Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

League of Ireland betting.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,759 ✭✭✭P.Walnuts

Torn between Drogs/Derry and UCD/Limerick, not sure which one to go overs...

Any ideas, UCD's home scoring record doesn't fill me with confidence, both are 21/20.....thinking of going with Drogs/Derry, any thoughts?

• Registered Users Posts: 534 ✭✭✭crustyjuggler

I went over 2.5 in UCD match , Drogs v Derry BTTS , Cork City BTTS , ShamrocK BTTS no and Pats win .

P.Walnuts wrote: »
    Torn between Drogs/Derry and UCD/Limerick, not sure which one to go overs...

Any ideas, UCD's home scoring record doesn't fill me with confidence, both are 21/20.....thinking of going with Drogs/Derry, any thoughts?

Happy with the choice :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,412 ✭✭✭francie81

Accum gone on 1st hurdle thanks to Limerick:(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,344 ✭✭✭Lamposts

Any tips for tonight??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 762 ✭✭✭jebus84

Lamposts wrote: »
    Any tips for tonight??

fancy limerick to beat waterford tonight hopeless in front of goal and away record is very poor plus they their manager resigned over the weekend

limerick -1
    limerick to win and not concede

• Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭CD-R 80

jebus84 wrote: »
    fancy limerick to beat waterford tonight hopeless in front of goal and away record is very poor plus they their manager resigned over the weekend

limerick -1
    limerick to win and not concede

Gotta assume sligo will be chomping at the bit having not had a game in so long. Any team news?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,963 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

Gutted I was in work till 8, team news was quality for the likes of Drogs and Sligo!

Anyone know what kind of teams Rovers and Dundalk will put out tonight?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,023 ✭✭✭applehunter

http://twitpic.com/cs8ikq

A lot of 2nd string players in the that lineup.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,351 ✭✭✭magherakid

5 changes for Shamrock and 3 for Dundalk

Over 2.5 goals 11/10
    BTTS 11/10

• Registered Users Posts: 6,023 ✭✭✭applehunter

I like the overs as well.

3/1 over 3.5 for a small stake too.

Limerick v Sligo
    Sligo 5/6

On Friday night [May 24th] Limerick FC will host Sligo Rovers at Thomond Park in a game that will be broadcast live on RTE2 with a 7.05pm kick off. The Superblues go into the game with a number of selection headaches as Stuart Taylor faces his biggest injury crisis of the season.

Pat Purcell is definitely out, following an injury picked up in last Friday’s game against UCD. Steven McGann has two broken bones in his foot following an injury sustained against Waterford United in the EA Sports Cup on Monday night. Dom Foley and Robbie Williams will both definitely miss the game.

Dave O’Leary, Brian O’Callaghan, Aaron Brown, Shaun Kelly, Shane Costelloe and Barry Ryan are all doubtful for tomorrow’s game, though they will undergo late fitness tests. Craig Curran is expected to play wearing protective headgear. Jeffrey Judge will miss the game as a result of the Red Card received against UCD in our last League game.

For the visitors, Evan McMillan and long term absentee Danny North are both out of the Sligo Rovers squad, but Ian Barraclough will welcome back Gavin Peers and David Cawley from suspension and is also buoyed by the return of Ciaran Kelly and Seamis Conneely from injury. Sligo were not in league action last weekend as a result of the postponement of their game against Dundalk at the Showgrounds, but they did record an impressive 4-0 victory over Mervue United in the EA Sports Cup on Monday night, so have no fears of a lack of match fitness.

Sligo are currently top of the Airtricity League table on goal diference, having played a game less than St.Pat’s though they have gathered only one point more than the Superblues in their five most recent league games. The previous meeting between the two sides resulted in a 2-1 to Sligo in the Showgrounds in what was a largely even contest.

http://www.limerickfc.ie/sligo-preview

• Registered Users Posts: 534 ✭✭✭crustyjuggler

I'm going for 7 wins . Derry , Pats , Rovers , Drogs , Dundalk , Athlone and Cobh . Any thoughts ?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,196 ✭✭✭MonkstownHoop

I'm going for 7 wins . Derry , Pats , Rovers , Drogs , Dundalk , Athlone and Cobh . Any thoughts ?

no doubt rovers will let you down :mad:

***LEAGUE OF IRELAND BETS***

An assortment of 4 Medium Bets and 1 Large Bet!

