Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UFC/MMA etc crossover Thread *Spoilers for latest show*

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,435 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

I would like anyone who thinks it was a dive to let McGregor punch them full whack behind the ear and then say it wasn't a proper shot :P

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

DDT
    sbmE89R.gif

Just saw this
    conorundertaker.jpg

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,217 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

rovert wrote: »
    Just saw this
    conorundertaker.jpg

All that horse**** nonsense talk by purported 'real' fans stems from the fact he doesn't hail from a country with a huge history of succesful MMA fighters. If an American, Canadian or Brazilian had the charisma of McGregor and the dominant performances to back it up, they'd have a title shot at the very least by now.
    Just look at Lesnar for proof of that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

There is a difference between charisma and winding people up the wrong way. No one is doubting his talent. I do not like him because he is extremely disrespectful. You do not need to do that to get noticed.

As for the Lesnar anology above, he was never "accepted" by large parts of MMA fans because he was a fast tracked "fake" wrestler.

The reason McGregor doesn't have a title shot yet is more down to the fact his division is ridiculously stacked and a number of people have been knocking on Aldos door for a title fight. If Aldo loses to Mendes, well a rematch is an absolute certainty barring a bad injury. If Aldo wins, I suspect McGregor gets the shot.

When Lesnar got his it was in a poorly stacked (as ever) HW division.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 39,161 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

Necrominus wrote: »
    All that horse**** nonsense talk by purported 'real' fans stems from the fact he doesn't hail from a country with a huge history of succesful MMA fighters. If an American, Canadian or Brazilian had the charisma of McGregor and the dominant performances to back it up, they'd have a title shot at the very least by now.
    Just look at Lesnar for proof of that.
    His support is pretty big around the world. Fans and fighters around the world have been hugely impressed with his performances.
    There's no way he could have earned a title shot before now. Essentially No other fighter has climbed the ranks to a top 5 spot that quickly.

The Lesnar example is silly. He was in a shallow division, and he beat a top 5 guy and got his place in a 4 man title unification bracket.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,216 ✭✭✭Ageyev

Is anyone here on UFC Fight Pass? I've been trying to signup but it won't accept my address.

I get this message:
    *** PLEASE NOTE *** There was an error processing payment using the payment option you supplied. If paying by PayPal, please try again at a later time. If paying by credit card, please check that the billing address you entered matches the address on your credit card account or use a different credit card and try again. If you need further help with your purchase, please contact customer support.

Additional Information: Address verification failed.

I used the address linked to my card and a Dublin post code for the zip but it's not happening. Any ideas?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,623 ✭✭✭Dancor

Ageyev wrote: »
    Is anyone here on UFC Fight Pass? I've been trying to signup but it won't accept my address.

I get this message:

I used the address linked to my card and a Dublin post code for the zip but it's not happening. Any ideas?

I signed up on Saturday with no issues. Instead of Dublin 7, I put in D7. Try that?

Dancor wrote: »
    I signed up on Saturday with no issues. Instead of Dublin 7, I put in D7. Try that?

Just tried that but got the same message. I am stumped: I put street address in the first line, area in the second line, Dublin for city and post code with just the number, with Dublin then the number and the way you suggested. Hmm.

Would it matter that I am using a Visa debit card? I wanted to use Paypal but didn't see that option.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,623 ✭✭✭Dancor

Ageyev wrote: »
    Just tried that but got the same message. I am stumped: I put street address in the first line, area in the second line, Dublin for city and post code with just the number, with Dublin then the number and the way you suggested. Hmm.

Would it matter that I am using a Visa debit card? I wanted to use Paypal but didn't see that option.

Na, I used a visa debit too. Strange.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,725 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

I had the same problem. Tried to sign up for another free week using my parent's cards, and none of them would work because of the address. Missed the weekend's events because of it, already pay for BT so I'm not spending another €8 a month

I had the same problem. Tried to sign up for another free week using my parent's cards, and none of them would work because of the address. Missed the weekend's events because of it, already pay for BT so I'm not spending another €8 a month

I got past the address issue but now it's telling me I already had a free trial week and that I would have to buy a sub. I have never had a free trial week :confused:

It seems messy and unnecessary both UFC and WWE having their streaming service tied in with their website accounts.

The miserable saga of me trying to sign up to the Fight Pass free trial eventually came to an end - they claim that because I made an attempt at signing up for it (and failed obviously) I now can't use the email or card I tried with. Bizarre.

This week's episode of The Ultimate Fighter - Episode 6 was one of my TV highlights of 2014 Pro Wrestling or MMA wise.

Ais and Becky "making it" within a 4 month window is so cool

Ais Daly fights in the Quarter Finals tonight (this morning) some time I can't find on BT Sports.

Hon The Bash

First big fight in a long time and this hype special is worth your time:

UFC 182 is this Sunday morning:
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/UFC_182

• Registered Users Posts: 2,520 ✭✭✭Hashtag_HEEL

It's great when these fights get personal. Much more fun to watch two lad knock the tar out of eachother out of emotion on top of prize fighting!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,448 ✭✭✭Garseys

Can't wait for Jones vs Cormier, gonna be an epic fight. Rooting for DC in it. Cowboy vs Jury aswell is an interesting match up.

Cowboy is worth watching the UFC Embedded alone (Let alone the Jones vs DC Drama)

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,685 Mod ✭✭✭✭riffmongous

I'm looking forward to this a lot, it sure does make it a lot more exciting to have two guys who genuinely hate each so much and aren't just phoning it in for the PPV buys. I'd only bet on Jones to win but I really hope Comier destroys him

• Registered Users Posts: 303 ✭✭Uncle Walt

I'm really really looking forward to this one.. Hope DC wins it

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 15,238 ✭✭✭✭Diabhal Beag

I'll be up for this one (horrific sleep pattern). Aside from Cormier's fight what else should I pay attention to?

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,685 Mod ✭✭✭✭riffmongous

I'll be up for this one (horrific sleep pattern). Aside from Cormier's fight what else should I pay attention to?
    a bit late now but Cerrone is usually well worth a watch

1z3xrae.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 1,448 ✭✭✭Garseys

Man I love Cowboy. Those kicks to Myles Jury at the end of the third round were nasty. **** you" kicks as he called them.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

Ugh watching this fight develop on 3e.
    Hard to like Jones with the eye pokes, shoulder crank attempts, irritating personality and Greg Jackson.
    Surprised to see him lean on Cormier as much but tactically clever as its draining Cormier further. Don't know if his cardio is weak from the weight cut or emotional energy but he's exhausted here in Round 4.

Icymi Jones took a PED test in December and tested positive for cocaine. A second test was negative and he's off to a rehab. As the cocaine was outside of competition he faces no immediate sanction (he would have if it was fight week afaik). There was a third test more recently.

His first test showed low testosterone.

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/mma-cagewriter/ufc-champion-jon-jones-enters-into-a-drug-treatment-facility-214520325.html

• Registered Users Posts: 219 ✭✭Tssk

Shamrock needs his head examined...But that's probably the exact reason he is fighting in an unlicenced bout

• Registered Users Posts: 6,744 ✭✭✭raze_them_all_

It honestly saddens me to see shamrock now days

• Advertisement

Shamrock interview here at Place to be Nation podcasts http://placetobe.podbean.com/mf/web/smcxuv/PTBNSportsLounge23.mp3

Doesn't rouse confidence

Advertisement