Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

League of Ireland betting.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,963 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

Reckon so too Gavin on Molde it's one of the better draws (even for man u barstools in the town!!) as they haven't been firing this year.

Bookies still have Sligo lower odds for outright league win than some above them. Think they are expecting a slump too. Sligo just need to kick on from UCD and keep bagging goals. Although it is Shels next if I remember right!

Thankfully the foaming Man Utd "barstoolers" won't be able to get tickets to it. :D

Yup, Sligo come to Tolka on Friday! I can see Pats hitting their annual League sliump, not 100% about Sligo.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,293 ✭✭✭Dio On The Doubles

I see my hyperactive auto correct was at it again on this new phone :)

I'm looking at this Shels game with caution. Ye got a good eye for goal the last day against Bohs. Sligo have a good defence though - should be a good game.

Agreed on Sligo for the league. There is rumoured to be a good few cliques in squad which isn't good and Elding is rumoured to be on the way out in transfer window.

I see my hyperactive auto correct was at it again on this new phone :)

I'm looking at this Shels game with caution. Ye got a good eye for goal the last day against Bohs. Sligo have a good defence though - should be a good game.

Agreed on Sligo for the league. There is rumoured to be a good few cliques in squad which isn't good and Elding is rumoured to be on the way out in transfer window.

Unfortunately Dean Kelly will be out for us on Friday, so the majority of our goal threats from the Bohs match won't be available on Friday! Memery is out too which is a big loss in defence.

Zayed will most likely be going to Sligo, with Elding off to Limerick.

***League of Ireland Bets***

After the summer break the League is back, which hopefully can get us back to our winning ways of the start of the season!

Derry City –v- Bohemians – 7.45pm

2nd –v- 10th

Last day out, Bohs were hammered by Shels 3-0 in a match which could have been a lot worse for Bohs. Being at the match itself I’ve seen first-hand how tactically bad they are and how unorganised a team they are.

Derry are 3 wins, and 1 draw in their last 4 games, while Bohs are 2 losses and 2 draws in their last 4, having conceded 8 goals and just scoring 1 (that being on the 17th May).

Derry City will be without league top scorer Rory Patterson through suspension but they have plenty of firepower to cover his absence.

Bohs could be very depleted!
    Out:
    Owen Heary (Captain, Defender, 8 games, 1 goal), Derek Pender (Defender, 16 games, 0 goals), Dave Mulcahy (Midfielder, 13 games, 2 goals)
    Left the club:
    Dwayne Wilson (Midfielder, 5 games, 1 goal), Shane Fitzgerald (Midfielder, 2 games, 0 goals)
    Doubtful:
    Dave Scully (Striker, 15 games, 0 goals), Ryan McEvoy (Midfielder, 17 games, 2 goals), Stephen Traynor (Midfiedler, 10 games, 0 goals), Kevin O'Leary (Midfielder, 3 games, 0 goals).

Considering they have a squad of about 25 players (2 being keepers), with possibly up to 9 players out that will leave them struggling to field a bench!

The reserve fixture finished 4-0 to Derry, although I don’t see it being as high this time around it should be at least 2 or 3 nil. Bohs will want to set up very defensive for the first half imo and try counter. Derry will know if Pats slip up against Bray they can go top with winning margin of 3 or more.

Derry City -1 normal @ 11/10 (General) – MEDIUM STAKE (possibly LARGE when the teams are announced)

UCD –v- Cork City – 7.45pm

On paper, people will write UCD off, but they are able to pick up points and I think they will get something from this game.

Cork have been decent on the road while UCD aren’t bad at home.

Rumours are doing the rounds that McMillan (UCD’s top goalscorer) is departing them in July so will want to leave a mark.

Supposedly Cork Citys manager Tommy Dunne stated in an interview to the local newspaper that he made some comments about seeing the back of the players for a week. Rumours in Cork with regards to unhappy players and fans. There was already a “protest” banner at the last home match from Cork fans.

No team news as of yet.

UCD win @ 3/1 (Coral) – SMALL STAKE
    UCD DNB @ 7/4 (PP/Laddies) – MEDIUM STAKE

Athlone –v- Mervue – 7.45
    Decent recent home form –v- dire recent away form

Athlone 10 points in their last 5 home games, 4 goals conceded with 10 scored

Mervue 2 points in their last 5 home games, 9 goals conceded with 4 scored

Roddy Collins will want to keep the pace up on their local rivals at the top of the table.
    No major team news .

Athlone win @ 21/20 (PP) – MEDIUM STAKE

Just if anyone wants an interest bet, Philly Hughes is possibly set to play his last game for Shelbourne tonight, he’s 10/3 anytime with WH, on paper it’s dire value since he hasn’t scored this season, but our main striker is injured and Hughes will want his term at Shels to go out with a bang!

Just hearing that David McMillan has signed for Sligo. I was hoping this would happen. Also think that Ciaran Kilduff to Cork is great news for Cork.

