Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

League of Ireland betting.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,963 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

ciaran1988 wrote: »
    Whats the facebook page Gavin??

It's a "secret" group which was set up by a few lads on here (orignally it was a forum for the fixed bets but that wasn't as handy). Anyone who wants in can PM me for access, only thing is people who aren't active in the group will be booted. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭salmon1

salmon1 wrote: »
    That time of the week again,tuf enough this week but im going for

St Patrick's Athletic 4/9

Shamrock Rovers 4/11

Longford town 9/10

10 treble pay 37

we all seemed to get something right last night

• Registered Users Posts: 196 ✭✭Drogmal

Match should have been dead and buried at the start of the second half, instead chances were wasted and it took Mathews till 2-1 down to make changes!

Hope yous didn't mind us joining in your "Mathews what's the score, Mathews, Mathews, what's the score" chant!

:D Not at all we got a good laugh, he is not the most popular man in LOI circles especially round our way.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,351 ✭✭✭magherakid

Sligo v Cork
    Sligo to score in both halves 6/4
    Sligo last 6 games has seen this bet come in and also has landed in all 3 home games for Sligo.

***LEAGUE OF IRELAND BETS***

SLigo Rovers -v- Cork City - 3.55pm (LIVE ON RTE2)

7 wins out of 7 this season for Sligo, while Cork are still in first gear.

Cork could have a crisis with regards to defenders this afternoon with Kevin Murray (Defender 5 out of 6 matches played) , Dan Murray (Defender 6 out of 6 matches played) while Neal Horgan is doubtful (Defender 3 out of 6 matches played) and Darren Dennehy is suspended (Defender 2 out of 6 matches played).

Sligo have no new injury worries.

Sligo have only conceded once at home this season, and have scored seven league goals in The Showgrounds.

Cork have drawn all 3 away games this season but this is a different class they'll be playing this afternoon.

Sligo -1 Asian @ 1.775 (Bet365) - MEDIUM STAKE
    Elding anytime @ 10/11 (Paddy Power) - MEDIUM STAKE

Cobh Ramblers -v- Mervue Utd - 7.45pm

Not write up, but these two can bags goals!

Over 2.5 goals @ 11/10 (Paddy Power) - SMALL STAKE

• Advertisement

magherakid wrote: »
    Sligo v Cork
    Sligo to score in both halves 6/4
    Sligo last 6 games has seen this bet come in and also has landed in all 3 home games for Sligo.

get in there :D:D

SLigo Rovers -v- Cork City - 3.55pm (LIVE ON RTE2)

7 wins out of 7 this season for Sligo, while Cork are still in first gear.

Cork could have a crisis with regards to defenders this afternoon with Kevin Murray (Defender 5 out of 6 matches played) , Dan Murray (Defender 6 out of 6 matches played) while Neal Horgan is doubtful (Defender 3 out of 6 matches played) and Darren Dennehy is suspended (Defender 2 out of 6 matches played).

Sligo have no new injury worries.

Sligo have only conceded once at home this season, and have scored seven league goals in The Showgrounds.

Cork have drawn all 3 away games this season but this is a different class they'll be playing this afternoon.

Cobh Ramblers -v- Mervue Utd - 7.45pm

Not write up, but these two can bags goals!

Clean sweep Gavin well in :)

BOOM BOOM!
    Clean sweep Gavin well in :)

All going well so far, next weekend looks decent, may have a bet for tonight too.

For some reason over 2.5 goals is standing out to me in Pats and Shels tonight. It shouldn't be as both teams have been involved in a lot of nil games this season. Pats are going to thump a team soon though they can't keep winning 1-0, I am informed they are creating a good few chances too. Shels looked very soft against Drogheda, we scored 3 with Gary O Neil even getting in on the act. Matthews is on his last legs too I reckon.

I think there may be some value in over 2.5 goals @ 2.16 and also Pats -1 @ 2.14 with small-medium stakes.

Value bet tonight, imo, is St. Pats to win by a margin of 1 goal @ 11/4 (Bet365).

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,071 ✭✭✭user2011

Value bet tonight, imo, is St. Pats to win by a margin of 1 goal @ 11/4 (Bet365).

Any thoughts on overs in 2moro's game?

I see Paddy Power have only paid out today on penalty betting Shelbourne v Drogheda at the weekend

Interesting Drogheda have got 6 penalties in 8 league games

Well that didn't go too well, could have been a lot worse than 4-0! :(
    user2011 wrote: »
    Any thoughts on overs in 2moro's game?

League or Setanta Cup?
    I see Paddy Power have only paid out today on penalty betting Shelbourne v Drogheda at the weekend

Interesting Drogheda have got 6 penalties in 8 league games

Was a bit of dodgy betting on the match, in particular, one bet placed.

The league game

Drogmal wrote: »
    For some reason over 2.5 goals is standing out to me in Pats and Shels tonight. It shouldn't be as both teams have been involved in a lot of nil games this season. Pats are going to thump a team soon though they can't keep winning 1-0, I am informed they are creating a good few chances too. Shels looked very soft against Drogheda, we scored 3 with Gary O Neil even getting in on the act. Matthews is on his last legs too I reckon.

I think there may be some value in over 2.5 goals @ 2.16 and also Pats -1 @ 2.14 with small-medium stakes.

I'll take that, a good nights work. Nothing really standing out in tonights league match.

In the Setanta I might wait for some in play betting on Drogheda vs Sligo.

You would have to fancy Rovers to get by Cork easily enough tonight. Rovers are 1.71 for the win which is decent, Cork offered nothing going forward against Sligo with Dennis Behan leading the line. Rovers will have more depth to be able to deal with 3 games in a week plus they have had an extra days rest than Cork and no travelling. Rovers -1 is 2.62 if you fancy them to continue on from Friday against Bray. I do. Rovers clean sheet is 2.20.

On the Drogheda pens, 3 of them came in one game and we haven't had any real dodgy ones from what I remember. I presume the suspicion of the bookies is that opposition players could be giving away peno's on purpose. Or maybe the refs just really like us this year :p

2-1 Limerick :( I didn't bet on it!!!

Rovers back to their old ways last night, the Bray win may have been due more to Bray missing bodies that Rovers superiority, lesson learned.

• Registered Users Posts: 387 ✭✭Philly_C

Mervue missing 3 or 4 first teamers and a 17 year old starting in goals. Anyone think Wexford are worth a punt, draw no bet maybe? Or will Mervue still be too strong.

Philly_C wrote: »
    Mervue missing 3 or 4 first teamers and a 17 year old starting in goals. Anyone think Wexford are worth a punt, draw no bet maybe? Or will Mervue still be too strong.

I've been keeping tabs on this match since last week and the red cards galore match, only thing that worries me about Wexford is they have a young team so long journeys after being in school, college, work, etc... that morning won't benefit them.

I've a mental long day tomorrow with work and a trek to Cork for the Shelbourne match so keeping this brief and to the point.

Bohemians -v- Dundalk - 7.45pm

No new injury worries.

Bohs have only scored 2 goals in their last 5 matches in the League (one was a penalty and one was pure luck), mainly due to Christ Lyons being out injured (their main marksman), he should return tomorrow but can't see him being too sharpe on front of goal.

Dundalks League standing is due to them having an impressive 3 wins from 3 on the road to date (just to note all wins were against Dublin sides), going 5 home matches without a win. Bohs home record has been poor to date, with 2 loses, a draw and a win against a very weak UCD side (who were down to 10 men from the 20th minute).
    Bohs have scored 5 goals this season in 7 matches, with only 2 of them being scored at home, both in the UCD match noted above.

Dundalk have 13 goals, 7 of those have been away from home in just 3 matches.
    All signs point to Dundalk, but with Dundalk conceding 3 times in their 3 away matches there's a risk so the DNB will be the bet!

