Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UFC/MMA etc crossover Thread *Spoilers for latest show*

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,469 ✭✭✭✭GTR63

2.gif

Hard to know what to make of that its like a legit equivelent of a fingerpoke of doom in a weird kinda backend way. Bit farcical, bid daft and a LOT of stupid.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,535 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

I find myself thinking that was so stupid that there must be more to it than meets the eye. I loved the finish, though.

'It is better to walk alone in the right direction than follow the herd walking in the wrong direction.'

It has me feeling utterly confused. The way he was talking afterwards it was like losing it means he can go on to greener pastures(super fights etc) or what he thinks are greener.
    Him vs Bones is now about as anticipated as the Leinster football final to me now.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,018 ✭✭✭QikBax

Seeing Anderson getting knocked out after all his showboating was one of the great sporting moments

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

8.gif

The two non-fans who watched it with me thought it was a fix.

fingerpoke-of-doom-o.gif

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,130 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

ibpTAYvgSlVH1S.gif

I am not a big fan or claim to have any knowledge of the sport but did look up the ending of this one:

I thought the hit on the chin that knocked him down was odd as he left himself so open but the he does seem to get caught from this angle. The big punch on the ground followed quickly and his head bounced off the ground with a big impact - looked nasty.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,130 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

also saw this image

BOi4EZfCMAE3HHl.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,207 ✭✭✭Hangballlouie

Good booking by Dana. Weidman is like sheikie was in the 80s and will hold the belt till his next fight and drop it then. Possibly to Sonnen who Dana is hot on and probably feels he deserves a run as champ.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,402 ✭✭✭Tinie

http://www.mmafighting.com/2013/8/7/4593982/the-mma-hour-with-conor-mcgregor-daniel-cormier-nick-newell-marlon

Great interview with conor here in the second hour of the show and a surprise caller near the end. He's some man to hype a fight, great talker. Im super hyped for the fight against max.

• Advertisement

I assume the road block on the Paddy Power sponsership is the $100,000 fee UFC charges sponsers to sponser fighters.

The press conference is up for this saturday, and conor was on the panel also.

Conor's fight is soon:

Coming up next according the longwinded FOX presenter.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,391 ✭✭✭D2D

Dominant performance by Conor, proved he can change it up esp when his knee popped

• Registered Users Posts: 388 ✭✭sockmo

The whole prelim card was brilliant, staying up to watch this tonight in perparation for summerslam tomorrow night

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,238 ✭✭✭✭Diabhal Beag

They only show Yank football late in Galway City so it's a pretty big deal that they showed the Conor fight. Good showing and nice to see the bandwagon picking up.

They only show Yank football late in Galway City so it's a pretty big deal that they showed the Conor fight. Good showing and nice to see the bandwagon picking up.

The bandwagon has been at full speed all around the world for months now.

And the bandwagon is thoroughly justified.

• Registered Users Posts: 635 ✭✭✭SEANoftheDEAD

Good showing and nice to see the bandwagon picking up.

Haha good aul Irish begrudgery at it's finest!

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,857 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

Haha good aul Irish begrudgery at it's finest!

I'm pretty sure he wasn't begrudging anyone. :confused:

• Advertisement

I'm pretty sure he wasn't begrudging anyone. :confused:

Anytime somebody Irish is doing something on the international stage and every one gets excited about it, there's always one person standing back saying "look at em all jumping on the bandwagon"

Anytime somebody Irish is doing something on the international stage and every one gets excited about it, there's always one person standing back saying "look at em all jumping on the bandwagon"
    How am I begruding bb? I'm on the bandwagon. This is actually the first time I've seen McGregor fight in full.

How am I begruding bb? I'm on the bandwagon. This is actually the first time I've seen McGregor fight in full.

Maybe I just took ye up wrong and am been a bit of dick. Tis very hard to detect tones threw text ;)

Apologies.

No worries. Genuinely is great to see Conor breaking into mainstream and continuing his success.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,857 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

Makes two of us! :o I've seen a lot of highlights, interviews and funny quips on Joe.ie but I'd never seen him fighting live before. Delighted I found the fight on time tonight. BT Sports FTW! :D

Moving on, Hall and Howard are beasts! :eek:

No worries. Genuinely is great to see Conor breaking into mainstream and continuing his success.

Absolutely! :)

Ireland was bound to break onto the scene at some point with all the good quality MMA gyms around the place now. It really is a sport on the rise on this Isle.

Conor was class tonight. Total domination, even with a knee problem.
    I loved the fighting Irish stance he was doing in the 1st round.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,030 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

Conor was class tonight. Total domination, even with a knee problem.
    I loved the fighting Irish stance he was doing in the 1st round.

That's now he stands. Just i ncase you think it was some gimmick for the Boston crowd or something

Poor reem can only go for 2 mins before gassing.

• Advertisement

Mellor wrote: »
    That's now he stands. Just i ncase you think it was some gimmick for the Boston crowd or something

I was my first time seen him fight... didn't think it was gimmick. Thought it different.

Advertisement