Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

League of Ireland betting.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,351 ✭✭✭magherakid

WHUFC starting XI: Jaaskelainen, Demel, Collins, Bramble, Potts, Diarra, Collison, Nolan, Cole, Jarvis, Maiga

WHUFC substitutes: Adrian, Tomkins, Reid, Rat, Noble, Morrison, Whitehead, Vaz Te, Taylor, McCallum

• Registered Users Posts: 922 ✭✭✭Fitzcal

magherakid wrote: »
    WHUFC starting XI: Jaaskelainen, Demel, Collins, Bramble, Potts, Diarra, Collison, Nolan, Cole, Jarvis, Maiga

WHUFC substitutes: Adrian, Tomkins, Reid, Rat, Noble, Morrison, Whitehead, Vaz Te, Taylor, McCallum

With those lineups West ham -1 looks very tempting

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 769 ✭✭✭Twoandahalfmen

Fitzcal wrote: »
    With those lineups West ham -1 looks very tempting

If only I saw this.

You could of done -3 say that was about 20/1

• Registered Users Posts: 17,963 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

Dundalk –v- Bohemians – 7.45pm

Bohs have lost 4 of their last 5 matches, scoring just once and conceding 8 goals! They haven’t won a match since April which seems them 2nd last in the League with Shelbourne on their heels.

Dundalk on the other half have completely turned around from the side they were last season, finding themselves in 4th place in the League and still in with a fighting chance of winning the League according to their manager. Dundalk have won 4 out of their last 5 matches, their loss came against Limerick were they threw away a 2-0 lead.

Dundalk play on an artificial pitch, so generally have a slight advantage over teams. Only concern I have is their away form has been unreal since the start of the season, whereas there home form is just turning the corner in the past 5 games.

Bohs are potentially without 1 midfielder who’s played 18 games out of 19 this season, scoring 2 goals. They’re also missing 3 other fairly regular midfielders too. It will leave Bohs with 4 regular midfielders but will limit them when it comes to impact subs!

Dundalk -1 asian (Bet365) @ 1.85 - MEDIUM STAKE

Athlone Town –v- Cobh Ramblers – 7.45pm

Athlone find themselves in 2nd place, just 4 points off Longford. While Cobh are 2nd last, after a good start to the season they’ve faded off somewhat.

Athlone have won their last 4 League games, keeping 3 clean sheets in the process. When you look at home form, they’ve won 4 of their last 5, losing just once. Scoring 10 and conceding 1.

Cobh have lost 3, drawn 1 and win 1 in their last 5 matches. The main stat thought is they HAVE NOT won away from home all season, 4 draws and 4 losses. They’ve conceded 17 and scored just 6 in those 8 away games.

Athlone win (BetVictor) @ 4/7 - MEDIUM STAKE
    Athlone -1 asian (Bet365) @ 1.98 - SMALL STAKE

Inplay Bets to keep an eye on:
    BTTS Shamrock Rovers and Derry - Rovers (8pm – LIVE ON SETANTA IRELAND) scored at least once in every home match this season, only team in the league to do so while Derry have scored more goals than any other team in the league, 38 goals! Derry have scored at least one goal in 89% of their away matches. 11/10 with Coral.

Got Cork -1 at 16/5
    And shamrock rovers BTTS at evens

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,818 ✭✭✭Bateman

I think we'll get something in Dundalk. Our away form is considerably better than our home form and their home form is also considerably worse than their away form. 1-1 draw, we are at least due to score a goal and Dundalk do concede at home.

Bateman wrote: »
    I think we'll get something in Dundalk. Our away form is considerably better than our home form and their home form is also considerably worse than their away form. 1-1 draw, we are at least due to score a goal and Dundalk do concede at home.

