Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nokia Lumia 800

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 122 ✭✭AlmostCared

Anyone been able to unlock their phone? Meteor gave me a 16 digit unlock code and the PUK code and told me to enter #pw + 16 digit code + 1# but after attempting to do that and failing to get it to work (can't get PW to come up) I started looking it up online. Apparently, the Lumia uses a different unlocking system to Nokia's previous phones and Meteor aren't giving out the right codes and formats. Anyone know how I can unlock it myself or how to do it? Got quoted from €55-€95 for an unlock in various phone unlocking shops today!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,055 ✭✭✭Ronan H

Anyone been able to unlock their phone? Meteor gave me a 16 digit unlock code and the PUK code and told me to enter #pw + 16 digit code + 1# but after attempting to do that and failing to get it to work (can't get PW to come up) I started looking it up online. Apparently, the Lumia uses a different unlocking system to Nokia's previous phones and Meteor aren't giving out the right codes and formats. Anyone know how I can unlock it myself or how to do it? Got quoted from €55-€95 for an unlock in various phone unlocking shops today!

The pw method does not work with the Lumia 800. Assuming you have the correct code, you then need to put in a SIM card from another network, power the phone on, and you will then be requested to enter the code. I can't remember what exactly comes up on the screen as it's ages since I did it, but it's as simple as described and worked fine for me first time. I'm sure others will verify this.

Ronan

• Registered Users Posts: 122 ✭✭AlmostCared

Ronan H wrote: »
    The pw method does not work with the Lumia 800. Assuming you have the correct code, you then need to put in a SIM card from another network, power the phone on, and you will then be requested to enter the code. I can't remember what exactly comes up on the screen as it's ages since I did it, but it's as simple as described and worked fine for me first time. I'm sure others will verify this.

Ronan

I have already tried this and I only have one attempt remaining so I really want to know I'm right before doing this.

I have already tried this and I only have one attempt remaining so I really want to know I'm right before doing this.

I see, that could potentially suggest an incorrect unlock code if the process is not working I guess? That's an issue that your operator will have to sort out I'd imagine, I can't help you on that myself I'm afraid :).

Good luck with your mission!

• Registered Users Posts: 901 ✭✭✭angeline

I'm having difficulty in downloading any apps from my phone. The message 'Windows Live ID service is unavailable at the moment. Try again' keeps appearing. I have already created a Windows Live account. Any suggestions?

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,402 ✭✭✭Tinie

Still waiting on o2 to give me my code!

• Registered Users Posts: 951 ✭✭✭andrewdeerpark

I replied to you on the other forum. Basically Ronan is right you need an 8 digit NUMERIC only unlock code they are giving you the old nokia unlock procedure.

Downloaded the Nokia Contacts Share free app from Marketplace last night it solves one of the big pains I had: not being able to SMS contacts to other people. This is now working, both sending a contact and receiving one and saving it, used an N8 to test it. Should have been on the phone from the start.

I also added the Microsoft World Clock which is pretty cool added 4 cities and the Microsoft Stock app which give the share price of any number of stocks from exchanges across the world. Again all free.

Also added the translator app which I have not really tested yet.

I replied to you on the other forum. Basically Ronan is right you need an 8 digit NUMERIC only unlock code they are giving you the old nokia unlock procedure.

Nice one Andrew, you're right about the 8 digit code. I didn't remember that when I replied earlier but now that my memory has been jogged, it makes sense that it was a shorter code than those typically used!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,553 ✭✭✭✭Copper_pipe

If i add a different account to my lumia 800 will I lose all my apps?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,275 ✭✭✭evolutionqy7

If i add a different account to my lumia 800 will I lose all my apps?

You mean a different Microsoft account when your setting up the phone? Then yes.

If just adding another email on top of the one in already then no.

I must say, the battery life in this phone is terrible. And I only have it a week or so. I barely get the day out of it and that's with minimum usage.

angeline wrote: »
    I must say, the battery life in this phone is terrible. And I only have it a week or so. I barely get the day out of it and that's with minimum usage.

Do you have WiFi, Data and Full brightness on? These would kill the battery life. Try turning them off when not using, makes a huge difference.

Also plug it into the PC when running Zune just to be sure that the latest available update is installed.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,513 ✭✭✭✭vectra

I get a good two days out of my battery.

Make sure you have the latest software version 7.5. Download Zune on a pc and update if not.

• Registered Users Posts: 470 ✭✭Fran1985

Do you have WiFi, Data and Full brightness on? These would kill the battery life. Try turning them off when not using, makes a huge difference.

Also plug it into the PC when running Zune just to be sure that the latest available update is installed.

