Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Those little tips and tricks that make life that little bit easier.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,389 ✭✭✭mattjack

twirlagig wrote: »
    If you have a bottle or jar that you can't open, put on a rubber glove and then twist it! Works like magic! :D (I think that might be an Aggie & Kim tip) :)

Throw it at a wall, they always open that way.

• Registered Users Posts: 868 ✭✭✭DonalN

When in a lift, hold the 'door close' button and the floor you want to go to until the doors close and the lift starts moving - this bypasses all other stop requests on the way to your floor. Very handy in large tower hotels.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,013 ✭✭✭kincsem

twirlagig wrote: »
    If you have a bottle or jar that you can't open, put on a rubber glove and then twist it! Works like magic! :D (I think that might be an Aggie & Kim tip) :)
    To open a stubborn jar lid pour a little boiling water on the lid. It will then unscrew easily.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 776 ✭✭✭sellerbarry

Better to give, than to receive. In the case of infections only.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,536 ✭✭✭AngryBollix

kincsem wrote: »
    To open a stubborn jar lid pour a little boiling water on the lid. It will then unscrew easily.

Assuming its metal of course as metal expands upon heating.

Plastic lids may melt or become deformed in boiling water

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,137 ✭✭✭Balfie

ya know when ya get outta the shower an the mirror is all steamed up.. Rub a bar of soap all over it then wipe off with tissue or a dry towel, it won't steam up again for awhile..

• Registered Users Posts: 3,137 ✭✭✭Balfie

also with the jar, if ya can't open it, stab the lid with a sharp knife it releases the pressure and it opens easy. Its what I always do..

Johro wrote: »
    There's a rule? Explain the rule?

not a rule as much as a saying!
    "more than a handful is a waste!"
    There's a beginning part to that too but I can't remember it....

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 33 The Lorax

Want to hurt someone? Don't get in a fight - simply use telekinesis to burn their house down while they sleep in it.

Save time by skipping Chuck Stone's sh*t jokes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 810 ✭✭✭Inbox

When the toilet roll becomes uneven just flip one layer of the sheet over.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,327 ✭✭✭Sykk

A mate of mine said to me "I am convinced my brother is stealing my expensive aftershave". I suggested he replace it with acid and if the brother comes in with his neck melted off then his theory is correct.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,379 ✭✭✭TheCosmicFrog

Never take sleeping pills and laxatives at the same time...

• Registered Users Posts: 159 ✭✭BlimpyBoy

2 in the pink and 1 in the stink......

Alternatively, the Minivan:

2 in the front, 5 in the back :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,030 ✭✭✭✭Chuck Stone

The Lorax wrote: »

Oh you cut me real deep...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

Always look out for Johnny the tackling Alzheimers patient

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

Oh I'd need a man with big hands. Otherwise I'd be breaking the "more than a handful" rule ;)

Pics

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 33 The Lorax

^^ Proved my point.

How come you're not funny? :confused: Yet you try so hard - must be frustrating.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,992 ✭✭✭Korvanica

If for some reason you want to taste salt, pretend so shake a salt shaker into your mouth.

• Registered Users Posts: 326 ✭✭Attabear

Korvanica wrote: »
    If for some reason you want to taste salt, pretend so shake a salt shaker into your mouth.

What are you people looking at? I'm just trying something suggested by a stranger on the internet.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,030 ✭✭✭✭Chuck Stone

How come you're not funny? :confused: Yet you try so hard - must be frustrating.

Busted. You got me. I try so hard for people to laugh at me me but I can't seem to get it right.

Thanks for pointing that out. My life may well take a more productive path now.

No more sleepless nights coming up with jokes to impress strangers on the web.

Ta.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,556 ✭✭✭Deus Ex Machina

^^ Proved my point.

Busted. You got me. I try so hard for people to laugh at me me but I can't seem to get it right.

Ta.

Love rows :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 155 ✭✭dancesatnight

if you have an itchy bum deal with it be fore u go to sleep or ull wake up with a smelly hand

• Registered Users Posts: 1,633 ✭✭✭Feeona

If your bread gets dry in the bread bin, keep it in a bucket of water.

Take all the buttons off your garments before you put them in the washing machine. It stops the irritiating clacking noise the buttons make when they hit off the glass part of the door.

To save precious seconds writing a shopping list, bring your bin with you to the supermarket so you can see what you've run out of.

To save wear and tear on carpets, roll them up and keep them in the garage.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,828 ✭✭✭Reamer Fanny

Put some toilet paper in the bowl before laying some pipe, nice clean landing with minimal splash back

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,809 ✭✭✭✭smash

Bury your wife under the patio.... no more headaches!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,065 ✭✭✭Fighting Irish

^^ Proved my point.

A high precentage of people on boards are the same, try way to hard to be funny, i personally believe the "thanks" button caused it all

kryogen wrote: »
    Pics

Or GTFO?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,536 ✭✭✭Stiffler2

Blisterman wrote: »
    Save wear and tear on your forks when eating spaghetti by tieing the ends of each strand together and eating it in one long suck.

or
    OR

just purchase this awesome spaghetti fork, check out this sh!t

• Registered Users Posts: 5,389 ✭✭✭mattjack

Ta.

That'll teach you for trying to be funny , ya unfunny bastard .......:pac::pac::pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 935 ✭✭✭giles lynchwood

Times of hash and no money,
    are better then times of
    money and no hash.

Always put your underware on,yellow to the front and brown to the back.

Advertisement