Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Win a Christmas Package worth €280 with ESB Electric Ireland

Options
18910111214»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9 U2_Neat

a line6 hd500 guitar effects modeller i got me,
    nobody knows me like i do!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,190 ✭✭✭quenching

Good luck to all

• Registered Users Posts: 593 ✭✭✭AnamGlas

...a second hand saddle for the bike...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 90 ✭✭macfhinn

Probably has to be my matador costume

• Registered Users Posts: 3 24lynden

Worst - Anti wrinkle cream

Best - New fun socks, can't beat new fun socks at Christmas

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 589 ✭✭✭TonyM.

The best presant i ever got was a bottle of Tanqueray.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,553 ✭✭✭mymo

Best present would have been my daughter who was due on 25th Dec (some years back now), but she didn't arrive until 9th Jan:o

Best present I gave was a photo album made up from all our family photos that I gave my dad, all the pic's were in boxes and stuff, so I sorted them and grouped them by occasions and holidays etc that we all loved. There we some really great laughs that christmas as we talked of all the memories.

• Registered Users Posts: 425 ✭✭deecom

Well the wife gave me a vacuum cleaner for xmas last year. Not sure if its best or worst...

• Registered Users Posts: 483 ✭✭paddyjoe183

Seasons Greetings :)

We hope you’re getting excited by the approach of Christmas! This wait can be tantalisingly slow for some, but for others the time will tear by faster than Santa's Sleigh can travel (leading to manic last-minute shopping…).

Well, winning the Christmas Package we have up for grabs this month should help you either way.

The Electric Ireland Store is there to cater for your Christmas needs, with plenty to offer the curious shopper. We have put together a package of the below products, worth a combined €280 to one lucky winner.

SolarFairyLights-1-1-1.jpg
    • The Devotec Bluetooth Stereo Speaker is a high quality portable speaker system that plays music via Bluetooth®, and in addition to being mains-chargeable, it can also be powered up by the sun.
    • The Green Science Potato Clock - now here’s a strange one! It’s a clock powered by, ahem... spuds. Easier to come by in most Irish households than batteries when the power runs dry! ;) Plus it would make a great toy for any inquisitive mind!
    • The Philips Living Colours Mini will set the mood and bathe your home in a colour of your choice.
    • The Powermonkey Classic V2 Charger provides portable power for your gadgets when you need it.
    • And finally, the Solar Centre Fairy Lights let you place lights outside without the hassle of mains power – let the sun do the work, even in winter! (so they could be a nice addition to your Christmas décor)
    To be in with a chance to win, just leave a comment below. Anything will do, but to make things more interesting, you could tell us about the best or worst present you’ve ever given someone for Christmas…

Competition closes at midnight on Sunday 11th December, and the winner (chosen at random) will be announced on the Monday morning. Our competition T&Cs can be viewed here.

Best of luck! :)

David.

Best Present I ever got was a ring.... :D

• Registered Users Posts: 47 urbane4u

The worst present me got was a magnificient can opener worth over 50 euros......but i would have preferred a good Vodka over it :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 405 ✭✭doubleglaze

I have a WONDERFUL dog.

• Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭decp

Worst present was a brown flowery shirt (sorry Mum)

• Registered Users Posts: 46 Beave

Best present I ever gave was an Ibanez JS1 guitar, to my Dad back in the early 90s when I started working first. I must have saved for about 4 months to get it. Bought it I think in Music Maker on exchequer st. They are quite rare now, he still has it too.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,344 ✭✭✭Thoie

My sister hated the tealight powered plate warmer I gave her, and still mocks it to this day. So this year I'm going to buy her a tea light powered lava lamp.

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 21,502 Mod ✭✭✭✭Agent Smith

i once got a Controller for a console i didn't (and never got)

• Registered Users Posts: 19 timetrax

Best present has to be a Batman watch when I was just 8 years old!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,114 ✭✭✭dinneenp

I love lamp

• Registered Users Posts: 19 timetrax

Star Wars figures were the best Xmas present like.....EVER ;-)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,457 ✭✭✭Electric Ireland: David

Hi everyone,

This has been another great competition all thanks to your posts - many of which were extremely poignant and moving, so thanks so much for sharing those memories (this post by NewFrockTuesday being a good example of what I mean).

Without further ado, the Winner of our Christmas Package is... [drum roll please]... Kanoe with the following post!:
    Kanoe wrote: »
    guitar :) best present ever. I was 12 and had been leaving hints for ages, wait no, they weren't hints I directly requested a guitar for Christmas. It was 1987 and times were hard, a little bit like now and there wasn't much in the kitty. I remember them coming back from shopping late Christmas eve and placing a little parcel with my name on under the tree. I was devastated, there was no way that was a guitar. My sister had no intention on waiting 'til Christmas morning to open her parel and pulled out a gold chain, with matching bracelet and earrings. I knew what it was then and went to bed in tears.

So yeah, I nearly vomited Christmas morning when I found a large triangular box at the end of my bed when I woke up. T'was great, best present ever. :)

(spent the rest of the day "writing" a song that my dad went on to call "chu-ning".)

:pac:

Congratulations Kanoe, we hope you enjoy your prize and also hope you're still strumming out tunes on the guitar! :)

Thanks,

David.

(P.S. seeing as this thread is very much about the memories, maybe this ad - just re-aired on Friday - might evoke one or two more :))

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,585 ✭✭✭EI: Una

Congrats Kanoe - enjoy! :D

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement