Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UFC/MMA etc crossover Thread *Spoilers for latest show*

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,402 ✭✭✭Tinie

GTR63 wrote: »
    I wanna good fight
    Do Putin vs Seagal that'd draw moar

Seeing lesnar get toyed with before eventually getting lethargically KOed by Fedor wouldnt be a good fight?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,469 ✭✭✭✭GTR63

Tinie wrote: »
    Seeing lesnar get toyed with before eventually getting lethargically KOed by Fedor wouldnt be a good fight?

Hunt vs Nelson just couldn't suck. Its a pity that IF Fedor vs Lesnar were to happen it didn't happen 3+ years ago instead. Rousey vs Tate is the most arousing rivalry in sport, not that its hard tbh.

So was it Rogan or Goldberg that farted?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

The pinch of salt:
    There is an internet rumour that the UFC have signed Fedor and that they are going to announce a Brock/Fedor fight. I don't know where it came from but it's been gaining traction. Even more so now that about 20 minutes ago Fedor's Facebook account just posted as single smiley face.

https://www.facebook.com/FedorFanPage/posts/10151811964151643

hdb8.png

UFC will be hoping the next two fights won't be as brief as the other main card fights.
    No matter who uses them I always consider them elbows Browne used were downward

• Advertisement

The amount of advertising on this show is enough to make Vince think again about advertisers

• Registered Users Posts: 6,561 ✭✭✭JJayoo

Rousey vs Tate = Holy Fcuk Balls

So obvious Lesnar is interfeering in this match

Oh jesus christ
    wince

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,860 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

I feel a little bit sick. :( That was horrible.

• Advertisement

Obvious special effect

I feel a little bit sick. :( That was horrible.

there was an even worse one than that a few months back
    Horrible to watch and maybe worse that it happened to who it did.

Curtis Axel level victory.

Chris Weidman is still not a star. UFC's problems continue.

6.gif

go weedman

• Registered Users Posts: 6,744 ✭✭✭raze_them_all_

rovert wrote: »

The ufc is one of the few things in america don't eat up that through jesus ****e

rovert wrote: »

To be selfish it was the worse possible result as it was a hollower win, I doubt Vitor sweats him that much either. Silva's career is very likely over aswell. This after the GSP announcement is making me think Brock/Fedor ain't that crazy.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,429 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Don't really follow UFC (as is evident by this being my first post on the matter). But I know Silva, and that is an absolutely gruesome finish for any person to suffer. Sickening :(

• Registered Users Posts: 339 ✭✭rustedtrumpet

R.I.P, is a real shame to see them lose such a great wrestler. Just glad i didnt put on money on it down the bookies like the lads did ha

• Registered Users Posts: 7,724 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

R.I.P, is a real shame to see them lose such a great wrestler. Just glad i didnt put on money on it down the bookies like the lads did ha

he's not dead :pac:

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 12,013 Mod ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

I think he morbidly means his career is dead. Best not to use "RIP" even if being facetious.

• Advertisement

Silva's recovery is estimated to be 3-6 months. Kinda don't want him to come back at 40, he'd be fighting too much by then. Himself & GSP are going to be missed for however long the latter is gone. Bet they have been hounding GSP to come back and i'd be shocked if they didn't at least sound out Lesnar.
    A heel Rousey with the Diaz brothers would be such a cool faction with mileage.

Conor McGregor got the full Lesnar:

2ekkxtv.jpg

It is the logo of his gym.

Overeem comfortably beat Frank Mir last night, then called out Lesnar in his post fight interview. Said something like that hes heard that lesnar is coming back to the UFC, and ill be here waiting for him.

Well they nailed him with this trailer:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,520 ✭✭✭Hashtag_HEEL

Rte have made him look liek the biggest star in UFC. Looks like an interesting watch.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,117 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

Rte have made him look liek the biggest star in UFC. Looks like an interesting watch.
    Well he's Ireland's biggest star in the UFC. RTE aren't really aiming at the international demographic.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,520 ✭✭✭Hashtag_HEEL

Mellor wrote: »
    Well he's Ireland's biggest star in the UFC. RTE aren't really aiming at the international demographic.

Oh of course. Just pointing out that if you're not familiar with UFC and watch that trailer you'd think he's a world champ and the face of the company. They did a really good job!

FUUUUUUUUUUCCCCKKKKK!!!!!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 838 ✭✭✭A Rogue Hobo

Normally not much of a fan of anything RTE produces but have to say that trailer was very well edited. Hopefully the documentary is as good.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 573 ✭✭✭nazmoalex

Wouldn't give RTE any credit for that documentary other than buying it. Safe bet that ad won't be shown on RTE either.

Advertisement