• Advertisement

Just hearing that David McMillan has signed for Sligo. I was hoping this would happen. Also think that Ciaran Kilduff to Cork is great news for Cork.

Looking very likely Zayed to Rovers is on the cards now with Elding to Limerick.

Looking very likely Zayed to Rovers is on the cards now with Elding to Limerick.

That Limerick rumour seems to be gathering pace. I think he was about to sign for them before Sligo too. Limerick badly need another striker anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,303 ✭✭✭Lasagna Diarra

Why would Sligo sell their top scorer to a mid table team? :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,196 ✭✭✭MonkstownHoop

because he is a loose canon

Yeah defenders seem to have him figured as a loose canon they can wind up to get sent off. In his second ban already.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 769 ✭✭✭Twoandahalfmen

What are people's selections for friday

• Registered Users Posts: 1,668 ✭✭✭Corkbah

What are people's selections for friday

Sligo (-1)
    Shamrock Rovers
    Derry

maybe Zayed to score anytime after his signing !!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,196 ✭✭✭MonkstownHoop

Corkbah wrote: »
    Sligo (-1)
    Shamrock Rovers
    Derry

maybe Zayed to score anytime after his signing !!

has he been playing/training recently? might not be match fit

• Registered Users Posts: 27 irelandguy10

Waterford united are 6 points of 1st spot i division 1 and play longford saturday if they win the will only be 3 points of 1st there 5-1 to win it think i should put a tenner on it?

After a decent week last week hopefully things can continue!

Cork City –v- Sligo Rovers – 7.45pm (Live on Setanta Ireland)

Cork haven’t won in their last 10 live appearances on TV and I can see this being number 11!

Granted Sligo are a bit hit and miss at the moment, over the weekend they managed to brush Shels aside in the League 2-0 and then hammer Limerick in the Cup 4-0. While Cork lost both their League and Cup matches at the week 3-0.

Cork have just 4 points in their last 5 League matches. In their last 5 Home League matches they have just have 3 points, conceding 10 and scoring just 5.

Sligo have 8 points in their last 5 League matches. In their last 5 Away League matches they have just 5 points, conceding 3 and scoring 3.

Cork are potentially missing 7 players, 6 of them being first teamers; Dan Murray (10/0 d), Kevin Murray (5/0 d), Darren Dennehy (10/0 d), Colin Healy (15/1 m), Brian Lenihan (0/0 m), Danny Morrissey (12/1 f), Daryl Kavanagh (15/1 f). While Sligo have a couple of injuries of their own they should have them covered easily.

As I mentioned last week, Corks manager stated in the local paper he was glad he had a break from the team. Then on Monday at their Cup match he was heard shouting at their striker Denis Behan "For fcuk sake Denis, do you think you might try and break into a fcuking run once this evening?" Things are far from rosy here!

Sligo Rovers -1 asian @ 2.075 (Bet365) – MEDIUM STAKE

Bray Wanderers –v- Shamrock Rovers – 7.45pm

The last 6 meetings between these sides, BTTS has come in 4 times, 3 of those were with Bray playing at home!

BTTS have come in, in 4 of Brays last 5 League games.

BTTS have come in, in 2 of Rovers last 5 League games.

Jason Byrne the 3 top goalscorer in the League will be on hand for Bray, while Rovers are liking to give new signing Eamon Zayed his debut. His return to the League seems him trying to add to his 119 goals he already had notched up over the years before his move to the Middle East.

BTTS @ 4/5 (General) - MEDIUM STAKE

Below I’ve done a mini write up on the games I’ll be keeping tabs on inplay.

Limerick play away to Bohs, this has potential to be rape, Limerick will be fired up after their 3-2 come back over Dundalk last week and will want to continue to pick up points and move up the table.

Dundalk could be value at 5/2 DNB, this again will be inplay dependent.

Athlone will be another possible inplay bet, Wexford have won their last 4 Home League games, keeping clean sheets, so this could be a dodgy one.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,303 ✭✭✭Lasagna Diarra

Has Elding signed for Limerick yet?

Has Elding signed for Limerick yet?

Hasn't happened as far as I'm aware.

My main bet for this week is waiting on Cork v Sligo tonight. I placed a double earlier in the week in Spain u20 to win doubled with Sligo - 1 I took the same double with Sligo - 2 for small stake also. Thinking of going for over 2.5 goals in Derry v Dundalk possibly also.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,760 ✭✭✭P.Walnuts

Right been looking at this bet fro a while

Bray v Shamrock Rovers - Second half most goals @2.00

I would expect Rovers to be in control here, they score 67% of their goals in the second half. Average time of first goal is 52m, conceded is 60m. For their part 3 of Brays last 5home games have had a higher scoring second half. Threat here is Bray games can be goalfests and Zayed has signed for Rovers. Can still see a good chance of this coming in.