Dundalk DNB @ 4/5 (General) - MEDIUM STAKE

Derry City -v- Shamrock Rovers - 7.45pm

Few injury worries to both sides, both teams have the cover to replace them though.
    Rovers have 3 games in 7 days, this being the second, Cork at home on Monday in Tallaght which ended 1-1, now a long trip to Derry and a long trip to Cork for Monday evenings second leg.

I have a feeling Rovers will be counting this match tonight as the priority over Cork in the Setanta Cup, any let up and Sligo can make another dent in their title chances.
    Derry are on a 5 game winning streak, while Rovers recorded a 7-0 win over a weak Bray last week they were on a 6 game draw streak previous.

Derry DNB @ 10/11 (William Hill) - MEDIUM STAKE

Mervue Utd -v- Wexford Youths - 7.45pm

Mervue have 3 players suspended (2 defenders and their first team keeper) and one injured (defender whos played 5 out of 6 games) out of a squad of 21. Mervue United under 17 goalkeeper Peter Healy will make his league debut on Friday.

Two inconsistent sides in my opinion, Mervues position in the table is overrated!

Wexford Youths DNB @ 13/8 (Paddy Power) - SMALL STAKE
    Wexford Youths @ 5/2 (Paddy Power) - VERY SMALL STAKE

Finn Harps -v- Salthill - 8pm

Finn Harps with 2 new injurys and a few still out. Salthill could be missing striker Enda Curran which could be huge! This is really a wait for the team bet but I won't be around tomorrow at all.

2 games without a goal for Harps, but this could be the match to get their title challenge back on track. Only 6 games in, but Harps need a win against a weak Salthill side.

Finn Harps - 1 Asian @ 1.675 (Bet365) - MEDIUM STAKE

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 190 ✭✭ciaran1988

Derry, Dundalk, Cork and Finn Harps returns 14.74 with Will Hill. I think Drogheda are too short to beat UCD but i could be well wrong and I would rather just sit and watch the St Pats match and no bet

• Registered Users Posts: 4,818 ✭✭✭Bateman

2 bets this weekend for me:

Bohs v Dundalk over 2.5, 2.38 Pinnacle best price
    Cork v Shels DRAW

• Registered Users Posts: 1,101 ✭✭✭AidySevenfold

Harps -1 and Drogs -1 just over 4/1. I'll have that.

Sligo and dundalk may be another double. Tempted by Wexford as well. Plenty of suspensions for mervue.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,818 ✭✭✭Bateman

Bohemians v Dundalk
    Over 2.5 Goals 11/8
    BTTS 1/1

Dundalk's last 7 games and their 3 away games so far have gone over 2.5 and has seen both teams score.

In Limerick's first eight games, there have been a total of 21 bookings, 5 red cards and 6 penalties

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,351 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

Going to follow some of the tips....Derry and Dundalk both DNB -double.....overs double in Pats (5/4) and Bohs (5/4) .....Wexford DNB (13/8) and a goal in both halves in Harps game Yes (4/6)- double.
    Dundalk Derry, Cork and Harps to win- small acc for interest

• Registered Users Posts: 190 ✭✭ciaran1988

Bet beat by a 90th minute goal for Shelbourne. Good call on that game Bateman

Dundalk DNB @ 4/5 (General) - MEDIUM STAKE

Derry DNB @ 10/11 (William Hill) - MEDIUM STAKE

Wexford Youths DNB @ 13/8 (Paddy Power) - SMALL STAKE
    Wexford Youths @ 5/2 (Paddy Power) - VERY SMALL STAKE

Finn Harps - 1 Asian @ 1.675 (Bet365) - MEDIUM STAKE

Dundalk win, Derry win, Wexford get smashed and Harps refund. Not bad!

• Advertisement

Bray v Limerick
    Limerick 1/1
    Limerick goals over 1.5 21/20

Bray have only scored 4 goals so far in league and havent scored in their last 3 matches.

Advertisement