Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UFC/MMA etc crossover Thread *Spoilers for latest show*

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,391 ✭✭✭Scar Tissue

GTR63 wrote: »
    Its a 1 fight card and that fight will go 2 rounds max. Miller vs Lauzon would of nearly been a prelim 5 years ago, its a fight where the winner will go nowhere in the lightweight title reckoning
    ijn30ZZ9JXvJv.gif

Even Joe is shocked at what you said, are you for real?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,469 ✭✭✭✭GTR63

Even Joe is shocked at what you said, are you for real?
    Well Cerrone is fighting Pettis the winner will probably get a title shot after or before Melendez. I can't see Miller or Lauzon getting a title shot anytime soon with Aldo talking about a move up to 155 aswell and I hope Edgar is in there somewhere too. So who will Miller fight next Diaz? No he lost to him a few months ago.

Was meant to quote the post saying the main event was a damp squib >.<

Maybe squib wasn't the right word but after that hand connected in the first round it was just impossible for Cigano to recover in time, it would of knocked out a LOT of men. Cain then pushed on in the 2nd, the next few rounds just felt as acedemic as joining dots to watch I felt Cain could of moved in for the kill instead of taking the rounds.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

scudzilla wrote: »
    And there is the proof that you should stick to pro wrestling as you obviously know fcuk all about MMA

The New Japan Tokyo Dome show will have an interesting undercard at least. He could do worse.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,402 ✭✭✭Tinie

Anybody know is the new series of TUF worth a watch?

ibh1ddGucNiJLv.gif

Silva does it for The Brock.

rovert wrote: »

Silva does it for The Brock.

I`m replaying that in my head with Mauro Ranallo going mental.

Haven`t watched this or the FOX card yet, were they any good?

I`m replaying that in my head with Mauro Ranallo going mental.

Haven`t watched this or the FOX card yet, were they any good?

Both really good cards. The lil nog vs. Rashad fight literally put me to sleep though.

• Advertisement

Both really good cards. The lil nog vs. Rashad fight literally put me to sleep though.

I was amazed Evans got beat & he was talking about a Silva fight and all :rolleyes:

He needs to drop to 185 and cop on a little bit :p

The Fox card was very, very good. Saturday's show had a lot of boring fights.

The Fox card was very, very good. Saturday's show had a lot of boring fights.

What fights did you think were boring out of interest?

UFC are staging their first ever women's fight in the main event of a PPV at the end of the month. This is the first "UFC Primetime" hype special:

Posting it as people are raving about this especially the super emotional last ten minutes. Positively comparing it to the high end specials like the Brock-Mir in terms of quality. As Wrestling fans I think we have a higher appreciation for the art of manipulation involved in these things in terms of turning human interest stories into motivation to invest to watching someone fight. This is an incredibly effective example of that.

Were any of ye in trinity yesterday? Saw on facebook that a mate of mine got a picture with dana in temple bar

I'm feeling heelish.
    Come on Nick!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,448 ✭✭✭Garseys

I'm feeling heelish.
    Come on Nick!

I very much enjoyed the "**** You Diaz" chants. Major heel heat :pac:

Ireland's Conor McGregor makes his UFC debut next.

Live stream here:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B7tROwE-f_Q&feature=player_embedded

Domination. Hes definitely one to watch.

• Advertisement

Tinie wrote: »
    Domination. Hes definitely one to watch.

754914050.gif

Yeah not just European card level star potential but legit US PPV main card potential.

Apparently Conor was on the dole receiving €188 a week and he won the $60,000 Knockout of the Night bonus!

• Registered Users Posts: 39,030 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

Apparently Conor was on the dole receiving €188 a week and he won the $60,000 Knockout of the Night bonus!

Well he was fighting and training full time, so there's no surprise that he had no income.

Conor did exceptionally well on The Late Late tonight:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,047 ✭✭✭GerB40

Conor did exceptionally well on The Late Late tonight:
    What's the names of the two lads? I know f*ck all about MMA but i want to get into it..

GerB40 wrote: »
    What's the names of the two lads? I know f*ck all about MMA but i want to get into it..

Did you even watch the interview? Lol

Conor McGregor (l) and Cathal Pendred (r)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,047 ✭✭✭GerB40

Did you even watch the interview? Lol

Conor McGregor (l) and Cathal Pendred (r)

Nice one bud, i was trying to pay attention but i had loud bastards in the room... Thanks.

Just been catching up via Sky+ Tate vs Zingano was such a great fight, pity that Urijah seemed to fail to perform to the level of his series performances but UFC were hyping him up far too much in the build up as if he`d to only show up. Found the Jones & Sonnen verbal exchange on the finale to be more entertaining than there fight was last nite. Jones brushed him off easily on both occasions but that broken toe looked quite painful.

359e6uv.jpg

• Advertisement

Ill be gone grey by the time they come back.

Even though its a shame we got such a poor card back for 93, the atmosphere was still immense. I can only imagine what it would be like with with say Conor fighting for a title. Katie taylor @ olympics x 2.

Advertisement