Other bet will probably be Rovers/Sligo double, tempted to throw Limerick DC in their too

Is there anywhere you can watch LOI right now ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,689 ✭✭✭zimmermania

Lim Bohs i have €20 on the draw 11 to 5 pp

• Registered Users Posts: 4,689 ✭✭✭zimmermania

at 45 mins the 4 league of ireland games are 0 0

• Registered Users Posts: 12,033 ✭✭✭✭ben.schlomo

Lim Bohs i have €20 on the draw 11 to 5 pp

You want the aftertiming thread for that sort of thing.

Get in Limerick !!!!!

Fair play any Cork fans here.. Game cost me but well done. Made a crack to a mate 'imagine if this was the game they turn it around with'... And the ya go. Hope ye kick on. LOL dry for goals tonight.... Except in Cork :-)

Edit.. Just noticed my phone autocorrected LOI to LOL.. Bloody phone!. Right am out of country and on limited 3G good luck with the bets lads.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,760 ✭✭✭P.Walnuts

P.Walnuts wrote: »
    Right been looking at this bet fro a while

Bray v Shamrock Rovers - Second half most goals @2.00

I would expect Rovers to be in control here, they score 67% of their goals in the second half. Average time of first goal is 52m, conceded is 60m. For their part 3 of Brays last 5home games have had a higher scoring second half. Threat here is Bray games can be goalfests and Zayed has signed for Rovers. Can still see a good chance of this coming in.

Other bet will probably be Rovers/Sligo double, tempted to throw Limerick DC in their too

Was looking good at HT :-(

After a decent week last week hopefully things can continue!

Cork City –v- Sligo Rovers – 7.45pm (Live on Setanta Ireland)

Cork haven’t won in their last 10 live appearances on TV and I can see this being number 11!

Granted Sligo are a bit hit and miss at the moment, over the weekend they managed to brush Shels aside in the League 2-0 and then hammer Limerick in the Cup 4-0. While Cork lost both their League and Cup matches at the week 3-0.

Cork have just 4 points in their last 5 League matches. In their last 5 Home League matches they have just have 3 points, conceding 10 and scoring just 5.

Sligo have 8 points in their last 5 League matches. In their last 5 Away League matches they have just 5 points, conceding 3 and scoring 3.

Cork are potentially missing 7 players, 6 of them being first teamers; Dan Murray (10/0 d), Kevin Murray (5/0 d), Darren Dennehy (10/0 d), Colin Healy (15/1 m), Brian Lenihan (0/0 m), Danny Morrissey (12/1 f), Daryl Kavanagh (15/1 f). While Sligo have a couple of injuries of their own they should have them covered easily.

As I mentioned last week, Corks manager stated in the local paper he was glad he had a break from the team. Then on Monday at their Cup match he was heard shouting at their striker Denis Behan "For fcuk sake Denis, do you think you might try and break into a fcuking run once this evening?" Things are far from rosy here!

Sligo Rovers -1 asian @ 2.075 (Bet365) – MEDIUM STAKE

Bray Wanderers –v- Shamrock Rovers – 7.45pm

The last 6 meetings between these sides, BTTS has come in 4 times, 3 of those were with Bray playing at home!

BTTS have come in, in 4 of Brays last 5 League games.

BTTS have come in, in 2 of Rovers last 5 League games.

Jason Byrne the 3 top goalscorer in the League will be on hand for Bray, while Rovers are liking to give new signing Eamon Zayed his debut. His return to the League seems him trying to add to his 119 goals he already had notched up over the years before his move to the Middle East.

BTTS @ 4/5 (General) - MEDIUM STAKE

Below I’ve done a mini write up on the games I’ll be keeping tabs on inplay.

Limerick play away to Bohs, this has potential to be rape, Limerick will be fired up after their 3-2 come back over Dundalk last week and will want to continue to pick up points and move up the table.

Dundalk could be value at 5/2 DNB, this again will be inplay dependent.

Athlone will be another possible inplay bet, Wexford have won their last 4 Home League games, keeping clean sheets, so this could be a dodgy one.

Feck sake, the 2 main write ups lose but the 3 one to watch in play all win! Typical! :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,937 ✭✭✭Radonman

Anyone know what kind of team Cork will field tonight against West Ham? West Ham without Carroll and in Cork since Tuesday relaxing @ Photo Island Resort, Cork played as recently as Friday night winning 3-1 against Sligo - West Ham looks like value @ -1@ 11/10??

• Registered Users Posts: 9,351 ✭✭✭magherakid

Radonman wrote: »
    Anyone know what kind of team Cork will field tonight against West Ham? West Ham without Carroll and in Cork since Tuesday relaxing @ Photo Island Resort, Cork played as recently as Friday night winning 3-1 against Sligo - West Ham looks like value @ -1@ 11/10??

was looking at this match too, waiting on line up first

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19 Prima Radona

I fancy Shels to make it tough for Drogheda. I'm on:

Shels @ 5.1 (Betfair)

Shels/Drogheda HT/FT @ 25/1 (Hills)

Advertisement