I've tried that and made very little difference, only thing i left running was whatsapp and i'd barely get the day out of the battery. 20 mins journey to work, listen to radio, check FB etc then not really use it for the rest of the day and the battery would still be drained . i now just leave it plugged in all day in work and then over night. No other way of keeping the battery alive.

• Registered Users Posts: 630 ✭✭✭hadoken13

Fran1985 wrote: »
    I've tried that and made very little difference, only thing i left running was whatsapp and i'd barely get the day out of the battery. 20 mins journey to work, listen to radio, check FB etc then not really use it for the rest of the day and the battery would still be drained . i now just leave it plugged in all day in work and then over night. No other way of keeping the battery alive.

Dial ##634# and then a new item will show up in your app list called Diagnostics. If you then go to Battery Status in the Diagnostics tool this will tell you your full charge capacity. If it's anywhere under 1100mAh then it is faulty and you will have to get it replaced - I think Nokia cover this. If I've everything turned off on my phone the battery usage is averaging around 70 - 80 mA (current).

Also, ensure that there are no background tasks running in Settings -> Applications -> background tasks. And enable battery saving mode. I get at least a day and a half on my phone (with a couple of hours WiFi usage).

I have wifi turned off, data turned on, and just reset the brightness from high to medium. I also have latest version of Zune installed and have just enabled battery saver.

hadoken13 wrote: »
    Dial ##634# and then a new item will show up in your app list called Diagnostics. If you then go to Battery Status in the Diagnostics tool this will tell you your full charge capacity. If it's anywhere under 1100mAh then it is faulty and you will have to get it replaced - I think Nokia cover this. If I've everything turned off on my phone the battery usage is averaging around 70 - 80 mA (current).

Also, ensure that there are no background tasks running in Settings -> Applications -> background tasks. And enable battery saving mode. I get at least a day and a half on my phone (with a couple of hours WiFi usage).

Hi, I just dialled ##634# and it says voltage is 3.800 roughly and current is 76 MA.

Hi, I just dialled ##634# and it says voltage is 3.800 roughly and current is 76 MA.

What's the Full Charge Capacity? It's just under the Current. By the way, the current of 76mA is very good.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,194 ✭✭✭Corruptedmorals

I've never had to use data before, how do I enable it?

I've never had to use data before, how do I enable it?

Settings -> System -> mobile network -> Data connection - set to on.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,561 ✭✭✭rickyjb

Those figures don't add up, if the least you're using is 70 mA (with everything turned off) then the most you could get is 15 hours?? (1100/70)

rickyjb wrote: »
    Those figures don't add up, if the least you're using is 70 mA (with everything turned off) then the most you could get is 15 hours?? (1100/70)

Dividing like that is not accurate - or the phone is reading it incorrectly. My full charge capacity is averaging 1300mAh, the current usage never goes below 70mA and I still get over 1.5 days. So the maths don't add up - but the battery on the phone averages 1.5 days.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,689 Mod ✭✭✭✭stevenmu

For one thing, if you are using the diagnostics app to measure the current drain then you have the screen on, which is a big drain, and I'd bet the CPU would be in a higher usage mode as well.

As soon as you put the phone into standby, the current drain would drop a lot.

I've just charged my phone fully and according to Battery Saver Remaining battery life is 100% and estimated time remaining is 1 day and 5 hours. Actually I just enabled battery saver until next charge and it says 1 day and 10 hours remaining.

I've just charged my phone fully and according to Battery Saver Remaining battery life is 100% and estimated time remaining is 1 day and 5 hours. Actually I just enabled battery saver until next charge and it says 1 day and 10 hours remaining.

That looks like exactly what I see on my mothers phone. Its obviously going to go down when the screen or apps are in use, but in general I found that to be quite accurate.

If you want your battery life to go further get used to using battery saver and forget about push notifications :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,194 ✭✭✭Corruptedmorals

Settings -> System -> mobile network -> Data connection - set to on.

Thanks, but it's still not working, was already set to on anyway. Must bring it in to 02.

• Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭spring21

hi guys i have a problem with my lumia too, when I 'm on skype I can see mys elf on the screen and my camera seems to have a back set up .I looked everywhere to turn it and there is not a turn like on iphones.
    Another problem , Is there any way that I can listen to the radio without internet connection?
    I would really appreciate some help. Thank you

• Advertisement

spring21 wrote: »
    hi guys i have a problem with my lumia too, when I 'm on skype I can see mys elf on the screen and my camera seems to have a back set up .I looked everywhere to turn it and there is not a turn like on iphones.
    Another problem , Is there any way that I can listen to the radio without internet connection?
    I would really appreciate some help. Thank you

You have no front facing camera on the 800. That's sort of obvious

Yes you can. If you go into the Music Hub at the bottom there's FM radio. Plug in your headset and off you go

Advertisement