Bohs look way to weak in defense, that goal they conceded to Limerick was shocking, Axel ran through 3 Bohs players on the edge of the box! Granted Heary is possibly back to add some experience into the area but still think Dundalk will try and take full advantage of Pats and Sligo not playing till Sunday.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,194 ✭✭✭FatRat

I took Athlone and BTTS in the Rovers and Derry game @ 2/1

• Registered Users Posts: 4,818 ✭✭✭Bateman

Bohs look way to weak in defense, that goal they conceded to Limerick was shocking, Axel ran through 3 Bohs players on the edge of the box! Granted Heary is possibly back to add some experience into the area but still think Dundalk will try and take full advantage of Pats and Sligo not playing till Sunday.

Don't get me wrong, I wouldn't back us to keep a clean sheet but Dundalk's home results suggest Kenny hasn't figured out the plastic pitch yet so their perceived advantage isn't borne out by results (unless you put your faith in their last few games alone). They have a Home GD of -1 on the season and I think we can nick a goal and get a 1-1. I have no doubt that like you say they'll be out to get points on the board in advance of the Pat's v Sligo game but wanting it and getting it are two different things.

• Registered Users Posts: 721 ✭✭✭jkelly85

Going with Waterford united to beat mervue utd

Waterford 3 new signings are available while mervue missing there best player king

Waterford to win 10/11
    Waterford -1 11/4

Both with PP

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,071 ✭✭✭user2011

Odds on Dundalk are drifting a bit too just looking at Oddsportal. Bohs odds have been shortening since 2am 7.00 into 5.25 now

And gone back out too 6.50 lol.

Sligo v St Pats
    BTTS 1/1
    St Pats have score in 8 of 9 away league games, i would fancy Sligo to score at home with St Pats only having 2 days rest playing mid week

magherakid wrote: »
    Sligo v St Pats
    BTTS 1/1
    St Pats have score in 8 of 9 away league games, i would fancy Sligo to score at home with St Pats only having 2 days rest playing mid week

boom :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,071 ✭✭✭user2011

Some movement in the LSC with Rovers/Dundalk. All Rovers in from 5/6 to 4/9

I just read Kenny said he'll be playing the kids.

user2011 wrote: »
    Some movement in the LSC with Rovers/Dundalk. All Rovers in from 5/6 to 4/9

I just read Kenny said he'll be playing the kids.

Dundalk most likely will too, bear in mind the U19s season only kicks off next month so I doubt many of them will be lining out, will be moreso reserve sides, and I'd guess Rovers may be better equipped.

• Registered Users Posts: 209 ✭✭Tarzann

Gavin move with the Stephen Kenny times :P

Tarzann wrote: »
    Gavin move with the Stephen Kenny times :P

Things are a bit hectic at the moment with myself (finishing up with my old job, getting sorted with my new job and off away on holidays in 24 hours so lacking time) so no write up as such.

Oddschecker is down atm so can't compare prices properly.

I'm on Bray DNB, Dundalk DNB, and Wexford/Waterford BTTS.

Bray DNB - By the sounds of it Heary will be playing for the draw or at least trying to not concede (they can't score for their dinner lately) Heary said this today "“The lads know they have to defend with their lives." They don't score and if they don't concede this will be a refund minimum. Asian Handicap 0 on Bet365 is better value than the DNB on Bet365.

Dundalk DNB - Dundalk great away record -v- Corks dire home record. Again value in the Asian 0 on Bet365 over the DNB odds.

Waterford Utd have scored in their last 20 away matches in the League! Wexford have scored 10 in their last 5 home games!

Athlone -1 Asian looks decent too, but they screwed me over last week so avoiding.

Could someone tell me how many games are played each season in the IPL.
    And how many teams are promoted and relegated.
    Thanks.

Thanks.

Irish Premier League? As in the League up in Northern Ireland?

2 teams are relegated and there's 33 games played I think (12 teams, play each other 3 times)

If you meant the League of Ireland, the bottom team is relegated with the team 2nd last going into a playoff match with the team that finishes 2nd in the First Division. 33 matches in the League of Ireland.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,037 ✭✭✭✭ben.schlomo

Thanks.
    Indian Premier League cricket is it?

