    Suspended: Alex Bossekota

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 534 ✭✭✭crustyjuggler

Maybe a Pats win and a Sligo win might be a better option than the BTTS in the Pats v Lim .

• Registered Users Posts: 45,292 ✭✭✭✭Bobeagleburger

That's a big injury list!

too late now bets are on wish me luck

Gone Pats -1 Asian and straight Derry double @ 2.56

• Registered Users Posts: 1,426 ✭✭✭montyrebel

wasnt to sure about the pats after the 1st half but they made up for it

Gone Pats -1 Asian and straight Derry double @ 2.56

:D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,818 ✭✭✭Bateman

Solid bet on the overs in the Drogheda game tonight I would have thought, only one of their home games this season has had less than 3 goals.

Bateman wrote: »
    Solid bet on the overs in the Drogheda game tonight I would have thought, only one of their home games this season has had less than 3 goals.

Literally about to post the same thing....

Over and Drogs worth a shout?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,818 ✭✭✭Bateman

Don't fancy Drogs at the prices myself, could be another high-scoring draw. Drogs have drawn 2-2 with us at home, 2-2 with Cork at home, and 2-2 with Dundalk away already this season. They are to 2-2s what Rovers are to 0-0s :D

• Advertisement

Anyone know if Limerick have any of their players back for tomorrow?

Their website seems to be stuck in last week

Advertisement