Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

League of Ireland betting.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,351 ✭✭✭magherakid

magherakid wrote: »
    Bray v Limerick
    Limerick 1/1
    Limerick goals over 1.5 21/20
    Bray have only scored 4 goals so far in league and havent scored in their last 3 matches.

4-0 Limerick
    both bets in :D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 7,513 ✭✭✭seanhynes

This is from a request I sent to boylesports traders earlier for interest...

Hi Sean,

Many thanks for contacting Customer Support.
    Further to your request please be advised that Gary Rogers to score any time in tonights game between Sligo Rovers and Drogheda United is currently 20/1. This price is available via our call centre.
    If there is anything else we can help you with please do not hesitate to contact us via live chat 24/7 or reply on this email. We will be more happy to help you!

Kind regards,
    Louise
    Customer Support

• Registered Users Posts: 387 ✭✭Philly_C

Cork have conceded a lot of late goals this season. A Goal scored after 69.59 @5/6(B365) might be a bet.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,818 ✭✭✭Bateman

seanhynes wrote: »
    This is from a request I sent to boylesports traders earlier for interest...

Hi Sean,

Many thanks for contacting Customer Support.
    Further to your request please be advised that Gary Rogers to score any time in tonights game between Sligo Rovers and Drogheda United is currently 20/1. This price is available via our call centre.
    If there is anything else we can help you with please do not hesitate to contact us via live chat 24/7 or reply on this email. We will be more happy to help you!

Kind regards,
    Louise
    Customer Support

Care to explain the logic behind asking them in the first place? :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 387 ✭✭Philly_C

Philly_C wrote: »
    Cork have conceded a lot of late goals this season. A Goal scored after 69.59 @5/6(B365) might be a bet.

Cork at it again. Bet comes in!

• Advertisement

Derry on the shortlist this weekend. Have won their last 6 on the bounce and are 3.57 with Pinnacle to beat Pat's away

• Registered Users Posts: 190 ✭✭ciaran1988

this weekends bet for me is

Dundalk v Cork Draw
    Mervue to beat Athlone
    Finn Harps to beat Waterford
    Wexford v Cobh Draw

returns 52.27 with Paddy Power

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,521 Mod ✭✭✭✭Amirani

ciaran1988 wrote: »
    this weekends bet for me is

Dundalk v Cork Draw
    Mervue to beat Athlone
    Finn Harps to beat Waterford
    Wexford v Cobh Draw

returns 52.27 with Paddy Power

What does? :P

• Registered Users Posts: 209 ✭✭Tarzann

1 euro I guess

• Registered Users Posts: 17,963 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

****LEAGUE OF IRELAND BETS****

Dundalk –v- Cork City – 7.45pm (Live on RTE2)

Cork played twice last weekend, once on Friday (1-1 draw) and then again on Monday in the Setanta Cup (2-2), both testing matches and now they’ve to make their way to Dundalk for what should be another testing match.

Cork have failed to win on the road this year and have only gotten 2 wins under their belt all season out of 8, both wins against poor sides at home.

Dundalk have failed to win at home yet BUT in contrast to Cork they've faced tougher opposition.

Team news side of things, Cork are without captain Kevin Murray (Defender) who is injured, likewise with Dan Murray (Defender; Played every League game to date) and Colin Healy (Midfielder; Played every League game to date).

Dundalk are without John Dillion (Midfielder with 9 games so far with 4 goals) who is suspended, Chris Shields who is still injured and possibly Eoghan Osbourne (Defender with 2 games played out of 9).

Close one to call but the Lilywhites to finally end their home misery with a narrow victory. Dundalk have the slight advantage of their astro turf pitch also.

Dundalk win @ 11/8 (Bet365) – MEDIUM STAKE

St. Patricks Athletic –v- Derry City – 7.45pm

The two in form teams go head to head in Richmond Park.

St. Pats are coming into this on the back of a 2-0 win over Sligo Rovers, while Derry are coming into this on the back off a 2-1 win over Shamrock Rovers.

Pats are on a 4 game winning streak, Derry are on a 6 game winning streak. Pats have 3 wins out of 4 at home this season while Derry are 4 out of 4 on the road so far.

Pats have a full squad to choose from, while Derry are missing 4 players (who've been injured already) so nothing of interest.

This will be a very tight game in my opinion, a score draw is what I think will be the outcome.

BTTS @ 21/20 (Stan James) – SMALL STAKE

Mervue –v- Athlone Town – 7.45pm

No major injury concerns for either.

Mervue have been the surprise package thus far this season and currently sit 2nd in the league three points behind Longford Town. They are unbeaten at home in the league picking up 7 points from a possible 9 in the first round of fixtures.