• Registered Users Posts: 189 ✭✭royalflush2003

Lovely treble tonight - bray , merve, and shells , all homes and should win :-) around 17/1 ... Get on ittttttrr

• Registered Users Posts: 1,668 ✭✭✭Corkbah

Lovely treble tonight - bray , merve, and shells , all homes and should win :-) around 17/1 ... Get on ittttttrr

really ??? shels bottom of the league (Sorry Gav), playing terrible (SorryGav) and you think because they are playing at home they will win !!

U2.5 could be a good bet in the Shels game ...previous game was 0-0.

Strangely I think BTTS in Cork game could be worth a punt (Cork at home against an in form dundalk) .... I strangely fancy Cork to win ...and at 2/1 it could be worth a sneaky fiver .... 1-1 and 2-1 would be my bet.

While Cork have had a really bad time recently - they did manage to raise their game for Sligo at home...and could possibly raise it again tonight.

Corkbah wrote: »
    really ??? shels bottom of the league (Sorry Gav), playing terrible (SorryGav) and you think because they are playing at home they will win !!

U2.5 could be a good bet in the Shels game ...previous game was 0-0.

Strangely I think BTTS in Cork game could be worth a punt (Cork at home against an in form dundalk) .... I strangely fancy Cork to win ...and at 2/1 it could be worth a sneaky fiver .... 1-1 and 2-1 would be my bet.

While Cork have had a really bad time recently - they did manage to raise their game for Sligo at home...and could possibly raise it again tonight.

Ehhhh hello , playing bad???? They beat cork last week and they had just beaten Sligo ..... How is winning ever been bad ????? 😱😱😱

First off it's Shels! Shells are what are on the beach!
    Ehhhh hello , playing bad???? They beat cork last week and they had just beaten Sligo ..... How is winning ever been bad ????? 😱😱😱

We got very lucky last week against Cork could have went either way, I'd bite your hand off for a draw tonight and say the players will be happy with a draw too.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,759 ✭✭✭P.Walnuts

Any thoughts on Mervue tonight?

Won 3 of last 4 at home ( loss to Longford), Finn Harps in woeful form, lost their last 3 away games....

• Registered Users Posts: 12,037 ✭✭✭✭ben.schlomo

P.Walnuts wrote: »
    Any thoughts on Mervue tonight?

Won 3 of last 4 at home ( loss to Longford), Finn Harps in woeful form, lost their last 3 away games....
    Both Mervue and Harps are horribly unpredictable in my opinion, have been stung by both too many times this season to be interested in a game between the two. Mervue missing captain Tom King and one or two others but have top scorer Ryan Manning fit, Harps have three new players brought in and 3/4 left. Maybe Mervue double chance but imagine the odds would be muck.

First off it's Shels! Shells are what are on the beach!

We got very lucky last week against Cork could have went either way, I'd bite your hand off for a draw tonight and say the players will be happy with a draw too.

Well we all need a little bit of luck - so maybe shells got it last week and didn't get much before - so that means there luck is in , like our sun , here for a long time !!
    As regards shells - yes you do get them on the beach , also you get shels on the beach too - pernounce both words as they are written and they mean the same - I like shells not shels , hope that doesn't upset your day, you obviously just a blow in fan ! As you delighted with a draw ! Embarrassing to say the least -
    Leave the real tipping to the big boys , small fry :-)

Well we all need a little bit of luck - so maybe shells got it last week and didn't get much before - so that means there luck is in , like our sun , here for a long time !!
    As regards shells - yes you do get them on the beach , also you get shels on the beach too - pernounce both words as they are written and they mean the same - I like shells not shels , hope that doesn't upset your day, you obviously just a blow in fan ! As you delighted with a draw ! Embarrassing to say the least -

Ha !! (thats all I can say) .... Gavin ... thats gotta hurt !!

• Advertisement

wouldn't be surprised if your treble were all draws (which would be bigger odds more than likely) .... €10 wins €330 ...so 32/1 for all three to draw !!

Advertisement