Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UFC/MMA etc crossover Thread *Spoilers for latest show*

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,469 ✭✭✭✭GTR63

Man Shogun has fallen so far, Sonnen crushed him with ease. I'm almost tired about hearing him training with Chute Boxe and winning the Pride GP years ago.
    As Tinie said The Reem peppered Browne with Knee's and strikes and in a little over 2 slowed down and was running on fumes(credit to BT for the signal coming right back when it ended btw).

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

@FOXSportsLive: BREAKING - @UFC's Conor McGregor's MRI results: complete ACL tear, MCL strain & posterior horn meniscal tear. Damn!

Devastated

• Registered Users Posts: 3,623 ✭✭✭Dancor

rovert wrote: »
    Devastated

9-10 months out. Absolutely gutted. Might put a Dublin show on hold or they could make it his comeback fight but it definitely wont be against a top 10 guy.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,732 ✭✭✭Reganio 2

Cm punk is ready to tag into Condit vs Kampmann tonight sitting front row.

Edit: beside Dana and Matt Hughes by the looks of it as well. Nice push for punk.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,402 ✭✭✭Tinie

up3CvsF.jpg

Chael the luchador

Mir-Barnett is very Pro Wrestling-y and is on BT Vision tonight:

Meant to say I watched that Countdown show after the event on Wednesday nite and it was the highlight of the night.

Totally heel vs heel. Rooting for Mir though. Hate Josh's personality.

• Advertisement

TUF would be far better with just a female cast, most of the men`s fights last night kinda sucked. Pity that next week
    it`s both teams first picks going head to head.
    Should be a great fight though.

BJ Penn returning to fight Edgar at 145lbs. Er What?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,623 ✭✭✭Dancor

GTR63 wrote: »
    BJ Penn returning to fight Edgar at 145lbs. Er What?

Gluten for punishment.

http://www.mmafighting.com/2013/9/23/4760134/the-mma-hour-with-georges-st-pierre-anderson-silva-chael-sonnen-stone

The MMA Hour has a stacked and amusing line up for a show airing later today:
    2:25 p.m. -- Conor McGregor will discuss how his rehab is going following ACL surgery.

2:45 p.m. -- Legendary pro wrestler "Stone Cold" Steve Austin will talk about his love of MMA.

Hope eternally Conor and Stone Cold interact.

Just watched Gustaffson vs Jones thought Alexander won it despite slowing down late on but it may of been me backing him & Rogan turning into a Jones fanboy in the later rounds.
    Thumb in the eye what a load of bull, did Niles Crane teach Joe how to punch?

That is rasslin talk not fightin.

Anyoune watching the new series of TUF, Ronda Rousey isn`t portrayed too well in it, which is surprising. Certainly getting the same vibe I got from the series that I got when Evans & Rampage were coaching, where I changed my opinion of both of them after watching it.

Junior has balls of like adamantium i`ll give him that. Thought he should of fought harder to get away in the clinch against the cage in the early rounds even with the tenacious pace set out by Velasquez & try to get control of the middle of the cage. Once Cain dropped him in the 3rd that was all she wrote as far as a comeback was concerned.
    Dana didn`t sound as enthused to announce Werdum vs Velasquez as he should as UFC president, it was a bit ah sure who else is there feel to it.

Sanchez is daft though, was far more impressed with Melendez. Diego looking for the decision was a wee bit cheeky, the scamp. :p

Not spoliers here just track down the main event of this card last night:

453px-UFC_Fight_Night_33.jpg

Forgot that was even on last nite.

Very sad to hear about Shane Del Rosario R.I.P
    GSP will be announcing his future plans Friday, if there are any decisions being made I hope he has had them mental time lapses looked at.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,114 ✭✭✭BohsJohnny

Just after Watching the Hunt vs Bigfoot fight after all the hype had to see for myself if it was as great as everybody is saying it is,the answer **** yes that four round was crazy Hunt trowing elbows and Bigfoot throwing left and right hooks and neither man backing now.

I used to be huge into Ufc but just got bored of it to be honest but if there where more fights like that i would jump right back on the bandwagon.

Watch Melendez vs Sanchez then and I enjoyed Jones vs Gustaffson if you haven't seen them. Got to recommend Jessamyn Duke vs Raquel Pennington from TUF aswell great fight
    The exchange in the 4th round was something else. You just don't see stuff like that in a heavyweight fight.

GSP made the right choice today, if anything he should of done it sooner.
    Bit miffed that Condit was ignored for the title fight tbh.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 991 ✭✭✭Digitalism

So... fedor has signed to the UFC ya?

God the countdown shows are so lazy now, only still watching it for Barnett. Himself and Mir had an awesome promo vid for their fight that rovert posted

https://www.facebook.com/FedorFanPage/posts/10151811964151643

Either fedor is trolling or his hinting at the inevitable announcement tonight of him vs brock. And the russians arent exactly known for their sarcasm.

Ill legit collapse if this is is announced tonight.

Do Hunt vs Nelson instead

GTR63 wrote: »
    Do Hunt vs Nelson instead

UFC want to make money. This fight would be the biggest in MMA history should it go ahead. Nothing would come close.

• Advertisement

Tinie wrote: »
    UFC want to make money.

I wanna good fight
    Do Putin vs Seagal that'd draw moar

Advertisement