Mervue have only lost once this season, away to Cobh in a matches which they had 3 players sent off and gave 3 penalties away (which all were converted).

While Athlone have lost 2 out of 3 away match these season and have only won twice this season.

Athlone are over rated this season in my opinion, I said this from Day One and I’ll say it again, Roddy Collins has made all the hype about them.

Mervue win @ 6/5 (Paddy Power) – MEDIUM STAKE

Finn Harps –v- Waterford Utd – 8pm

Waterford United make their longest journey of the season this Friday night, as they take on Finn Harps for the second time this season in Finn Park. They make the 820km (10 hours) round trip up to Ballybofey on the back of a 0-0 draw with Cobh.

While Finn Harps are just coming back together after several injuries had hampered their performances in the League. Finn Harps have played 4 games at home, winning 3 and drawing one 0-0 (they had a mountain of injuries for that match). While Waterford have played 3 away, losing 2 and winning against a very weak Salthill side.

Finn Harps have two doubts: Key first team defenders Damien McNutly and Thomas McGongle are concerns.

Waterford have Seamus Long (Midfielder) is out, but so could influential striker Vinny Sullivan who is a doubt.

Regardless of the possible injuries for Harps, I think the home advantage will go for them in their bid to move 1 point off top spot!

Finn Harps win @ 13/10 (Bet365) – MEDIUM STAKE

Also going to have a muggy dabble on the win treble at just over 10/1, definitely big value imo!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 196 ✭✭Drogmal

After watching UCD last week I can see Rovers finding their range against them tonight. UCD are a very young and inexperienced team and it shows with the way they play always looking to pass out from the back even when pressed forcing mistakes. Once Rovers have the right attitude and score a 1st half goal, they should dispose of them easily enough. Rovers -1 is 2.22 at the moment which I am happy to take at medium stakes.

I would also be laying Pats tonight as Derry have been on fire away from home this season. Derry Draw no bet might take my interest with small stakes at 2.32.

Finally for the reasons mentioned above you would have to fancy Dundalk to pick up their first home win of the season, as Kenny says they have played very well at home but just not picked up the points to reflect this and have played harder opposition at home than away.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,101 ✭✭✭AidySevenfold

Gone for a bohs, harps and dundalk treble. 10 on that. Might do the harps and dundalk double as well kind of regretting bohs now. :/

Not saying Bohs are certs but having failed to score in 4 home games, Bray are probably one of the best teams we could be playing tonight, ie they'll give up chances

• Registered Users Posts: 6,293 ✭✭✭Dio On The Doubles

Going for Limerick and Dundalk to win. A goal in both halves in both UCD v Shams and Pats v Derry

Good luck all with your bets.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,521 Mod ✭✭✭✭Amirani

I'm confident backing Bohs tonight at in and around evens. Over 2.5 in same game also appeals.

Separate treble then of Rovers, Mervue and Harps for me.

****LEAGUE OF IRELAND BETS****

Dundalk win @ 11/8 (Bet365) – MEDIUM STAKE

BTTS @ 21/20 (Stan James) – SMALL STAKE

Mervue win @ 6/5 (Paddy Power) – MEDIUM STAKE

Finn Harps win @ 13/10 (Bet365) – MEDIUM STAKE

Also going to have a muggy dabble on the win treble at just over 10/1, definitely big value imo!

BOOM BOOOOOMMMM BOOOOOOMMMMMMMMM...f*ck off Harps!!!! So close to a clean sweep and a muggy 10/1 treble, the fourfold was paying 25/1. :mad:

EDIT: MERVUE CONCEDED IN THE 93RD MIN TO A PENALTY WHICH SHOULDN'T HAVE BEEN ACCORDING TO EXTRATIME!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,089 ✭✭✭jefreywithonef

Was a bit risky betting on Harps, been terrible the last two or three games.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,183 ✭✭✭UnknownSpecies

Second time Harps have screwed us all over lately. Treble was so close to coming in. Had Dundalk as part of another accumulator which paid off so thanks for the write up Gav.

Well in Gavin, first division is so unpredictable

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 762 ✭✭✭jebus84

sherrff and sligo double ,big stake

• Registered Users Posts: 1,101 ✭✭✭AidySevenfold

Wouldn't advise back Harps for a few weeks lads. Don't know what's going on between team selections and things. Some players been playing awful and starting every game. Will let ya's know if we improve. Couldn't get much worse really!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,670 ✭✭✭Peppa Pig

Anyone do the PP handicap bet at the start of the season? Here's how it stands at the moment.