Limerick FC -v- Sligo Rovers - 7.05pm (LIVE ON RTE2)

Top of the table Sligo visit Limerick tonight who sit in 7th.

Both teams played on Monday in the League Cup, Sligo coasted to a 3-0 win while Limerick had to endure extra-time and penalites (large amount of their squad were first teamers)!

Sligo have the best away defensive record in the league this season while Limerick have only scored 6 goals at home this year. Half of those were against UCD and 2 were from set pieces against Bohemians.

The big news is on the injury front, Sligo have one or two missing but Limerick could struggle badly! Limerick could be missing 12 players! Experienced keeper Barry Ryan is a doubt, 4 first team defenders could be out, few midfielders and a striker who's played every game and scored 2 goals.

Ideally people should wait till team news is available on Twitter or Extratime.ie, if the likes of Barry Ryan, David O'Leary, Shaun Kelly, Brian O'Callaghan Craig Curran, Aaron Brown, and Robbie Williams this could be upgraded this bet could be upgraded to a LARGE STAKE.

Sligo win @ 17/20 (WH) - MEDIUM STAKE

Derry City -v- Cork City - 7.45pm

There was murmurings mid-week that Corks manager was due to be sacked, that turned out to be false. Cork travel the 1000Km round trip to Derry this Friday evening.
    Derry welcome 3 first team players back this week, while Cork are going to be without experienced defenders Kevin and Dan Murray along with strikers Danny Furlong (8 matches, 1 goal) and Denis Behan (12 matches, 2 goals).

Derrys last home match was a shock 4-2 loss to UCD, while Corks last away was a 2-1 win over a week Bohs side which had doubts over whether their assistant manager was leaving or not! Derry have mended there ways beating Drogheda 3-2 last weekend while Cork lost 3-1 at home to Bray.

Derry will want to will to keep the pressure on St. Pats and Sligo, and I can see them doing that. Derry are a serious force to be reckoned with at home in my opinion!

Derry -1 asian @ 21/20 (Bet365) - MEDIUM STAKE

Bray Wanderers -v- Drogheda Utd - 7.45pm

Going to be a quick one on this.

Bray have had 9 matches out of 14 with Over 2.5 goals this season.

Drogs have had 12 matches out of 14 with Over 2.5 goals this season.

Head to Head: Over 2.5 goals and BTTS have come in, in the last 6 games between these sides, with Drogs winning 5 and Bray 1.

Both Teams To Score @ 7/10 (Ladbrokes) - MEDIUM STAKE
    Over 2.5 Goals @ 5/6 (BetVictor and Ladbrokes) - MEDIUM STAKE

Cobh Ramblers -v- SD Galway - 7.45pm

Although 2nd last in the table Cobhs home form is decent, 2 wins, 2 draws and a loss. Scoring 16 and conceding 10.

While SDs away form is dire, 0 wins, 1 draw and 4 losses. Scoring 4 and conceding 11.

Cobh didn't play on Monday in the Cup, so will be fresh for this match. While SD Galway played their first team squad on Monday in the Cup against St.Pats which went to Extra-time. Bear in mind these two teams are fully amateur, the last thing SD Galway want is a 450Km round trip to Cobh.

The big news is John Meade (Captain) is back after missing last weekends 5-1 loss to Longford. I can't find anything as to why their top goalscorer Davin O'Neill didn't play last weekend but he looks good to be playing this fixture!

Cobh win @ EVENS (Paddy Power) - LARGE STAKE

no doubt rovers will let you down :mad:

Not likely, we've loads injured/doubtful. Hughes and Kelly played last week injured ffs! :( Although I'm fairly certain our new manager will be in the stands so players will want to be giving 110%!

• Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭CD-R 80

Yeah, go very large stakes.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,303 ✭✭✭Lasagna Diarra

Have Limerick already played in a televised game this season? I'm worried that Limerick will play with extra motivation cuz the game's televised.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,999 ✭✭✭✭ben.schlomo

Have Limerick already played in a televised game this season? I'm worried that Limerick will play with extra motivation cuz the game's televised.

