Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UFC/MMA etc crossover Thread *Spoilers for latest show*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 39,170 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

Tinie wrote: »
    For a massivly hyped fighter coming back from a long term injury, like mcgtegor, of course it is. That's like saying winning a prelim fight is no different than winning a main event fight.
    Whether a fight is A prelim/main card fight makes no difference to the proformance/win. Why would it?
    What matters is who they beat.

For example, if Mcgregor beats Miller with a first round KO in July. It won't make any difference whether it's the main or co-main.
    When he beat Brimage, there was chance it would be bumped to the main card, it wasn't in the end and the win was no less impressive.

Don't let the fact that the fighters are a higher standard further up the card cloud your view. Beating a top ten guy on the main is worth more than a debutant on prelim because of who there are alone, not where the fight was slotted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,860 ✭✭✭Ape Lincoln

Has anyone seen the documentary 'Fighting for a generation: 20 years of UfC'? Any use?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,520 ✭✭✭Hashtag_HEEL

Anyone here manage to get a ticket to the show? I didn't. They were all gone by the sale day after the multiple pre-sales.

Managed to pick up a weigh in ticket for the Friday at least. Couldn't get a fan pass for the open work outs/media day. Bloody fight club has me ruined!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,238 ✭✭✭✭Diabhal Beag

Hoping known Galwegian Diego Brandao murders yer man tonight

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,870 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

Is this on TV tonight?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 573 ✭✭✭nazmoalex

Does anybody have any idea what tv station in the states or otherwise will be airing the prelims for this show tonight? Not looking for links, just the station.

• Registered Users Posts: 573 ✭✭✭nazmoalex

An File wrote: »
    Is this on TV tonight?

The main show is on 3e, starts at 8 coverage starts 7:30

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,435 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Any estimate what time to expect the McGregor fight? Not to bothered about the overall show but would like to see the Irish guy :P

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,402 ✭✭✭Tinie

Lord TSC wrote: »
    Any estimate what time to expect the McGregor fight? Not to bothered about the overall show but would like to see the Irish guy :P

Around 9.30pm id say at the earliest.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,702 Mod ✭✭✭✭riffmongous

But you'll miss all the other Irish guys :P Holohan and Cathal Pendred had good fights

• Advertisement

Did 3e take a break during a live continuous broadcast? :S

• Registered Users Posts: 4,101 ✭✭✭NUTZZ

BT Sport haven't taken a break yet anyway.

And another....better not miss a finish cause of this....

Well that was short and sweet :P

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

Conor McGregor v Dustin Poirier official for UFC 178 per UFC on Twitter.

September 27th on a stacked show: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/UFC_178

Lads, quick question.

Could anyone recommend me a series of TUF to check out? Watched Shamrock vs Ortiz, with Bisping, a few years back and loved it, and with McGregor refueling my interest, wanted to try another series. Anyone got any suggestions about which to watch?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,402 ✭✭✭Tinie

I really liked the epic rampage vs rashad series.

Rousey vs tate recently was also really good.

Both series had really good trash talking and good fights also iirc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

Lads, quick question.

Could anyone recommend me a series of TUF to check out? Watched Shamrock vs Ortiz, with Bisping, a few years back and loved it, and with McGregor refueling my interest, wanted to try another series. Anyone got any suggestions about which to watch?

First one I watched was Pulver Vs Penn. Some of the guys in the house were Gray Maynard, Joe Lauzon, Nate Diaz, Mannu Gamburian. Thoroughly enjoyed it. I think it was series 5.

Series 5 noted, as well as the Rousey/Tate one.

Looking at the list, how was Liddell/Ortiz and Lesnar/Dos Santos series'? I started rewatching Ortiz/Shamrock and love Ortiz' character, so does he wind up Liddell the same way? And Lesnar draws me in as a wrestling fan.....

Thought this was worth highlighting. Cathal's opponent on the UFC Dublin fight card failed for performance enhancing drugs. So UFC gave his opponent's purse to Cathal. So here is what Cathal is doing with a portion of the $50,000:

BvA1oeyIgAAGt5f.jpg

After his fight he gave interviews say he was behind on his utility bills. So this is pretty generous.

• Advertisement

Bobby Lashley proving yet again that Pro Wrestling is the number one martial art:
    SaneVengefulAzurevase.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,860 ✭✭✭Ape Lincoln

At least one punch to the back of the head there

At least one punch to the back of the head there

Lashley is a heel so it is grand

MMA doing Pro Wrestling better than Pro Wrestling with the unmasking of Justin McCully:
    Bw0UpfQIEAEn164.jpg

28umf5l.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 3,623 ✭✭✭Dancor

Any of you lads looking forward to the McGregor fight this weekend?

It should be a good scrap but I expect Conor to put Poirier away in the first.

Apparently Dave Meltzer reported that Conor has an injured right hand. Anyone that watched Episode 1 of embedded could see his hand was wrapped but if it was an injury I would imagine they would try and cover it.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,827 ✭✭✭ShagNastii

bc90889bfc1815c4a3198918028b395f_view.jpg

A phenomenal piece of fan art that has been doing the rounds. I pray Conor does the business tonight. It has been so much fun thus far and if his train keeps rolling, I don't doubt for a second they'll be a title fight in the Aviva. Biases aside he is the hottest thing in UFC atm by a mile.

Well, that finish came out of nowhere.

Thrilled for McGregor. Looks such an arrogant *****, but he's our *****.

Choo-choo....

• Registered Users Posts: 9,990 ✭✭✭cena

Looked like a dive to me by the American

• Registered Users Posts: 6,744 ✭✭✭raze_them_all_

I'm sick of everyone calling dive after nearly every card nowdays

• Registered Users Posts: 9,990 ✭✭✭cena

I am not a ufc fan. but it really does look like a dive

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,448 ✭✭✭Garseys

I'm sick of everyone calling dive after nearly every card nowdays

or fight fixing, just because its the result that Conor predicted.

Advertisement