Team /Current /Handicap /Real points/HC Points so far
    Dundalk 27.1 30 18 9.1
    Derry City 26.6 12 23 3.6
    Sligo Rovers 25.9 3 2 0.9
    St. Patrick's Ath 22.4 8 20 2.4
    Drogheda United 21.7 22 15 6.7
    Limerick FC 21.6 25 14 7.6
    Bohemians 21.0 33 11 10.0
    Cork City 18.2 17 13 5.2
    U.C.D 17.0 43 4 13.0
    Bray Wanderers 16.4 41 4 12.4
    Shelbourne 13.9 36 3 10.9
    Shamrock Rovers 12.0 0 12 0.0

I don't have the odds - think everyone was about 8/1. I also spend ages sorting out the spacing as I don't know how to embed excel, but it made no difference, but you get the idea

Legend! Yup, they were all 8/1 to start off, I have Dundalk and Drogs (both tipped at the start of the season on here), larger stake is on Drogs but I'll happily take Dundalk!

Yep, all teams were 8/1, I fancied Dundalk as well but backed nothing :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,411 ✭✭✭francie81

Derry (Over 1.5) @5/6 guaranteed

• Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭heliocentrist

What are people feeling about Shamrock v Sligo tomorrow night? Tough to call - I would have said Sligo were a cert a few weeks back, but they've dropped points in their last 2 games. Not that Shamrock have improved at all.

I don't think Sligo will lose, so I may go with Sligo DNB @ 5/6.

***LEAGUE OF IRELAND BETS***

Bray Wanderers –v- Dundalk – 7.45pm

11th –v- 4th

Bray have been woeful (as expected) so far this season with them sitting second from the bottom, picking up 4 points in 10 matches. They’re only win came in the first game of the season against 10 man Shelbourne, with their other point being against UCD at the end of March.

Bray have lost their last 6 games in a row, conceding 19 goals and scoring just 3. Bray have failed to score in five of their nine league games this season. Bray have also conceded at least 2 goals in 8 of their last 9 matches in the League.

Dundalk have played 4 away League games this season, winning all 4. This season alone they’ve lost just 2 of their League games, they were against Sligo and Derry aka 1st and 2nd in the League.

On the injury front Bray could struggle with their small squad, Kieran Marty Waters (Started all 10 games), Shane O'Neill (Started 7 games) and captain Danny O’Connor (Started 7 games) are all doubtful.

Dundalk are missing Shields again this week and John Mountney picked up an injury last week and faces a late fitness test, they have cover for him.

Dundalk win @ 4/5 (General) – LARGE STAKE
    Dundalk -1 Asian @ 11/8 (Bet365) – MEDIUM STAKE

Derry City –v- Limerick – 7.45pm

Derry sitting nicely in 2nd place, with Limerick in 6th.

Derry are unbeaten in their last 9 games, with their last 3 home games being wins. In those 3 games they’ve scored 8 and only conceded 1.

While Limerick have only won once on the road this season where they hammered a weak Bray side. They’re unbeaten in 5 (with 2 wins and 3 draws) which will give them some confidence but Derry should break that unbeaten run!

Both teams have players coming back from illness and injury, most notably Limerick have Axel back up front who missed last week’s game where Limerick dominated but failed to score against Shelbourne in Limerick.

Derry win @ 5/6 (William Hill) – MEDIUM STAKE

Shamrock Rovers –v- Sligo Rovers – 8pm

Under-performing Shamrock Rovers go head to head with table toppers Sligo Rovers.

Shamrock Rovers only have 2 wins out of 10 this season, those coming against Bray 3 weeks ago and St.Pats 7 weeks ago. Rovers have lost their last 2 games, one being a surprise 2-0 loss to UCD last week. They’ve also managed to notch up 6 draws out of 10. Rovers are unbeaten at home this season regardless!

Sligo have under-performed the last two weeks, losing to St.Pats and then conceding a last minute equaliser last week against Drogheda, before that they were 8 wins from 8 matches and they’ll look to get back to winning ways tonight in Tallaght.

Ken Oman is out again for Shamrock Rovers, while striker Mark Quigley is doubtful.

Sligo could be without 3 new players this week, with 2 players suspended and 1 doubtful, regardless they have cover to replace these.

I can’t see Sligo losing this, but with Rovers decent home scoring record they can snatch the draw, either way this will be probably one of the only times this season you’ll see Sligo at odds this high so they have to be taken even for value.

Sligo Rovers win @ 8/5 (William Hill) – SMALL STAKE

Derry v Limerick
    BTTS 1/1
    Just seen Limerick have scored in each of their last 31 away league games, runs extends back to March 2011

• Advertisement

Drogs DRAW
    Shamrock DRAW
    UCD win

Advertisement