First weekend they drew at home to Cork in Thomond on the Sunday afternoon.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,667 ✭✭✭Randomfriend

Mervue United Injured: Alex Lee (foot), Gary Curran (knee) Gary Shanahan (foot)

Doubtful: Tom King (hamstring), Jason Molloy (ankle), Marc Ludden (foot), Noel Varley (back) Martin Conneely (knee)

Suspended: Barry O’Mahony

I'm pretty sure of the doubts, that Tom King is Fit, himself and Curran are huge players for them, but if neither are in the squad I suggest going big on Longford.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,293 ✭✭✭Dio On The Doubles

I like the look of the Bray v Drogs match for BTTS as mentioned above in Gavin's thread. Gonna take BTTS and Drogs win at 11/4 on Powers.

• Registered Users Posts: 190 ✭✭ciaran1988

Any team news for UCD. Will they have a first team out with all the exams on

Looks like Limerick's injury list isn't to bad after all Curran the only notable absence

Dave O’Leary, Brian O’Callaghan, Shaun Kelly, and Barry Ryan all start

Aaron Brown and Shane Costelloe on the bench

• Registered Users Posts: 2,715 ✭✭✭upandcumming

ciaran1988 wrote: »
    Any team news for UCD. Will they have a first team out with all the exams on

Exams over.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,667 ✭✭✭Randomfriend

Mervue United Injured: Alex Lee (foot), Gary Curran (knee) Gary Shanahan (foot)

Doubtful: Tom King (hamstring), Jason Molloy (ankle), Marc Ludden (foot), Noel Varley (back) Martin Conneely (knee)

Suspended: Barry O’Mahony

I'm pretty sure of the doubts, that Tom King is Fit, himself and Curran are huge players for them, but if neither are in the squad I suggest going big on Longford.

Going down to 10 men surely didn't help but still 2-1 win, hurray

• Registered Users Posts: 2,715 ✭✭✭upandcumming

Going down to 10 men surely didn't help but still 2-1 win, hurray
    TOWN TOWN TOWN! :D

***League of Ireland Bets***

Its Cup weekend, potentially so much value in some of these games as they’re priced on the tier that they play at rather than how good the team is (Some non-League sides are quality as their players have the ability to play in the League of Ireland but don’t have the time).

I’ve also been onto two of my mates who play football in the same leagues against some of these non-league side and one mate who plays for one of the First Division sides playing.

FRIDAY:

Dundalk –v- Phoenix – 7.45pm

There’s potentially an inplay + handicap bet in this, my mate plays for Phoenix and when I asked if they could snatch anything he said “No hope for us man!”. At 16/1 they could be on a large + handicap, and Dundalk don’t score much. Phoenix +2 for example is 17/10 on PP at the moment, hopefully can get +3 inplay at around evens.

SD Galway –v- Shamrock Rovers – 7.45pm

Again, potentially an inplay + handicap bet in this. As some of you may remember, SD Galway were beating St.Pats the Monday before last in a different Cup match. We have seen Rovers and Pats both play in recent weeks, Pats are a miles better side! At 18/1 they could be a decent + handicap.

Also a point on SD Galway, their pitch is next to the coast and is essentially in a quarry, so the wind there does be mental hence why clubs struggle.

SATURDAY:

St.Patricks CY –v- Cobh Ramblers – 2.30pm

Pats CY play in the highest tier of the Leinster Senior League (amateur league basically below the LoI First Division), they’ve not had the best of season at all this year finding themselves 11th out of 14. But Cobh have been shocking recently, losing last week to SD Galway at home!

We had potentially a large stake bet lined up for this until we found out the match isn’t being played on St.Pats CY pitch (an astro turf pitch), and is instead being placed in a ground 20 mins away.

St.Patricks CY win @ 10/3 (WH) – SMALL STAKE
    St. Patricks CY DNB @ 11/5 (BetVic) – MEDIUM STAKE

Bluebell Utd –v- Athlone Town – 7pm

This has over taken St.Pats CY as my most confident bet. We’ve stated several times in these write ups that I don’t really rate Athlone while Bluebell are 4th in the top tier of the Leinster Senior League (goal difference denying them 3rd atm). Bluebell are a quality LSL side, and they have veteran marksman Trevor Molloy (ex-Shamrock Rovers/Pats/Shels/Bohs player) on their books.

The match isn’t being essentially being played on Bluebells pitch but it’s being played a short distance away.

