Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Win a Christmas Package worth €280 with ESB Electric Ireland

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,718 ✭✭✭jluv

When I buy pressies for others it has to be something that they will know I put thought into for them. So no matter how big,small, cheap expensive, once the person recieving it knows it could only have been bought for them then I am happy..Makes buying tough sometimes tho..

• Registered Users Posts: 4,151 ✭✭✭kupus

Bought the missus an ipad last year, she's about as technically minded as a spud, so yeah I admit, I know what I was doing!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,078 ✭✭✭fenris

Best present was an electronics kit, back when you could do good stuff with them before the H&S crowd got involved. High voltage generator rigged up to my brothers clothes drawer - great idea, only it was DC and he couldn't let go of the handle, screams were well loud though!

best present was getting a pacman game instead of space invaders game quite some time ago.
    (hope its ok to post a pic! long gone now tho :( )
    pacman.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 11,698 ✭✭✭✭Princess Peach

I'm full of Christmas cheer :D:D:D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 986 ✭✭✭Typhoon.

best present ever was a commodore 64 from santy

woke up at 2:30 am.... was too early to be allowed stay up so had to go back to bed ! dunno how I fell back asleep

• Registered Users Posts: 393 ✭✭Gaw_

Worst present ever would have to be a golf tee. Not an expensive one either, it was plastic and looked like it was from one of those '€2' stores. To top it all off, I've never even played golf, and my friend knew that too. I really have no idea what he was thinking..

• Registered Users Posts: 749 ✭✭✭Whitehawk

best present ever would be winning something here :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,986 ✭✭✭Noo

Kept asking my dad one year what he wanted for Christmas and he kept saying i don't know. Eventually he said "oh i dunno...socks". He got 10 pairs of socks that Christmas. He has never said i don't know since.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,673 ✭✭✭brian_t

Best was tickets to Simon & Garfunkel

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,255 ✭✭✭Yawns

A guy I know had a one night stand and the girl got pregnant. I put a condom in a box and wrapped it. Placed that box in another box and wrapped it. Repeated til it was in a playstation 3 box.

All the lads got together to give it to him. We "let slip" that we bought him a PS3 as he wouldn't have enough money soon to spend on himself. He was so delighted. Until he got started on unwrapping it. His face was priceless! He got confused as he kept going, then annoyed. He got angry at the condom but laughed soon after.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,776 ✭✭✭faolteam

Because i had bought the same Game the Day Beofore... not realisisng i was going to get one Aghhhhhhhhhhhhh:(

• Registered Users Posts: 3,600 ✭✭✭Blackjack

I want the Potato Clock. And the other things.

Crappy gifts:
    Socks and a really bad tie, that I never wore.

Best Gifts:
    Nintendo Wii.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,662 ✭✭✭Deeper Blue

Best present I ever got was my first TV:)

• Registered Users Posts: 239 ✭✭meemeep

worst present - a cookery book and a hand held vacumn cleaner. Combined Christmas and birthday present. Best present - one I bought myself.:)...on his credit card:)

• Registered Users Posts: 246 ✭✭emmet the rover

best christmas present ever was a metal classic series 3 land rover cup (exact same as the model i own) rubbish to anyone else great to me

• Registered Users Posts: 727 ✭✭✭prettygurrly

hmm best present was definitely last valentines day (not christmas i know) when the boyfriend gave me a white gold water drop necklace cos i'm doing a phd in rivers and lakes. it was really sweet.
    best christmas present was also from him.. he gave me a printer when i was in the throes of my masters and it was one of the most thoughtful and surprising presents i ever got.
    obviously loads of other gorgeous gifts from my parents etc. such as vouchers for lovely meals and hotels which i'm also extremely thankful for...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,688 ✭✭✭kerash

worst was a knitted pink hat that didn't fit.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,617 ✭✭✭smallgarden

i wonder was it an irish peson who thought up the potato clock?

• Registered Users Posts: 171 ✭✭srvhead

Best present ever - a Box set of Stevie Ray Vaughan from my wife.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1 Bazzidisco

The worst present I got was a can of Lynx and a lighter !

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭Keea

Hate to admit it but I once gave my boyfriend (who is now my husband) a shoe shine polish kit as part of a Christmas present. It has to be the worst present I've ever given. He still slags me to this day!icon10.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 961 ✭✭✭gingernut79

I got a red Ferrari radio when I was 9 or 10. Hello Santa I am a GIRL!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,175 ✭✭✭hoodwinked

Best present i ever got was an elmo teddy,

small yes,

simple yes

cheap yes,

but it meant more to me then any other gift i ever got from a boyfriend!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 petorious

Im doing this cuz my mate wont stop reposting this this my facebook page!

Up untill last year i'd get just a single blank video tape every year from the uncle i never liked, i've had a DVD player for the past 10 years!!

• Registered Users Posts: 228 ✭✭jimmymal

i got a watergun for christmas. had to wait for ages to use the thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 587 ✭✭✭stacexD

someones love

• Registered Users Posts: 2,059 ✭✭✭Screaminmidget

I got a second hand laptop one year from my dads office, one of the really old ones. Learned to type that christmas, and still have that laptop in my room!! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,692 ✭✭✭Dublin_Gunner

Lots of interesting energy friendly bits in the prize - would love to win it!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,522 ✭✭✭Kanoe

guitar :) best present ever. I was 12 and had been leaving hints for ages, wait no, they weren't hints I directly requested a guitar for Christmas. It was 1987 and times were hard, a little bit like now and there wasn't much in the kitty. I remember them coming back from shopping late Christmas eve and placing a little parcel with my name on under the tree. I was devastated, there was no way that was a guitar. My sister had no intention on waiting 'til Christmas morning to open her parel and pulled out a gold chain, with matching bracelet and earrings. I knew what it was then and went to bed in tears.

So yeah, I nearly vomited Christmas morning when I found a large triangular box at the end of my bed when I woke up. T'was great, best present ever. :)

(spent the rest of the day "writing" a song that my dad went on to call "chu-ning".)

:pac:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement