Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nokia Lumia 800

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,275 ✭✭✭evolutionqy7

BostonB wrote: »
    The 800 takes a micro sim yes?

Yes

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,599 ✭✭✭Fiskar

Just got the Lumia 800 and finding my feet with it. 3 quick questions for those in the know.

1) Used to be able to check my credit level by punching in *100# and pressing send. Can I check my credit using similar on the 800?

2) Sent a text with 34 kb media file (mp3) that I wanted to save and use as my text message alert. Message received but although it says media it says getting media and nothing and no option to save or use it is available.

3) Tried Zune on an XP laptop, wanted to transfer recordings and photos from the memory card of an xpress music onto the phone but no joy. Any ideas?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,190 ✭✭✭PaulieC

Fiskar wrote: »
    Just got the Lumia 800 and finding my feet with it. 3 quick questions for those in the know.

1) Used to be able to check my credit level by punching in *100# and pressing send. Can I check my credit using similar on the 800?

2) Sent a text with 34 kb media file (mp3) that I wanted to save and use as my text message alert. Message received but although it says media it says getting media and nothing and no option to save or use it is available.

3) Tried Zune on an XP laptop, wanted to transfer recordings and photos from the memory card of an xpress music onto the phone but no joy. Any ideas?

1) I don't know the answer
    2) Look here for using MP3 as ringtones - http://www.windowsphone.com/en-us/how-to/wp7/start/create-ringtones
    3) Can you be more specific than "no joy" ?

• Registered Users Posts: 579 ✭✭✭Dub XV

*100# to check balance as always anyway.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,689 Mod ✭✭✭✭stevenmu

You need to have a mobile network data connection to download MMS media, a WIFI connection won't work, so you might need to make sure mobile data is enabled in your network settings.

You might also need to make sure it's set up correctly for your provider by installing and running the Network Settings app from the marketplace (which you can do over WIFI)
    I don't know how the card on an express music will show up on your laptop, I'm guessing it shows up as an extra drive? If so you could go to Zune's settings and in the library settings point to that drive. But the easier option is to copy them yourself into your 'My Music' and 'My Pictures' folders yourself. Zune will pick them up then.

• Advertisement

Dub XV wrote: »

I actually never managed to get that to work on several smartphones. I think the last phone I seen that working on was Nokia C201.

I actually never managed to get that to work on several smartphones. I think the last phone I seen that working on was Nokia C201.

Ha that's a strange one.

*100# and hit call and it works perfect.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,267 ✭✭✭mcgovern

It works on a WP7 Samsung Omnia 7 anyway.

Tried doing this as a text but it won't send unless there is text in the message. If I type "Credit" in as text it comes up with the message "can't send"
    Tried doing it by using the phone call menu it comes up as systems failure.

How exactly are you doing it?

Ha that's a strange one.

*100# and hit call and it works perfect.

Getting System failure when I do that.

• Advertisement

Are you with Three by any chance? It doesn't work for them.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,294 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

Having a bit of trouble with nokia drive. Cant use it in offline mode, not letting me into the application at all.

As soon as i select it i get the messege...
    Nokia Drive can only be used in online mode. Please check network connection.

Have already downloaded and intalled maps, voice, but still no joy. Any advice.

:confused:

irish-stew wrote: »
    Having a bit of trouble with nokia drive. Cant use it in offline mode, not letting me into the application at all.

As soon as i select it i get the messege...
    Nokia Drive can only be used in online mode. Please check network connection.

Have already downloaded and intalled maps, voice, but still no joy. Any advice.

:confused:

You have received the latest available nokia drive from the market place yeah?

Going into "call" and selecting numberpad

Dialling *100# and hitting call

I am on o2

Using the pre installed drive, connected to wifi so I could download the maps. Checked settings whislt connected and could see no opiton to use off line.

looked in the marketplace, cant see nokia drive in there.

irish-stew wrote: »

Using the pre installed drive, connected to wifi so I could download the maps. Checked settings whislt connected and could see no opiton to use off line.

looked in the marketplace, cant see nokia drive in there.

It's in Nokia Collection. If you go into it and it only shows share that means there is no newer version

According to support at O2 there is a technical issue with it at the moment. I'd say as I only registered the phone this evening it will take a while to configure but will check it out further.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,511 ✭✭✭✭vectra

Was going to buy an xperia T but when I saw the price of these in o2 I decided this was for me. Collecting it tomorrow morning.
    Any settings or tricks I need to know?
    Cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 11,553 ✭✭✭✭Copper_pipe

Make sure you get the update that improves battery life

• Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭simi956

For *100#, go into the App Highlights application and into Nokia Collection that way and there is a new Application called Counters to give you a break down of Credit Left and Data Used

• Advertisement

simi956 wrote: »
    For *100#, go into the App Highlights application and into Nokia Collection that way and there is a new Application called Counters to give you a break down of Credit Left and Data Used

Just as a note:

It doesnt take your Free On Net Calls into consideration. Also If your using data counter and you have 1GB it wont work. It has to be 999 mb...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 513 ✭✭✭Viber

Viber with HD calls is back apparently?

http://www.wpcentral.com/viber-hd-windows-phone-returns-nokia-collection

I had an update pending this morning so not sure if voice works yet.

Hi everyone,
    This is an official member of the Viber R&D Team.

As stated above, we have released the fixed version of our calling update of Viber for Windows Phone (For Lumia devices). It should gradually appear on Market Place for all users within the next day or two.

We would love to hear your feedback and thoughts, and know that we are continuously working to improve Viber, and bring its functionalities to more and more devices.

Best regards,
    the Viber Team.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,462 ✭✭✭mayo.mick

Downloaded viber app a few hours ago, have yet to try it.

I've tried two calls with it (my Nokia 710 to an iPhone 5). The sound quality was fantastic, really really clear and with superb definition. It's so much better than a regular phone call. It almost genuinely sounds like the person is there right beside you.

The first was over 3g, and while the sound quality was mostly excellent, there was a couple of times where the sound was garbled for a fraction of a second, and there seemed to be a bit of a delay, particularly at the start of the call. But it didn't interfere with the ability to have a fluid conversation.

It was obviously just some issue with the 3g at one, or both, ends. I tried again later with both of us connected to WiFi and it was solid as a rock.

Maps/drive sorted lads. Cheers.

;)

• Registered Users Posts: 901 ✭✭✭angeline

Buying my new Nokia 800 tomorrow!!! Can't wait. I've always used Nokia phones so was a bit apprehensive about going with the iphone. Only thing I'm worried about is that even recent reviews of the phone comment on the poor battery life.

angeline wrote: »
    Buying my new Nokia 800 tomorrow!!! Can't wait. I've always used Nokia phones so was a bit apprehensive about going with the iphone. Only thing I'm worried about is that even recent reviews of the phone comment on the poor battery life.

Battery life is fine. My mum gets 1~2 days out of it easy.

Unless your a Twitter, game, music junkie you'll struggle to get more than 12 hours from any phone

• Registered Users Posts: 901 ✭✭✭angeline

I only use my current Nokia mobile for phone calls and texts and I have to charge it every day. It was like that from the start. Never used it for anything else.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,511 ✭✭✭✭vectra

Can anyone elp me get Picture messaging working on this?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,190 ✭✭✭PaulieC

vectra wrote: »
    Can anyone elp me get Picture messaging working on this?

Running the network connection app should sort this out for you. Unless you're on O2, in which case have a search through their forum for the settings and add manually. Write them down as you will need them quite a lot. The missus has one on O2 and she's continuously having to do the settings thing. Mine is on meteor and ive had no problems

Advertisement