Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nokia Lumia 800

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 360 ✭✭jonseyblub

stevenmu wrote: »
    Did you try installing and running the network setup app?

Had the same problem and went into Nokia repair centre and was told to install this app. Within a couple of minutes the app did its job and was able then to send photos

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,689 Mod ✭✭✭✭stevenmu

Agent_47 wrote: »
    Ditto, seeing the guru but will be returning the phone unless it can link with my computer and my MP3, mp4 and other music will synch with the phone. I find it daft that bluetooth won't work with a Noki2 express music and that none of the music on that phone will transfer to the 800 via either PC, Bluetooth or MMS.

That should be easy. Just transfer the music from your other phone to your PC, then add it to Zune and sync it to your 800.

• Registered Users Posts: 901 ✭✭✭angeline

Well I got sorted anyway today, went to the shop today and they figured there was a fault in the phone so they gave me a new phone!

On a lighter note, does anyone know if you can download Talking Tom Cat to Nokia Lumia 800?!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,462 ✭✭✭mayo.mick

I don't think talking tom cat is on market place. I've downloaded talking hamster from market place myself.

• Advertisement

Ok, if anyone can shed some light on this I would really appreciate it. Had my handset replaced today and picture messages were sending fine. I can't believe that the same thing has happened again, when I send a picture message now same error message 'can't send message. try again'. Says there is media content and can't send. Please help someone...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,388 ✭✭✭KingOfFairview

angeline wrote: »
    Ok, if anyone can shed some light on this I would really appreciate it. Had my handset replaced today and picture messages were sending fine. I can't believe that the same thing has happened again, when I send a picture message now same error message 'can't send message. try again'. Says there is media content and can't send. Please help someone...

Do you have your network data toggle switched to 'on'?

Hi, yes, it is switched on. I'm thinking this might be a problem with the lumias.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,511 ✭✭✭✭vectra

Anyone manage to get pictures from the 800 on to a laptop?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,553 ✭✭✭✭Copper_pipe

vectra wrote: »

I think you can sync with Zune ,

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,275 ✭✭✭evolutionqy7

vectra wrote: »

Yeah

• Registered Users Posts: 15,511 ✭✭✭✭vectra

I think you can sync with Zune ,

I have been trying that but getting an error with the picture synch.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,388 ✭✭✭KingOfFairview

Hi, yes, it is switched on. I'm thinking this might be a problem with the lumias.

Very odd, I never got that (except when I didn't have data on). Which network are you on?

• Registered Users Posts: 758 ✭✭✭Agent_47

stevenmu wrote: »
    That should be easy. Just transfer the music from your other phone to your PC, then add it to Zune and sync it to your 800.

Zune is or was the crux of the problem along possibly with an XP netbook. Went to the O2 shop and got to talk to a Guru. He did not want to talk or take me through Zune (seems they are being told not to as it is a Microsoft application). Anyway he told me what I could and could not do, I told him what I could and could not do.
    Anyway, we got to Zune, he showed me the front page of Zune and I told him I do not get the sme features popping up but I noticed the settings page where you link to your ripped or stored files and his had links, I had links only to the folders where stuff changes! Also he indicated that the file trasnfer rate is horrendous and you nearly have to do a bit at a time.
    Got back home, synched the phone, logged in and updated the folder settings for pictures and music. Out of the corner of my eye caught the media files loading but took ages for pictures and music to pop up. Now it is all there and I am sending music down to the phone and my bloody ringtones! Taking forever.

Very odd, I never got that (except when I didn't have data on). Which network are you on?

I'm with o2. Pulling my hair out at this stage!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,275 ✭✭✭evolutionqy7

I'm with o2. Pulling my hair out at this stage!

Over MMS? Really? I said earlier, it's really not worth it.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,402 ✭✭✭Tinie

People still use MMS these days?!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

Tinie wrote: »

Why so surprised?

Not everyone uses imessage, whatsapp etc

Well I use the MMS to send photos to the folks who don't have fancy phones. I've it sorted now anyway, inputted the settings manually. It's just that when you buy a new mobile it's nice to have it work properly after paying €199 for it!! I wasn't actually pulling out my hair!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,395 ✭✭✭AntiVirus

Tinie wrote: »

Unfortunately some people still do. While most people will now email you their pictures some old schoolers like to send by mms. That's when it becomes your problem because if you don't set up your mms on your phone you will keep getting the same message beeping on your phone for the next 7 days.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,172 ✭✭✭✭kmart6

Well I use the MMS to send photos to the folks who don't have fancy phones. I've it sorted now anyway, inputted the settings manually. It's just that when you buy a new mobile it's nice to have it work properly after paying €199 for it!! I wasn't actually pulling out my hair!!
    Your givining out about spending €199 and not being able to do something that is very easy to set up yourself, something people have always done, try spend €600 on a certain other phone and be sent to some random place cause the software sucks!

Sorry, but I did set it up myself and it worked, but the problem is not with me, even the o2 staff or tech support can't solve the 'problem'. And I personally wouldn't pay €600 for a phone. I'm entitled to expect a working phone after paying for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 992 ✭✭✭danger_mouse_tm

I can't get any of the speech stuff to work on my lumia 800 (vodafone). It's just constantly makes that three tone ascending sound and finally says: cannot connect to network.

I can't get any of the speech stuff to work on my lumia 800 (vodafone). It's just constantly makes that three tone ascending sound and finally says: cannot connect to network.

Just tried it on the wifi and it works fine. I don't know what the problem is when I'm on 3g

• Registered Users Posts: 23,984 ✭✭✭✭ejmaztec

Haven't read through this huge thread, but has anyone experience a charging problem with this phone? My missus was daft enough to get one through her Vodafone Billpay upgrade.

The battery life has always been crap, despite the "fix" that was released some time ago, but now she's having trouble charging the damn thing. She can't get it to fully charge, and it's even discharging, no matter whether the Nokia charger is used, or PC usb connection.

The problem gets a mention on this forum:

http://discussions.nokia.com/t5/Nokia-Lumia/Lumia-broken-usb-connector-phone-won-t-charge/td-p/1395735/page/2

• Registered Users Posts: 2,462 ✭✭✭mayo.mick

Here's another problem with the lumia 800. Have the lumia about 6 months, MMS never worked on it, downloaded the network settings app (after reading about it in this thread :) ) now explorer won't connect on the phone, getting error 403. It will connect through wifi no problem, switch wifi off, nothing. I suspect when I ran the network settings app, this switched or deleted the APN. I've searched but cannot find where to change the APN :mad:, which is the correct one? Any help from you guys?

• Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭simi956

See this thread

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056645747

Within settings it is either called Cellular or Mobile Network

• Registered Users Posts: 951 ✭✭✭andrewdeerpark

Forget Zune and use skydrive if its giving you hassle, no need for a PC link then. Also look at what anti-virus you are using, it may be blocking the communication.

I'm looking for a way to create different playlists on my phone when I am listening to music. I have so much music, I want to be able to add tracks to playlists as they are playing and then be able to burn those playlists to disc for playing back in the car.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,689 Mod ✭✭✭✭stevenmu

You can save whatever is in your "Now Playing" as a playlist by clicking the 3 dots to bring up the menu.

I haven't tried this specifically, but I think that if you started playing an existing playlist, that would populate your "Now Playing". You could then browse your music and add more tracks to your "Now Playing", then save that as a playlist. You could try giving it the same name as your original playlist and see would it overwrite, or if not just give it a different name.

Advertisement