Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UFC/MMA etc crossover Thread *Spoilers for latest show*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 838 ✭✭✭A Rogue Hobo

nazmoalex wrote: »
    Wouldn't give RTE any credit for that documentary other than buying it. Safe bet that ad won't be shown on RTE either.

Pretty sure RTE filmed it man, McGregor was talking about how he had a camera crew from RTE following him everywhere for the last 2 months for a future documentary when talking to Aerial on the MMA Hour a few months back.

• Registered Users Posts: 573 ✭✭✭nazmoalex

Just had a look there, it's been made by Motive Television Production, they have made other Irish documentaries like We Got Game and Batmen. We Got Game one on basketball in Ireland was excellent!

• Registered Users Posts: 39,117 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

nazmoalex wrote: »
    Just had a look there, it's been made by Motive Television Production, they have made other Irish documentaries like We Got Game and Batmen. We Got Game one on basketball in Ireland was excellent!
    Motive were the production company, it was produced specifically for RTE. Virtually every TV show has an external production team, I would still consider this to be an RTE documentary.

Hopefully its up on RTE player.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

UFC in Dublin on July 19!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,520 ✭✭✭Hashtag_HEEL

rovert wrote: »

Link?

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,402 ✭✭✭Tinie

Source?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,469 ✭✭✭✭GTR63

If its anything like the nameless cards lately my reaction is

tumblr_mg9gr85oBg1rxgv80o1_250.gif

Cole Miller seems to be Conor's opponent. Strong gatekeeper type that Conor feuded with on Twitter.

Yeah this show will be SBG/Irish lads heavy.

Mad to think now the last show we got UFC 93 had Dan Henderson, Rich Franklin & Shogun Rua on the card.
    We'll get McGregor & be asked to pay top dollar again.
    Think I went to 2 TNA shows last time I was here. Saved a lot of money too

• Advertisement

Might be a really long longshot but will there be any possibility of Rousey on the card?

Might be a really long longshot but will there be any possibility of Rousey on the card?

HECK NO

More of a chance of her being in my bed tonite.
    :D

Sorry to be short but she is one of UFC last remaining draws. No way are they having her fight in the afternoon US time. She is like the least likely to fight here.

Sorry to be short but she is one of UFC last remaining draws. No way are they having her fight in the afternoon US time. She is like the least likely to fight here.

Fair enough. Would've loved to see her live. McGregor is a guarantee so we've that going for us anyway.
    GTR63 wrote: »
    More of a chance of her being in my bed tonite.
    :D

Fight you for her! :pac:

Well they nailed him with this trailer:

This is on tonite at 9:30. Sorry for quoting the trailer Jayk

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

She is probably UFCs most bankable box office star at the moment. No way are they giving her away for free.

Some seem to think that the TUF finale could be part of this card, but that is fanciful as well.

Oresumably the card will have McGregor, Gunnar Nelson, some of the better Battlezone fighters and a rag taggle of Brit talent.

As someone mentioned it will be a Cage Warriors show for the most part with UFC production values.

gimmick wrote: »
    She is probably UFCs most bankable box office star at the moment. No way are they giving her away for free.

Some seem to think that the TUF finale could be part of this card, but that is fanciful as well.

Oresumably the card will have McGregor, Gunnar Nelson, some of the better Battlezone fighters and a rag taggle of Brit talent.

As someone mentioned it will be a Cage Warriors show for the most part with UFC production values.

The Wrestling Observer says Conor will be the semi main event.

The Wrestling Observer says Conor will be the semi main event.

I wanna see all the TRT guys get a last time on TRT run out :p
    Vitor Belfort vs a TRT fueled Shogun would be tempting, that lad needs a go at TRT cause he seems to have lost interest. :pac: :pac: :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,724 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

If Conor is in the the co main event, the main event must be something good to push him to co main event

• Advertisement

If Conor is in the the co main event, the main event must be something good to push him to co main event

Or perhaps its Dana's way of protecting Conor if by chance he loses, then at least its not a main event loss and isn't as detrimental to him.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,744 ✭✭✭raze_them_all_

Tinie wrote: »
    Or perhaps its Dana's way of protecting Conor if by chance he loses, then at least its not a main event loss and isn't as detrimental to him.

any loss to him will be detrimental, Since arriving and getting injured Connor has run his mouth off at anyone to keep himself in the public eye. A loss will be harmful to his image and fanbase

Or they have a lesser title fight between two uncharismatic lighter weight guys.

Or they have a lesser title fight between two uncharismatic lighter weight guys.

Mighty Mouse`s ears are burning rovert :P

• Registered Users Posts: 7,724 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

something tells me he'll be handed an "easy" fight for the 02 card, Dana loves his main boys to be winning in their own backyards

something tells me he'll be handed an "easy" fight for the 02 card, Dana loves his main boys to be winning in their own backyards

A fighting sport not 100% above board? I'm shocked sir!

• Registered Users Posts: 39,117 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

Losing (or winning) in a main event is no different to any other fight

Watched Notorious earlier enjoyed it. Found the RODG doc a few months ago better as he kinda let his feelings be known better & was a more honest about things(UFC always try to come across the exact same way in these things I find). You could see him slowly change through it & open up.

Mellor wrote: »
    Losing (or winning) in a main event is no different to any other fight

For a massivly hyped fighter coming back from a long term injury, like mcgtegor, of course it is. That's like saying winning a prelim fight is no different than winning a main event fight.
    GTR63 wrote: »
    Watched Notorious earlier enjoyed it. Found the RODG doc a few months ago better as he kinda let his feelings be known better & was a more honest about things(UFC always try to come across the exact same way in these things I find). You could see him slowly change through it & open up.

To be fair, ronans career is about triple the length of McGregor's and more storied than 90% of Irish athletes. The ROG doc eill always be the measuring point for these shows.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 15,238 ✭✭✭✭Diabhal Beag

It was grand for what they could cover really. As Tinie said with ROG you have a Grandslam, two Heineken Cup wins, the Miracle match, World Cups and his relationship with Sexton. Content is a no contest.

He's such a gigantic **** though that it's hard not to respect him.

Advertisement