Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nokia Lumia 800

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,275 ✭✭✭evolutionqy7

breathn wrote: »
    We have the 710, great little phone.
    Carphonewarehouse in NI have it for £99 + £10 topup and it's unlocked.

Would love to get that as a spare phone. Its just that any websites I've been looking to unlock it is giving me a heft price of 60 euro's or so.

Unless some one knows a better place to unlock a 710?

• Registered Users Posts: 951 ✭✭✭andrewdeerpark

Is this the Lumia 710 £99 stg deal?
    http://www.carphonewarehouse.com/buy/NOKIA_LUMIA_710_VRW10_WEB10

And its unlocked? Brilliant.

Is this the Lumia 710 £99 stg deal?
    http://www.carphonewarehouse.com/buy/NOKIA_LUMIA_710_VRW10_WEB10

And its unlocked? Brilliant.

I dont expect it to be unlocked. It says Virgin Media as the network?

• Registered Users Posts: 951 ✭✭✭andrewdeerpark

A pity interesting to know anyone who took a punt on this phone and verified.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,056 ✭✭✭✭BostonB

Curious to know also if its unlocked in CW in NI too.

• Advertisement

jimmynokia wrote: »
    Depending on your needs, the 610 is more sleek looking.

I also think the 610 is a nicer looking phone than the 710. But the limitation of the RAM puts me off the 610. Though I think I'd wait for a W8 phone now unless the W7 ones come down to sub €100.

breathn wrote: »
    We have the 710, great little phone.
    Carphonewarehouse in NI have it for £99 + £10 topup and it's unlocked.

This suggests it isn't.

http://www.neowin.net/forum/topic/1081185-lumia-710-available-at-carphone-warehouse-for-just-9999/page__p__594903615#entry594903615

• Registered Users Posts: 6,467 ✭✭✭jimmynokia

BostonB wrote: »
    I also think the 610 is a nicer looking phone than the 710. But the limitation of the RAM puts me off the 610. Though I think I'd wait for a W8 phone now unless the W7 ones come down to sub €100.

As i said depending on needs the 610 is ideal for some,low RAM is an issue with this but that does not apply to all,the 710 has more RAM agreed but fugly looking lol..

But we possibly have a replacement 710 in the works IMO the 610/710 should be priced at 100/130 respectively now due to new devices on the way.

http://www.gsmarena.com/nokia_lumia_flame_a_710_replacement_in_the_works-news-4778.php

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭Queerdub

We will be seeing them, I can confirm that now.

which networks Jimmy?

So meteor have confirmed it.I'm working on the rest for answers.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭Queerdub

So meteor have confirmed it.I'm working on the rest for answers.

Yeah but they could go with black or grey or white rather than red or yellow?

• Registered Users Posts: 483 ✭✭breathn

I guess I was lucky then. It came with a UK Vodafone sim, I stuck an Irish Tesco Mobile microsim in it and it worked.

Your milage may vary.

The other problem with 610/710 and 800 is that the SQ and camera don't get the best reviews compared to other phones.

How hard is it get these unlocked? The place I normally use for locking, had outrageous prices for a 710. Is there something much harder with the W7 phones?

• Registered Users Posts: 860 ✭✭✭pedatron

How hard is it get these unlocked? The place I normally use for locking, had outrageous prices for a 710. Is there something much harder with the W7 phones?

Currently going through hardship trying to unlock on. Never saw anything as hard to unlock. Contacted o2 about it but yet to hear back. on emobile myself.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,448 ✭✭✭FGR

Viber gets Full Voice for Lumia Phones

Finally..! Free voice calls is something I've missed greatly. Hopefully it's out sooner rather than later.

FGR wrote: »
    Viber gets Full Voice for Lumia Phones

Finally..! Free voice calls is something I've missed greatly. Hopefully it's out sooner rather than later.[/QUO

bet me to it lol.. very welcome indeed

• Registered Users Posts: 2,878 ✭✭✭sc86

be carefull buying these

my usb port broke after 6 weeks
    nokia said it cant be fixed
    meteor didnt care either
    500e down the drain

and im not the only 1

http://discussions.nokia.com/t5/Nokia-with-Windows-Phone/Nokia-lumia-800-micro-usb-damage/m-p/1518554/highlight/false#M18642

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 23,157 Mod ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

sc86 wrote: »
    be carefull buying these

meteor didnt care either
    500e down the drain

and im not the only 1

http://discussions.nokia.com/t5/Nokia-with-Windows-Phone/Nokia-lumia-800-micro-usb-damage/m-p/1518554/highlight/false#M18642

Consumer rights forum is where you should go. If you've had the phone 6 weeks you should be getting repair/replace/refund, if they can't repair, they must provide you with either a replacement or refund.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,089 ✭✭✭DjFlin

be carefull buying these

meteor didnt care either
    500e down the drain

and im not the only 1

Never had a problem with mine.

Your phone is under warranty though. Meteor and Nokia are legally obliged to take care of you.

• Advertisement

be carefull buying these

meteor didnt care either
    500e down the drain

and im not the only 1

Not saying you did brake it, it could be a manufacturing fault, but generally ports, chargers and batteries are a touchy area. Sooo many people are just careless. They throw the phone around with the charger or audio jack in and break them or damage them.

A lot of them, after bending it or breaking it come into the shops and play dumb and try to throw the fault at the phone, which makes it hard to tell the thruth from a lie once it comes to a genuine fault

Never had an issue with mine either,these things happen and they can test weather its either a product fault,ware and tear or deliberate this would not come under the cosmetic damage clause which some shops throw at you.

It is a weak part and with repetitive use it will weaken, especially if your a heavy user..just have to be delicate with it lol...

• Registered Users Posts: 7,090 ✭✭✭jill_valentine

When you are scroling through the list of artists just press the big Play icon beside the artist name; that plays every song by the artist by album order.

Although there isn't a "scrubber" to skip to parts of a song when a track is playing, you can hold down the Next or Previous buttons to fast forward / rewind. Its a bit painful if you have an hour long mix mp3 but its better than nothing.

Better than nothing is right, much obliged. If anybody does come across a decent music app in the meantime though, give us a shout.

news just in

http://t.co/M1whBKGR

• Registered Users Posts: 7 cheap digital slr cameras

I do not have one. However, I have read that it is really an awesome phone. I even heard a talk about this Lumia. Actually, many wish to have this Nokia phone.

Consumer rights forum is where you should go. If you've had the phone 6 weeks you should be getting repair/replace/refund, if they can't repair, they must provide you with either a replacement or refund.

they wont replace it as there sayin its my fault its broke:mad:

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 23,157 Mod ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

they wont replace it as there sayin its my fault its broke:mad:

Ahhh I see...small claims court tbh. It's either that or throw away 3/400 worth of a phone.

im on bill pay, i wonder if i tell them im going to cancel will they do anything?

• Registered Users Posts: 630 ✭✭✭hadoken13

I have to say, from the moment the Lumia collection was launched, I've been very impressed with Nokia. They've listened to the users and are constantly striving to improve user experience and performance.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,783 ✭✭✭TBi

hadoken13 wrote: »
    I have to say, from the moment the Lumia collection was launched, I've been very impressed with Nokia. They've listened to the users and are constantly striving to improve user experience and performance.

Kind of like Apple when the iPhone was first released, one of the reasons IMHO that it was so popular.

Advertisement