Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nokia Lumia 800

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭spring21

You have no front facing camera on the 800. That's sort of obvious

Yes you can. If you go into the Music Hub at the bottom there's FM radio. Plug in your headset and off you go
    Got the radio working,thank you.
    Thats odd as on the web for lumia 800 does shows the face camera for skype:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,056 ✭✭✭✭BostonB

spring21 wrote: »
    Thats odd as on the web for lumia 800 does shows the face camera for skype:rolleyes:

The skype app does the same on my android phone also without a front facing camera. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,275 ✭✭✭evolutionqy7

spring21 wrote: »

Its not possible. Lumia 800 doesn't have a front facing camera, you can make use of the rear camera :) but I do suggest using a mirror then ;)

Lumia 900 (the bigger brother) has a front facing camera.

• Registered Users Posts: 992 ✭✭✭danger_mouse_tm

Can't pick up my gmail. I've deleted the gmail account from the phone...created a new one and no problem sending mail but when I go to receive it says,,, no messages..

Can't pick up my gmail. I've deleted the gmail account from the phone...created a new one and no problem sending mail but when I go to receive it says,,, no messages..

Go into settings, there probably is a list box where you can select to sync email from all the time. Its more than likely only syncing very recent mail?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 992 ✭✭✭danger_mouse_tm

Go into settings, there probably is a list box where you can select to sync email from all the time. Its more than likely only syncing very recent mail?

Gold Star for you!;)

• Registered Users Posts: 15,513 ✭✭✭✭vectra

On my sons Iphone 4 he can view a map of his Geo tagged photos with red dots of where he has been,
    The Lumia 800 geo tags as far as I am aware but is there a feature on the phone like the iphone?
    Cheers

vectra wrote: »
    On my sons Iphone 4 he can view a map of his Geo tagged photos with red dots of where he has been,
    The Lumia 800 geo tags as far as I am aware but is there a feature on the phone like the iphone?
    Cheers

Not on the phone, when you upload them to the skydrive it lets you view where they we're taken.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,120 ✭✭✭wheresmybeaver

Cheers

check the marketplace - there are a few apps that will let you do this on the phone itself

EDIT; a good free one (I see antivirus also mentioned this one): http://www.windowsphone.com/en-ie/store/app/location-gallery/4ebc4190-e936-4c79-a660-9cb3b46f9fd6

• Registered Users Posts: 630 ✭✭✭hadoken13

Cheers

When you have an internet connection all the photos you take will be automatically geo-tagged. Not sure how to view them on a map though. But as the other users said there should be an app somewhere for that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,395 ✭✭✭AntiVirus

Cheers

I use Location Gallery

Or use Image Map for something thats a lot more advanced

• Registered Users Posts: 1,055 ✭✭✭Ronan H

hadoken13 wrote: »
    When you have an internet connection all the photos you take will be automatically geo-tagged. Not sure how to view them on a map though. But as the other users said there should be an app somewhere for that.

Just a quick note on that, they will only be tagged if you have geo tagging switched on in your camera settings. So I imagine it's more about that setting than the Internet connection...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,395 ✭✭✭AntiVirus

Ronan H wrote: »
    So I imagine it's more about that setting than the Internet connection...

You don't need an internet connection at all for geo tagging.

• Registered Users Posts: 630 ✭✭✭hadoken13

Ronan H wrote: »
    Just a quick note on that, they will only be tagged if you have geo tagging switched on in your camera settings. So I imagine it's more about that setting than the Internet connection...

Oh ye forgot about that - mine was set to on so never paid any attention to it.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,553 ✭✭✭✭Copper_pipe

Anyone having problems with the mini usb port. My phone isn't charging properly, I have to fiddle with the charger to get it to charge

Theres been reports of other people having problems with the port. I think I'd try try returning it.

Should I try contact Nokia or Vodafone

Just bring it back to the place you bought it.

I haven't heard of stuff like that

• Registered Users Posts: 7,042 ✭✭✭kaizersoze

I had a problem with my 800 that I bought from o2 last march. Didn't bother contacting them but got onto Nokia directly. Mine was a software problem where most of the menus wouldn't work and just crashed back to the home screen. Factory restore didn't fix.

I downloaded this form from their support site....
    http://download.fds-ncom.nokia.com/supportFiles/phones/files/pdf_guides/other/repair_form/freepost-return-form-V16.pdf
    Found on this page....
    http://www.nokia.com/ie-en/support/troubleshooting/
    ....filled it out and stuck the phone and form into a padded envelope and posted to the freepost address on it.

I also rang the number on the form in case I needed an RMA or anything. No need they said, just post it back.
    I posted it on Monday and it was repaired and shipped back on Thursday. Hasn't arrived to me yet but should have it Monday.

kaizersoze wrote: »

I had a problem with my 800 that I bought from o2 last march. Didn't bother contacting them but got onto Nokia directly. Mine was a software problem where most of the menus wouldn't work and just crashed back to the home screen. Factory restore didn't fix.

I downloaded this form from their support site....
    http://download.fds-ncom.nokia.com/supportFiles/phones/files/pdf_guides/other/repair_form/freepost-return-form-V16.pdf
    Found on this page....
    http://www.nokia.com/ie-en/support/troubleshooting/
    ....filled it out and stuck the phone and form into a padded envelope and posted to the freepost address on it.

I also rang the number on the form in case I needed an RMA or anything. No need they said, just post it back.
    I posted it on Monday and it was repaired and shipped back on Thursday. Hasn't arrived to me yet but should have it Monday.

Will try that, Thanks alot

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,130 ✭✭✭mel.b

Where is the cheapest place to the get the Lumia 800 sim free? I'm with Tesco mobile E16 p/m sim only and the plan is perfect for me as most of my calls and texts are international and none of the other networks can compete with Tesco's international call rates.

Probably the O2 €199 one and get an unlock online. But the unlock seems to be expensive, around $60. If not seen an unlocked one cheaper than that. I've not seen unlocks codes available for the other networks either. But consider its the same as extra €20 for 12 months. The O2 one seems to be out of stock a lot though.

• Registered Users Posts: 487 ✭✭kilsmum

Sorry if this question has been asked before - does anyone know is there an option to increase the amount of contacts you can have in a group?

I need to have more than 20 in each group and it wont let me add anymore when I reach 20. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Kilsmum

• Registered Users Posts: 1,388 ✭✭✭KingOfFairview

Can't believe Vodafone are still charging full price for this...

Can't believe Vodafone are still charging full price for this...

I know.
    I wanted to buy one in Vodafone but ported over to o2because of the price

• Registered Users Posts: 1,388 ✭✭✭KingOfFairview

I know.
    I wanted to buy one in Vodafone but ported over to o2because of the price

Still €429 when everyone knows it's not getting Windows 8 and the 920 is weeks away? Ridiculous... makes me wonder if in fact they do intend to get the new WP8s at all.

Just one thing I find with the phone, Possibly some other owner has the same thing.
    When the phone rings it seems as though it auto answers but the person ringing says it goes dead. If I re-boot the phone it all goes fine again. Anyone have this?

Guys what the best way to backup my contacts/pictures before I send the phone back? All my contacts are on phone and not my micro sim

Guys what the best way to backup my contacts/pictures before I send the phone back? All my contacts are on phone and not my micro sim

Contacts are backed up to your Live Account
    Photos are best backed up with Zune on the PC. You could use SkyDrive but it's not going to upload full resolution photos

• Advertisement

How do I find the product code?

Advertisement