Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nokia Lumia 800

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 630 ✭✭✭hadoken13

Only thing is, Nokia have been around a lot longer than Apple and have always improved their user experience and performance and are not stifling innovation.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,783 ✭✭✭TBi

hadoken13 wrote: »
    Only thing is, Nokia have been around a lot longer than Apple and have always improved their user experience and performance and are not stifling innovation.

Not sure how Apple are stifling innovation. Unless innovation is blatantly copying and profiting from someone else's work.

By following the formula of 'Patent everything'. What they then do is tie competitors up in court if they believe there is even a hint of product infringement, which in turn allows them to keep their competitive advantage. For example, Apple did not invent the touch screen, pinch and zoom is another method of using a touch screen, yet they see the need to patent this and sue others that improve on it.

I can see this argument going back and forth for ages - so it's probably best to post in another thread and keep this Nokia oriented.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,089 ✭✭✭DjFlin

hadoken13 wrote: »
    I can see this argument going back and forth for ages - so it's probably best to post in another thread and keep this Nokia oriented.

The worst part is, it would be an Apple V Samsung argument, in a Nokia thread. Pure madness.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,118 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

How do you unlock a Vodafone Nokia 800? If it's unlocked can it still be officially updated?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,783 ✭✭✭TBi

DjFlin wrote: »
    The worst part is, it would be an Apple V Samsung argument, in a Nokia thread. Pure madness.

Damn straight! My apologies. Hopefully a mod can remove these non-topic posts!

You forgot to mention that it would also be a iOS vs android argument in a WP7 thread :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,275 ✭✭✭evolutionqy7

How do you unlock a Vodafone Nokia 800? If it's unlocked can it still be officially updated?

Request a NAC code from vodafones website or over the phone. Yes it will still receive updates. Nothing changes

sc86 wrote: »
    im on bill pay, i wonder if i tell them im going to cancel will they do anything?

Your phone and your contract are two separate things. Its not really the providers fault the phone breaks. Unfortunately no one will allow you to leave contract over a broken phone.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,089 ✭✭✭DjFlin

sc86 wrote: »
    im on bill pay, i wonder if i tell them im going to cancel will they do anything?

No, if you cancel the contract, you'll have to pay the cancellation fee.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,904 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,056 ✭✭✭✭BostonB

TBH you might be better with the 710 sim free from Amazon or similar.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,904 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

• Registered Users Posts: 6,467 ✭✭✭jimmynokia

There is no noticeable diff for the basic tasks..Browsing would be a tad slower thats it

I thought due to the less ram some apps wont work and some functionality had been removed. However the unlock codes for these phones are so expensive it seems cheaper to buy a 710 sim free than pay for the unlocking code for a 610. Ive seem 710s for 140~180 ish on Amazon. Is there problem with third party sellers?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,553 ✭✭✭✭Copper_pipe

Guys I have a small issue, You know that live tile that has all your twiiter and Facebook notifications ? Well I accidentally unpinned it from the home screen and now I can't find it

Guys I have a small issue, You know that live tile that has all your twiiter and Facebook notifications ? Well I accidentally unpinned it from the home screen and now I can't find it

Go into people hub. Tap on your own picture and that will bring you to your own section. There should be a pon button at the bottom

• Registered Users Posts: 11,553 ✭✭✭✭Copper_pipe

Go into people hub. Tap on your own picture and that will bring you to your own section. There should be a pon button at the bottom

Thank you very much :D

• Registered Users Posts: 45 Lorgach

Only buy it if it runs on Androide !!!

• Registered Users Posts: 579 ✭✭✭Dub XV

Troll-tastic!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 860 ✭✭✭pedatron

Great news for me! O2 emailed me the unlock code today after I contacted their rep on boards. She was very helpful and when I provided her the details she mailed me on the unlock code that worked a treat!

One problem though. My data settings don't appear to be setting up. Tried the emobile site to get them sent out but they don't have them for the lumia 800!

• Registered Users Posts: 951 ✭✭✭andrewdeerpark

Link might help

http://community.giffgaff.com/t5/Learn-giffgaff-Top-Tips/giffgaffer-s-guide-to-Nokia-Lumia/m-p/2870383#M29243

Assuming you have access to a WIFI network the marketplace will work.

Just input the emobile data settings for other phones, APN etc

I would recommend downloading Zune to your PC and ensuring you have Windows Phone Mango (7.5) if not install it over USB (be patient it takes a while and the phone appears unresponsive), I solves a lot of these issues by smartly setting up all operator details.

• Registered Users Posts: 860 ✭✭✭pedatron

Worked an absolute treat! Thanks a million!

• Registered Users Posts: 951 ✭✭✭andrewdeerpark

Good to hear.

Viber-with-HD-Voice-Calling-for-Nokia-Lumia-only.pnghttp://www.windowsphone.com/en-us/store/app/viber/3fbf2a22-dca6-4f28-a61f-a81beae3cf1c
    updated! scan the qr code its in chinese though

Nokia exclusive version of Viber that allows to make free HD calls has been available to Irish users since Saturday 22nd Sep.

So far all works well….go uninstall your current version and get the Nokia one.

“Viber for Windows Phone 7 lets you make free calls and send free text and photo messages to other Viber users, on any device, network and country!

With Viber, your contacts on your device are also your Viber contacts, because Viber automatically detects your contacts who already have Viber. All you need to do is click on a name and start talking. No invites. No hassle.

Seems to be an issue with that link atm you can get vibers version here
    http://www.viber.com/

Are their Dublin bus, train, and dublin bikes apps for WM?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,388 ✭✭✭KingOfFairview

BostonB wrote: »
    Are their Dublin bus, train, and dublin bikes apps for WM?
    there are

• Registered Users Posts: 1,055 ✭✭✭Ronan H

jimmynokia wrote: »
    http://www.windowsphone.com/en-us/store/app/viber/3fbf2a22-dca6-4f28-a61f-a81beae3cf1c

Nokia exclusive version of Viber that allows to make free HD calls has been available to Irish users since Saturday 22nd Sep.

“Viber for Windows Phone 7 lets you make free calls and send free text and photo messages to other Viber users, on any device, network and country!

With Viber, your contacts on your device are also your Viber contacts, because Viber automatically detects your contacts who already have Viber. All you need to do is click on a name and start talking. No invites. No hassle.

That's a win, finally. The official Viber version of Viber left a lot to be desired. Nice work Nokia.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,194 ✭✭✭Corruptedmorals

jimmynokia wrote: »
    Viber-with-HD-Voice-Calling-for-Nokia-Lumia-only.pnghttp://www.windowsphone.com/en-us/store/app/viber/3fbf2a22-dca6-4f28-a61f-a81beae3cf1c

This app is not available for your device...damn...

Advertisement