Bluebell win @ 31/10 (BetVic) – MEDIUM STAKE

Longford Town –v- Pike Rovers 7.30pm

Many of you will remember the tip a few weeks ago of KIlbarrack to beat Pike Rovers (which Kilbarrack won 2-1). Now Kilbarrack/Pike Rovers wouldn’t be on the same par as Bluebell but 10/1 for Pike is serious value.

Pike Rovers generally get hold of some decent ex-League of Ireland players, Jeffrey Judge for example took a break with them a couple of seasons ago and is back with Limerick FC. They have a quality keeper.

Also, I was talking to a mate of mine on Tuesday who is a first team player with Longford, he thinks that they’ll be pushed all the way on Saturday by Pike Rovers.

Pike Rovers DNB @ 11/1 (PP) – SMALL STAKE

• Registered Users Posts: 3,377 ✭✭✭Smithwicks Man

***League of Ireland Bets***

Its Cup weekend, potentially so much value in some of these games as they’re priced on the tier that they play at rather than how good the team is (Some non-League sides are quality as their players have the ability to play in the League of Ireland but don’t have the time).

I’ve also been onto two of my mates who play football in the same leagues against some of these non-league side and one mate who plays for one of the First Division sides playing.

FRIDAY:

Dundalk –v- Phoenix – 7.45pm

There’s potentially an inplay + handicap bet in this, my mate plays for Phoenix and when I asked if they could snatch anything he said “No hope for us man!”. At 16/1 they could be on a large + handicap, and Dundalk don’t score much. Phoenix +2 for example is 17/10 on PP at the moment, hopefully can get +3 inplay at around evens.

SD Galway –v- Shamrock Rovers – 7.45pm

Again, potentially an inplay + handicap bet in this. As some of you may remember, SD Galway were beating St.Pats the Monday before last in a different Cup match. We have seen Rovers and Pats both play in recent weeks, Pats are a miles better side! At 18/1 they could be a decent + handicap.

Also a point on SD Galway, their pitch is next to the coast and is essentially in a quarry, so the wind there does be mental hence why clubs struggle.

SATURDAY:

St.Patricks CY –v- Cobh Ramblers – 2.30pm

Pats CY play in the highest tier of the Leinster Senior League (amateur league basically below the LoI First Division), they’ve not had the best of season at all this year finding themselves 11th out of 14. But Cobh have been shocking recently, losing last week to SD Galway at home!

We had potentially a large stake bet lined up for this until we found out the match isn’t being played on St.Pats CY pitch (an astro turf pitch), and is instead being placed in a ground 20 mins away.

St.Patricks CY win @ 10/3 (WH) – SMALL STAKE
    St. Patricks CY DNB @ 11/5 (BetVic) – MEDIUM STAKE

Bluebell Utd –v- Athlone Town – 7pm

This has over taken St.Pats CY as my most confident bet. We’ve stated several times in these write ups that I don’t really rate Athlone while Bluebell are 4th in the top tier of the Leinster Senior League (goal difference denying them 3rd atm). Bluebell are a quality LSL side, and they have veteran marksman Trevor Molloy (ex-Shamrock Rovers/Pats/Shels/Bohs player) on their books.

The match isn’t being essentially being played on Bluebells pitch but it’s being played a short distance away.

Bluebell win @ 31/10 (BetVic) – MEDIUM STAKE

Longford Town –v- Pike Rovers 7.30pm

Many of you will remember the tip a few weeks ago of KIlbarrack to beat Pike Rovers (which Kilbarrack won 2-1). Now Kilbarrack/Pike Rovers wouldn’t be on the same par as Bluebell but 10/1 for Pike is serious value.

Pike Rovers generally get hold of some decent ex-League of Ireland players, Jeffrey Judge for example took a break with them a couple of seasons ago and is back with Limerick FC. They have a quality keeper.

Also, I was talking to a mate of mine on Tuesday who is a first team player with Longford, he thinks that they’ll be pushed all the way on Saturday by Pike Rovers.

Pike Rovers DNB @ 11/1 (PP) – SMALL STAKE

Great write-up again Gav, good stuff!

• Advertisement

What you think of unders in the Salthill v Rvoers game Gav?

17/10 looks good and Rovers are very goal shy so far this season bar the Drog game

Advertisement